DJing Discussion

This area is for discussion about DJing in general. Please remember the community rules when posting and try to be polite and inclusive.

lpd8 users

fcukthedj 8:01 AM - 4 January, 2011
I'm just starting to configure my lpd8 - I'm just curious to what you guys to feel the most efficient setups are
djbanno 9:32 AM - 4 January, 2011
Scene 1 - Library management
Scene 2 - FX
Scene 3 - Loops/loop roll
Scene 4 - SP6
Mostly using mine for FX as i mainly play EDM.
Sureshot (PA) 4:41 PM - 4 January, 2011
i just use mine for FX. outer pads assign decks. inner pads engage effects. first 4 knobs tweak teffects. three knobs unassigned. last knob controls sampler volume.
BERTO 5:00 PM - 4 January, 2011
scene 1 library scroll/load a/b
scene 2 effects
scene 3 auto loops
scene 4 manual loop in loop out loop on/off
Wazo 7:45 PM - 4 January, 2011
cue points??
BERTO 7:48 PM - 4 January, 2011
Quote:
cue points??

no cue points for me i have been spinning less planned sets i just go with the flow
Wazo 7:51 PM - 4 January, 2011
i see. i would use one bank for cue points. my Kord pad went to shit and i havent replaced it yet. this is on my list, but im in no rush. keyboard is fine for now.
BERTO 7:54 PM - 4 January, 2011
i like the LPD8 its super solid compared to korg nano series. i just wish SSL had midi out so i can keep the LPD8 lights on
DJSHARK 8:28 PM - 4 January, 2011
I have a lpd8 and I cant figure out how to do scenes.
BERTO 8:47 PM - 4 January, 2011
Quote:

you hit program then pad one for scene one and so on and so forth
Wazo 9:12 PM - 4 January, 2011
Quote:

what have you been doing? just the one setup? my buddy had the same problem when he got his.

you essentially have 4 pads in one.
dj_soo 9:13 PM - 4 January, 2011
Quote:
i just use mine for FX. outer pads assign decks. inner pads engage effects. first 4 knobs tweak teffects. three knobs unassigned. last knob controls sampler volume.

try assigning those unused knobs to the loop length selector and some pads to the loop roll. fun as hell to start banging out on the loop roll while changing the length...
Sureshot (PA) 9:15 PM - 4 January, 2011
Quote:

try assigning those unused knobs to the loop length selector and some pads to the loop roll. fun as hell to start banging out on the loop roll while changing the length...

solid tip but i use Dicers too and they handle that. i have also only been using the one scene, i might program a second for the SP6.
DJSHARK 3:46 AM - 6 January, 2011
Thanks for the tip I also use the denon 1000s midi for a the normal stuff.I use the lpd8 just for effects but now I will get more out of it.
djbanno 4:05 AM - 6 January, 2011
Quote:
i like the LPD8 its super solid compared to korg nano series. i just wish SSL had midi out so i can keep the LPD8 lights on

+1
DJN1X0N 9:04 PM - 6 January, 2011
Cue points for the pads, DJFX for most nobs, Library scrolls for the other nobs.
fcukthedj 10:14 AM - 7 January, 2011
Does anyone know if it's possible to assign a cc value to something across the board?? So if I change the bank and hit cc the same thing will be controlled?

Thanks
BERTO 3:26 PM - 7 January, 2011
Quote:
Does anyone know if it's possible to assign a cc value to something across the board?? So if I change the bank and hit cc the same thing will be controlled?

Thanks

i believe if you change the CC number into the editor as the same value for each scene it would work
so lets say pad 1 is CC1 then scene 2 pad one gets chaged to cc1 and scene 3 pad 1 cc1 ect it should work
fcukthedj 12:09 AM - 8 January, 2011
That's what I tried originally. I think it doesn't work because each program is on a different midi channel?