DJing Discussion

This area is for discussion about DJing in general. Please remember the community rules when posting and try to be polite and inclusive.

What's Wrong with this picture? DJ Nick Hogan Edition

jwagner 9:59 PM - 11 January, 2011
www.facebook.com

See if you can spot one of the 53 things wrong with this picture:

Dj-M.Bezzle 10:06 PM - 11 January, 2011
damn ....53??
Doctorjon 10:06 PM - 11 January, 2011
Not sure, maybe his needle went out and he had to use instant doubles? LOL
Dj-M.Bezzle 10:07 PM - 11 January, 2011
damnit pic dosent show up well enough on my phone to see individual things
bill-e 10:08 PM - 11 January, 2011
Clubs and the best dj ever mixtape...already...touché nick hogan...touché...
djdannyd 10:11 PM - 11 January, 2011
Quote:
www.facebook.com

1. You have nothing better to do but look for flaws on other djs
jwagner 10:11 PM - 11 January, 2011
Quote:
damn ....53??

there may be more or less but that accounts for the less obvious more creative things wrong with the picture, serato posters are good at pointing out.
Dj-M.Bezzle 10:13 PM - 11 January, 2011
Quote:
Quote:

www.facebook.com

+1
Doctorjon 10:17 PM - 11 January, 2011
^^^^ Ultraaaaaa combo
jwagner 10:25 PM - 11 January, 2011
Quote:
Quote:

Quote:

www.facebook.com

They should shut down djfameorshame.com too huh? cause that's all he's doing too according to you.

I have absolutely no problem with djs looking to get better and hustling to be a better dj. However,I do have a problem with people who suck and act like their gods gift to djing.

He could have went a different route and taken the humble view of I'm just glad to get a shot from my dads fame, and learn from the plenty of djs that are much better than me.

Instead- I got serato, My dads hulk hogan, Im the best DJ before I put in any work.

News flash: You deserve to be ridiculed if you act that way.
Dj-M.Bezzle 10:27 PM - 11 January, 2011
Quote:

I'm just glad to get a shot from my dads fame, and learn from the plenty of djs that are much better than me.

...i thought he DID come on here and say that
djdannyd 10:33 PM - 11 January, 2011
Quote:
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

www.facebook.com

They should shut down djfameorshame.com too huh? cause that's all he's doing too according to you.

I have absolutely no problem with djs looking to get better and hustling to be a better dj. However,I do have a problem with people who suck and act like their gods gift to djing.

He could have went a different route and taken the humble view of I'm just glad to get a shot from my dads fame, and learn from the plenty of djs that are much better than me.

Instead- I got serato, My dads hulk hogan, Im the best DJ before I put in any work.

News flash: You deserve to be ridiculed if you act that way.

nuffsaid#

i269.photobucket.com
jwagner 10:34 PM - 11 January, 2011
I'm just glad to get a shot from my dads fame, and learn from the plenty of djs that are much better than me.

I'd like to enter exhibit A into evidence to contradict that.

Watchwww.youtube.com
Quote:
Quote:
jwagner 10:35 PM - 11 January, 2011
Quote:
Quote:

www.youtube.com view
jwagner 10:35 PM - 11 January, 2011
jeez quote fail

working link- Watchwww.youtube.com
wrosenbl12 10:41 PM - 11 January, 2011
Nick instant doubles everything. I'm probably one of the few ppl here who have actually seen him spin.

He's actually a really genuine and nice guy...I had total expectations for him to be different but he took me by surprise. The first time i met him we chatted for just a couple of minutes; I just saw him again this last weekend and he actually remembered my name.
djdannyd 10:41 PM - 11 January, 2011
^^^Is your name Nick?
Dj-M.Bezzle 10:46 PM - 11 January, 2011
Quote:
jeez quote fail

working link- Watchwww.youtube.com Watchwww.youtube.com

so your suggesting he make a commercial to advertise his services and in the commercial say "This is nick hogan im only famous because of my dad i got alot of work to do but hope to learn from true DJs one day, for booking call...."
jwagner 10:50 PM - 11 January, 2011
Quote:
Quote:

jeez quote fail

working link- Watchwww.youtube.com Watchwww.youtube.com

so your suggesting he make a commercial to advertise his services and in the commercial say "This is nick hogan im only famous because of my dad i got alot of work to do but hope to learn from true DJs one day, for booking call...."

no bezzle but he wouldnt look like a cocky prick in that clip if he lost the last few seconds out of it when he said sickest djs everr(...everrrr that ever existed on the face of the planet.)

heck even if he took out whats in parenthesis it wouldnt be so bad.
bill-e 10:51 PM - 11 January, 2011
Quote:
Nick instant doubles everything. I'm probably one of the few ppl here who have actually seen him spin.

He's actually a really genuine and nice guy...I had total expectations for him to be different but he took me by surprise. The first time i met him we chatted for just a couple of minutes; I just saw him again this last weekend and he actually remembered my name.

He can haz teh skillz?
bill-e 10:54 PM - 11 January, 2011
Or no cuz he's a h4x0r
Dj-M.Bezzle 10:55 PM - 11 January, 2011
I dont know mabye its just myself maturing in the game but someone saying they are the best dosent really get under my skin anymore, I dont feel the need to knock them off their pedastal or prove them wrong. i dont give a fuck if everyone who owned an MP3 says their the best, fuck they all may be right. All I care about is the fact that I KNOW IM NOT THE BEST and i need to bust my ass and do me if i ever want to make it into the box that holds the game that that levels in. And i also know that if i ever make it there I wont have to say it.
djdannyd 10:55 PM - 11 January, 2011
Quote:
no bezzle but he wouldnt look like a cocky prick in that clip if he lost the last few seconds out of it when he said sickest djs everr(...everrrr that ever existed on the face of the planet.)

What is he supposed to say on the video when he uses it to promote himself and get gigs?

What would you say on a job interview?
Dj-M.Bezzle 10:57 PM - 11 January, 2011
Quote:
Quote:

What is he supposed to say on the video when he uses it to promote himself and get gigs?

What would you say on a job interview?

+1 plus look at how he said it he was damn near laughing if you think he was trying to convey a serious message you have issues. Besides at least he didnt say HE was the best he said best DJS, he included the other dude.
ancientyouth 11:04 PM - 11 January, 2011
The pic isn't too bad...... The vid though, what kind of work can u get from a vid like that? Dude I'm like the sickest ever that's why I'm tellin you on my back porch with my homey......believe me .... Fuck you nock hogan I'm the best ever! I promise.... Plus I'm availablE...
Logisticalstyles 11:09 PM - 11 January, 2011
Quote:
Quote:

Quote:

www.youtube.com view

He advertising his services. Of course he's going to say that. I 've even said that sometimes about myself. Have you ever been to a DJ battle? Most DJs start off with some intro saying something about how they are the illest DJ. Are you going to go tothe DMCs and hate on those DJs as well? What about all of the local club and mixtape DJs that say they are The King of The Clubs, or The Remix King or whatever tagline they use? No, I guess it's easier to hate on someone famous.
ninos 11:11 PM - 11 January, 2011
no needle on right deck, needles are different, mic is in the way of mixin.. loll
jwagner 11:17 PM - 11 January, 2011
aside from all the you're a hater blaah blah blah posts. Moving on...

There is a hat on the right deck and and a full drink balanced on wires next to the turntables.
djdannyd 11:19 PM - 11 January, 2011
I guess it all comes down to how confident you are about yourself.

Quote:
no needle on right deck, needles are different, mic is in the way of mixin.. loll

huh?
Quote:

There is a hat on the right deck and and a full drink balanced on wires next to the turntables.

.....?
jwagner 11:20 PM - 11 January, 2011
Quote:
I guess it all comes down to how confident you are about yourself.

Quote:

huh?
Quote:

.....?

????
djdannyd 11:30 PM - 11 January, 2011
I gues my question is if there is a point to all of this? @jwagner can you post pictures of your set up or you djing. I want to start another thread.
jwagner 11:33 PM - 11 January, 2011
Quote:
I gues my question is if there is a point to all of this? @jwagner can you post pictures of your set up or you djing. I want to start another thread.

Don't see the point never said I was the best. Do I have to post a picture of me playing football to give an opinion on an nfl quarterback?
djdannyd 11:45 PM - 11 January, 2011
There is a big difference between giving an opinion and hating on some one.
Logisticalstyles 12:10 AM - 12 January, 2011
Quote:

a full drink balanced on wires next to the turntables.

Where?
DJ TOGTFO 3:01 AM - 12 January, 2011
JWagner is just pissed bc Nick Hogan stole all of his imaginary gigs.
RAYSH 3:36 AM - 12 January, 2011
i knew, before i even opened this thread, that there was going to be MASSIVE hate for this guy. let the poor guy spin, its the same attitude everyone has with pauly d. tall poppy syndrome. I say good for them, they may not have the best skills, but if you had it like them you'd probably be riding the wave aswell.

after all that shit hes gone through, with his parents divorce, his mom's marriage to a guy his own age, his accident, his jail time, the poor guy deserves to follow is passion

geez
bill-e 3:46 AM - 12 January, 2011
Quote:
i knew, before i even opened this thread, that there was going to be MASSIVE hate for this guy. let the poor guy spin, its the same attitude everyone has with pauly d. tall poppy syndrome. I say good for them, they may not have the best skills, but if you had it like them you'd probably be riding the wave aswell.

after all that shit hes gone through, with his parents divorce, his mom's marriage to a guy his own age, his accident, his jail time, the poor guy deserves to follow is passion

geez

boo hoo him street racing his supra...
bill-e 3:47 AM - 12 January, 2011
lol and the parents divorce
RAYSH 3:53 AM - 12 January, 2011
i loved that show hogan knows best, he was so bratty
DCD 5:10 AM - 12 January, 2011
I think the turntable broke. If you look at the other pics in that album, the turntable was working and being used by Nick. Later on, everyone's being forced to use one turntable.

BUT WHO CARES LETS JUST BE QUICK TO CALL HIM OUT ON IT AND BOOST OUR EGOS
jbnyc 5:45 AM - 12 January, 2011
ok the million dollar question!!! is he better than Pauly D? who knows,maybe HE IS the best dj ever....everrr that ever existed on the face of the planet.
jevo9 6:56 AM - 12 January, 2011
i love the how everyone in here criticizes...
ta2423 7:17 AM - 12 January, 2011
I may be wrong but from all the dj's I have seen. Everyone criticizes another dj sooner or later. I try to catch myself if Im out with friends even if its a straight wreck I try not to say anything. I also see that I notice alot more being a dj than the average person out having fun. At least he is not freejaying it.
dirtyonekanobi 1:44 PM - 12 January, 2011
I looked through some of the other pictures. he has two records on in most of them. Move on...

The only thing I find wrong is >>> THIS >>>> www.facebook.com!/photo.php?fbid=482677580517&set=at.482676605517.265494.367781100517.656457423&pid=6584698&id=367781100517

Major health hazard LOL
dirtyonekanobi 1:45 PM - 12 January, 2011
Quote:
I looked through some of the other pictures. he has two records on in most of them. Move on...

The only thing I find wrong is >>> THIS >>>> www.facebook.com

Major health hazard LOL

Link Fail...fixed
dirtyonekanobi 1:48 PM - 12 January, 2011
Quote:
Quote:

The only thing I find wrong is >>> THIS >>>> www.facebook.com

Major health hazard LOL

NEVERMIND ... screw you link ... picture 31 there's a dude in a neck-brace. thought it was funny. its not now
DJJOHNNYM_vSL3 2:02 PM - 12 January, 2011
Quote:
Quote:

www.facebook.com

CO to the Muhfugging SIGN.
DJJOHNNYM_vSL3 2:14 PM - 12 January, 2011
I can't BELIEVE y'all buggin' about a DJ sayin' he's THE BEST.

If HE doesn't believe it, then who will?

I say it all day long.

www.djjohnnym.com

Stop bein' jealous.
Dj-M.Bezzle 2:20 PM - 12 January, 2011
there is only ONE person who has the right to be upset about what hogans saying

ukrmedia.biz
jbnyc 3:01 PM - 12 January, 2011
Quote:

I say it all day long.

www.djjohnnym.com

Stop bein' jealous.

Y'all? If you noticed everyone is defending Nick! Just the thread starter was "buggin" i was just wondering if he has some skills,theres no videos of him mixing and because of his celebrity status i know that he could rock a party and kill it but if he makes one mistake only throughout the whole night....thats the little part we'll see on youtube! Lol
ta2423 4:01 PM - 12 January, 2011
yep
DJ Benny B NYC 4:06 PM - 12 January, 2011
it doesnt look that bad to me... hes just using instant doubles
Dj-M.Bezzle 4:11 PM - 12 January, 2011
Quote:

Y'all? If you noticed everyone is defending Nick!

I dont think we are defending nick in any way, its just getting old spending all of your time trying to tear down another DJ who has nothing to do with you, hes not talkin anyones residencies and you cant judge a DJ performance from a picture. We are djs if you want to critisize post a mix and pick it apart in a constructive way so that he or mabye even WE can learn something and be better because of it
DJJOHNNYM_vSL3 4:21 PM - 12 January, 2011
Quote:
Quote:

I say it all day long.

www.djjohnnym.com

Stop bein' jealous.

Man, I didn't feel like cherry pickin' the offenders...

They know who they are!

I mean, if this dude WASN'T affiliated with Hulk Hogan, and was saying these things, who would care?

I mean, stop playin.
Doctorjon 5:00 PM - 12 January, 2011
Quote:
Quote:

I dont think we are defending nick in any way, its just getting old spending all of your time trying to tear down another DJ who has nothing to do with you, hes not talkin anyones residencies and you cant judge a DJ performance from a picture. We are djs if you want to critisize post a mix and pick it apart in a constructive way so that he or mabye even WE can learn something and be better because of it

Dj Alex Perez Live @Club Abyss LOL
Dj-M.Bezzle 5:00 PM - 12 January, 2011
THERE WE GO LOL
Doctorjon 5:07 PM - 12 January, 2011
Yep. In the picture there is just no way, because it just doesn't look that bad. Now if none of his needles were touching any of the records than yes djfameorshame.
ta2423 5:24 PM - 12 January, 2011
Huh? Alot of times I drop a mix in on the left deck instant double to the right deck on internal and lift my needles until Im ready to mix in the next song. Has nothing to do with experience. This stops alot of unwanted mishaps for me and the zillion people leaning over ish and bumping the tables etc.
jbnyc 5:47 PM - 12 January, 2011
Quote:
Quote:

ok let me rephrase that.... if you didnt noticed M BEEZLE IS DEFENDING HIM AGAIN!!! lol (nm)

honnestly i dont give a fuck what he said, how he said it or what you all like or hate about the guy, i was just wondering if he became an overnight dj or if he was dj'ing before the accident, i never watched the show so i dont know, anyone has a video laying around just to see if this guy can rock a club or if he is just getting gigs because of his last name...
Dj-M.Bezzle 5:53 PM - 12 January, 2011
Quote:

if you didnt noticed M BEEZLE IS DEFENDING HIM AGAIN!!! lol

how on earth is that defending him, im saying who cares what anothe dj is doing, does him having a needle on the right table affect you in ANY WAY! WHO CARES!
slimmjimm 6:39 PM - 12 January, 2011
Man, in the one pic, dude is balding already.
jbnyc 7:16 PM - 12 January, 2011
Quote:
Quote:

if you didnt noticed M BEEZLE IS DEFENDING HIM AGAIN!!! lol

how on earth is that defending him, im saying who cares what anothe dj is doing, does him having a needle on the right table affect you in ANY WAY! WHO CARES!

me?? i clearly said I DONT GIVE A FUCK!!
jbnyc 7:17 PM - 12 January, 2011
Quote:
Man, in the one pic, dude is balding already.

lol
CMOS 8:32 PM - 12 January, 2011
I thought we all got the text saying Nick was cool?
DJ Alkemy 8:42 PM - 12 January, 2011
I dont see any problem with DJ's using instant doubles. I do all the time. Im more comfortable with my left hand than my right so a lot of the time I instant double and carry on with the left deck. If I wanted to do some fade echos or scratch a track out on the right deck then I would but I see no big problem with using the function. Sometimes I cant be arsed to bring both my decks when I do little local gigs because of space issues etc. As long as the party is going well, who the hell cares. And if some snotty nosed clown started making a big deal that Im only using one deck then my response would be "If you aint good enough for two decks then dont even try and clown me for using one".
DJ_Gr0wTesK 8:51 PM - 12 January, 2011
I never DJ with two decks, I just bring a song in on the left, throw it to the right mostly
DJ Alkemy 8:55 PM - 12 January, 2011
Quote:
I never DJ with two decks, I just bring a song in on the left, throw it to the right mostly

If you want to do some extra things with the track playing on the right then a second deck is needed. I dont wanna be using that echo effect in SSL everytime I want to do something other than mix the track out gradually but I dont see a big deal with using one deck if some factors come into like I listed above.
DJ_Gr0wTesK 9:03 PM - 12 January, 2011
well unless I'm playing on someone else's equip I use traktor, and I have it to where a simple midi button switches the timecode control from deck a to deck b, so I can control them pretty quickly for simple juggles etc
Dj-M.Bezzle 9:12 PM - 12 January, 2011
Quote:
well unless I'm playing on someone else's equip I use traktor, and I have it to where a simple midi button switches the timecode control from deck a to deck b, so I can control them pretty quickly for simple juggles etc

SL can do that to .......
DJ_Gr0wTesK 9:13 PM - 12 January, 2011
Can it bezzle? Never tried it. How does it work?
Dj-M.Bezzle 9:14 PM - 12 January, 2011
Quote:
Can it bezzle? Never tried it. How does it work?

exactly how you just explained it, theres a little button on the top you click (im sure theres a hot key for it and a midi assign for it to) and it switched which deck is deck A and B
DJ_Gr0wTesK 9:19 PM - 12 January, 2011
damn, never even thought about it. Depending on how the full Traktor Pro2 reveal goes, I might have to switch over to that SL4 lol
DJ Alkemy 10:38 PM - 12 January, 2011
I could never use cue points etc for juggles, it would seem too much like cheating
DJ_Gr0wTesK 1:26 AM - 13 January, 2011
Quote:
I could never use cue points etc for juggles, it would seem too much like cheating

well i dont use them for juggles really. drop something, throw it over immediately, backspin, drop it again

that's my process, or a combination of that along with hitting cue points
DouggyFresh 9:07 AM - 13 January, 2011
He's not the best... DJ KHALED... he's the best!!! he even says it in his songs.

:)
jwagner 9:13 AM - 13 January, 2011
Quote:
He's not the best... DJ KHALED... he's the best!!! he even says it in his songs.

:)

He says we the best. who else is included on that list?
Dysquo 10:50 AM - 13 January, 2011
He's got the name and rep of his dad behind him, but Hogan is a good Kid. Is he the Best. No. Does he want to be? Probably. I'll say I'm the best all day long.... Am I? I'll let that girl shakin her ass to my mix let me know. Lol..... As for how he uses Serato, It's made to be used in different ways, is one better? Doesn't matter if you can keep the people dancing without train wrecking.

www.Dysquo.com
jbnyc 2:22 PM - 13 January, 2011
^^^ you're absolutly right!

Www.VideoDjJB.com
Dj-M.Bezzle 2:38 PM - 13 January, 2011
Quote:

Www.VideoDjJB.com

dude NICE studio!!!!
DCD 3:51 PM - 13 January, 2011
Quote:
Quote:

Www.VideoDjJB.com

dude NICE studio!!!!

my favorite part are the three printers
Dj-M.Bezzle 3:52 PM - 13 January, 2011
Quote:
Quote:

Quote:

Www.VideoDjJB.com

dude NICE studio!!!!

my favorite part are the three printers

LMFAO!!!
jbnyc 4:23 PM - 13 January, 2011
Hahaha THERES AN EXPLANATION FOR THAT! lol

The first one is the only one that has a scanner but prints like shit,the next one prints on cd's and the third one prints beautiful pictures so i just CANT get rid of any of them lol

Quote:
Quote:

Www.VideoDjJB.com

dude NICE studio!!!!

Thanks!
DJ Tecniq 9:33 PM - 13 January, 2011
Quote:
you should it gets u where u need to be quicker, but not all the time i usually do it like once. markers are a + too.
yaeLBrown 4:53 AM - 14 January, 2011
He borrowed a jacket from klever.

sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net

upload.wikimedia.org
DJ Tecniq 5:04 AM - 14 January, 2011
damn those girls are fugly....
ninos 5:05 AM - 14 January, 2011
your tellin me if they wanted to go home with you, you wouldnt take em...
Dj-M.Bezzle 2:15 PM - 14 January, 2011
Quote:
your tellin me if they wanted to go home with you, you wouldnt take em...

HELL NO! if they look that bad at night dressed up they gonna look like HELL the next morning, if i woke up and rolled over and seen that girl on the right lookin like shes makin a scary face id probably piss myslef
_Stuart 6:30 PM - 14 January, 2011
loled for 10 mins :)
DJ ARMP!T 5:45 PM - 15 January, 2011
my boy opened for him at 888 last night and Nick Hogan is a p.o.s.

" He sent his boys to tell me to stop playing hits when I was playing NO HITS. And I was like yo! Chill the f**** out and pushed him out of my way. Then got off and got kicked off. But it was fun watching people boo him and throw drink at him
6 hours ago · Like"
ta2423 6:31 PM - 15 January, 2011
No shit...
DJSHARK 3:31 AM - 16 January, 2011
You know what this is worse then any pauly d shit.Dj Hogan Im sorry this is retarded.I cant take any more posers Im done.I have spent 15yrs in this dj game and these celeb types come in and think anyone can fucking rock some decks.Shit if I dont stop Im goin to have a heart attack.
O.B.1 6:57 AM - 16 January, 2011
"I cried two tears in a bucket, fuck it... let's take it to the stage!"

name that movie quote for 10 points :)
bill-e 7:37 AM - 16 January, 2011
Quote:

my dad used to say random quotes like that...minus the profanity...house party was a staple at the heezy
O.B.1 9:53 PM - 16 January, 2011
we have a winner!
RogerRabbit 9:58 PM - 16 January, 2011
Quote:
You know what this is worse then any pauly d shit.Dj Hogan Im sorry this is retarded.I cant take any more posers Im done.I have spent 15yrs in this dj game and these celeb types come in and think anyone can fucking rock some decks.Shit if I dont stop Im goin to have a heart attack.

Anyone CAN rock some decks - the shit is not that complicated...
ta2423 12:35 AM - 17 January, 2011
Quote:
Quote:

Depends on your definiton of rock.
Dj-M.Bezzle 3:37 PM - 17 January, 2011
Quote:
Quote:

Quote:

+1 being able to beatmatch and playing whats on the radio is not "rocking" the decks
jbnyc 4:41 PM - 17 January, 2011
Quote:

Method man kinda use that line on the bring the pain track also..
RogerRabbit 5:14 PM - 17 January, 2011
Quote:
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

+1 being able to beatmatch and playing whats on the radio is not "rocking" the decks

What's missing -scratching and dmc style turntable tricks ... the stuff that is not absolutely necessary for a club environment..

Let's imagine you were rich, with nothing with time on your hands. How long would it take you to learn the technical aspect of Dj-ing. How long with it take you to become proficient and blending,beat matching and scratching - with the aid of a good DJ tutor?
Dj-M.Bezzle 5:20 PM - 17 January, 2011
Quote:

What's missing -scratching and dmc style turntable tricks ... the stuff that is not absolutely necessary for a club environment..

your right those arent necessary...what seperates a dj playing a night and a dj ROCKING the decks is doing more than the bare essentials, if your doing just enough to get by your not ROCKING the decks
DJ Alkemy 7:30 PM - 17 January, 2011
RogerRabbit. You must understand their are levels in DJ'ing the same as everything else. I go to the gym and practise boxing five times a week, I doubt Ill be getting into the ring with Money Mayweather anytime soon though. I also play poker a lot but I wouldn't fancy myself heads up against Phil Hellmuth in a heads up. Just the same as the levels of DJ'ing. How many DJ's on this forum do you think you are better than.
Dj-M.Bezzle 7:57 PM - 17 January, 2011
Quote:
How many DJ's on this forum do you think you are better than.

now THEREs an idea for a thread
DJ_Phenom 7:59 PM - 17 January, 2011
Quote:
Quote:

How many DJ's on this forum do you think you are better than.

now THEREs an idea for a thread

battle royale
ta2423 8:01 PM - 17 January, 2011
^sounds like an all out forum battle...
I assume his phase will die out and he will do something else. Theres alot of things peeps want to do in their life. Some want to control a dance floor. I wonder if he threw in a couple of his sisters songs. He will get tired of the scene in due time.
Im sure if he wants to better himself he will have a big name showing him the ropes and putting in the practice to get where he wants. Im just glad to see turntables in front of him which leads me to believe he is going in the right direction.
If he sticks with it 5 to 10 years from now Im sure alot of people will have a different perspective. All I know is you dont just walk up and run tables with ssl and not have put any practice in at all.
100 percent of people would take 20 minutes to figure out how to find load and play the first song.
DouggyFresh 8:01 PM - 17 January, 2011
Quote:
Quote:

your right those arent necessary...what seperates a dj playing a night and a dj ROCKING the decks is doing more than the bare essentials, if your doing just enough to get by your not ROCKING the decks

I believe good song selection (and flow of music) is the key difference between basic technical DJing and rocking a crowd. You can play a night full of hits but song to song you really gotta keep the mood & energy right to have a smooth transition.

Its also knowing when to change that mood & energy - so many close BPM songs convey an entirely different mood & energy. For example, Mike Jones - Flossin, Rihanna - What's my Name, Lil Jon - Get Low.

It's more about knowing your music and effect that it has on various crowds and knowing the right time to play those songs to get the desired effect (cycling people on and off the floor & to the bar). That's something that can't be taught or practiced in the studio, you really have to get that experience from time behind the decks in front of crowds.
ta2423 8:08 PM - 17 January, 2011
Quote:
Quote:

Quote:

I believe good song selection (and flow of music) is the key difference between basic technical DJing and rocking a crowd. You can play a night full of hits but song to song you really gotta keep the mood & energy right to have a smooth transition.

Its also knowing when to change that mood & energy - so many close BPM songs convey an entirely different mood & energy. For example, Mike Jones - Flossin, Rihanna - What's my Name, Lil Jon - Get Low.

It's more about knowing your music and effect that it has on various crowds and knowing the right time to play those songs to get the desired effect (cycling people on and off the floor & to the bar). That's something that can't be taught or practiced in the studio, you really have to get that experience from time behind the decks in front of crowds.

True but at the same time.... It doesnt take a grand master to put people on the floor when they are all blitzed from alcohol and other mind altering substances.
8pm is where the real work is put in... 1am is free for all. "in most cases"
Dj-M.Bezzle 8:10 PM - 17 January, 2011
Quote:

True but at the same time.... It doesnt take a grand master to put people on the floor when they are all blitzed from alcohol and other mind altering substances.

but once again if the only reason they are on the floor is because their shitfaced and would dance to silence if need be YOU are not rocking the party
DJkahar aka Skyscraper 8:10 PM - 17 January, 2011
Waiting for Nick Hogan to chime in....................
ta2423 8:17 PM - 17 January, 2011
You can safely say you rocked a party if....
You handed out all your business cards,
Didnt pay for a single drink,
Shook hands with half the venue,
Ended up with extra cash in your pocket,
was booked to come back,
you broke 2 needles and
walked out with that blonde you were eyeing from behind your macbook all night.
Oh yeah and Pauly d walks up and says good job.. "cough cough"
DouggyFresh 8:19 PM - 17 January, 2011
Quote:
8pm is where the real work is put in... 1am is free for all. "in most cases"

A lot of my early crowd (i play from 10-12 or 10-11:30 most times) are under 21 so they don't drink, and that is indeed the hardest crowd to play for. I just DJ'ed a 125 person sweet 17 private party last night, same thing, no alcohol. DJing for drunk people is not hard. Headlining DJ's get all the credit and opening DJ's do all the hard work (entertaining a smaller, less drunk crowd while not stepping on the toes of the main DJ).
RogerRabbit 9:17 PM - 17 January, 2011
Quote:
RogerRabbit. You must understand their are levels in DJ'ing the same as everything else. I go to the gym and practise boxing five times a week, I doubt Ill be getting into the ring with Money Mayweather anytime soon though. I also play poker a lot but I wouldn't fancy myself heads up against Phil Hellmuth in a heads up. Just the same as the levels of DJ'ing. How many DJ's on this forum do you think you are better than.

How you gonna come a sport like boxing with is physical attributes and poker playing its intellectual attributes to djing which is primarily mechanical... Ofcourse there are different levels of djing..

My question is what makes you think a celebrity with greater access to resources than the common folk can't be taught to be a excellent dj in a short period of time...say 3-4 months - 6 at tops.

Another thing is why do some of YOU cats think that djing should be restricted to a people who weren't born with a silver spoon in there mouth....

To be technical (yes I am going their)... djing was STARTED with a certain group and now everyone is claiming it as their OWN... The culture is now UNIVERSAL.. So who are YOU (and the rest of the fools hating on this dude) to dictate who should or shouldn't be a dj..

And as matter YOU should be asking ME is it's OK if you touch some tables...YEAH!
Dj-M.Bezzle 9:23 PM - 17 January, 2011
Quote:

My question is what makes you think a celebrity with greater access to resources than the common folk can't be taught to be a excellent dj in a short period of time...say 3-4 months - 6 at tops.

you cant teach experience
Dj-M.Bezzle 9:25 PM - 17 January, 2011
Quote:

How you gonna come a sport like boxing with is physical attributes and poker playing its intellectual attributes to djing which is primarily mechanical... Ofcourse there are different levels of djing..
'

If you dont realise there is a high level of physical and mental work that goes into rocking a crowd i would hate to come to one of your gigs
DJ Alkemy 9:47 PM - 17 January, 2011
Quote:

That should let every know where your at. Are you serious?
RogerRabbit 9:54 PM - 17 January, 2011
Quote:
Quote:

That should let every know where your at. Are you serious?

What not to be serious about? Are you saying it gonna take a longer time or shorter time?
Dj-M.Bezzle 9:55 PM - 17 January, 2011
wow
DJ Alkemy 10:15 PM - 17 January, 2011
Im not even gonna bother answering that. sigh.
RogerRabbit 10:26 PM - 17 January, 2011
Quote:

You don't have to - you're slower than I thought..
DJ Alkemy 10:32 PM - 17 January, 2011
Quote:
Quote:

You don't have to - you're slower than I thought..

Mmmmmm. Good one.
djticonyc 11:02 PM - 17 January, 2011
Some people pick up stuff differently. Some people can play a sport and be good at it right away while others it will take a long time & hard work to be good.
DJ Alkemy 11:18 PM - 17 January, 2011
Quote:
Some people pick up stuff differently. Some people can play a sport and be good at it right away while others it will take a long time & hard work to be good.

True. And some people just plain suck no matter how much they try. To think that their is an automatic time frame to become capable of ROCKING the decks is beyond stupid.
RogerRabbit 11:32 PM - 17 January, 2011
Quote:
Quote:

True. And some people just plain suck no matter how much they try. To think that their is an automatic time frame to become capable of ROCKING the decks is beyond stupid.

Quote:

I made bold text and underlined it for ya - you seem to be lost in translation here....

Money to PAY someone teach them and nothing but lots of time on their hands...
ta2423 11:32 PM - 17 January, 2011
Quote:
Quote:

LOL, I was going to argue that. After thinking you are right. You can practice for 10 years and still suck.
ta2423 11:34 PM - 17 January, 2011
add ^you just may be a little better at sucking.
DouggyFresh 11:44 PM - 17 January, 2011
Quote:

LOL, I was going to argue that. After thinking you are right. You can practice for 10 years and still suck.

You can do gigs for 10 years and still suck too. I've seen it with my own eyes, after hearing how 'great' such and such DJ is, and then just watch him slam track to track.
DJ Alkemy 12:04 AM - 18 January, 2011
Quote:
I made bold text and underlined it for ya - you seem to be lost in translation here....

It dont matter how much you pay someone or how much time you got on your hands. If your ability takes you as far as you can go then there is nothing you can do about it. You are basically saying that people with money have the ability to learn skills to a greater level than people with less money. Get real.
tehBEN 12:05 AM - 18 January, 2011
Attempting to give a shit about whats wrong with the picture...

no shit given[[]--------------------------------------------------]2shitsgiven

ERROR: No shit could be given.
DouggyFresh 12:21 AM - 18 January, 2011
DJing is a form of art & creativity. You can teach someone to paint but it takes more than that to paint the Mona Lisa. Some people have that, you can try and teach "this is what you do when..." but in reality, if what you need to do at a particular moment should naturally from within your creative mind, not taught by someone else. For a DJ the most important thing to learn is your music, the mood/energy it generates, and the current state of the crowd (and more importantly where you want them to be).

All the formal training, DVS systems and auto sync in the world can't reproduce that creativity that talented DJ's have.
RogerRabbit 1:18 AM - 18 January, 2011
Quote:
Quote:

It dont matter how much you pay someone or how much time you got on your hands. If your ability takes you as far as you can go then there is nothing you can do about it. You are basically saying that people with money have the ability to learn skills to a greater level than people with less money. Get real.

Damm I was just throwing words out the with the damm mofo.... really got to prove me right..
Quote:
You are basically saying that people with money have the ability to learn skills to a greater level than people with less money.

^^^ Are you telling me that THIS is what you extracted from what I was trying to convey..

Let's me break it down again.... THE AVERAGE person will learn something faster they had someone TEACH them a skill, then to trying learning it themselves..

X = Time
x + 1 > x

A person possession of (x+1) has more advantage than the person who only has X to complete the same task.

Quote:
DJing is a form of art & creativity. You can teach someone to paint but it takes more than that to paint the Mona Lisa. Some people have that, you can try and teach "this is what you do when..." but in reality, if what you need to do at a particular moment should naturally from within your creative mind, not taught by someone else. For a DJ the most important thing to learn is your music, the mood/energy it generates, and the current state of the crowd (and more importantly where you want them to be).

All the formal training, DVS systems and auto sync in the world can't reproduce that creativity that talented DJ's have.

True.. But in 2011 well have less individuality and more of a sea of clones.
DJ Alkemy 1:41 AM - 18 January, 2011
Quote:
Let's me break it down again.... THE AVERAGE person will learn something faster they had someone TEACH them a skill, then to trying learning it themselves..

X = Time
x + 1 > x

A person possession of (x+1) has more advantage than the person who only has X to complete the same task.

The biggest load of rambling BS I have ever read. Stop coming up with absurd ways of trying to get a shit point across. Listen, if someone is naturally talented at something then you can practise for as long as you like, with or without a mentor, but it will not be enough to be better than them. If you cant just admit you are talking out of your arse then what is the point of this discussion.
RogerRabbit 2:26 AM - 18 January, 2011
Quote:

Quote:
Quote:

X = Time
x + 1 > x

The biggest load of rambling BS I have ever read. Stop coming up with absurd ways of trying to get a shit point across. Listen, if someone is naturally talented at something then you can practise for as long as you like, with or without a mentor, but it will not be enough to be better than them. If you cant just admit you are talking out of your arse then what is the point of this discussion.

Apparently READING is NOT one of your strong suit - Don't blame with if you have problems with simple comprehension... WHERE in this conversation were talking about natural talent versus a taught skill....

OFCOURSE NATURAL TALENT TRUMPS A LEARNT SKILL - but that's NOT WHAT WE WERE DISCUSSING..

This is what I asked...

Quote:

One last time - let's forget about nick for a minute...

Two simple concepts:
1.) You or anyone one this forum would have reached their potential quicker under a competent dj tutor..
2. Anyone with more time to practice[sport,djing,raping,singing] - will become better in the thing they are practicing... Than if they had less time to practice!
jwagner 2:50 AM - 18 January, 2011
Quote:
raping
DJ Alkemy 2:56 AM - 18 January, 2011
Whatever. You are too stupid to keep my attention much longer. Whatever way you try to wriggle out of this with aint working. If you think celebritys are gonna be excellent DJ's in 3-4 months, or 6 at tops then you need to re-evaluate what you class as being an ecellent DJ. And stop getting pissy because you are making yourself look a tool for all to see.
DJJOHNNYM_vSL3 2:58 AM - 18 January, 2011
RR is on fiyah.

Generally speaking, today's "DJ's" are "learning" quicker than ever. That's just a fact. There are too many DVD's, Youtube Vids, and things that make it "easy" to DJ, (i.e. skippless records, relative mode, transitional bpm records, effects, bpms, automix, and a host of other things that "help" the DJ of today.

Nobody learns on "straight wax" anymore. Nobody.

So, now EVERYONE that wants to be a DJ can basically "learn" it MUCH quicker than if they had to learn the "Old School" way.

Now, throw in someone that's willing to "TEACH" you on TOP of all of those other "freebies", and you can safely assume (if they honestly practice), that they can pretty decent in a short time span.

Especially if they have NOTHING ELSE BETTER TO DO with their time.
DJJOHNNYM_vSL3 3:01 AM - 18 January, 2011
I've seen kids that can do quadruple click flare thingys to DEATH, but can't backspin back and forth between 2 turntables.

The art of LEARNING to DJ used to be based on a set of Fundamentals that you HAD to master before moving to the next step.

Today's technology, completely obliterates that.
jwagner 3:08 AM - 18 January, 2011
Quote:

I did. 3 years ago I learned on vinyl for the 1st year of djing and only bought serato after that. I'm glad I did too. If I started with serato I'd probably be using the waves to match beats instead of by ear.
RogerRabbit 3:09 AM - 18 January, 2011
Quote:
RR is on fiyah.

Generally speaking, today's "DJ's" are "learning" quicker than ever. That's just a fact. There are too many DVD's, Youtube Vids, and things that make it "easy" to DJ, (i.e. skippless records, relative mode, transitional bpm records, effects, bpms, automix, and a host of other things that "help" the DJ of today.

So, now EVERYONE that wants to be a DJ can basically "learn" it MUCH quicker than if they had to learn the "Old School" way.

Now, throw in someone that's willing to "TEACH" you on TOP of all of those other "freebies", and you can safely assume (if they honestly practice), that they can pretty decent in a short time span.

In the words of JohnnyM (aka JohnnyM Cochran)

Co-Sign!
RogerRabbit 3:12 AM - 18 January, 2011
Quote:
Whatever. You are too stupid to keep my attention much longer. Whatever way you try to wriggle out of this with aint working. If you think celebritys are gonna be excellent DJ's in 3-4 months, or 6 at tops then you need to re-evaluate what you class as being an ecellent DJ. And stop getting pissy because you are making yourself look a tool for all to see.

I am not getting pissy - I am not even remotely upset.. I just think I am right but you are wrong.. And you KNOW I am right - but you don't have the balls to admit it...
DJJOHNNYM_vSL3 3:14 AM - 18 January, 2011
Quote:
If I started with serato I'd probably be using the waves to match beats instead of by ear.

Exactly.

And don't get it twisted, there are some cats on here who ONLY used the "waveforms" to "Learn", and are pretty good...

No headphones either.

I had no idea they were a "Wavie".

The only way I discovered it was that I heard them try to mix classics that had "Live Drummers", and the gig was up.

They have since started mixing using their "ears", but again, with today's technology, "anybody" can get "decent" with practice, and today's "simple" songs.
got2b Ru 3:22 AM - 18 January, 2011
Quote:
RR is on fiyah.

CO-SIGN!
DJ Alkemy 3:54 AM - 18 January, 2011
Quote:
I am not getting pissy - I am not even remotely upset.. I just think I am right but you are wrong.. And you KNOW I am right - but you don't have the balls to admit it...

"My question is what makes you think a celebrity with greater access to resources than the common folk can't be taught to be a excellent dj in a short period of time...say 3-4 months - 6 at tops"

Yeah, I agree with that statement. And some people agreeing with that idiot. SMH
got2b Ru 3:59 AM - 18 January, 2011
once again the debate between the ART of DJing and the PROFESSION of DJing returns. There is a saying in my profession (auto technician) - You can't BUY experience but you damn sure gotta PAY for it. Same goes for DJing and paying for it can accelerate your progress. However if you have NO sense of rhythm and timing, NO amount of training will help you. The average listener will almost NEVER scrutinize a DJ beyond the point of: is he playing what makes me dance. US DJs are the ones that get caught up in the technical aspects of a performance.

Pauly D can rock a crowd and I ain't mad at him for that. He is using his marketability to get by and it works. More power to him but as a DJ, I know he has absolutely NO rhythm and relies on drops and fx transitions to mask it. In my absence from the game for 15+ years, I have learned to tune the DJ in me out and just have a good time as most party-goers that aren't even DJs do. Nick Hogan WILL rock crowds. Get used to it. The ART of DJing has been on the decline since the introduction of the DAT in late 80s early 90s when DJs started disappearing from hip hop acts and shows.
got2b Ru 4:02 AM - 18 January, 2011
the PROFESSION of DJing will ALWAYS be about the dollar and NOT talent
jwagner 4:15 AM - 18 January, 2011
Quote:
Quote:

"My question is what makes you think a celebrity with greater access to resources than the common folk can't be taught to be a excellent dj in a short period of time...say 3-4 months - 6 at tops"

Yeah, I agree with that statement. And some people agreeing with that idiot. SMH

And some people will never get good. It's not their fault. They just have no ear for music. Pauly Ds been at it for well over a decade and has still to this day has the talent of someone in their first few months of djing.
RogerRabbit 4:33 AM - 18 January, 2011
Quote:
Quote:

Since it's HIS HOLIDAY today - let me conclude our debate by quoting:

"Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity." — Martin Luther King Jr.
DJ Alkemy 4:37 AM - 18 January, 2011
Quote:
Quote:

Quote:

"Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity." — Martin Luther King Jr.

Again, Ill quote the worst thing I have read on these forums today.

That is laughable.
RogerRabbit 4:50 AM - 18 January, 2011
Quote:
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

That is laughable.

I am can't help you anymore kid... The only thing I can suggest is some weed! Take about 5 pulls then read it again... You might be able to understand then... If you still don't understand take a few more pulls.. then read again. Ok..

Good luck!
DJ Alkemy 5:04 AM - 18 January, 2011

Its all there.
ta2423 5:20 AM - 18 January, 2011
"YAWN" wtf does it have to do with the picture above and rocking some tables.
Grand mix master dmc can teach you the basics for 2 years straight, all the lazy asses will still have to practice nonstop to rock the tables. Once you catch what seperates you from the rest continue to practice making you better and more unique.
The peeps that put in the hard work and practice will always stand out. No piece of shit technology will take that hard work away. You are a marked mark if you autosync auto scratch etc w/o taking the time to actually learn it. I dont care if the speakers are shitting out golden music notes... Its all crap if you are using the easy way out. Hey lets just say fuck turntables and throw a premade mix cd in and push play. When it comes down to it thats all a marked mark is worth.
O.B.1 5:30 AM - 18 January, 2011
lol@the speakers are shitting out golden musical notes...
^^^This made me laugh, and I agree with you.

It was mentioned earlier in this thread that "you can't buy experience"
Dj-M.Bezzle 8:06 AM - 18 January, 2011
Quote:
RR is on fiyah.

johnny i agree with what YOU are saying, but i think you came into the convo after the point changed, yes i agree that someone can lear to DJ quicker now, but my original point was there IS a difference between knowing how to DJ and going through the motions and knowing how ROCK THE DECKS

Quote:
Quote:

Quote:

Damm I was just throwing words out the with the damm mofo.... really got to prove me right..
Quote:

You are basically saying that people with money have the ability to learn skills to a greater level than people with less money.

^^^ Are you telling me that THIS is what you extracted from what I was trying to convey..

X = Time
x + 1 > x

Quote:

True.. But in 2011 well have less individuality and more of a sea of clones.

and you know why we have a sea of clones in 2011? because in 2011 its easy to learn how to DJ, to go through the motions and follow what someone else does step for step but its not easy to...ROCK THE DECKS
Dj-M.Bezzle 8:07 AM - 18 January, 2011
Quote:
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

That is laughable.

I am can't help you anymore kid... The only thing I can suggest is some weed! Take about 5 pulls then read it again... You might be able to understand then... If you still don't understand take a few more pulls.. then read again. Ok..

Good luck!

i agree with this...someone does need to be pretty fucked up for the bullshit your spewing to make a damn bit of sense
Dj-M.Bezzle 8:20 AM - 18 January, 2011
The fact is when your DJing clubs EVERY NIGHT IS DIFFERENT and the dynamics of the night are going to change nightly so no amount of money in the world can buy the experience of knowing wha to drop and when and how to present each track to get the full impact from the crowd at an given moment. On fri night with crowd A a double orbit backspin flare from one mic might KILL but the next it might BOMB, all because of who's there and how the nights going. ROCKING A PARTY isn't memorizing step for step some famous djs routine, its having enough experience and skill that almost on a sub conscience level you have the ability to call on any of the tools you've learned and apply i to the situation presented to you at any given time. One night it may be slamming between tracks and the next it might be clever wordplay and subtle clean transitions but its up to ou to know when and how to use them. You can watch all the DVDs and youtube vides in the world and have the scratch down to science but if you dont know when to apply it your not doin shit, you can pay millions to a huge name dj but if you cant recgonise the night and have the experience to know what to do with THAT crowd on THAT night your not ROCKING THE PARTY your just PLAYING MUSIC.

Will nick hogan rock partys SURE hell rock nick hogan partys where nick hogan fans want to see nick hogan, hell be a PARTY ROCKER when he can show up to a club unannounced and play in a booth where no oone can see him and still have the crowd go apeshit.

Quote:

X = Time
x + 1 > x

your math dosent even make sense because real DJS will have put in MUCH more time than hogan, the point is he DOSENT have the time in the craft, his 5 hours a day for the last 6 months dosent mean shit to the 3 hours a day for the last 10 years a average DJ has put in and it dosent = squat compared to the 8+ years of real gig time an average dj put in. By your logic all a celeb has to do is drop a mil and practice for 1 year all day with a pro and they can be a starting NFL quarterback or pro starter baseball player but the reality is those guys have been doing this their whole lives they have the experience to know when to call an audable or throw an inside fastball,thats WHY their better thats why their pros and thats why they ROCK THEIR PARTYS
Hey-B 1:36 PM - 18 January, 2011
For somebody to assume that these people are good or bad DJs is ignorant unless they've seen them spin in person. I kind of want to side with the people saying they're probably shitty (and in fact they probably are) but who are we to judge by just seeing them on a couple youtube videos? These kids could have had the hidden talent and the super genes to pull off the best set anybody has heard.

On the other hand- they're idiots... soooooooo....
Dj-M.Bezzle 2:27 PM - 18 January, 2011
Quote:
On the other hand- they're idiots... soooooooo....

theyre idiots who make more in a gig than i do in a year at my dayjob PLUS djing....so in a way, whos the idiot lol
jbnyc 2:34 PM - 18 January, 2011
Lol^^^
_Stuart 4:48 PM - 18 January, 2011
Quote:

they must be out of shit, get someone in to fill the ASM machine up again
DJJOHNNYM_vSL3 5:07 AM - 19 January, 2011
Quote:

there IS a difference between knowing how to DJ and going through the motions and knowing how ROCK THE DECKS

Actually, in TODAY'S DJ CLIMATE? There isn't. Why?

Because people DON'T CARE anymore.

Promoters DON'T CARE.

Club owners DON'T CARE.

The ONLY people that care are OTHER DJ's, period.

Case in point, I don't "regularly" listen to today's hot hiphop garbage unless absolutely necessary...and that means I'm about to do a party that needs a good hour or so of it.

What do I do?

Go RIGHT to Hot97 and Power 105 dot com, and download the top 10 on thier playlist for that week.

I may NEVER have heard the song in my LIFE, so there is no "practice" involved with "Rocking" the song...You just drop it in.

Case in point, there was some Waka Flaka Flame record that was on the list, at say, #9, but I was skeptical, but downloaded it anyway.

Of course I get to the spot, and some party of "women" wanted to hear it.

I play it, and it's a banger (at least for them, I assumed they were hoodish), and I was instantly the Baddest man on earth to them.

I probably won't need to play that song ever again, and I can't remember the name of it to save my life.

As long as you have a decent sense of what order to play certain songs, you're in, and they will think you're Rocking The Decks.

Point blank.

The only people who would know better are seasoned DJ's.
Mr. Goodkat 6:17 AM - 19 January, 2011
Quote:
Quote:

there IS a difference between knowing how to DJ and going through the motions and knowing how ROCK THE DECKS

Actually, in TODAY'S DJ CLIMATE? There isn't. Why?

Because people DON'T CARE anymore.

Promoters DON'T CARE.

Club owners DON'T CARE.

The ONLY people that care are OTHER DJ's, period.

Case in point, I don't "regularly" listen to today's hot hiphop garbage unless absolutely necessary...and that means I'm about to do a party that needs a good hour or so of it.

What do I do?

Go RIGHT to Hot97 and Power 105 dot com, and download the top 10 on thier playlist for that week.

I may NEVER have heard the song in my LIFE, so there is no "practice" involved with "Rocking" the song...You just drop it in.

Case in point, there was some Waka Flaka Flame record that was on the list, at say, #9, but I was skeptical, but downloaded it anyway.

Of course I get to the spot, and some party of "women" wanted to hear it.

I play it, and it's a banger (at least for them, I assumed they were hoodish), and I was instantly the Baddest man on earth to them.

I probably won't need to play that song ever again, and I can't remember the name of it to save my life.

As long as you have a decent sense of what order to play certain songs, you're in, and they will think you're Rocking The Decks.

Point blank.

The only people who would know better are seasoned DJ's.

johnnys keepin things 1 million on this.

there is such a small %age of people that care, its probably never more than 1-10% of any crowd. of course if people go see a house dj or dnb dj or a pop club, they want to hear what is advertised, but most people are just trying to get wasted and/or laid when they go out.
jbnyc 6:42 AM - 19 January, 2011
Quote:
but most people are just trying to get wasted and/or laid when they go out.

GUILTY!! lol
DJJOHNNYM_vSL3 12:10 PM - 19 January, 2011
Quote:
there is such a small %age of people that care, its probably never more than 1-10% of any crowd.

Think about it.

Out of 100 people that say, go to a mixed format club, how many of those "Patrons" are DJ's?

Girls make up about 60% of the club (hopefully), so you have 40% left of males. Out of those 40 males, how many are actually DJ's?

Here we are ALL DJ's, so our combined views are skewed, but if this was an "Open Format" messageboard, how many of the members would be DJ's, who'd want to talk about what we talk about, rather than sports, chicks, cars, getting smashed, oh, and did I say chicks?

Yeah, we DO talk about those subjects, but the main focus is DJ oriented.

You have to step out of the box, and look at the world as a regular "user" sometimes.
got2b Ru 12:40 PM - 19 January, 2011
Quote:

What do I do?

Go RIGHT to Hot97 and Power 105 dot com, and download the top 10 on their playlist for that week.

SOOOOO TRUE!!! of course I gotta hit 103Jamz playlist as well for 7 cities stuff too. The fact is the current "hip-Hop" generation really could care LESS if you blend in the song or just drop it in, they just wanna hear their song the way THEY know it so they can sing along. That doesn't take much skill or artistry, its a job at that point and the people you are playing for(that aren't other DJs) will SWEAR you did it well
Dj-M.Bezzle 1:35 PM - 19 January, 2011
Quote:

Out of 100 people that say, go to a mixed format club, how many of those "Patrons" are DJ's?

Girls make up about 60% of the club (hopefully), so you have 40% left of males. Out of those 40 males, how many are actually DJ's?

In TODAYS CLIMATE...out of those 40 males you have 40 DJs 7 promoters 20 rappers and 4 amateur porn directors
Doctorjon 2:52 PM - 19 January, 2011
Lol i would say maybe 5-10 real djs and 30 wanna be djs with virtual dj.
Dj-M.Bezzle 2:56 PM - 19 January, 2011
Quote:

if you want to break it down further your probably correct
Doctorjon 4:29 PM - 19 January, 2011
Lol yeah. Your pretty on point with the porn directors. Scouting away ahahah
jbnyc 8:27 PM - 19 January, 2011
Quote:

Dont even remind me...this sat someone approached me and pointed at my 1200's and said.."you still use those things? I got rid of mines a long time ago,cause i switch to virtual dj" lol i look at him and had like 20 answers for him and just said "cool!" And started scratching the shit out of my sa-ras lol
Dj-M.Bezzle 8:39 PM - 19 January, 2011
Quote:
Quote:

Dont even remind me...this sat someone approached me and pointed at my 1200's and said.."you still use those things? I got rid of mines a long time ago,cause i switch to virtual dj" lol i look at him and had like 20 answers for him and just said "cool!" And started scratching the shit out of my sa-ras lol

i HATE i when this happens like its a 50 50 shot, half the crowd thinks your awsome for using vinyl but the other half cant grasp why your using it and trys to down it and i find i dont have any GOOD answer that they would understand its just my choice of what i want i enjoy it more with vinyl
jwagner 3:29 AM - 20 January, 2011
This virtual dj came up to me the other night asked me where the sync button was on my serato and was bewildered when I said there wasn't was. And was even more so when I told him I matched up the songs by ear.
Doctorjon 5:05 AM - 20 January, 2011
Quote:
This virtual dj came up to me the other night asked me where the sync button was on my serato and was bewildered when I said there wasn't was. And was even more so when I told him I matched up the songs by ear.

^^
This is pretty hilarious.
kryptonitednb 5:14 AM - 20 January, 2011
This forum is so full of haters sometimes it's unreal.

Anyone in this thread that has LOST A GIG because Nick Hogan was picked bc of his celebrity status instead of you may have a legitimate beef. With that said, you would do exactly the same thing if you were in his shoes. Good for him that he is at least taking the time to hang out with and learn from some respected djs in Cali and not just dialing it in. I think it's cool that he has a real interest in djing in general and the craft (plus it doesn't hurt that he is a Serato CV junkie like many of us). I get so sick of a dude in North Dakota (just using any state as an example) saying, "OMG LIKE WTF A PAULY D OR NICK HOGAN IS TAKING OUR JOBZ!!"

Let's say for shits and giggles there are 100 celebrity djs. How many djs do you think there are in the US? THOUSANDS. Let's say 10,000 djs working on a semi regular basis (and that's probably very low). That means that that these celebrity djs are taking .1% of the total dj gigs.

Worry about improving your own skills and stepping your game up and you won't have to worry about people taking your gigs. Or are you scared that maybe Nick Hogan IS working harder than you?

P.S. :

Quote:

Hi-Tek 6:09 AM - 20 January, 2011
Quote:

which category do you fall in? That's ok, you don't have to answer.
Hi-Tek 6:13 AM - 20 January, 2011
Quote:
This forum is so full of haters sometimes it's unreal.

Anyone in this thread that has LOST A GIG because Nick Hogan was picked bc of his celebrity status instead of you may have a legitimate beef. With that said, you would do exactly the same thing if you were in his shoes. Good for him that he is at least taking the time to hang out with and learn from some respected djs in Cali and not just dialing it in. I think it's cool that he has a real interest in djing in general and the craft (plus it doesn't hurt that he is a Serato CV junkie like many of us). I get so sick of a dude in North Dakota (just using any state as an example) saying, "OMG LIKE WTF A PAULY D OR NICK HOGAN IS TAKING OUR JOBZ!!"

Let's say for shits and giggles there are 100 celebrity djs. How many djs do you think there are in the US? THOUSANDS. Let's say 10,000 djs working on a semi regular basis (and that's probably very low). That means that that these celebrity djs are taking .1% of the total dj gigs.

Worry about improving your own skills and stepping your game up and you won't have to worry about people taking your gigs. Or are you scared that maybe Nick Hogan IS working harder than you?

P.S. :

Quote:

amen krypt!
Doctorjon 6:23 AM - 20 January, 2011
Quote:
Quote:

?? if you would read the whole thread i posted up there and didn't have anything bad to say about Nick Hogan.
jbnyc 10:49 PM - 20 January, 2011
Quote:
Quote:

Quote:

?? if you would read the whole thread i posted up there and didn't have anything bad to say about Nick Hogan.

same here!

WE LOVE YOU NICK HOGAN!! lol
Dj-M.Bezzle 10:51 PM - 20 January, 2011
FIGHTING......URGE...TO MISQUOTE....MUST.......BEHAVE LIKE.....ADULT
jbnyc 11:02 PM - 20 January, 2011
Quote:

hahahhahhaahah
anthracite98 1:55 AM - 21 January, 2011
Quote:

now we wouldn't want you feeling censored... go ahead and let it loose [nm]
kryptonitednb 6:13 AM - 21 January, 2011
Quote:

Feel free.
Henry GQ 2:36 AM - 5 February, 2011
this dude djing is like hulk hogan rapping...

Watchwww.youtube.com
Henry GQ 2:37 AM - 5 February, 2011
and we all know rick flair is the GOAT

WHOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!
dj wreck down 8:10 PM - 12 February, 2011
Quote:

A few pictures along.... a3.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net
jbnyc 8:59 PM - 12 February, 2011
I would like to see a video,a picture says nothing!
DJ Alkemy 9:07 PM - 12 February, 2011
WHO CARES!!!

Like someone said in an earlier post, long after Nick Hogan has given up DJ'ing, the real DJ's will still be here. This is getting boring now.
Doctorjon 9:40 PM - 12 February, 2011
Yeah, at least he isn't sitting there using CDJS and pre-recorded cds and knob-twisting and pretending to mix tracks lol milli vanilli
Doctorjon 9:41 PM - 12 February, 2011
Well i meant standing there lol you get my point.
jbnyc 12:42 AM - 13 February, 2011
Quote:
WHO CARES!!!

Like someone said in an earlier post, long after Nick Hogan has given up DJ'ing, the real DJ's will still be here. This is getting boring now.

i dont care, im just curious.. (nm) who knows maybe he is good..
DJ Alkemy 1:22 AM - 13 February, 2011
Quote:
Quote:

WHO CARES!!!

i dont care, im just curious.. (nm) who knows maybe he is good..

Nah, he aint lol
jbnyc 1:33 AM - 13 February, 2011
Hahahaha have you seen him rocking the 1 & 2's?
Henry GQ 1:41 AM - 13 February, 2011
just another douchebag wanna be dj.
DJ Alkemy 1:51 AM - 13 February, 2011
Quote:
Hahahaha have you seen him rocking the 1 & 2's?

I seen about 1 minute of a video and it sucked. Im getting bored of all these guys now and I think we should all just blank them for our own sanitys sake. Unless we are of a certain stature and decide to call them out like DJ P did to Pauly D then all these threads are doing absolutely nothing to help and just wastes our own time.
wrosenbl12 7:03 PM - 13 February, 2011
K i'm probably the only person here who has seen him spin and actually hung out with him.

First, Nick is far from a douchebag. The guy is really personable, nice, and genuine. The first time he came to our town and I met him he just straight up started talking to me like we had been friends for years. We probably talked for a max of a few minutes but I saw him a month later and the cat actually remembered my name and made an effort to say whats up. Later that first night I met him...we were hanging out at an after party and I swear to god Nick was talking to one of the lesser attractive chicks at that party. He was straight up having a conversation with this chick while everybody else was partying and working on getting laid.

Second, his mixing could be better. Is it up to the standards of most ppl on this forum? Probably not. With that being said he hasn't been djing very long at all. In fact he's actually pretty good considering he's been at this for a very short while.

I can't hate on his hustle...nor should anybody else hate for what other ppl are willing to pay to bring him to their club. Each one of us would do the same thing if we had an opportunity. The guy is really eager to learn about DJing too. He straight up asks for advice on how he can be a better DJ and I'm positive that this guy would still be djing regardless of his celebrity status.
Doctorjon 7:08 PM - 13 February, 2011
Quote:
K i'm probably the only person here who has seen him spin and actually hung out with him.

First, Nick is far from a douchebag. The guy is really personable, nice, and genuine. The first time he came to our town and I met him he just straight up started talking to me like we had been friends for years. We probably talked for a max of a few minutes but I saw him a month later and the cat actually remembered my name and made an effort to say whats up. Later that first night I met him...we were hanging out at an after party and I swear to god Nick was talking to one of the lesser attractive chicks at that party. He was straight up having a conversation with this chick while everybody else was partying and working on getting laid.

Second, his mixing could be better. Is it up to the standards of most ppl on this forum? Probably not. With that being said he hasn't been djing very long at all. In fact he's actually pretty good considering he's been at this for a very short while.

I can't hate on his hustle...nor should anybody else hate for what other ppl are willing to pay to bring him to their club. Each one of us would do the same thing if we had an opportunity. The guy is really eager to learn about DJing too. He straight up asks for advice on how he can be a better DJ and I'm positive that this guy would still be djing regardless of his celebrity status.

OoOoO personable lol.
Mr. Goodkat 2:50 AM - 14 February, 2011
i liike when people say 'celebrities' are nice. most everyone is nice, is there a general consensus that celebs(minor minor minor celebs in this case) are some kinda assholes?
jwagner 2:52 AM - 14 February, 2011
Quote:
i liike when people say 'celebrities' are nice. most everyone is nice, is there a general consensus that celebs(minor minor minor celebs in this case) are some kinda assholes?

+1
DJ Alkemy 3:34 AM - 14 February, 2011
/ thread for christs sake.
wrosenbl12 6:01 AM - 14 February, 2011
Quote:
/ thread for christs sake.

word.