DJing Discussion

This area is for discussion about DJing in general. Please remember the community rules when posting and try to be polite and inclusive.

Who really wants a product from people who condone racism

dj hoodat baller 3:02 PM - 15 May, 2007
The people at serato needs to watch out if these threads gets out it could ruin them and every thing they are striving for. Rane and serato are big companys and they do not need some one like me to write Al Sharpton or Jesse Jackson. They at sreato need to think about what they are subjecting people to and they do have a responsibility to obtain a certain level of morality. Stuff like this can cause class action law suits. Serato you are going to let these little racist pigs make your pockets take a big hit because i am offended and a hole lot of other people are to. It is like buying a product form a company that ueses child labor or aparthied products.Rane and Serato you bare alot of responsibility for this crap the theards need to be locked and locked now. And people like steve dub and these other jerks need to be band for life Rane don't let these jerks write a check your ass can't cash. When i get home i am going to write an offical letter to Rane and Serato and other people to get this crap stoped. DJ GRAND T
FlexyD 3:04 PM - 15 May, 2007
Most of those threads have been locked
dj cubicle 3:05 PM - 15 May, 2007
Just make sure you use spell check before you print that letter off.
dj hoodat baller 3:08 PM - 15 May, 2007
cube later for the jokes i am not playing right now this is real
dj cubicle 3:12 PM - 15 May, 2007
No, this is not real. It's the damn Internet. The mods locked all the threads they saw, and I bet if you STFU, all the twelve year olds would forget it even happened.

But, if you really want to grind this axe, send your letter.
dj hoodat baller 3:17 PM - 15 May, 2007
Rane and Serato you see how people respond you have a moral obligation to this matter. i hope you know what kind of problems jerks like dj cubicle and others are causing for you
djaction 3:20 PM - 15 May, 2007
NEWS @ 11: SERATO DJ SOFTWARE IS RACIST. SERATO BOX ONLY COMES IN BLACK COLOR.
Nicky Blunt 3:20 PM - 15 May, 2007
ohhh pluuuuuuuuuuuuuuease!

Man have you not gotten anything better to do?

I mean I understand how you sould get upset by this but man! You need a thicker skin!

I personally dont like it either but sending a letter to the guys at serato? what do you think that will achieve?
DJJOHNNYM 3:21 PM - 15 May, 2007
LMAO! DJ Grand T, you are BUGGIN! lmao. The way you deal with the likes of Steve_Dub is that you FLIP IT. He's the type of dude who would NEVER go to some Ghetto Lookin' Black dudes, and ask them about their Monte' Carlos. You just have to expose that weakness, and then present an example of how IGNORANT a statement of his IS by giving him a dose of his own medicine. I don't think he's racist, but just IGNORANT of certain things. That's why I made mention of Racial Insensitivity. He don't know no better....BUT NOW HE DOES.
DJryantheHUGE 3:22 PM - 15 May, 2007
You should also boycott the whole DJ industry, since serato is the #1 software in the industry.

And you should boycott the software industry, as well as the electronics industry, since they support serato by making their products.

And you should boycott the food industry, since the workers at the software and electronics companies eat food.

And they drink water, so you better send evion a letter.

And they rent or own houses, so all the real estate companies should come under fire for supporting racism.

And you should boycott air, since air gets in people's lungs and can sometimes come out in the form of racist words.

OR you could hold individuals responsible for what they say and do, and stop using threats and fear to get companies to control people's thoughts. As long as people have freedom, there will be some who will express an opinion that you don't like. It's one of the costs of freedom. If we aren't willing to pay the price of freedom, then why have it?

Just sayin - I don't like racism either, but using fear and threats against a company because some user on their forum typed some words that ruffled your feathers is pretty damned silly. Give credit where credit is due, I'm sure you'd want that same consideration from others.
DJJOHNNYM 3:23 PM - 15 May, 2007
Quote:
No, this is not real. It's the damn Internet.

Unfortunately dude, the internet is VERY REAL. There are real incidents, murders, rapes, insurgencies, hate crimes, and all types of bullshit that are perpetuated by the internet. Not saying anybody should really form a boycott or anything, but make no mistake, people can catch a hot one from the internet.
djaction 3:23 PM - 15 May, 2007
For real though.. water *IS* kind of racist. I mean think about it.. WA-TER ? I MEAN THINK ABOUT IT.
djaction 3:25 PM - 15 May, 2007
I bet you guys didn't even know that theres a secret backdoor WHITE PEOPLE login for the serato forums..
DJryantheHUGE 3:25 PM - 15 May, 2007
Quote:
For real though.. water *IS* kind of racist. I mean think about it.. WA-TER ? I MEAN THINK ABOUT IT.

I KNOW! And how come we only want water that is CLEAR and we consider brown water undrinkable? Damn frenchies!!
dj cubicle 3:26 PM - 15 May, 2007
JOHNNYM, I agree that it CAN be real. I think that's an entirely different philosophical discussion to have though. It's only real if you let it become real.
DJJOHNNYM 3:41 PM - 15 May, 2007
Quote:
JOHNNYM, I agree that it CAN be real. I think that's an entirely different philosophical discussion to have though. It's only real if you let it become real.
See, the problem is that some people can't separate cyberlife from "Real Real" life...

Then on the FLIP, where else can you have a medium to express your point to an unknown audience.

I guarantee you, that SOMEBODY LEARNED SOMETHING POSITIVE out of all this. And that is how you make change.

There are probably a lot of pissed off, or huffy folks that say, suck it up, but most times, they aren't on the receiving end.

I'm your favorite Devil's Advocate.
dj cubicle 3:42 PM - 15 May, 2007
...and then there's that damn Surreal Life that keeps haunting us. ;-)
dj hoodat baller 3:42 PM - 15 May, 2007
No it is real and if the people at Scratch live got a hold of some of this stuff they would use it to there advantage. I have to go and make my living for me and my family now but i am going to write a bunch of letters this evening when i get home.
dj cubicle 3:45 PM - 15 May, 2007
Okay, well, your tunnel vision of hatred towards me may have caused you to miss it, but 6 or 7 other people told you to relax as well. Might be time for a reality check.
DJJOHNNYM 3:50 PM - 15 May, 2007
Quote:
Okay, well, your tunnel vision of hatred towards me may have caused you to miss it, but 6 or 7 other people told you to relax as well. Might be time for a reality check.

Just because 6 or 7 people don't agree with his opinion does not necessarily mean it's time for him to "relax". Those 6 or 7 people may not believe in the same set of "rules" he does. Majority opinion, for the most part, does not necessarily reflect the best course of action. Most times, it's the radical person who opens your eyes.
Rev. Jesse Jackson 3:52 PM - 15 May, 2007
Today's DJ's can put dope in their veins or hope in their brains. If they can conceive it and believe it, they can achieve it. They must know it is not their Dell Laptopitude, but their attitude, that will determine their altitude. Do not crush it in the mix if you are in need of a quick fix.
De LA 3:55 PM - 15 May, 2007
Quote:
Today's DJ's can put dope in their veins or hope in their brains. If they can conceive it and believe it, they can achieve it. They must know it is not their Dell Laptopitude, but their attitude, that will determine their altitude. Do not crush it in the mix if you are in need of a quick fix.

LOL!!!! wow, taking things a little far this week are we guys?!
DeezNotes 3:55 PM - 15 May, 2007
Quote:

LOL
DJJOHNNYM 3:55 PM - 15 May, 2007
Quote:

I am soo mad that this shit rhymes.
djaction 3:56 PM - 15 May, 2007
why you mad that it rhymes ?
DJryantheHUGE 3:59 PM - 15 May, 2007
Quote:
No it is real and if the people at Scratch live got a hold of some of this stuff they would use it to there advantage. I have to go and make my living for me and my family now but i am going to write a bunch of letters this evening when i get home.

Got a hold of what stuff? And what "advantage" would they get from it? Seriously, this makes no sense, at least I could understand your first post. Please clarify.
DJJOHNNYM 4:05 PM - 15 May, 2007
Quote:

Because I loosely associate Johnny Cochran with Jesse Jackson, and Johnny made the infamous "If it doesn't fit, you must aquit" rap lyric of all time.
Vinyl Ricci 4:05 PM - 15 May, 2007
I like the fact that some people's true colors have shown through. Puts everything in a decent perspective now. Some will more than likely have no place in the next "serato local activity."
Rev. Jesse Jackson 4:06 PM - 15 May, 2007
See, if you hit a man, in time his wounds will heal. If you steal from a man, in time you can replace what you stole. Remember, always cross in the green, never in between. 1 fish 2 fish red fish blue fish, red light green light, knick knack patty wack give the dog a bone.
djaction 4:06 PM - 15 May, 2007
Quote:
Quote:

Because I loosely associate Johnny Cochran with Jesse Jackson, and Johnny made the infamous "If it doesn't fit, you must aquit" rap lyric of all time.

I'm still in tears because that was an actuall Jesse Jackson quote [minus serato references].. google it.
Monk-A 4:08 PM - 15 May, 2007
Ok three points for you:

A: they haven't condoned racisim in anyway, infact they've locked literally every thread that contains anything remotely racist.

B: See A

C: See B
Steve_Dub 4:11 PM - 15 May, 2007
FYI the only shit I learned from this is that JohnyM is the only racist on this board for keeping this shit going as long as it did. Im glad all black people are not like him. JohnnyM isnt even full black, you know you got some white in you buddy.
DJJOHNNYM 4:15 PM - 15 May, 2007
Quote:
FYI the only shit I learned from this is that JohnyM is the only racist on this board for keeping this shit going as long as it did. Im glad all black people are not like him. JohnnyM isnt even full black, you know you got some white in you buddy.

Why am I a racist because I pointed out your IGNORANCE? You associated Ghetto Looking Dudes = Black Dudes. That's STUPID. I called it out. You got mad. You won't do it anymore. End of story. I don't hate you, actually I feel empathy for you.
Nicky Blunt 4:16 PM - 15 May, 2007
Quote:
Quote:

Why am I a racist because I pointed out your IGNORANCE? You associated Ghetto Looking Dudes = Black Dudes. That's STUPID. I called it out. You got mad. You won't do it anymore. End of story. I don't hate you, actually I feel empathy for you.

Ahhhh Can you feel the love????
djaction 4:16 PM - 15 May, 2007
To play devil's advocate.. most people in the urban ghetto aren't white... so for someone to say that ghetto looking dudes = black dudes.. isn't that far of a stretch. no?
AKIEM 4:16 PM - 15 May, 2007
Steve_Dub 4:20 PM - 15 May, 2007
NO, NO, NO, your ignorance never let you see the post for what it was, the black guys that are driving these cars look ghetto, end of fucking story.

Where the fuck did I ever say that all black people look ghetto???

Your just a mad black man and I feel sorry for you.
Vinyl Ricci 4:21 PM - 15 May, 2007
^^^ you need to just stop, broham, let it go and leave it alone, you're making yourself look even worse.
DJJOHNNYM 4:21 PM - 15 May, 2007
Quote:
To play devil's advocate.. most people in the urban ghetto aren't white... so for someone to say that ghetto looking dudes = black dudes.. isn't that far of a stretch. no?

I think that presumption is changing.

There are HORDES of white people in Trailer Parks that act "Ghetto", and with the crossover culture of today's BULLSHIT hiphop feeding into just "Youth" as a whole, and affecting kid's attitudes towards things, the WHITE kids are ACTING MORE "GHETTO", (because they think the shit is cool, and they have nothing else better to do) thus making their environment a "Ghetto". Your most middleclass average white kid is leaving the house looking like a backpacker, and putting on a SCARF or COLORS, the minute they turn the corner.
djaction 4:25 PM - 15 May, 2007
White people are like limousine trunks. Far from the ghetto =)

I think Steve Dumbs whole post wasn't that all ghetto people = black people though.. I think he was just asking why black people like monte carlo's on 22's.
DJJOHNNYM 4:25 PM - 15 May, 2007
Quote:
NO, NO, NO, your ignorance never let you see the post for what it was, the black guys that are driving these cars look ghetto, end of fucking story.

Where the fuck did I ever say that all black people look ghetto???

Your just a mad black man and I feel sorry for you.

LMAO! You did not see where I ASKED YOU if Ghetto Looking Duces = Black Dudes? DID YOU NOT RESPOND?

And no, you said those "Ghetto Looking Dudes" driving the cars, not the WEAK ASS ARGUMENT you're NOW trying to press saying that "DRIVING THOSE TYPES OF CARS MADE THEM LOOK GHETTO"...

To you, they were "Ghetto" with or without the cars, and you associated them with being BLACK. THAT'S the ISSUE.

LMAO @ you EVEN TRYING to press that...

You're just mad you're NOT BLACK, and my dick is bigger than yours....since you want to stereotype.
De LA 4:28 PM - 15 May, 2007
Quote:
See, if you hit a man, in time his wounds will heal. If you steal from a man, in time you can replace what you stole. Remember, always cross in the green, never in between. 1 fish 2 fish red fish blue fish, red light green light, knick knack patty wack give the dog a bone.

now Jesse is gonna quote Waynes Brother movies!
dj hes 4:28 PM - 15 May, 2007
I think pp are too sensitive. Have you ever played Xbox live? Now THAT is a racist community…..Im going to write a letter to Microsoft since I am so offended. I think Serato does a great job and the pp who regulate the forums are cool. Kudos to yall...!
DJJOHNNYM 4:30 PM - 15 May, 2007
Quote:

I think Steve Dumbs whole post wasn't that all ghetto people = black people though.. I think he was just asking why black people like monte carlo's on 22's.

But he said, "What's with BLACK PEOPLE AND MONTE CARLOS", and then INSIDE THE THREAD HE SAID, "all driven by some young ghetto lookin guys,".

That clearly shows his RACIAL INSENSITIVITY....

See? I didn't even CALL HIM RACIST, I said he was RACIALLY INSENSITIVE. There is a difference, and I was giving him the benefit of the doubt.
djaction 4:31 PM - 15 May, 2007
The only way to settle this is with a

DANCE OFF!!!

I mean MIX off..
Monk-A 4:34 PM - 15 May, 2007
Dance off would be better, i can't wait to see Steve dubs do the robot whilst JohnnyM pulls the running man right up in his grill
djaction 4:34 PM - 15 May, 2007
Quote:
Quote:

But he said, "What's with BLACK PEOPLE AND MONTE CARLOS", and then INSIDE THE THREAD HE SAID, "all driven by some young ghetto lookin guys,".

See? I didn't even CALL HIM RACIST, I said he was RACIALLY INSENSITIVE. There is a difference, and I was giving him the benefit of the doubt.

Monte Carlo's & black People + Young ghetto lookin guys

eh.. kind of stretching it.. not racially insensitive at all.

Nappy Headed Hoe's on the other hand.. Dipset, Young Joc, fuck it any new hip hop or ANYTHING currently airing on BET, HOT97, or POWER105.1 is CLEARLY racially insensitive..

Young Joc is doing way more damage to black people than DJ Steve Dumb.
AKIEM 4:36 PM - 15 May, 2007
Quote:

SO WHAT? let it go, its done
DJJOHNNYM 4:38 PM - 15 May, 2007
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Nappy Headed Hoe's on the other hand.. Dipset, Young Joc, fuck it any new hip hop or ANYTHING currently airing on BET, HOT97, or POWER105.1 is CLEARLY racially insensitive..

But see that is your OPNINON. I personally could be OFFENDED here because he said something RACIALLY INSENSITIVE and I took the time to respond. You know why? Because he is RIGHT HERE, in the same space I am, and I can get my message across to him. Simple. The rest of those guys, HOT 97, BET or whoever, may not HEAR my message if I HAD ONE for them, but it's also easier for me to correct 1 PERSON HERE AND NOW, vs. an entire conglomerate (sp?). Besides, Al and Jesse got that under control. I got this.
DJJOHNNYM 4:40 PM - 15 May, 2007
Quote:
Quote:

Why? To make you happy? Kick rocks. Because YOU are tired of seeing it and hearing it? Again, y'all wouldn't have the HEART to say some of this stuff in FRONT of Blacks/Minorities and go unchecked.

No internet gangstaism here, just stating the facts.
Vinyl Ricci 4:40 PM - 15 May, 2007
let's go to steve's spot in long beach, "it's a fun club located at some janky hotel in long beach"
;)
Vinyl Ricci 4:41 PM - 15 May, 2007
^^^ that was for the dance/mixoff of course.
AKIEM 4:46 PM - 15 May, 2007
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Why? To make you happy? Kick rocks. Because YOU are tired of seeing it and hearing it? Again, y'all wouldn't have the HEART to say some of this stuff in FRONT of Blacks/Minorities and go unchecked.

1. its the guidelines of the forum.
2. who cares if someone has no heart, it has nothing to do with DJing
3. youre not checking anyone unless its in person
djaction 4:46 PM - 15 May, 2007
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

But see that is your OPNINON. I personally could be OFFENDED here because he said something RACIALLY INSENSITIVE and I took the time to respond. You know why? Because he is RIGHT HERE, in the same space I am, and I can get my message across to him. Simple. The rest of those guys, HOT 97, BET or whoever, may not HEAR my message if I HAD ONE for them, but it's also easier for me to correct 1 PERSON HERE AND NOW, vs. an entire conglomerate (sp?). Besides, Al and Jesse got that under control. I got this.

And it is your opinion that his comments were racially insensitive.

P.S. Al and Jesse have been doing a GREAT job with helping to stop the garbage spewing forth from BET, Hot97, and so on.
DJJOHNNYM 4:53 PM - 15 May, 2007
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

POT MEET KETTLE.

How many threads have you participated in that had ABSOLUTELY NOTHING TO DO WITH DJ'ING?

Secondly, if someone posts something, they should expect a rebuttal if warranted. The same rights the person had to post are also extended to the person who replies.

And my ability to CHECK someone over the internet is ASTOUNDING isn't it?
a-swift 4:54 PM - 15 May, 2007
i think i can honestly say that most of you cats don't actually *know* steve_dub. i do. the cat is far from racist. far from it. if dub and i were kickin back with a beer and he said "what's with the dudes and their monte carlos",.. i'd probably "get it" and we'd have a laugh because i notice the same kinda stuff. i wouldn't think it was racist at all, coming from *that guy*. now if it was coming from some milktoast suburbanite who's never even been to the hood,.. i might pause and think for a sec,.. "what the hell are you gettin at?"

you people take shit way too far on these forums and some of the recent threads remind me of exactly why i don't waste much time here anymore boxing with mental midgets and dealing with 80% ethuggery and 20% useful information from cool cats that i'd actually hang with in real life.

the cool cats know who they are,.. and the rest. well probably not.
DJJOHNNYM 4:55 PM - 15 May, 2007
Quote:
And it is your opinion that his comments were racially insensitive.

Yes, mine and few others, but I may overshadow them here because of the sheer number of my responses to this subject matter.
DJ_Motion 4:57 PM - 15 May, 2007
You know... I don't know any of you but I do know that everyone here has played a song that had some type of racial slur in it. From the "N" word to Trailer trash.... Now, I know that not everyone here plays edited music 100% of the time but all of a sudden you want to buck up on the forum.... Let me see you quit playing musin with the "N" word or anything that has some type of racial or gender slur in it then come argue... So my advice to most of you is STFU because in the end the music is what saves people from lifestyle problems not create them.... Serato brought all of us together but now all you guys want to do is break that bond. FU...... I like my family.....
DJJOHNNYM 4:58 PM - 15 May, 2007
Quote:
i think i can honestly say that most of you cats don't actually *know* steve_dub. i do.

This may be so, but dude created a THREAD that was IGNORANT. That's all someone needs to know. And to top it off, I asked him questions directly BEFORE I made a judgement, and he didn't answer them...

So, the point is, that I DOUBT he will create another thread like that anytime again in the future, because it was ignorant...

Which was the ultimate goal.
DJJOHNNYM 5:00 PM - 15 May, 2007
Quote:
You know... I don't know any of you but I do know that everyone here has played a song that had some type of racial slur in it. From the "N" word to Trailer trash.... Now, I know that not everyone here plays edited music 100% of the time but all of a sudden you want to buck up on the forum.... Let me see you quit playing musin with the "N" word or anything that has some type of racial or gender slur in it then come argue... So my advice to most of you is STFU because in the end the music is what saves people from lifestyle problems not create them.... Serato brought all of us together but now all you guys want to do is break that bond. FU...... I like my family.....

Those songs that come out using the "N" word, have made it mostly "acceptible" to throw it around without regard for what it really stands for. That is a trend that hit the headlines, and is supposidly now being addressed....

The CONTINUED FIGHT, is to combat the IGNORANCE that allowed that to happen in the first place, so changing somebody's OPINION of what Ghetto Looking Dudes represents is relevant.

It has nothing to do with playing records.
AKIEM 5:06 PM - 15 May, 2007
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

POT MEET KETTLE.

How many threads have you participated in that had ABSOLUTELY NOTHING TO DO WITH DJ'ING?

shamed to say, too many, especially If I looked like anything close to what youve been looking like

Quote:

Secondly, if someone posts something, they should expect a rebuttal if warranted. The same rights the person had to post are also extended to the person who replies.

Im not talking about rights, Im talking about keeping this place out of the toilet that is the rest of the net. you can always take someone aside and deal with them without the big circus

Quote:

And my ability to CHECK someone over the internet is ASTOUNDING isn't it?

no, it embarrassing, especially to people who might initially agree with you
AKIEM 5:08 PM - 15 May, 2007
Quote:
Quote:

Those songs that come out using the "N" word, have made it mostly "acceptible" to throw it around without regard for what it really stands for. That is a trend that hit the headlines, and is supposidly now being addressed....

The CONTINUED FIGHT, is to combat the IGNORANCE that allowed that to happen in the first place, so changing somebody's OPINION of what Ghetto Looking Dudes represents is relevant.

It has nothing to do with playing records.

fighting IGNORANCE with IGNORANCE makes everyone stupid
DJ.ReFRESH 7:14 PM - 15 May, 2007
Sometimes when you win.
you really lose.

Sometimes when you lose.
you really win.

Sometimes when you win
or lose. you actually tie.

Sometimes when you tie.
you actually win or lose.
dj skraps 7:38 PM - 15 May, 2007
huh???
DJJOHNNYM 7:40 PM - 15 May, 2007
Quote:
huh???

I'm trying to figure out that one too....
tig ol' bitties 7:45 PM - 15 May, 2007
Quote:
Sometimes when you win.
you really lose.

Sometimes when you lose.
you really win.

Sometimes when you win
or lose. you actually tie.

Sometimes when you tie.
you actually win or lose.

LMFAO!!! white men cant jump people!!! classic!
tig ol' bitties 7:46 PM - 15 May, 2007
Billlllyyyyyy, screwing is for carpenters, i prefer make love or FUC*!! come on now.
dj skraps 7:47 PM - 15 May, 2007
Abbott: Well, let's see, we have on the bags, Who's on first, What's on second, I Don't Know is on third...

Costello: That's what I want to find out.

Abbott: I say Who's on first, What's on second, I Don't Know's on third.

Costello: And you don't know the fellows' names?

Abbott: Well I should.

Costello: Well then who's on first?

Abbott: Yes.

Costello: I mean the fellow's name.

Abbott: Who.

Costello: The guy on first.

Costello: The first baseman.

Costello: The guy playing...

Abbott: Who is on first!

Costello: I'm asking YOU who's on first.

Abbott: That's the man's name.

Costello: That's who's name?

Costello: Well go ahead and tell me.

Abbott: That's it.

Costello: That's who?

almost as confusing as this.
CMOS 7:51 PM - 15 May, 2007
Dude serato could be killing orphans by the 1000's and i would still buy SSL.
dj skraps 7:54 PM - 15 May, 2007
damn dude thats loyalty
DJ.ReFRESH 8:42 PM - 16 May, 2007
Quote:
Billlllyyyyyy, screwing is for carpenters, i prefer make love or FUC*!! come on now.

Break it down for em Tig Ol', they don't be knowin...
Dj Kabrini Greens 9:02 PM - 16 May, 2007
Quote:
Rane and Serato you see how people respond you have a moral obligation to this matter. i hope you know what kind of problems jerks like dj cubicle and others are causing for you

so this dj is talking about racism and how it has a negative impact on the forums, then the moron calls another dj a jerk. wow what kind of a dumb hipocrite would do such a thing...

Serato rane you guys are the ish and I am HAPPY that i get to enjoy this forum where I can read all kinds of dj related threads. I along with everyone here that enjoys your products thank you guys.
Bigfourty4 9:12 PM - 16 May, 2007
That was a lot of bullshit to read through. Now everyone should get a life...and that includes me.

Don't forget the spellcheck on that letter.
deepdjdanny 9:32 PM - 16 May, 2007
when's 1.8 comin' out? thanx bye.
shiestO! 9:53 PM - 16 May, 2007
why didn't you pm a mod instead of making a thread where the jackals can have their way with you? it's like pissing in the wind (stupid).

i know what you're sayin about the race thing but it shouldn't be taken that seriously. nobody was slingin' racial slurs and stuff. there was none of the "words" like the N word etc.

i seriously bet the mods hate this forum though. it is full of internet opinionated loud mouths (not pointing fingers)it's full of so much completely irrelevant stuff, i.e. the racial thread(s). that's the thing... online forums give a voice and an opinion to everyone upon signing up. that's their greatest asset and biggest downfall.
Bigfourty4 9:55 PM - 16 May, 2007
Pissing into the wind sucks. I just hate it when it gets in your face.
DJJOHNNYM 9:56 PM - 16 May, 2007
Quote:
why didn't you pm a mod instead of making a thread where the jackals can have their way with you? it's like pissing in the wind (stupid).

i know what you're sayin about the race thing but it shouldn't be taken that seriously. nobody was slingin' racial slurs and stuff. there was none of the "words" like the N word etc.

i seriously bet the mods hate this forum though. it is full of internet opinionated loud mouths (not pointing fingers)it's full of so much completely irrelevant stuff, i.e. the racial thread(s). that's the thing... online forums give a voice and an opinion to everyone upon signing up. that's their greatest asset and biggest downfall.

Why PM a MOD? That doesn't solve the bigger picture of EVERYONE thinking it's cool. I'm GROWN and can address the source directly....

Which I did.
DJJOHNNYM 9:58 PM - 16 May, 2007
I understand there were no "Racial Slurs", but that was the NEXT STEP. I'm not SENSITIVE, I was just making a point of how IGNORANT that thread was. Then MORE FOLKS thought it was FUNNY and created a BUNCH of "MOCK" threads, and here we are today.
shiestO! 9:59 PM - 16 May, 2007
^^he was initially addressing "rane" and "serato" about their "obligation" so pm'ing a mod would be a better solution to tell them his concerns.
DJJOHNNYM 10:08 PM - 16 May, 2007
Quote:
^^he was initially addressing "rane" and "serato" about their "obligation" so pm'ing a mod would be a better solution to tell them his concerns.

Ok...but even with that, what HARM is it for the entire board to know that this conduct isn't acceptable to him?

I'm sure he could always follow UP with a PM, but still, I don't see any harm in bringing it to the forefront.

Now I PERSONALLY don't think RANE/SERATO is "CONDONING" these RACIALLY INSENSITIVE threads or RACISM, but moreso making a statement that some stuff isn't appropriate here by locking the threads...

I think they're just letting us talk it out amongst ourselves to come to a conclusion (agree to disagree), unless of course REAL LIFE THREATS ARE MADE from the PACIFIC TIME ZONE of loosening teeth...

Please.
DJDLO 415 10:18 PM - 16 May, 2007
dam shit is getting CRAY in THA muthafuckin Z!!!! i dont know what to do anymore guys seems like we are all gonna kill each other soon....then music will be no more with out DJ's!!!!
tribalmadness 10:34 PM - 16 May, 2007
I was just gonna ignore this crap, but I have to add my .02. Grand T you are the problem with society today. You are angry with absolutely no idea of where to direct your hostility. Get a godamn clue before you start screaming racism at people (or companies) with nothing to do with anything. If you have a problem with the way someone conducted themselves on a message board, and are unable to simply not read what they have to say, then alert their behavior to the mods. You don't go accusing the mods of being the racist ones. Your misdirection only succeeds in making you look like the racist one accusing everyone else of it. This whole situation is just re-godamn-diculous
tribalmadness 10:36 PM - 16 May, 2007
that Jesse Jackson shit was halarious. I am still cracking up over that one. But lookout Jesse Jackson is black, you don't want to be accused of racism now.
shiestO! 10:40 PM - 16 May, 2007
johnny. i don't understand exactly why you're trying to gain so many enemies. i agree with your posts. you were battling this guy's opinion. now you're defending him to me as though it matters.

the harm done by his bringing this up to the forefront is that it is just another pointless thread now, and it gave you a soapbox to stand on. your "ability to check someone over the internet" and your claim at being "grown" are both extremely childish, as is my attempt at setting you straight. i'm done with ya. have a good one.
Serato
James 10:46 PM - 16 May, 2007
Look everybody this is getting out of hand.

You all agreed to the terms and conditions which include the number 1 rule:

Be nice to others

Serato will not tolerate racism or homophobia on these message boards.
shiestO! 10:48 PM - 16 May, 2007
sorry james. i'm outtie.

sorry johnny. *hug*
shiestO! 10:49 PM - 16 May, 2007
^no homo (phobia)
DJJOHNNYM 10:51 PM - 16 May, 2007
Quote:
johnny. i don't understand exactly why you're trying to gain so many enemies. i agree with your posts. you were battling this guy's opinion. now you're defending him to me as though it matters.

the harm done by his bringing this up to the forefront is that it is just another pointless thread now, and it gave you a soapbox to stand on. your "ability to check someone over the internet" and your claim at being "grown" are both extremely childish, as is my attempt at setting you straight. i'm done with ya. have a good one.

Dude. It may be pointless simply because the MAJORITY doesn't want to hear it. But I can guarantee, certain people won't make certain types of posts in the future. And THAT was worth the effort.

All that other shit about being GROWN and CHECKING people across the internet is nothing more than an effect of what is thrown at me. If they didn't bring it there, it wouldn't have gone there.

How can someone in 2007 HONESTLY be called "SENSITIVE" because they react to some IGNORANT COMMENT that another person makes?

That's that bullshit. The comment was made, a rebuttal was created, the peanut gallery said, "STOP WHINING" and it went SOUTH at that point.

Had EVERYBODY been GROWN, not make a MOCKERY of the threads, then shit would be GRAVY.

You have to re-program peoples way of THINKING...or at least THINKING OUT LOUD IN PUBLIC.

They got what they deserved.

I'm not TRYING to gain enemies, as a matter of fact, I post in other threads that have NOTHING TO DO WITH RACE, and you'd never be able to tell that all THIS was going on in THESE threads. Hell, I can't even remember half of the "Enemies" I've gained...LOL.

It's nothing.

Y'all act like I set off a BOMB in this beyoch...
shiestO! 11:53 PM - 16 May, 2007
es cool mang. i'm finally home and bout to hit the triple b.

beats, beers, and the bong.
dj hoodat baller 11:02 AM - 17 May, 2007
To everyone i warned the mod's this was going to happen they ignored me for three days. And i do not have a racist bone in my body you do not know nothing about me or my family. And i have never displayed any thing on this site for you to prove i am a racist. So who ever said i am the problem you are wrong and when you make jokes when some one is trying to be real about racism you are a jerk.
Nicky Blunt 11:12 AM - 17 May, 2007
OK OK OK! We ALL GET THE POINT ALL OF YOU ARE TRYING TO MAKE!

CANT WE JUST DROP THIS SHIT NOW! & TALK ABOUT SUMMIN LESS HEATED INSTEAD?

HOW MANY PEOPLE NEED TO ASK THIS QUESTION BEFORE THE FEW REALISE THE MANY DONT WANNA HEAR IT NO MO!

THE MODS HAVE ALLREADY WARNED ABOUT ALL OF THIS. LETS JUST EVRYBODY AGREE TO DISAGREE & KEEP IT MOVING!

THIS IS SUPPOSED TO BE A PLACE TO HOOK UP (NOT LIKE THAT) WITH FELLOW DJ'S SHARE TIPS & HAVE FUN.

c'MON GUYS WE ARE LETTING THIS OVERTAKE THE BOARDS.

TAKE YOUR BATTLES TO THE PM FIELD NOW WE KNOW ALL YOUR POINTS ON THE ARGUMENTS & ISSUES RAISED SO YOU HAVE DONE YOUR JOBS.

cAN WE NOW LEAVE IT AT THAT PLEASE?????

NO REALLY PLEASE?

THANKS

THATS MY TWO PENCE!

PS IM TOTALLY AWARE IM SHOUTING

More than half of your message contains capital letters. To many forum users, this means you are SHOUTING your message, and is considered to be bad forum etiquette. Please consider editing your message so that there are fewer capital letters.

IM SURE I SPEAK FOR THE MASSES WHEN I SAY WERE DONE WITH THIS.
Bigfourty4 11:25 AM - 17 May, 2007
+1
dj hoodat baller 11:41 AM - 17 May, 2007
I do agree with nicky blunt. I was tired of it when it first started
tribalmadness 1:57 PM - 17 May, 2007
Quote:
To everyone i warned the mod's this was going to happen they ignored me for three days. And i do not have a racist bone in my body you do not know nothing about me or my family. And i have never displayed any thing on this site for you to prove i am a racist. So who ever said i am the problem you are wrong and when you make jokes when some one is trying to be real about racism you are a jerk.

I'm guessing that grammar wasn't your stongest subject in school
Bigfourty4 3:13 PM - 17 May, 2007
Quote:

I'm guessing that grammar wasn't your stongest subject in school

Where have you been???You're just noticing that now???
dj hoodat baller 3:36 PM - 17 May, 2007
You can talk about my grammer all you want. I have see so many mistakes in grammer and typing on this site. You can't get under my skin. It just shows you people will try any thing to keep the BS going on you are just part of the problem. Not part of the soulution
dj hoodat baller 3:53 PM - 17 May, 2007
And race relations was not the best subject in life for a hole lot of people on this site. Tribalmadness you did not get on the racist when they wrote there crap grow up this is a dj site not who has the best grammer you can go all over this site and you will see mistakes in in typing and grammer. I bet if we look at some things you have typed you will see mistakes. I am not trying to get a grade i am tring to get my point across and i think i have done that. First its your grammer then your from the ghetto then its your black that's how it all starts. Your just as sad as all the other sad people on this site. That spew negative insluts
dj skraps 4:07 PM - 17 May, 2007
i wish we could go back to the old days.....joking/talkin shit to each other, pointing out others mistakes....now it seem a lot of us get so bent over little shit....too many sensitive people now....thats why i like cats like Kagen, sixxx, sheistO, nik39...these cats know whats up...you can sling some dirt at these dudes without them gettin all hissy over some little shit....we all know its only fun and games.....come most of you need to get a sense of humor.
dj hoodat baller 4:13 PM - 17 May, 2007
I might not be the best typist but i bet i am a bettr DJ than a hole lot of you guys. And thats what we are here for we have so many DJ wanna be's that when it come to being good in mixing and scratching they are weak so they say your grammer is bad your from the ghetto. I can dj with the best of them and my record as a bayarea dj proves that.
sixxx 4:19 PM - 17 May, 2007
dj grand t. I'm on your side, but please don't type the word grammer anymore. Thanks :)

Thanks for the mention dj skraps. It's true. Jokin' around is and can be fun. We know you've done it to your buddies... putting them down, talking shit as they put you down and talk shit to you. That's what real buddies do. Yes. This is the internet and sometimes things get misunderstood but if you're grown enough you won't let little shit get the best of you.
Bigfourty4 4:29 PM - 17 May, 2007
Quote:
I might not be the best typist but i bet i am a bettr DJ than a hole lot of you guys.

I have never doubted that. I even complimented you on your list of accomplishments on your profile.
Dj KaGeN 4:30 PM - 17 May, 2007
thanks dj skaps

It really all boils down to the longer you play in here, the more you have your name posted on the left margin - the thicker your skin should be to all that you read. Knowing up front that you will read some off the wall shit, jokes will cross way in to the gray areas, cursing will run rampant and you will get your feathers ruffled eventually, guaranteed. Knowing when to pick your battles IF AT ALL is the key. Making a stand on some stupid bullshit is a waste of time, space, and will bare you little to zero street credibility. We come here to have a laugh, bond with friends the worldwide and share a passion for music and dj'ing. Nobody is going to listen to you preach in the house of Rane/Serato.
dj skraps 4:38 PM - 17 May, 2007
Quote:
Making a stand on some stupid bullshit is a waste of time, space, and will bare you little to zero street credibility. We come here to have a laugh, bond with friends the worldwide and share a passion for music and dj'ing. Nobody is going to listen to you preach in the house of Rane/Serato.

well said bro.
Dj Shamann 5:04 PM - 17 May, 2007
Yeah I can see it now

Dj 1 "Hey man I just got Serato...it's dope.. you should try it"

Dj 2 "No way man, some guy said something racist on their forums and they didn't instantly drop everything they were doing in preperation for their next release to settle an internet score"

They squashed it man and were clear that they don't endorse that type of shit. They can't be held to blame for every asshole with too much time on his hands.

I guess I should stop watching movies then because everytime I go on IMDB somebody's saying some type of ill shit.

Smarten up man, looking at that incoherent mess in your profile you're older than most cats around here, start acting like it.

Calling Jesse jackson to settle an internet beef.. like you're bringing your dad to the schoolyard.

LMAO!
dj skraps 5:08 PM - 17 May, 2007
Quote:
dj *skaps*

AWW...thats it Kagen...your on my shit list now
Dj KaGeN 5:11 PM - 17 May, 2007
oh damn - my bad.. so very sorry!!
Dj KaGeN 5:11 PM - 17 May, 2007
nah, I take it back - learn to use the shift key for my name
dj cubicle 5:13 PM - 17 May, 2007
Oh man, it's on.
IanJ 5:41 PM - 17 May, 2007
I'm sorry but I find threads like these absolutely hilarious, people will never learn that just cause it's posted doesn't mean you have to go an read it and thus support that topic, as fast as topics get posted on this board if people would just not reply to those post they'd end up on page 8 in a day or two. But instead YOU choose to keep them on the front page by looking and replying to them and replying gives the author of said post power to keep posting topics like that.
Bigfourty4 6:26 PM - 17 May, 2007
I kept the hollywood DJ thread frontpage for a long time

Now it is like page 100
dj skraps 6:28 PM - 17 May, 2007
Quote:

Fuck it....we're even ;p
tribalmadness 7:47 PM - 17 May, 2007
Quote:
And race relations was not the best subject in life for a hole lot of people on this site. Tribalmadness you did not get on the racist when they wrote there crap grow up this is a dj site not who has the best grammer you can go all over this site and you will see mistakes in in typing and grammer. I bet if we look at some things you have typed you will see mistakes. I am not trying to get a grade i am tring to get my point across and i think i have done that. First its your grammer then your from the ghetto then its your black that's how it all starts. Your just as sad as all the other sad people on this site. That spew negative insluts

HAHAHA OH MY GOD!

I stayed away from all the race crap. All I do is make a joke about your grammar and now you call me a racist! You are a joke dude. Can we get a ban please?
Dj KaGeN 8:04 PM - 17 May, 2007
Quote:
Quote:

Fuck it....we're even ;p

I'll drink to that.
sixxx 8:10 PM - 17 May, 2007
Can I join you guys? I need a drink (alcohol). Thanks
Dj KaGeN 8:52 PM - 17 May, 2007
not sure - have you broken that habit of umbrella drinks yet?
dj skraps 8:56 PM - 17 May, 2007
ya come join...i'm about to take down a nice shot of jager and then wash that down with cold ass new castle.....bottoms up!!!
Dj KaGeN 9:00 PM - 17 May, 2007
not that I follow a clock to dictate when to start or stop drinking - but it's 2 in the afternoon and you're in to the shots already? that's professional right there!!
dj skraps 9:02 PM - 17 May, 2007
ya...i guess you could say i have a problem....i used think the same thing about shots early in the day....thing have changed, oh well.
SUBSTANCE 4:20 AM - 19 May, 2007
...dude...you guys used to be cool...

LOUD NOISES!
dj hoodat baller 4:30 AM - 19 May, 2007
We are still coOl like a famiy somtimes you have disagreements we are back in love again
dj hoodat baller 4:38 AM - 19 May, 2007
Quote:
We are still cool like a family somtimes you have disagreements we are back in love again
DJ_Mike_Coquilla 4:40 AM - 19 May, 2007
i like to eat glue
DJ_Mike_Coquilla 4:40 AM - 19 May, 2007
whoops, wrong thread :)

sowee
dj hoodat baller 4:46 AM - 19 May, 2007
i used to eat paste in the kindergarden
sixxx 4:46 AM - 19 May, 2007
I still run with scissors.
Thundercat 1:05 PM - 19 May, 2007
My face got stuck like this...
blackavenger 1:35 PM - 19 May, 2007
Quote:
Serato you are going to let these little racist pigs make your pockets take a big hit because i am offended and a hole lot of other people are to.

Hahahahahaha........he's offended. I hate Political Correctness........ reminds me of communism.

George Tunee 2:01 PM - 19 May, 2007
if someone really believes steve is a racist because of his thread he must be kinda desperate..
bringin rane in general into play is even more desperate.
dj hoodat baller 2:08 PM - 19 May, 2007
It is over let's keep that stuff in the past we are trying to move on. Because it will just go back and forth. We do not have to say anything we all know who's who and what we stand for i think
sixxx 2:10 PM - 19 May, 2007
Yup. Sorry you got late to the party George Tunee. :)

BUT THE PARTY IS OVER. We packed all our equipment and left!!!!

Now we're all chillin' at dj grand t's pad drinkin' and making a fool of ourselves.
dj hoodat baller 2:17 PM - 19 May, 2007
Tequila and beer
George Tunee 2:29 PM - 19 May, 2007
lol ok just read through all the threads after visiting grandma for a week and it was..bizarre
dj hoodat baller 2:35 PM - 19 May, 2007
Were having a party
DJ DAMON 3:14 PM - 19 May, 2007
SERATO IS EVERY DJ'S DREAM I THINK IT IS SO DUMB TO BRING RACE
INTO IT WE ALL ARE ALL DJ'S WHO HAVE A BIG RESPONIBILTY EXPOSING
MUSIC TO THE WORLD AND SOMEONE DUMB PUT RACE INTO THE MIX. LETS
REMEMBER THE HISTORY BLACK AMERICANS ARE THE MASTER MINDS BEHIND THE WHOLE HIP HOP DJ ERA NO WHITES WERE BEHIND A TURNTABLE MIXING AND RAPPING 25 YEARS AGO WHILE WHITE AMERICA WAS PROTESTING ( YOUR GRANDPARENTS) HIP HOP CLUB MUSIC JUST AS THEY DID ROCK -N- ROLL 50 YEARS AGO. I DONT CARE ABOUT RACE NEVER DID. WE ARE ALL AMRICANS WHEN YOU GO SOMEWHERE ELSE.WHEN I LEFT THE COUNTRY TO DJ IN FRANCE WHEN I SAID I WAS AMERICAN THE HAD THIS LOOK OF DISLIKE. MY POINT WHEN EVER WE GO TO OUT THE COUNTRY WHATEVER WE ARE OVER HERE PEOPLE LOOK AT US AS THE SAME EVERWHERE ELSE. WHEN WHITES PUT THEIR HAND IN SOMETHING IT ALWAYS TURN INTO RACE WHICH IS SOMETHING WHITES CREATED. WE ARE ALL AMERICANS TO EVERYONE ELES ALL OVER THE WORLD WE REALLY NEED TO STOP THIS RACE THING AND YOU CAN START BY NOT TEACHING YOUR KIDS RACE AND TEACH THEM THEY ARE AMERICAN CUZ THAT WHAT WE ALL ARE.
Lando 6:04 PM - 19 May, 2007
DJ Damon that used to spin w/ DJ Mike Boogie, DJ Rock and Lando the "Line King"? Man, if so hit this line..
SteadFast 6:20 PM - 5 August, 2010
Quote:

r.i.p. mr jackson..
LoFoSho 7:52 PM - 5 August, 2010
Im pretty sure Serato is covered. Remember you agreed to a legal contract by signing up for this forum, and in it I'm sure it states that the views expressed by users are not of the company. Basically you use public forums at your own risk. If someone is racist to you here how can you hold the company liable? I'm not saying its right but you have the option not to use a public forum.
Dj-M.Bezzle 7:57 PM - 5 August, 2010
damn talk about a throwback thread
RogerRabbit 1:02 AM - 6 August, 2010
Wow back when DJJOHNNYM's name was shorter :)
2:02 AM, 6 Aug 2010
Discussion locked by ChrisD
Serato, Support
ChrisD 2:02 AM - 6 August, 2010
This thread should remain dead because it's embarrassment to its original author.

Thread locked.