DJing Discussion

This area is for discussion about DJing in general. Please remember the community rules when posting and try to be polite and inclusive.

Worksessions VS mymp3pool????????

Steve_Dub 1:31 AM - 12 May, 2007
Been a member of worksessions for about a year now and never had a problem with it. I stumbled across mymp3pool and they seem to have a few mash-ups and dj friendly edits. Worksessions is just singles, anyone have anything to add to mymp3pool. Im thinking I would be getting more for my money over there even though they are charging twice as much as worksessions.

Give me some feedback fellas.
lvmez 1:41 AM - 12 May, 2007
sorry i don't know much about mymp3pool, but have you tried djcity.com. they have some good mash ups and remixes. give them a look. good luck.
RecordandStks 2:01 AM - 12 May, 2007
I have Worksessions myself, its ok to me. what I like about them is that their files come into instrumentals, acapellas and some times remixes. I just checked mymp3pool.com and daaaaym, they charge $39 a month. $20-25 is cool, but I dont know about 39, they better have some good guality ish...
Steve_Dub 4:02 PM - 12 May, 2007
exactly, and djcity is around the same too, I've looked at dj city and they dont seem to have that many mash up or dj edits and I could use those sometimes.
SF_JTRIX 1:46 AM - 13 May, 2007
Just curious, does anyone know who runs or has a hand in MyMp3Pool.com?
nickel 10:09 AM - 13 May, 2007
Quote:
Just curious, does anyone know who runs or has a hand in MyMp3Pool.com?

Dj Delvin from the I.E.
DJ Tronzo 3:38 AM - 24 May, 2007
I have Worksessions and its $20 a month, so $40 a month from mymp3pool would be too much.

But I know price isn't the only factor.

Maybe try calling each pool and see who really deserves your business?
citi 6:52 PM - 27 June, 2008
fyi - I just found that mp3pool site. The price is now 19.95. Right now I am with 8thwonderpromos.com but they deal mostly in remixes. They are getting better though with the addition of videos. I only stay with them because I am grandfathered in at 9.95.
Alex Dreamz 4:36 AM - 28 June, 2008
I like mymp3pool....they're all good. depends on what your looking for, but then again, i kinda go crazy w/ everything. lol, i have my12inch.com, djcity.com, directmusicservice.com, then i go crazy on crooklyn clan, crack4djs, yourremix, beatport, beatsource lots of good stuff everywhere. u just gotta keep looking
iRockCrowds 4:49 AM - 28 June, 2008
my thoughts on worksessions:

I use worksessions in conjuction with djcity as well as a few other pools to fill in the blanks (dms and 8th wonder).

I'm a down south dj and worksessions supplies most of the downsouth underground stuff. I like worksessions alot and all but unless you like alot of down south stuff I would go djcity instead of worksessions.
DJ LTIZZZLE 6:10 AM - 28 June, 2008
Quote:
I have Worksessions myself, its ok to me. what I like about them is that their files come into instrumentals, acapellas and some times remixes. I just checked mymp3pool.com and daaaaym, they charge $39 a month. $20-25 is cool, but I dont know about 39, they better have some good guality ish...

Not true about the $39 charge. Once you join they only charge $19 a month. I like Mymp3pool alot. They are way more current than worksessions. my 2cents
dj buterd hams 10:23 PM - 28 June, 2008
dam if your looking for new stuff go to http:/breakthecrates.com they droop anything on the radio plus more. Got production samples. Phraes to scratch and remix .check it its like 45a month but cheaper if you buy more months up front .
DJ LTIZZZLE 9:36 AM - 29 June, 2008
@Buterd hams. Good looking out
djhotstyle 6:56 PM - 30 June, 2008
YEAH!! mymp3pool.com is real nice. I use that a lot. They had katy perry i kissed a girl before i saw it on any other site. They are also real good on keeping up with house and electro stuff. I think that is probably the best mp3pool site on the web right now. Only thing is... my penis has been hurting lately. when i pee it feels like a sharp blade runing thru my penis. but i like that feeling. so back to mymp3pool they are really great with putting music up quick. i love the fact they have intros on all the hot stuff. my 5 cents..
JonnyBlazeEcu 12:26 AM - 1 July, 2008
whhhhhy is worksessions ALWAYS so behind? I always find out about new tracks then 7 days later they show up on worksessions... I get frustrated sometimes.... other than that, its great.
djP-ownz 2:24 AM - 17 July, 2008
anyone mp3pool account share with me?
E-mail me..
i have good stuff

djpownz@yahoo.co.kr
Alex Dreamz 5:18 AM - 17 July, 2008
cool kids don't do that. lol
Alex Dreamz 5:20 AM - 17 July, 2008
don't be so cheap. I used to spend like $100 on records a week. Can't spend $40?
Alex Dreamz 5:20 AM - 17 July, 2008
*Can't spend $40 a month?
DJ LTIZZZLE 6:18 AM - 17 July, 2008
actually mymp3pool is only 19 bones. Damn P-ownz you ain't got 19 bones ;-)
eye357 10:17 PM - 18 July, 2008
Quote:
fyi - I just found that mp3pool site. The price is now 19.95. Right now I am with 8thwonderpromos.com but they deal mostly in remixes. They are getting better though with the addition of videos. I only stay with them because I am grandfathered in at 9.95.

8thwonderpromos,co is still 9.95 a month for everyone and now they are dropping singles like crazy, so yeah u get remixes and the video section is hot and the cheapest out there, but shop around, i am signed up with a few cause i like to stay
open with different styles of video remixes but all my singles are from 8thwonderpromos for 9.95.
a DJ 3:25 AM - 19 July, 2008
I'm leaving 8thwonderpromos for mymp3pool.

The only thing I'll miss is the old school hits (not as many on mymp3pool, and every once in a while they add some on 8thwonder). But I was always buying them anyway, then they would pop up on 8thwonder which would only make me mad I wasted money lol. And the full albums on 8thwonder. However I question the legality of the albums and the old school hits.

The main reason I'm switching is because 8thwonder almost never has all the different versions of a song. I'd say every 1 in 10 songs has all the versions that were released. I know they were released too, because you'll see them on other sites. I was lucky to fill in the holes with free sites like 1200squad and hottwax, but that only works for the more popular songs, and it gets annoying.

One thing is that I doubt the quality of the songs on mymp3pool. I don't see why they would encode them upwards, but I'm pretty sure they do because some songs sound pretty bad for such a high quality MP3. Comparing them to my other lower quality version, it sounds the same. For example, Turf Drop by E-40. I don't really mind, since I'm sure there's not a higher quality version if they don't release it, but I don't think they should encode it upwards just to uphold their "256 and up" claim. It just makes it sound worse.

Other than that I like it a lot more than 8thwonder, plus there are a lot more songs with intros done for them.
DJ LTIZZZLE 3:48 AM - 19 July, 2008
the quality of the mp3's on Mymp3pool are good to go. I've been with them for a while. No issues over here.. Good move IMO
eye357 7:20 AM - 19 July, 2008
Yeah "A DJ" I get upset too u want a song its not on a site, u buy it then it pops up. But I just keep several memberships, nowadays its cheap enough to do so. I mean mymp3pool, 8thwonderpromos and promo only hell, i am still under a 100 a month. so i stick with 3 sometimes 4. i drop one i usual go back so why drop one when its still so cheap to keep a few memberships. hell i used to spend hundreds of hundreds on record pools when wax was out...God those record crates were heavy!!!!! but i do like 8thwonderpromos.com videos best out there 4 price
DJ LTIZZZLE 10:27 AM - 19 July, 2008
I might need to check 8thwonder out.
DJ LTIZZZLE 10:29 AM - 19 July, 2008
I flip between
1. mymp3pool
2. digiwaxx
3.Greenhitz
4. Exclusivegrooves
5. Newmusicserver (radio shit)
6. bumsquad

Between those i'm good to go. If all else fails i'll rip it right off Xm radio and encode it to sound proper.
a DJ 8:11 PM - 19 July, 2008
^ I thought newmusicserver was only for radio DJs.

Quote:
Yeah "A DJ" I get upset too u want a song its not on a site, u buy it then it pops up. But I just keep several memberships, nowadays its cheap enough to do so. I mean mymp3pool, 8thwonderpromos and promo only hell, i am still under a 100 a month. so i stick with 3 sometimes 4. i drop one i usual go back so why drop one when its still so cheap to keep a few memberships. hell i used to spend hundreds of hundreds on record pools when wax was out...God those record crates were heavy!!!!! but i do like 8thwonderpromos.com videos best out there 4 price

I was thinking about that, and yeah I noticed 8thwonder does have a lot more music than mymp3pool, but a lot of it I never even download. Plus I rather have something consistant with the different version than have way more songs than I'll ever listen to.

I might join 8thwonder again, but for right now I'm gonna cancel it. Summer has been slow, even though I have a few gigs coming up.

True, a lot cheaper than wax, which I still buy lol, but just not for the latest songs.
john blaze 9:02 PM - 19 July, 2008
Quote:
Steve Dub

BANNED!!

when i saw this just now i was like "he got banned again? what did miss?" lol.
DJ Sniffles 9:50 PM - 19 July, 2008
if you had to choose between djcity and mymp3pool.com what would it be?
DJ Art Pumpin Payne 12:32 AM - 20 July, 2008
Quote:

@ eye357 & LTIZZZLE - next time you all are flipping pools, try www.idjpool.com at least once (no ban). usually has everything all in one place at high quality bitrate.

A lot of cats are sleeping on it, rate may be going up to $30 per month (from $25), but if you inquire now and join later on, you may get the $25 rate.
Alex Dreamz 3:27 AM - 20 July, 2008
just came to mind....

It's funny how most of the dj's that are on other forums "leeching" downloads and complaining how expensive things are this and that...blah, blah, those are the same djs' that are doing 5 hr gigs for like $100.

you get what u put in homies. what goes around comes around...

also.....

SNIFFLES.

If i absolutely had to chose (i love both of them for different reasons, u should get both!)

ummmmmmmmmmmmm.....i have to say i visit/use djcity a lil' more the mymp3. (but mymp3 doesn't put up so much filler stuff)

but overall my favorite is direct music service.

like i've mentioned before,

I use mymp3pool, djcity, my12inch, & dms.

(as well as crooklyn, crack4djs.net, beatport, beatsource, yourremix.com)

the more the merrier. expand your horizons. take it all in. lol

but
Alex Dreamz 3:28 AM - 20 July, 2008
yo Dub. Stop getting banned homie!
eye357 2:24 PM - 20 July, 2008
Yeah Alex Dreamz...exactly what i mean... try out different sites be a member to a few because it is affordable especially if one has several dj gigs a week, u stay current and depth with genres of music. and i do check out new sites n will idj out but i stey with a few, it only helps me, I remember running around town to find a latest hit on wax...lol good ol days, now i just check out all my pools. so to be on 8thwonderpromos, mymp3, promo, etc... it only helps, better to have n not need then to need and not have. but i do understand if a dj is only making a few dollars but u got to get your hustle on and land gigs and work. dj gigs just dont create themselves u have to become known within your own circle then u will start getting calls.hell start off with friends and family. 50% of my gigs are friends n family shooting my name to thier friends and extended family. get your hustle on and work will come.:)
Dj Nyce 6:02 PM - 20 July, 2008
per your recommendation alex, i'm trying out mymp3pool.

i'm currently using (in order of content acquired):

cicana
worksessions
raping the internet
mymp3pool
digiwaxx
newmusicserver
whitelabel.net
DJ LTIZZZLE 8:23 AM - 21 July, 2008
@ Alex LOL on the leeching comment. you are so right on that one. I use Mymp3pool. Facts about it Alex i just coped that Eye of the tiger mash up posted on Mymp3pool. Big ups homey.

@ Art i'll check out that link when i get to the room.

And yes newmusicserver is for Radio Dj's.. I Happen to go direct and was approved cause i Dj for the USO here in Iraq and i'm networked with MWR.
TENDER RONI 3:25 AM - 31 March, 2012
MMP is really made for the commerial freakin so called hiphop !... or if you spin electro or house ! please no dub step! MMP needs more selection & also they need more old skool stuff
& underground jointz

WHAT THE HELL HAPPEN TO HIPHOP ???