DJing Discussion

This area is for discussion about DJing in general. Please remember the community rules when posting and try to be polite and inclusive.

Slipmats

D-knuckles 7:57 AM - 17 May, 2007
I've seen pictures of a lot of DJ's on the west coast using these really thick slipmats with white edges. Anyone have any idea what kind they are?
allenbina 8:45 AM - 17 May, 2007
the white edge is wax paper thats put between the platter and the slipmat which is supposed to cause less friction. i know tablecloths, and i think a couple other brands come with similar materials which make the slipmat that much slipperier. the thickness is our dicks.
sixxx 9:22 AM - 17 May, 2007
"the thickness is our dicks" hahahaha

I use butterrugs underneath my Technics slipmats. It gives them just the right amount of slip.
Nicky Blunt 9:36 AM - 17 May, 2007
Quote:
"the thickness is our dicks" hahahaha

I use butterrugs underneath my Technics slipmats. It gives them just the right amount of slip.

i do the same thing!

I also heard about another kind called flying carpets but i havent ever seen them.

Anyone ever used these flying carpets?
javlingames 11:47 AM - 17 May, 2007
what are butterrugs?
Nicky Blunt 11:49 AM - 17 May, 2007
www.topdjgear.com

dope but take a lil while to get used to on their own hence i use my other slipmatts on top
J0be 1:45 PM - 17 May, 2007
Flying carpets are slightly cheaper than butterrugs, and not ass good, I'd stick with what you've got.
skratchnerd 5:14 AM - 18 May, 2007
Flying carpets are just plastic sheets to put UNDER your slipmats/butterugs.

My fav: Tablecloths
D-knuckles 7:58 AM - 18 May, 2007
I know what the wax paper and flying carpets look like. These are just slipmats. They almost look like two slipmats one on top of the other, but they're just really thick. I've been seeing more and more people using them.
J0be 9:05 AM - 18 May, 2007
Quote:

My fav: Tablecloths

Tablecloths under slipmats or just tablecloths?
john blaze 3:40 PM - 18 May, 2007
butterugs all day
djqt 3:43 PM - 18 May, 2007
i just use what came wit my MK5s and everythings chill
Dj KaGeN 4:09 PM - 18 May, 2007
Nicky Blunt 8:53 AM - 21 May, 2007
thanks KaGeN Im on the case with those now!

Thats a wicked link!

Now all i need are some see thru control records!
J0be 9:25 AM - 21 May, 2007
WOW!! Thats the coolest link ever. Thanks Kagen , your slipmats look hot by the way. I'm ordering mine TODAY!!
cheeba (the believer) 5:33 PM - 21 May, 2007
my thoughts on it....

www.hijackbristol.co.uk

if you juggle or scratch the right slipmats matter!!!!!!!!!
dj disturbed 6:36 PM - 21 May, 2007
the slikmats are nice..... here is mine that i got like 4 years ago (this is from there web stie) www.slikmats.com
still looks practicaly new with only a small amunt of wear on the design around the center... they are slicker then the normal matts... but i use butter rugs most of the time now when i spin hip-hop and use the slikmats for EDM