Serato DJ Pro General Discussion

Talk about Serato DJ Pro, expansion packs and supported hardware

Coffin or independent case for V7?

Dj Norro 5:17 PM - 3 January, 2011
I'm moving to Numark V7's I was thinking about a coffin that fits both V7's and a mixer, but a friend mine told me to buy independent cases for the V7's. What is the best option coffin or case?
kraal 5:25 PM - 3 January, 2011
separate cases are easier to carry.. and if you need to juggle setup around in the booth
Solidsnake 5:41 PM - 3 January, 2011
I've been using a CDJ coffin case and while it is heavier, I love the all in one with the glide for the laptop. However with the rebate for a free case and for ease of transportation I'd probably go with individual, but I've had this cdj case for a while and it works for me for now.
djcsmv 6:35 PM - 3 January, 2011
Quote:
separate cases are easier to carry.. and if you need to juggle setup around in the booth

+1 and I would look into a dolly as well. With a coffin it's a pain to deal with stairs, and sometimes if I just decide to use 1 v7 even less to carry.
DJ Cs 7:31 PM - 3 January, 2011
Thanks, that answered my questions as well. The only plus for a coffin is it is already wired and stays wired. The weight will be more than the NS7 in the flight case...Wow.
Solidsnake 7:37 PM - 3 January, 2011
Yes sir, go individual I'll be doing the same soon but had a coffin CDJ case back when I was using CDs and let me tell you, its nice that it all stays hooked up but my back hates me lol.
djkrazyleo 11:05 PM - 3 January, 2011
+1
chims 10:31 PM - 5 March, 2011
If you don't plan on juggling your setup around and prefer the all ready wired setup, I stuffed my V7 + at 57SL mixer into a NS7 case. Used some hard foam padding inbetween the 2 units as well as to fill in other gaps to keep it from moving during transportation. I hate wiring and rewiring and I don't see myself taking just one unit out for my situations. This works for me.

twitpic.com