DJing Discussion

This area is for discussion about DJing in general. Please remember the community rules when posting and try to be polite and inclusive.

DENON MC-6000 mapped to SSL w/Vsl internal mode (Video)

raequan 3:56 PM - 23 December, 2010
Hello fellow DJ's got the MC-6000 yesturday got it running in VDJ. I wanted to map the mixer to SSL and this is what i got.

i showed only one side but i mapped both sides. i for got to show the loop in and out and the pitch bend buttons they work also.

here is the vid taken on a flip sorry audio stinks. you guys should get the idea

Watchwww.youtube.com
Rebelguy 6:21 PM - 23 December, 2010
Quote:
Hello fellow DJ's got the MC-6000 yesturday got it running in VDJ. I wanted to map the mixer to SSL and this is what i got.

i showed only one side but i mapped both sides. i for got to show the loop in and out and the pitch bend buttons they work also.

here is the vid taken on a flip sorry audio stinks. you guys should get the idea

Watchwww.youtube.com

Since Denon is never going to be make it able to map the jogwheels in SSL they get an epic fail in my book. Denon...why couldn't you just release something like this for SSL or Itch? Quit wasting time with units like the 2500 and 4500. Put up the money and get the licensing deal.
babooza69 6:50 PM - 23 December, 2010
no jogwheel = fail
DJ Remy USA 6:58 PM - 23 December, 2010
pretty much when I saw they were gonna release that product I was like if its not native to serato/traktor it has no point.....I have not scene a DJ that is not rockin a DVS. Everything should DVS native you know kinda like every on your computer is IEEE standard. Everything should be serato or traktor standard
raequan 9:59 PM - 23 December, 2010
Depending on what country you live in the mc is native to vdj or traktor. I will be trying to map the S4 software to it
raequan 10:03 PM - 23 December, 2010
If the jogwheels worked this would be the best controller out for ssl. This is what the vci should have been
DJSHARK 4:30 AM - 24 December, 2010
Quote:
If the jogwheels worked this would be the best controller out for ssl. This is what the vci should have been

AMEN This is a waste of time if the jogs dont work.
DJMETRALLA 7:43 AM - 8 January, 2011
SERATO should make an update and support the DENON MC-6000 just like they did with DENON HC-4500 it would be the BEST dj software with the best midi controller.
Dj MSB 3:19 PM - 8 January, 2011
Watchwww.youtube.com

Her are the jogwheels working.

That are the XML Code for the MIDI.XML

<Platter type="Denon DN-HC4500" />
<Control name="Platter Control Left" channel="1" event_type="Note On" control="107" key="ctrl" />
<Control name="Platter Control Left" channel="1" event_type="Note On" control="81" />
<Control name="Platter Control Left" channel="1" event_type="Control Change" data_type="Relative Binary Offset" control="81" />
<Control name="Platter Control Right" channel="3" event_type="Note On" control="107" key="ctrl" />
<Control name="Platter Control Right" channel="3" event_type="Note On" control="81" />
<Control name="Platter Control Right" channel="3" event_type="Control Change" data_type="Relative Binary Offset" control="81" />
k-cee 9:38 AM - 15 January, 2011
@DJ MSB.

Nice. What do I need to do get the platters working? I'm not sure how to get the code to work. How is everything working with Live? did you need a sl box to run it?
raequan 3:29 PM - 15 January, 2011
Yes you need the SL1 connected mappout the denon then open your autosave.xml in the midi folder in serato and paste the new mappings. I got it to work. There is a vid hereth at I postes in another thread
raequan 3:30 PM - 15 January, 2011
There is a vid of the platters working
daveyg1980 8:10 AM - 18 January, 2011
I have the code for the platters above, But when i open my autosave xml on serato it does not let me paste. Its just opens up an internet file saying <midi> and thats it. Does not let me put anything into it.

Do i need certain software to do this??

I have ssl3

Be good if someone can copy paste a pic to explain how its done....

Cheers
raequan 5:46 PM - 18 January, 2011
are you using 2.2.....look at this

should give you a guide line on how to get to your midi folder

Watchwww.youtube.com
raequan 5:47 PM - 18 January, 2011
i have a Mac and you can edit your xml file.
daveyg1980 8:04 AM - 19 January, 2011
I am able to paste the code into autosave but it wont save it.

How do i make it save?

Cheers
T-troniC 12:11 AM - 25 January, 2011
You guys think it would be possible to map a Kontrol S4 to SSL??????
raequan 12:55 AM - 25 January, 2011
Konix mapped it. but i think you still have to run traktor in the background

ask Konix
Maskrider 1:16 AM - 25 January, 2011
Quote:
SERATO should make an update and support the DENON MC-6000 just like they did with DENON HC-4500 it would be the BEST dj software with the best midi controller.

Patience is virtue.......Hopefully in the near future since more in more people are using controllers now......i would be tempted to buy this since I have SL1.

This might be in conflict with there TTM57sl just saying........Fingers crossed.
J.J. 5:22 PM - 25 January, 2011
For the S4, you don't have to run Traktor in the background. You have to open NI Controller Editor and change the Jog Wheel to Relative.

@T-troniC

Watchwww.youtube.com