DJing Discussion

This area is for discussion about DJing in general. Please remember the community rules when posting and try to be polite and inclusive.

How big do ya'll think QTrax will become and how fast do ya'll think it will grow?

dja_one 2:10 PM - 30 April, 2007
I found this and was amazed. This was annouced last week...QTrax.com will be the first free "LEGAL" P2P file sharing site. With music catalogues provided by the biggest music distributors in the world... This is the press release I found on the site. What do ya'll think...?

About Brilliant Technologies Corporation

Brilliant Technologies Corporation is a technology holding company devoted to research and development leading to commercialization of innovative, proprietary technologies. Through its subsidiary, LTDnetwork, Inc., the Company owns a range of cutting edge proprietary software designed to facilitate and enhance ecommerce.

The Company is currently preparing for the launch of Qtrax, the company's innovative P2P file-sharing service, and has already signed deals with Universal, Sony/ATV, Warner Music Group, The Orchard, EMI Music Publishing and EMI Music, TVT Records, Go Digital, ASCAP and BMI. The Company is based in New York, New York and Melbourne, Australia.

For more information about Brilliant go to www.ltdnetwork.com and about Qtrax go to www.qtrax.com.
Jay Ru 2:21 PM - 30 April, 2007
looks promising!!!!!!!!
Boogie Down Martin 2:35 PM - 30 April, 2007
Looks like the tracks are copy protected and you need their media player to listen to them.
dja_one 3:00 PM - 30 April, 2007
Quote:
Looks like the tracks are copy protected and you need their media player to listen to them.

Actually that isn't true. It is going to be setup were a .mp3, .wma, and .mpq(qtrax format for there player) can be shared. I don't remember the exact numbers but this other article I was reading this weekend was saying that unprotected files could be purchased like itunes (.79-.99) and those files would be able to be shared upto a certain amount of times (I believe they said 25x's) For example...I can buy a clean .mp3 version of Eve - Tamborine and then I could allow it to be shared upto 25 times without anyone having to purchase a license for it. But the 26th person to download it would have to buy the license. I don't remember the exact number. There is alot of articles on it.that explains alot of the details.
DJ GaFFle 3:11 PM - 30 April, 2007
Quote:
Quote:

Actually that isn't true. It is going to be setup were a .mp3, .wma, and .mpq(qtrax format for there player) can be shared. I don't remember the exact numbers but this other article I was reading this weekend was saying that unprotected files could be purchased like itunes (.79-.99) and those files would be able to be shared upto a certain amount of times (I believe they said 25x's) For example...I can buy a clean .mp3 version of Eve - Tamborine and then I could allow it to be shared upto 25 times without anyone having to purchase a license for it. But the 26th person to download it would have to buy the license. I don't remember the exact number. There is alot of articles on it.that explains alot of the details.

How can they add they sort of functionality to an .mp3 file (based on number of times shared)? I wonder if that can easily be removed or stripped from the file.
dja_one 3:16 PM - 30 April, 2007
The guy that started qtrax.com is a smart ass business man. He actually started his company 5 yrs ago and was pretty big in Australia. When the record companies started to talk about going after music pirates he decided to close the site down and go after the companies pramition after the lost the battle. He was counting on the music business to lose the battle and then he would have a platform to pitch to them. He said his whole plan was to develope a good faith relationship with the companies and hoped that would translate into a willingness to do business with him later after the smoke cleared. GENIUS and Patient.

The article said he didn't plan on so many companies/sites to still do it illegally for so many years. He was hoping that by doing what he did that would give him a chance to "SHARE" with the other sites. But it turned out that there is no other sites to share with because they didn't stop like him and burned their bridge initially with the record companies. GEIUS, Patient and soon to be very very wealth!!!
dj cubicle 3:19 PM - 30 April, 2007
(this thread is starting to smell funny)
Nicky Blunt 4:00 PM - 30 April, 2007
Quote:

If thats not the case then this site will be dope!