Software help archive

A read-only archive of old serato.com help threads.

Vestax vci 300 line fader problem.

Product
ITCH
Version
Hardware
Vestax VCI-300 + Vestax VFX-1
Computer
PC
OS
Platform
-
Infestedpasta 9:48 PM - 29 December, 2010
Product: itch
Version: 1.7.1
Hardware: vestax-vci-300||vestax-vfx-1
Computer: pc
OS Version: xp
---

Okay so I've had my VCI 300 for about 6 months now.

I have this problem, when my right line fader is all the way up at the tippy top and I try to fade in the left channel it fades down the right one as I'm fading in the left. once it reaches the top it completely cuts out the right channel.. Now it only happens when my right fader is all the way up if i knock it down just a smidge it comes back completely. I tried lots of things. Messing with the LF curve, installing an older version of serato, switching USB cables, I also checked to see how much CPU I'm using (About 50 - 75%)

So I'm pretty sure its a hardware problem. It's still under warranty.

My question is, will Vestax be able to fix it? does the warranty cover this kind of thing? And if they can/will how long will it take?

Any help is much appreciated.
Ron M 10:02 PM - 29 December, 2010
Hi Infestedpasta,

Did you try to update the firmware? Please refer this to article to see if this helps. www.serato.com
The manufacturers warranty is covered for a year starting from the date of purchase. Let me know how it goes. Thanks.

Regards,

Ron
fumouno 5:53 PM - 4 January, 2011
im having the same problem...kinda...my rite channel line fader is at its max and it shorts out and drops sound when wiggled...i can find the dead spot when i hold the fader firm to the max positoin or wiggle it left or right...i figured the channels would last a couple years before shorting out and needing to be replaced...what gives?...and is it a coincidence that its my right channel also?
SR_123 10:13 PM - 21 April, 2011
hey i m havig exatly the same problem like Infestedpasta..
the same problem with the right channel when i fade the left one in.
i m pretty sure it cant be a hardware problem. what can i do? does anyone at serato knows about this problem??

pls help me. my warrenty is already over and i need my vci nearly every week!

thx in advance!
Ron M 1:13 AM - 23 April, 2011
Hi Infestedpasta,

I believe it is a midi function issue and I'm afraid it would have to be serviced. Here is a link to our service centers across the U.S. and also a link for our distributor globally. Let me know how the repairs go. Thanks.

Regards,

Ron

help.vestax.co.jp

www.vestax.com
2:00 AM, 7 May 2011
This help request has been closed due to inactivity.