DJing Discussion

This area is for discussion about DJing in general. Please remember the community rules when posting and try to be polite and inclusive.

Good Alternative to Technics 1200's?

DJ Trik Nixon 2:52 PM - 5 January, 2011
I'm looking at buying some TT's and everyone I've spoken to has told me Technics. They look amazing and sound great, but they seem a little steep. So I decided to do some digging and stumbled up on this Stanton TT.

www.skratchworx.com

I'd like to hear your thoughts on wheather or not this is a good alternative to buying a Technics 1200
Dj-M.Bezzle 3:56 PM - 5 January, 2011
look on ebay or craigslist and grab some used techs, theyll work just as good as new ones for a quarter of the price, techs have a notoriously long lifespan and 10 year old techs run like 1 week old techs
DJ Benny B NYC 3:58 PM - 5 January, 2011
i would also be interested in answers to this question because soon they will be too expensive for everyone. what is the best alternative?
djdaze1 3:59 PM - 5 January, 2011
Quote:
look on ebay or craigslist and grab some used techs, theyll work just as good as new ones for a quarter of the price, techs have a notoriously long lifespan and 10 year old techs run like 1 week old techs

+1000 on that

I just got my stepson a pair on craigslist for $250 for both.
DJ Trik Nixon 4:27 PM - 5 January, 2011
I think I may have mispoken when I asked the question. I know Technics are great products, and I would love to get them. My question though was if these Stanton 150's are a good alternative to them.
DJ Dac 4:40 PM - 5 January, 2011
I have had the stanton st100's for 5 years now, never a problem and they are way more toquey then the 1200, when switching to the 1200 you can tell the difference, also it has a digital and line out if you choose, that means no stupid ground wire to hook up and break. It also has a reverse and 3 speeds (33, 44, and 78), even though i normally stick with the ±8%, its nice to have ±12%, and ±25% pitch control settings and it has a key lock button. and the price is right, cant complain about that...
raequan 4:48 PM - 5 January, 2011
Stanton st120 straight arms are excellent i have a pair and 1200's
Eric N 6:19 PM - 5 January, 2011
Vestax 2000s are decent decks too, if you can find a pair that's not beat on. They are a plastic cabinet, so the feet tend to break off. They have more torque than a 1200, so that's something you have to get used to... but one venue I used to play at had them, and they were actually not too bad once I got used to them.
DJ Dac 6:47 PM - 5 January, 2011
the extra torque is a great thing, its amazing when as soon as you hit the start button your up to speed...
DJWALDO 6:49 PM - 5 January, 2011
i would suggest looking through the first three pages of the forum to make sure that the thread that already exists for this exact topic is right on page 2 before starting this one
Nicky Blunt 6:50 PM - 5 January, 2011
An awesome alternative to the 1200 is the 1210! that is about all i have to say on this subject!
Djaward 6:54 PM - 5 January, 2011
Quote:
Vestax 2000s are decent decks too, if you can find a pair that's not beat on. They are a plastic cabinet, so the feet tend to break off. They have more torque than a 1200, so that's something you have to get used to... but one venue I used to play at had them, and they were actually not too bad once I got used to them.

This would be my second choice. Ive heard that the PDX is mainly for SCRATCHING and not mixing.. IS THERE ANY TRUTH TO THIS? Ive never tried any other tables other than TECHNICS.
Eric N 6:59 PM - 5 January, 2011
IDK, I was able to mix on them, I was just a little sloppy the first couple times. If you have been using 1200s a long time and do things like nudge the platter, pinch the spindle, etc - the Vestax are going to have a learning curve. They are known for scratching due to the high torque, but they are totally capable decks.

They also have detatchable RCAs. Something Technics should have done LONG ago for all models, not just the limited MK4 lol. The PDX-a1s are kinda sweet too if you are a battle-style DJ...

Personally, I'd rather get another set of used 1200s than get the Vestax decks... but if you can't find a good pair of Techs, they will totally get the job done.
Eric N 7:01 PM - 5 January, 2011
Oops, I meant the PDX-A2, not A1.

The A2s are set up battle style but with all the buttons, pitch fader, etc. all going the "right" direction and not sideways lol.
Sureshot (PA) 7:02 PM - 5 January, 2011
Quote:

This would be my second choice. Ive heard that the PDX is mainly for SCRATCHING and not mixing.. IS THERE ANY TRUTH TO THIS? Ive never tried any other tables other than TECHNICS.

i've been using PDX2000's for a few years now. just switched back to Techs because i got nervous they might be tough to get so i kopped some MK5s. PDXs are great for scratching.. they're unskippable. They're fine for mixing as well. The pitch slider takes some getting used to if you're used to Techs. The pitch slider is +/- 10 and also have +/- 50 for trick mixing. the pitch fader does not feel as nice as the Techs but it's just as acurate in my experience. comes down to your preference. i also can't tell the difference in tourque. i've got decent touch so it just hasn't been an issue. i REALLY like my MK5s and i'm glad i made the switch but they're pretty qually matched. one other major difference is the weight. big difference. techs are heavy.
spirez 7:13 PM - 5 January, 2011
I love my STR8-150s but I've been getting quite a lot of rumbling and feedback when spinning vinyl on them.
SELECT 7:18 PM - 5 January, 2011
Technics have more than enough torque. That extra torque stuff is useless selling point. Want more torque use the rubber mat the techs came with or get different slipmats. If Im scratching or juggling I use thin slipmats. If Im recording I use a thicker, stickier slipmat so to speak.

The Vestax pdx2000 tables are cool, but calibrating the tonearm didnt feel precise and overall everything felt cheap. I used them every weekend for about two years. Id buy some used techs before I would consider any vestax tables.
iRockCrowds 8:02 PM - 5 January, 2011
the pdx3000's are even better for the folks that are mentioning the 2000s. They have adjustable torque (you can make them the same as the techs if u want). I love them. Too bad they increased the price when the prize of the techs went up. They are around 700-800 a pop now :(
BERTO 8:13 PM - 5 January, 2011
what about stanton st-100?
DJ506 8:49 PM - 6 January, 2011
~ Been using my STR8.150's every weekend in the club for almost a year now. Love 'em!
DJN1X0N 8:59 PM - 6 January, 2011
I bought used 1200 Mk2's and I got great results. 400 each was cheap at that time. All the lights work, perfect pitch, and both came with headshells and everything included with a new 1200. I love my 1200's, but any turntable by Stanton and Vestax (That is $450+) should do the job. I personally don't like strait tonearms as much, but they ARE better for scratching if you're into that.
Dj Shamann 9:20 PM - 6 January, 2011
I got a pair of Vestax PDX-2000's and a pair of Stanton STR8-100's about 9 years ago after using 1200's for a lifetime. As mentioned, the Vestax were virtually unskippable, I used to use them with dubplates and they were great, I never really used the Stantons other than for the key lock (which wasn't that great) while we were in the studio. The Vestax definitely take getting used to, I was sponsored so I was offered them free and when I tried them the first time I declined because they were so different from 12's. I was then offered to take them home for a week and they never ended up going back because I liked them so much. The thing about the torque SELECT is (I felt anyway) they were much more responsive in getting the pitch up to speed when making lots of pitch changes during mixing, when flying through records so fast it came in handy.

But a few years later with DVS I was back on 12's anyway and I'm staying there.

Quote:
They look amazing and sound great

Then price shouldn't be an issue. You'll kick yourself later on.
Wazo 9:52 PM - 6 January, 2011
Love ST150's and i own T120's (same thing) and LOVE them. always wanted them and love their performance.

very nice and highly advised.
SELECT 2:49 AM - 7 January, 2011
Quote:
I got a pair of Vestax PDX-2000's and a pair of Stanton STR8-100's about 9 years ago after using 1200's for a lifetime. As mentioned, the Vestax were virtually unskippable, I used to use them with dubplates and they were great, I never really used the Stantons other than for the key lock (which wasn't that great) while we were in the studio. The Vestax definitely take getting used to, I was sponsored so I was offered them free and when I tried them the first time I declined because they were so different from 12's. I was then offered to take them home for a week and they never ended up going back because I liked them so much. The thing about the torque SELECT is (I felt anyway) they were much more responsive in getting the pitch up to speed when making lots of pitch changes during mixing, when flying through records so fast it came in handy.

But a few years later with DVS I was back on 12's anyway and I'm staying there.

Quote:

Cool, I guess it might be helpful and Im sure its something you get used to if you own them.
Mighty Dragon Sounds 4:41 AM - 7 January, 2011
Techs....... or Stanton ST-150s...... Nuff said....
Dj-Pyro 8:22 AM - 7 January, 2011
Stantons
DJ_Phenom 10:07 AM - 7 January, 2011
I own both techs and the stantons and use the stantons far more often, they just feel better and the extra features make them my preferred TT
Evon 10:29 AM - 7 January, 2011
I would recomend buying the Technics. One reason why is that they are industry standard. So when you practice at home you will feel right at home coming to a
club-venue to play.
Also they are easy to sell and you probably won't loose much money if you decide to sell them at one point.
My first turntables was numark tt500. but after 6 months with them I decided to go Technis. Cost me a bit of cash.
Dubplate10" 10:37 AM - 7 January, 2011
Quote:
I would recomend buying the Technics. One reason why is that they are industry standard. So when you practice at home you will feel right at home coming to a club-venue to play.
Also they are easy to sell and you probably won't loose much money if you decide to sell them at one point.
quote]

What he said
pdidy 3:14 PM - 7 January, 2011
that's like asking whats a good alternative to pussy.......just sayin
Nicky Blunt 9:32 PM - 7 January, 2011
Quote:

+1
Dj-M.Bezzle 9:37 PM - 7 January, 2011
Quote:

i can think of 2 things off the top of my head (NH NM)
pdidy 10:10 PM - 7 January, 2011
Quote:
Quote:

i can think of 2 things off the top of my head (NH NM)

Im not sure if i want to no but enlighten me.
Mighty Dragon Sounds 8:03 PM - 8 January, 2011
The last time I remember going to a Venue and seeing a set of Technics already there was............ was.............. was............... Hmmmmmm...... 10 years ago?

Now a days if I see them with anything its a Computer with Virtual DJ already hooked up so they can pay some dude $75.00 a night to jump on it and play DJ. And then wonder why another club that pays me $100.00 an hour gets a better crowd.
DJ Trik Nixon 8:12 AM - 19 January, 2011
did any of you even read the article? or even click the link?
anthracite98 8:25 AM - 19 January, 2011
Get used 1200's. You can find them for $600 or less if you can wait. If you can't I also recommend Numark TT-Xs. Replaceable cables, SPDIF/digital out, lots of other good features, but they are heavy as hell. If you're gonna DJ for the long haul, you'll likely end up with a few sets of decks; so if you don't get Tech's this time, do so next time. I'm 10 turntables deep and 3 are Numark, the other 7 are 1200, 1210's and one 1400.
mkdva 8:33 AM - 19 January, 2011
Quote:
Get used 1200's. You can find them for $600 or less if you can wait. If you can't I also recommend Numark TT-Xs. Replaceable cables, SPDIF/digital out, lots of other good features, but they are heavy as hell. If you're gonna DJ for the long haul, you'll likely end up with a few sets of decks; so if you don't get Tech's this time, do so next time. I'm 10 turntables deep and 3 are Numark, the other 7 are 1200, 1210's and one 1400.

Quote:
did any of you even read the article? or even click the link?

Trik, go with Technics if you want to avoid headaches. I am still trying to sell mine Numark TTX-1 because it's not as good as it looks.
Mighty Maxx 3:35 AM - 25 January, 2011
Quote:

+1

I have a pair of 1200's and a pair of Numark TTX-1's. I love both of them, but had to keep my 1200's as they are industry standard, so I practice on those at home, and for mobile gigs I use my TTX-1's, as they are tanks and have lots of great features.

I already had a pair of 1200's, when the guy in the store was like, "take a TTX-1 home and try it for a week, if you don't like it, bring it back and I will refund your money". The price was right and at the time I couldn't afford a second pair of 1200's, so I tried it, and I liked it! Eventually bought a second one, and now, when I have a mobile gig, I don't have to touch my home set up at all (bought a second Rane mixer also).
The Return of Dj Sparky 4:52 PM - 25 January, 2011
If the 1200's are not your thing, check out the 1210's
DJkahar aka Skyscraper 5:28 PM - 25 January, 2011
Quote:
I'm looking at buying some TT's and everyone I've spoken to has told me Technics. They look amazing and sound great, but they seem a little steep. So I decided to do some digging and stumbled up on this Stanton TT.

www.skratchworx.com

I'd like to hear your thoughts on wheather or not this is a good alternative to buying a Technics 1200

Nice review. I've been lookin around for a back up pair too. Jus don't have the extra doe to drop a thousand on some Tech's like I would like. Ima do some more research on these.
Djaward 5:30 PM - 25 January, 2011
I just saw a pair of PDX 2000 with cases go for 300 for the pair on ebay. If I had the money I would have bought them.
nonplus 6:17 PM - 25 January, 2011
i have a pair of the new vestax pdx3000mkII's. needless to say, my 1200's have been sitting in they're flight cases since.

watch out buying used vestax tt's. a lot of times they have bad platter wobble and you need to replace the motor. not to costly or hard to install, but a pain in the ass just the same.
_Stuart 9:56 PM - 25 January, 2011
if its anything other than technics then you might as well just get these
www.worldofgramophones.com
anything else is just immitation
DJkahar aka Skyscraper 10:15 PM - 25 January, 2011
Stumbled on this video. The stantons seem to get positive feedback from well known DJ's.
Watchwww.youtube.com
El_MaUri 11:07 PM - 25 January, 2011
nicceeeeeeee...
Wazo 11:35 PM - 25 January, 2011
cause they are good!!
DJkahar aka Skyscraper 11:43 PM - 25 January, 2011
Quote:
cause they are good!!

Naw it was jus interesting to see perspectives of DJs like the Beat Junkies who have rocked the Techs for so long to try em first hand and like em. That helps my decision a little. Lol
Sureshot (PA) 2:04 AM - 26 January, 2011
after trying a few of the alternatives, i'm back to Techs. the only "added feature" that i liked was the pitch reset button so i got Mk5s. the rest of the crap they add are just gimmicks.. i never used any of that stuff. what do you use Reverse for? even "higher torque" isn't a selling point to me. if you have half-way decent technique, Techs have more torque then you'd ever need. Techs are the standard for a reason.
DJ_Phenom 3:18 AM - 26 January, 2011
Quote:
after trying a few of the alternatives, i'm back to Techs. the only "added feature" that i liked was the pitch reset button so i got Mk5s. the rest of the crap they add are just gimmicks.. i never used any of that stuff. what do you use Reverse for? even "higher torque" isn't a selling point to me. if you have half-way decent technique, Techs have more torque then you'd ever need. Techs are the standard for a reason.

i will probably get flamed for this, but i'm gonna say it anyway. I feel the real reason that tech's are considered the standard is alot more complicated than people think. There are alot of factors that make them more appealing, however the main reason I feel like they have such a stranglehold is good marketing over such a long period of time.

Who do techs mostly appeal to and who are the main users? Hip-hop, scratch, and open format DJs(probably mostly american/japanese). I am not saying that other genre djs dont also use them, but these genres/types are the most common. I feel that most electronic DJs you see are on CDJs, not all but most. You have to also realize the following, there probably wasnt a legitimate TT competitor before 2000. Think about that for a second while also considering the popularity of the DMC throughout the 90s in the eyes of DJs who used/eventually would use turntables. The DMCs during its heyday put technics in the position of KING of the tables IMO.

Once this stranglehold of the market occurs its basically a mob mentality situation where other brands are looked down upon regardless of updates, features, and improvements. Any DJ you met for the longest time used 1200s so when you started coming up you used 1200s and so on and so forth. But with todays climate of technological advancement and differing DJ styles technics lost that grip not to mention most purchased were not new. They had as good of a run as possible if you ask me, no real chance from a competitor for over 15 years? Thats unheard of, they got lazy and made a crappy CDJ to try to take a bite of that market and failed. Many poor decisions led to this it didnt happen overnight. Now other people are stepping up and trying to make a good product to fill that void. The sad thing is an overwhelming majority of people won't even bother giving any of them a chance.

Because even though technics is all but dead, people will still cling to them even though there are good to better alternatives available depending on your preferences. Its all TT DJs have ever been taught to know. The few people who were brave enough to try something new in the past were soured by inferior products and will probably forever maintain their allegiance to the dying brand that has stood by them most if not all of their career. People need to understand that eventually everything has to change, and alot of them would have obviously preferred a new 1200 makeup with an updated feature set and the dependability they have come to trust. That isnt gonna happen or it already would have.

The new stanton, numark, and vestax TTs are all good TTs. Are they as durable? Only time will tell.
mkdva 8:00 AM - 26 January, 2011
I gave a chance to Numark TTX-1 when they came out and thought Technics SL is history. Was very wrong. But at the end of a day I see a lot of people like Numark TTX-1 so go out and try different TT's. You'll which is one have the best ''feeling''. Never buy something unless you tried it. I learned my lesson so many times.
DJ Quartz 11:06 AM - 26 January, 2011
The super-OEM platform isn't going anywhere soon. As in the other thread, Stanton's are wicked. Been my road decks for 4+ yrs now.
DJJorel 11:29 AM - 26 January, 2011
I was skeptical about the ST150s (The blue s-armed ones) until I had a chance to try them. I already have 2 pairs of Technics, but I am wary about taking them on the road. The ST150s are legit, and every bit as solid as the Technics. They are the closest thing to Technics in terms of feel and they even offer features that just don't exist on a Technics.

Here are my only two gripes. The pitch only has hash marks on it, and there isn't a quick way to distinguish what range it is at. On my M5Gs, I can tell at a glance if the pitch is at +/-8 or +/-16. On the Stantons, it is a small LED that you have to squint at sometimes to tell. Also, they are freakin heavy as hell. They feel like they weigh 40lbs each. The weight is great for vibration reduction and stability, but it sucks when you got them in a flight case and you have to carry them...

Despite those two gripes, I am picking a pair up so I can keep my Technics at home.
Dj L-Biz 12:18 PM - 26 January, 2011
If you can pick up a some pdx's you'd be a happy man i have had 2 pairs. 1st being the white pdx 2000s & more recently i have a pair of the pdx3000 they are amazing.
I also have 1 technics 1210mk2. My current setup is one of each.

Mixing on vestax is just as easy as on a technics but you just need to to get used to pitch... but i still prefer the vestax response & no silly middle dip. What i wil say is the new pdx seem to flutter less than my 1210. the pitch reading in serato is constantly adjusting (0.0 +0.1 -0.1 etc) seems slightly less on my pdxs. In the Mix they both seem to hold fairly well you can lock in a track on both decks & keeps them synced so no issues there.

Vestax are plastic sheels though so if your clumsy etc they will translate bumps into noise & the feet will break off if you don't have cases. Mine had travelled for 3.5 yrs on the road in cases and i only lost one foot (but that was the way i took them out of the case). But for ease of set up & tracking they are unbeatable in my opinon.

Now you can pick up a pair of vestax for under £300 in the UK & sometimes a lot less. I grabbed a technics 1210 recently on ebay for £110 works perfectly seems cheaper than going for a pair in some instances.
If you plan on playing live ur likley to find some battered techs in the booth... but times are changing...
It should be noted some vestax get platter wobble not sure how this can be fixed?!?!? (As i understand its to do with the way the engine and platter are designed and connected. If anyone knows of a fix for this that would be great pls holla)

Anyway you look at it Stanton, Vestax or Technics, whatever you start on will probably define what you prefer. If possible try before you buy. If not go with your gut try & get a bargin & then upgrade when you start getting good.

(I'd love to comment on the stantons properly but i have only had one go in a bar and i couldn't get the tracking right for scratching with concord needles - but they felt solid and responsive.)

Good luck whatever you chose
Mighty Maxx 3:11 PM - 26 January, 2011
Quote:
Quote:

Who do techs mostly appeal to and who are the main users? Hip-hop, scratch, and open format DJs(probably mostly american/japanese). I am not saying that other genre djs dont also use them, but these genres/types are the most common. I feel that most electronic DJs you see are on CDJs, not all but most. You have to also realize the following, there probably wasnt a legitimate TT competitor before 2000. Think about that for a second while also considering the popularity of the DMC throughout the 90s in the eyes of DJs who used/eventually would use turntables. The DMCs during its heyday put technics in the position of KING of the tables IMO.

+1

You make some very good points in your post. This also drove a lot of the Vestax mixer sales during the early to late 90's, as it was the mixer of choice for Turntablist and DMC competitors. Vestax never quite had the stranglehold on their industry like Technics, but there was a time that you wouldn't even be taken seriously if you were a Hip Hop DJ and didn't own a Vestax 05 mixer. And yes, Technics tried to enter that market also with the god awful SH-DX1200 (crossfaders are crap).

It really does come down to having the courage to step out of the box...you might be surprised! But an opportunity to test drive will help you make a better decision. Go to a Pro Audio store and see if they have different TT's set up, or a friend, or a club, and try as many different TT's as you can before you make your decision.

I remember being terrified to go from a Vestax mixer to a Rane mixer, and now I wonder how I ever functioned without a Rane (sold my Vestax 05 and 07 Pro and never looked back.)
DJkahar aka Skyscraper 5:09 PM - 8 April, 2011
Bump. Still shoppin around for some tables. Lookin for some Techs on Ebay, but my friend will be startin a new job at Guitar Center. I heard they get stuff at cost. What do you think the ST 150's would be at cost?
Phantomrage 5:10 PM - 31 March, 2012
I know this is a old tread but I wanted to toss in my 2cents.

I have owned the same set, got them new when the pdx-2000 came out.

I have had no issues mixing, or doing turn table tricks, scratching etc on them. I have used them ever since, kept in the road ready case for live shows. many DJ's have played on them and they still work like new.

Now to the bad.

I am used to them. The are very different from the standard 1200's. And if you use all the cool toys the 2000's have. when you play on a 1200 you will not have that for your set. Also the power of the desks is very different. I can stall a 1200 with the spindle. and the side platter touch, you have to remember to be super light in the 1200's or you can stall it, or really get out of match on your beats.

Both good tables. But the standard is still the 1200's so if i did it all over, I would have went with the 1200's.
DJ GaFFle 10:25 AM - 3 April, 2012
I didn't read the whole thread but have you considered the Denon 3900 or are you strictly looking for TT alternatives?
DJ Guayo 12:43 PM - 3 April, 2012
Quote:
I know this is a old tread but I wanted to toss in my 2cents.

I have owned the same set, got them new when the pdx-2000 came out.

I have had no issues mixing, or doing turn table tricks, scratching etc on them. I have used them ever since, kept in the road ready case for live shows. many DJ's have played on them and they still work like new.

Now to the bad.

I am used to them. The are very different from the standard 1200's. And if you use all the cool toys the 2000's have. when you play on a 1200 you will not have that for your set. Also the power of the desks is very different. I can stall a 1200 with the spindle. and the side platter touch, you have to remember to be super light in the 1200's or you can stall it, or really get out of match on your beats.

Both good tables. But the standard is still the 1200's so if i did it all over, I would have went with the 1200's.

have you tried the stanton 150? i have tried them, to be honest, they are really comparable to the 1200's. the torque is slightly higher, but not that drastic.a friend of mines has them. i still rock 1200s.,
MiguelL 8:07 PM - 4 April, 2012
The first turntables ive ever tried is the stanton str8.150... pretty good turntables if you ask me...very comparable to the tech 1200...
dJ_sIK 7:43 AM - 5 April, 2012
technics dude lol sorry but there is no alternative...
Niro 9:03 AM - 5 April, 2012
The audio technical lp1240 is pretty dope and doesn't cost and arm and a leg. They might be using the OEM as Stanton, but looks way better. I got a chance to play with it earlier today. It was pretty dope. Line, phono and USB output. This might be the 1200 replacement.
PorkyG 1:27 PM - 5 April, 2012
I don't agree that there is no alternative.
Stanton ST-150 or the STR8-150 are phenomenal, the only thing Technics has over them is the test of time. Stanton models listed above are built like tanks & I owned Technics for many, many years before there were any alternatives but that ended when those models I mentioned came into existence.

No fanboy advice here, if you don't want the Technics get the above they have features out the wazoo & so far can take some pretty heavy abuse. Keep in mind though, they're heavy so be sure your DJ table can handle 42lbs per turntable.
Nicky Blunt 1:53 PM - 5 April, 2012
Quote:
technics dude lol sorry but there is no alternative...

+1
SELECT 2:08 PM - 5 April, 2012
You either get the best (Technics) or settle for the rest.. you decide.
Niro 7:19 PM - 5 April, 2012
Yeah, but we have to accept something else sooner or later. Unless Technics decides to get into the game again. But honestly the Audio Technica LP1240 is pretty dope and I have to pairs of the M5G's and 5k's.
Niro 7:20 PM - 5 April, 2012
DJJorel 10:28 PM - 5 April, 2012
Quote:
Yeah, but we have to accept something else sooner or later. Unless Technics decides to get into the game again. But honestly the Audio Technica LP1240 is pretty dope and I have to pairs of the M5G's and 5k's.

The good thing about 1200s being on the market for so long while basically remaining the same is that parts should be available for the next 20 years. And you should be able to land a decent used pair for the next 10....
DJJorel 10:29 PM - 5 April, 2012
...and before that happens, someone out there may develop aftermarket parts for 1200s...
NM3 2:36 AM - 6 April, 2012
Technics will probably be around forever, assuming these repair shops never go out of business.
L2daGee 2:57 AM - 6 April, 2012
Technics 1210s are a great alternative to 1200s.
dJ_sIK 8:22 AM - 5 May, 2012
wow those audio technicas look kinda nice, but who knows how theyl handle, and yes stanton str8 150's are ok also, i used to own those years ago...
NANOGRAM 10:06 PM - 29 November, 2015
Quote:
Quote:

+1000 on that

I just got my stepson a pair on craigslist for $250 for both.

You got them for so cheap! I found a MK5 for around 600 a pair, but I am worried that It would be a scam. Any tips on what to look out for and what steps I should take to make more sure of its authenticity?
deezlee 10:08 PM - 30 November, 2015
i've never seen a "fake" tech but you should study up on how to check the condition of the tonearm and check for platter wobble
DJ Marv the Maverick 4:21 PM - 1 December, 2015
You guys in the states are very lucky with craiglist lol. Here in Europe used Tech's are going for the price of a mortgage and a kidney.

I remember trying to buy I ended up with a brand new pair of Stanton's ST150 instead, 5 years and still in gold nick.
Discobee 7:42 AM - 7 December, 2015
Reloop RP7000 all day.
thorissr 3:45 PM - 7 December, 2015
Quote:
Reloop RP7000 all day.

or the Reloop 8000's you can't go wrong
PopRoXxX 6:12 PM - 7 December, 2015
Quote:
Quote:
Reloop RP7000 all day.

or the Reloop 8000's you can't go wrong

Amazing decks! Kicks the Pio's out of the water easily