DJing Discussion

This area is for discussion about DJing in general. Please remember the community rules when posting and try to be polite and inclusive.

The Bridge for Itch

LukasDee 12:53 PM - 13 December, 2010
Hello.
My question is basically simple.
When or if The Bridge on the software will itch?
Sorry for my English:)
ErikBreuker 9:35 AM - 18 December, 2010
I wanted to post the same question. As an Ableton 8 user and Numark NS7 I cannot wait to start with The Bridge on Itch....Will it be available?
Dj Ace 6:10 PM - 18 December, 2010
yes it been confirmed numerous times that the bridge WILL be itch compatible
salsamuffin 10:38 AM - 25 December, 2010
yes i'm waiting for the same thing, does anybody know when it will be available?
MrH 11:23 PM - 26 December, 2010
It will be available Jan 2011.
LukasDee 11:52 PM - 26 December, 2010
year 2011 is 365 days.
I know that in 2011
I am interested in more specific information
Dj Ace 6:28 AM - 27 December, 2010
he said Jan 2011 sound pretty specific right?
LukasDee 6:40 AM - 27 December, 2010
sorry I looked bad
Audioquest 1:01 AM - 5 January, 2011
Am so looking forward to this. Purchased a Launchpad to trigger Ableton specifically to go with VCI-300 and Bridge 6 months ago. Here's hoping all is on track.
Dj Ace 4:15 AM - 5 January, 2011
;)
DJ Splat 10:24 PM - 5 January, 2011
Just brought this topic up on Serato HQ page on facebook. Serato HQ responded w/ 2011 no specifics. When I said it had been discussed on the forum as being released in Jan 2011, they responded by asking if it was Serato personel that had said Jan 2011, if not it probably wasn't acurate. I hope you have the inside source there MrH cause I like your answer better than theirs. I wanna buy live 8 but not until I see integration with Itch more than just a pipe dream. 2011 could mean Dec. 2011. Any response from Serato on this topic would be greatly appreciated!
Audioquest 11:01 PM - 5 January, 2011
Yes, please Serato :) Anyone? I saw Jan quoted somewhere else as well. Rather it was stable than rushed, patiently waiting, eager with anticipation.
Cerebrix 8:41 AM - 6 January, 2011
If they dont have it out at namm then something is seriously broken in new zealand.

especially considering they had ableton launching inside 12 months ago......

Watchwww.youtube.com

Watchwww.youtube.com
Audioquest 10:06 AM - 6 January, 2011
Got a mate here with another VCI-300 (that's 2). I've got the FX plus Novation Launchpad as stated earlier, got the latest version of Ableton & Itch running. The Bridge will allow us to reach new levels unseen. Assist us and watch the Bridge become... the ONLY way to fly.
Dj Ace 8:40 PM - 6 January, 2011
Quote:
Yes, please Serato :) Anyone? I saw Jan quoted somewhere else as well. Rather it was stable than rushed, patiently waiting, eager with anticipation.

none of us would be happy with a rushed piece of crap like other software companies out there...give them time guys its coming!
Cerebrix 9:35 PM - 6 January, 2011
Quote:

none of us would be happy with a rushed piece of crap like other software companies out there...give them time guys its coming!

you think a year isnt enough time?
Dj Ace 9:39 PM - 6 January, 2011
most other companies been around a lot longer than a year and still dont have there software right
Cerebrix 9:42 PM - 6 January, 2011
Quote:
most other companies been around a lot longer than a year and still dont have there software right

*citation needed*
Dj Ace 9:46 PM - 6 January, 2011
try them and see
Dj Ace 9:47 PM - 6 January, 2011
serato/rane is going to make sure things are right then release, what benefit is it for them to hold back features?
Dj Ace 9:48 PM - 6 January, 2011
namm is right around the corner be patient you never know?
Cerebrix 9:59 PM - 6 January, 2011
My point is this. It's like the iphone 4 or webcams on an ipad. EVERYONE knows its coming. So just talk about it, keep your customers informed. When theres video proof out there already (see my links posted above). just talk about it. rather than doing the whole, passive aggresive non commital corporate double speak routine. people like myself (see how i took ownership of that statement?) find that version of customer service and interactivity rather insulting.
Dj Ace 10:05 PM - 6 January, 2011
coz if you tell people its coming and production gets held up for any reason, bugs, etc people are angry and post messages like this! when its here it is here...find solutions in the meantime that are available NOW then when the new tech is ready go for it!
Dj Ace 10:07 PM - 6 January, 2011
if you were them then what would you do...release have assed software, are just tell customers to bear with us until we get it right? For example people were so anxious for the the rane 68 that rane decided to release it before the scratchlive software was 100 percent on point and if you want to see what people said check out the rane 68 thread!
Dj Ace 10:11 PM - 6 January, 2011
now the 68 and scratchlive software are almost 100 percent almost 6-12 months later and now the rane 68 (the most awesome mixer ever) get negative pub daily! lets wait aight? if it is a major selling point of your business, then buy scratch live (or other solution if it exist) and use it today! I am just like you and want the lasted and greatest but i can see it from both sides!
Cerebrix 10:39 PM - 6 January, 2011
youre kind of defensive
Audioquest 10:24 PM - 13 January, 2011
It is a great source of comfort to know the Bridge is compatible with VCI and on the horizon. Some are looking to jump ship towards Traktor S4 to get 4 decks, etc. plus there are other new controller options of course. I'm suggesting they wait. There is a revolution coming :)
Evon 11:39 AM - 14 January, 2011
Quote:
It is a great source of comfort to know the Bridge is compatible with VCI and on the horizon. Some are looking to jump ship towards Traktor S4 to get 4 decks, etc. plus there are other new controller options of course. I'm suggesting they wait. There is a revolution coming :)

My experience with the bridge so far is that it's not going to be the revolution that I thought it was. From what I've seen on the demo videos Traktor S4 has implemented key features in a much better way than the bridge has. You can't handle as many samples as ableton but yet again you don't need to deal with 2 different libraries, alt tab to switch between programs and warp songs in 2 different programs.
If you are familiar with ableton and been djing with it before maybe you have better experiences with it, but then again you would probably only use ableton and leave Serato alone.
Looking forward for future uppdates of the bridge and x my fingers that it will be more userfriendly.
Audioquest 11:08 PM - 14 January, 2011
... and now we have the release of the Numark NS6, Pioneer DDJ-T1 & DDJ-S1. Rather large but they look good. By the time they roll out the Bridge should be available to all.

I see your point Evon. I don't really DJ with Ableton (yet), I've got it going nicely to build sequences or mixes (and tracks). I mostly want to trigger samples, one shots and loops in the mix, but might also like to play a sequenced mix, with cue-points breaks & break-downs built in, to then be able scratch or sample over the top with the VCI, or mix tunes directly, going back and forth at will.

Lots of preparation involved to get to that stage of course.
Recording all of your mix movements live for later editing is a key feature also.

As an owner of both programs the VCI is good with FX, but it's only two tracks. You don't really need "S4" (cool as it looks), Ableton or the Bridge as the 3rd track is what us VCI/Live owners are after.

Here's to options and flexibility in a user friendly environment.
Xtianw 3:38 AM - 17 January, 2011
another thing to remember guys.

2 teams at serato. one for ssl and one for itch.

that also puts twice the workload on ableton as they also do a lot of work on the bridge as well.

just something to think about.

but theyre working on it, its coming. we know that much for sure.

hang in there party people
Coneman Sid 3:06 AM - 21 January, 2011
Cant wait for The Bridge for Itch, i have been spending alot of time on Ableton to learn the ins and outs of it and really love it, but i do prefer to DJ with Itch. So i cant wait to DJ on Itch and add extra percussion and FX on Ableton, you cant beat sidechaining FX and risers in Ableton.
The Bridge for Itch is gonna be a whole new ball game for all of us !
Cowboy Haze 3:08 AM - 25 January, 2011
What's the deal, company reps? We were told Jan 2011 was the window, via multiple sources; now NAMM has come and gone with hardly a passing mention of this new functionality and the month is almost over. If a January release is no longer viable, then please at least give us an updated window. I've been quiet and patient for the last year, throw me a friggin' bone here
Xtianw 4:36 AM - 25 January, 2011
Quote:
What's the deal, company reps? We were told Jan 2011 was the window, via multiple sources; now NAMM has come and gone with hardly a passing mention of this new functionality and the month is almost over. If a January release is no longer viable, then please at least give us an updated window. I've been quiet and patient for the last year, throw me a friggin' bone here

I konw its being worked on. but realize there is also a bit of strategy that needs to be at play here now. My sources tell me the next version of traktor pro is also in the next 30 days. im relatively certain we share some of the same sources on that information.

its coming, im told ableton is still working on some things. dont forget, its a joint project.
d.j. ripperrip 7:42 PM - 6 February, 2011
man they need to get it together my equipment is going to be outdated by the time they bridge itch, ns7 and apc40 its a shame i cant used them together yet.WHAT THE HELL its easy when it comes to taking our money but to get help around here is a sad situation
Cowboy Haze 9:08 PM - 6 February, 2011
Quote:
man they need to get it together my equipment is going to be outdated by the time they bridge itch, ns7 and apc40 its a shame i cant used them together yet.WHAT THE HELL its easy when it comes to taking our money but to get help around here is a sad situation

Dude I hear ya, I've had my NS7 for a minute now but just picked up my APC this past weekend... I fully understand that this is a two-pronged project and I'm not blaming the Serato side any more than Ableton. I'm just irked that we were told definitively *JAN 2011*, and now they're either completely silent or acting like it could be ANYTIME this year. Not a good customer service model, especially when your core products sell for hundreds of dollars. I'd really hate to lose my scratch functionality but if the fellas don't get their act together this month, I may have to pawn my NS7 before too long.
The Funky Bunch 8:52 AM - 18 February, 2011
I'm anxious for this release as well.

The sync function in Itch is not perfect. But when it works, and when I think about what it "could" be with the upcoming Ableton partnership, I get chills.

Basically, I want to shove Ableton inside of Itch. I want the Itch interface with Ableton warp makers and effects (including EQ as an effect). The Ableton Transport Control could still exist. I think many would prefer it for mixing short loops and samples. But for my Serato tracks I just need the warp markers. Programmers, don't even worry about the effects for now! Just please please please replace the Beatgrid with Abelton Warping. Outside of that, it can only get better. But I think the Beatgrid/Warping issue is a major concern for many Itch/Ableton Jockies. IAJ's, hey I made up a new word!

Also, I'd like to express how exciting it is to be part of a community that is on the leading edge of DJ'ing. It's exciting to have this controller, and know that with time it'll get better. The Bridge isn't here but it's coming! And after its release another update will follow, and another and so on.
Dsccv 1:26 PM - 25 February, 2011
Please Please--- Sort out your Beatgridding more detailed and better warping
Bridge and itch will be veruy cool !!! Any news yet
Evon 10:53 AM - 26 February, 2011
Quote:
Please Please--- Sort out your Beatgridding more detailed and better warping
Bridge and itch will be veruy cool !!! Any news yet

If you own ableton now. I suggest you start warping library so it is finished till the bridge arrives for itch. I've been warping songs for 2 weeks now. Progbably got 5 more weeks before my library is ready. I can actually hear the ableton metronome in my sleep.
LukasDee 7:04 PM - 4 March, 2011
See the bridge like a pig saddle...
My APC40 lies and a dusting
d.j. ripperrip 10:45 PM - 20 March, 2011
Quote:
See the bridge like a pig saddle...
My APC40 lies and a dusting

Right now i have it plugged into the aux in front of my ns7 but its not perfect .But i use the apc40 great if you warp your songs but you can warp on the fly as long as you songs are close in bpm.
d.j. ripperrip 10:52 PM - 20 March, 2011
Quote:

The sync function in Itch is not perfect. But when it works, and when I think about what it "could" be with the upcoming Ableton partnership, I get chills.

Basically, I want to shove Ableton inside of Itch. I want the Itch interface with Ableton warp makers and effects (including EQ as an effect). The Ableton Transport Control could still exist. I think many would prefer it for mixing short loops and samples. But for my Serato tracks I just need the warp markers. Programmers, don't even worry about the effects for now! Just please please please replace the Beatgrid with Abelton Warping. Outside of that, it can only get better. But I think the Beatgrid/Warping issue is a major concern for many Itch/Ableton Jockies. IAJ's, hey I made up a new word!

Also, I'd like to express how exciting it is to be part of a community that is on the leading edge of DJ'ing. It's exciting to have this controller, and know that with time it'll get better. The Bridge isn't here but it's coming! And after its release another update will follow, and another and so on.

wishful thinking if it was up to me or if i had the loot i would sell what i have and get scratch since they have it already and they are number 1 on serato's list.
nitgritz 2:48 AM - 26 March, 2011
Ok so since September 2010, I've been hearing that us ITCH users will be getting access to The Bridge, it is now basically April of 2011 and we have no word. It's very frustrating that we bought into ITCH being a the new Final Crap Live, and shelled out way more money for superior hardware, my feeling was Scracth Live was going to be phased out and Itch would be ported to people with Scratch Live hardware (Rane, and theres some Denon controller, and I believe now a lot of small shitty controller DJ things are Scratch live compatible idk, I just use the tired old Rane stuff that most of the clubs have, problem is most of the clubs have shit for needles, 1200 that are 20 years old with totally worn down motors, and usually bad quartz so if you listen closely your pitch is minority warbling) Instead new Rane Serato Scratch hardware is released, that sons a lot better, and you keep developing Scratch Live,you even give them free effects albeit, no external controller like my DX-7, but the fats are we all followed what seemed to be Serato's direction, why develop a Superior version of Final Srcatch, if it wouldn't at some point implement it. Port it over for free to replace Scratch live, and MAKE THE BRIDGE FOR ITCH> it's obvious the user's who bought Itch and say a DX system obvious wanted more creative options, and most likely were technically more advanced that the club DJ using his free copy of Scratch live on his shit Dell laptop and the clubs Rane hardware. I believe it will come out for Itch in version 1.8 with all my hope and heart, I really hope that's why beatgrid was implemented in 1.7/1.7.1 ITCH hopefully it has to do with connecting to Ableton and syncing your tracks, with warped tracks/loops in Live. I am just mad thetas Itch users that have paid a higher amount for "Superior" software get shafted, 1 by not having built in midi mappable effects,and that we must buy a special $200 controller, and we also have to wait longer for THE BRIDGE. My advice serrate, is to make Itch and the ASbleton's Bridge interface better, or more powerful, give it something that Scratch Live Users don't have, you gave them free effects when we had to pay for them right? If you don't I like many Itch/ DX users might sell our gear before it's worthless and jumpship totally to NI and Tractor (have you seen new Traktor Pro and it's Flagship Contoller interface, even their hardware and control media systems (Vinyl or CD-J controller's) tractor 10/in and Out sound total interface with my old 1200's would save me a dent amount of money I think. Don't lose your most dedicated supporters that believed in your new product and hoped on bored, it's a bad business plan believe me. Look a what happened to Cubase.
Dj Ace 6:24 AM - 26 March, 2011
shut up and wait...LOL
Dj Ace 6:24 AM - 26 March, 2011
jk...
Evon 1:38 PM - 26 March, 2011
Quote:
Ok so since September 2010, I've been hearing that us ITCH users will be getting access to The Bridge, it is now basically April of 2011 and we have no word. It's very frustrating that we bought into ITCH being a the new Final Crap Live, and shelled out way more money for superior hardware, my feeling was Scracth Live was going to be phased out and Itch would be ported to people with Scratch Live hardware (Rane, and theres some Denon controller, and I believe now a lot of small shitty controller DJ things are Scratch live compatible idk, I just use the tired old Rane stuff that most of the clubs have, problem is most of the clubs have shit for needles, 1200 that are 20 years old with totally worn down motors, and usually bad quartz so if you listen closely your pitch is minority warbling) Instead new Rane Serato Scratch hardware is released, that sons a lot better, and you keep developing Scratch Live,you even give them free effects albeit, no external controller like my DX-7, but the fats are we all followed what seemed to be Serato's direction, why develop a Superior version of Final Srcatch, if it wouldn't at some point implement it. Port it over for free to replace Scratch live, and MAKE THE BRIDGE FOR ITCH> it's obvious the user's who bought Itch and say a DX system obvious wanted more creative options, and most likely were technically more advanced that the club DJ using his free copy of Scratch live on his shit Dell laptop and the clubs Rane hardware. I believe it will come out for Itch in version 1.8 with all my hope and heart, I really hope that's why beatgrid was implemented in 1.7/1.7.1 ITCH hopefully it has to do with connecting to Ableton and syncing your tracks, with warped tracks/loops in Live. I am just mad thetas Itch users that have paid a higher amount for "Superior" software get shafted, 1 by not having built in midi mappable effects,and that we must buy a special $200 controller, and we also have to wait longer for THE BRIDGE. My advice serrate, is to make Itch and the ASbleton's Bridge interface better, or more powerful, give it something that Scratch Live Users don't have, you gave them free effects when we had to pay for them right? If you don't I like many Itch/ DX users might sell our gear before it's worthless and jumpship totally to NI and Tractor (have you seen new Traktor Pro and it's Flagship Contoller interface, even their hardware and control media systems (Vinyl or CD-J controller's) tractor 10/in and Out sound total interface with my old 1200's would save me a dent amount of money I think. Don't lose your most dedicated supporters that believed in your new product and hoped on bored, it's a bad business plan believe me. Look a what happened to Cubase.

I remember when Serato and ableton announced the bridge. People where going nuts on the NI forum. Musikmezze in germany is soon to come. Maybe good news will come too.
d.j. ripperrip 1:52 AM - 29 March, 2011
This is a such a stupid thing to do ,w get on these forums and bitch and mown while they sit back and wait , and you'll see how they put it to us again to see if we shell out more money. I just ABOUT TO JUMP SHIP, ON THE PLANK, Native Instruments Traktor Kontrol S4 DJ Controller
IS MY NEXT OPTION SO THEY BETTER HURRY.
Mutis 9:03 AM - 30 March, 2011
New Live 8.2.2 is out there!
Evon 1:24 PM - 30 March, 2011
Quote:
This is a such a stupid thing to do ,w get on these forums and bitch and mown while they sit back and wait , and you'll see how they put it to us again to see if we shell out more money. I just ABOUT TO JUMP SHIP, ON THE PLANK, Native Instruments Traktor Kontrol S4 DJ Controller
IS MY NEXT OPTION SO THEY BETTER HURRY.

I'm pretty sure I will jump ship as well, unless they let itch use timecode vinyl or something wicked get announced on the few days that are more tempting.
The reason why I will switch to traktor S4 is that I can buy DVS licence and use my two turntables and use it as a mixer. Also goodies like looprecorder and sync is major reasons for me to switch. Bring my S4 to a gig and just hook up whatever turntables or cdjs to the s4. Or I can just use the S4 alone if I please. Super easy with no catches.
With Serato on the other hand:
I could buy a NS6 but, then I have to choose between using itch or Scratch live. And since I have the Sl3 I can only utalize 3 of the channels if I choose scratch live. With Itch I can't use timecode.

Looprecorder vs bridge
Bridge is good, no question about it. But NI did a damn good job with the loop recorder too. WIth the loop recorder you don't have to deal with 2 different libraies. And no need for hours with track preperation. You can run more samples/loops with ableton, but don't really need it for djing. 4 in each sample deck + main deck is way more than you need if you wanne play more decks. Playing more than 4 decks at once usually sound like a mess.
The Funky Bunch 4:58 AM - 17 May, 2011
Quote:
Quote:

wishful thinking if it was up to me or if i had the loot i would sell what i have and get scratch since they have it already and they are number 1 on serato's list.

lol. Can't say I disagree with you.

This sux!!!!!!!!!!!!

I feel let down by Serato right now. :(
DJ.iroko 2:14 AM - 10 June, 2011
They have obviously given up on the release...They obviously have no answer to ANY concerns posted in this column because there's no rep from Serato or Ableton that has responded to ANYTHING in this post for Itch hardware fans.... we are definitely the second-class citizens of the Serato world
Dj Ace 2:36 AM - 10 June, 2011
sooo wrong!!!
The Funky Bunch 8:35 AM - 10 June, 2011
Quote:
They have obviously given up on the release...They obviously have no answer to ANY concerns posted in this column because there's no rep from Serato or Ableton that has responded to ANYTHING in this post for Itch hardware fans.... we are definitely the second-class citizens of the Serato world

Quote:

sooo wrong!!!

@DJ Ace, Prove it.
Dj Ace 11:08 PM - 10 June, 2011
They announced the bridge for itch day 1
Dj Ace 11:10 PM - 10 June, 2011
Video sl was never announced for itch but neither was the sample player months back
Satsun 1:50 AM - 22 June, 2011
Serato, it would be nice if we could get a reaffirmation of plans to release the Bridge for Itch. Just let us know if it's still on your to do list.
akufen007 6:11 AM - 24 June, 2011
Hey serato,
I've bought my NS7 because there were an annoucement of "the bridge for Itch"...
So, How long will we wait ?????????....
Best regards...
d.j. ripperrip 11:58 PM - 13 July, 2011
can u guys give it up already its never going to happen,you'll get 2.0 so u can forget it no bridge for itch u were suckered like all the rest of us. please no more bridge let then stick it were the sun don't shine
Dj Ace 2:27 AM - 14 July, 2011
good idea reverse psychology....then it will be a suprise! hahahaha
vinylmanipulator 5:28 PM - 15 July, 2011
I think it will be released shortly after 2.0 is introduced. It was that way with Scratchlive....first the major release and then the point release with the bridge....:-)
hologram 7:22 PM - 17 July, 2011
on the glass full side.
I hope Serato is making itch like SSL where add-on can be plugged in.
In a stellar move all add-ons for SSL work with itch.
Bridge,VSL,even mix emergency.

If I was coding a remake I would make the new itch have the same add-on API interface that SSL has so I only have to code add-ons once.
free3moose 5:23 PM - 26 August, 2011
If I was CTO of Serato, I'd have a common code base and try to find a business way of getting ITCH users to share the same code base as Scratch Live.
Dj Ace 12:58 AM - 27 August, 2011
hem...thats there goal
DanielO0071 4:54 AM - 24 September, 2011
Dear Serato Admins! (if you would ever answer to anyone...)

Could you please tell me, if I have to sell my lovely controller (xone:dx) as many people did it already, or you going to release finally the Bridge for Itch as well? (as you promised a year ago)

Be straight, is it coming or not?
If you could share with us a release date at least?
These things are basic by other companies, who are appreciate the buyers.
You lost many potential buyers already, they are feeling betrayed by serato.
At least tell us honestly if you will not release it.

Kind Regards
akufen007 7:22 PM - 29 September, 2011
Hey, Serato....
YOU SUCKS !!!!!!!
Code:E 8:56 PM - 29 September, 2011
Quote:
Dear Serato Admins! (if you would ever answer to anyone...)

Could you please tell me, if I have to sell my lovely controller (xone:dx) as many people did it already, or you going to release finally the Bridge for Itch as well? (as you promised a year ago)

Be straight, is it coming or not?
If you could share with us a release date at least?
These things are basic by other companies, who are appreciate the buyers.
You lost many potential buyers already, they are feeling betrayed by serato.
At least tell us honestly if you will not release it.

Kind Regards

It would not be in there best interest to say a date even if they have an idea, because people will be even more pissed off if its delayed, by even a week.

BUT they did say it was gonna happen eventually when itch was released, so serato should come out and at least tell us if the idea is still on the table.
BobbyDuracel 1:51 AM - 6 October, 2011
I bought into serato when they announced the bridge bc I love ableton and the apc40. Otherwise, I always go traktor. It's just better. Not the common US opinion, but it is.

That said, I keep waiting for the bridge to run smoothly enough to handle my massive sets in ableton. It's not happened yet. Maybe an i7 with 16 gigs ram? :)

In the meantime I bought the s4. It's lovely.

I love pioneer mixers so I am looking at their controller instead. I would love to jump to Serato n the pioneer piece... But... I looked it up and no bridge support? Also, only two tracks? I think the layout is just like my old pioneer mixers and I think that rocks. However, it should be useful for the bridge and also 4 channels. Otherwise, it loses. Look. At the two pioneer units. One is serato and one isn't. One has 8 cue points and 4 decks.

One doesnt.

Bridge compatibility would fix that. Whats the story? Make it reality and i will buy one to try it out the moment it hits. If it's stable on bridge I'll preach the gospel. Can you even plug decks into the back of the pioneer ddjs1 for timecode support?
BobbyDuracel 1:52 AM - 6 October, 2011
So, for 899 you can rock out on traktor with the s4. I hope you guys get it figured out. Otherwise eupopean sentiment will cross the waters and you guys will be in big trouble.
Dj Ace 5:22 AM - 6 October, 2011
are you a salesman bobbyDuracel?
Code:E 6:56 AM - 6 October, 2011
I bet he works at best buy...
BobbyDuracel 10:42 AM - 6 October, 2011
Actually you're both dead wrong. I work in anesthesia.

Good guesses though.

I just want the full 360 solution and I'm sad serato excited me 23 months ago ad I'm still waiting.
Code:E 7:09 PM - 6 October, 2011
cool... ^^^
Dj Ace 4:51 AM - 7 October, 2011
ic...
Bopdj 7:27 AM - 10 October, 2011
if you want the bridge so much go back to ssl. it wil come for itch in the mean time midi map a pad to your sp6 and use your beat grids right. i know its not the bridge but its close enough for now
Silver Foxx Sound 11:19 AM - 20 October, 2011
Ok I just got the aka APC 40 shilling trying to work it with itch 2.0 DDJJ S1. So far I have been able to use it like a samper the APC 40 will play out thru the DDJ S1 that all i could get it to do. Is there any other program that will make the APC 40 work the itch?
Will Love 1:41 AM - 28 October, 2011
You can hack the APC series to anything. Google it.
DjToniM 10:55 PM - 28 October, 2011
serato.com

THE BRIDGE PRESS CONFERENCE
Jesse from Ableton and Sam from Serato introduce The Bridge to the world. The Bridge is a revolutionary new technology that links Scratch Live and ITCH to Ableton Live and vice versa. Check it out!

And ITCH ???

Pleas Download link
Dj Asynchronous 1:29 AM - 2 November, 2011
I just ordered the super groovy ns6, and can't think about anything else, am so stoked. Im a bit of a control freak, and part of the reason I chose my purchase, is because of the promise of The Bridge, I designed a real time tape loop style sampler with Reaktor, and need somthing like The Bridge to bring it all together. I can only hope that the hold up is because they keep thinking of cool things to add to it. It would be nice to know they are working on it though. just a "hey valued customers, yes we are working hard on The Bridge for Itch, sorry for the delay, but you will be stoked" would be a nice thing to read. peace out.
ErikBreuker 1:03 PM - 2 November, 2011
So....this discussion started december 2010....it is now november 2011 and still no Bridge support on Itch. While 2.0 version has been released for some time now. I'm so disappointed that I'm starting to wonder to sell everything...

Anybody knows anything??
2Smooth420 9:08 PM - 3 November, 2011
serato.com

Here they told me they have no timeline for bridge with itch.
Dj Asynchronous 5:41 AM - 4 November, 2011
torq 2 looks good, with vst, and rewire, only $50 update, works with ns6, will be what im doing.
Serato, Forum Moderator
Samuel S 9:07 PM - 22 November, 2011
Hey guys,

Here is the official update from both ourselves and Ableton:

"2011 has been a big year for both Ableton and Serato. Both companies have been hard at work, with numerous technologies being developed. These include Itch software releases and Itch partner controllers from Serato, and Max for Live from Ableton. Due to considerations for the necessary release of these products, we aren't able to release The Bridge for Itch in 2011."

Cheers,

Sam.
Code:E 10:35 PM - 22 November, 2011
Well sam thats all fine and dandy, I dont think anyone realistically expected to see the bridge/itch to come out before the end of next month. The real question is, has it been scheduled to be worked on in 2012? is it still coming? or is it on the maybe bench? or did someone just get a little carried away, when they announced the bridge for itch, and now its just damage control?
Serato, Forum Moderator
Samuel S 10:42 PM - 22 November, 2011
Sorry Code:E we don't have any other announcements to make at this stage.
Big Pops 6:35 PM - 11 December, 2011
Its very sad, that I bought my NS7FX about 2 years ago and since then all we seeing is bridge support for itch. Its 2 years after and no support.
I changed to the NS7FX and ITCH because of the mobility, if i had known this I would have stayed with my SSL box and my CDJ.
All we getting for SERATO is NO COMMENTS
phatbob 9:04 PM - 11 December, 2011
Quote:

All we getting for SERATO is NO COMMENTS

Except the comment above.
Dj Ace 11:41 PM - 11 December, 2011
how can they announce a product that is not ready...development takes time , no specific timeline is a good answer cause they don't know. Also this product is a joint venture with Ableton who also had to focus on they own priorities as well. If really want it now get scratch live compatible hardware...otherwise wait till they make future announcments. Don't get me wrong, I would love the bridge and a video plugin for itch, it would be an awesomely powerful and highly portable setup especially with the vci...
Code:E 5:27 AM - 12 December, 2011
Quote:
I would love the bridge and a video plugin for itch, it would be an awesomely powerful and highly portable setup especially with the vci...

I dont think i would use a VCI just cause to me it looks loo much like a toy, though it is a good piece of hardware and have used it many times at house parties in the past, but in a club. I just doesn't feel right.

What would be nice to see ASAP from serato would be SSL supporting all Itch controllers (im sure you would still need the SSL box) then we could get the best of all worlds. I wouldnt want to move completely over to itch cause i do use 3 other midi controllers for serato looping, efx, sample banks and to control ME. and I have no intention of giving up that kind of control. But as far as my deck controls go, I would love to just a Xone DX with SSL no need for CDJ or the DJM at that point, cause setting up CDJ and a DJM 2000 is getting to be a pain in the ass when clubs dont own there own.
DjToniM 8:37 PM - 20 December, 2011
Quote:
Hey guys,

Here is the official update from both ourselves and Ableton:

"2011 has been a big year for both Ableton and Serato. Both companies have been hard at work, with numerous technologies being developed. These include Itch software releases and Itch partner controllers from Serato, and Max for Live from Ableton. Due to considerations for the necessary release of these products, we aren't able to release The Bridge for Itch in 2011."

an IAC Driver Support for Midi is also OK (Like Traktor Pro)
komplex 5:14 PM - 25 December, 2011
I am guessing max for live could have set back the production on bridge for itch.
Silver Foxx Sound 9:14 PM - 25 December, 2011
Well this is the end of 2011 I am hopping that we will get the Bridge for Itch for 01/2012? Right!!!
jprime 9:44 PM - 18 January, 2012
Fingers crossed....NAMM in full swing tomorrow....could it be?!

:)

Either way, I hope it comes out eventually. The Bridge is freaking fantastic.
Silver Foxx Sound 5:31 AM - 20 January, 2012
crossed your mixer your amp and them people that just love you mix? we just don't want we need this... Bridge for itch 2012 let go
dj lashes 4:41 PM - 20 January, 2012
Quote:
It will be available Jan 2011.

its now jan 2012 ????
nvisibleman 4:55 PM - 8 February, 2012
I started a discussion thread comparing Itch to a red headed step sister, despite much consternation, will this NAMM be the chance that she grows up and goes to the big dance? LETS GET IT ITCH DJS!!!!
Silver Foxx Sound 5:39 PM - 11 March, 2012
Ok I have to ask what up with this Bridge for the itch? Just a recap I have the APC Ableton and Pioneer DDJ S1 Serato Itch. I would like to get the Bridge for this set up. Is it going to come out this summer are they work on it? what going on with it?
dj lashes 10:04 PM - 11 March, 2012
Quote:
Ok I have to ask what up with this Bridge for the itch? Just a recap I have the APC Ableton and Pioneer DDJ S1 Serato Itch. I would like to get the Bridge for this set up. Is it going to come out this summer are they work on it? what going on with it?

+1
DJ Urkel Dee 6:59 AM - 16 March, 2012
Quote:

+1
eddietully 2:34 AM - 29 March, 2012
Quote:
Quote:

+1

+1
Deejay B. K. 6:14 PM - 29 March, 2012
Waiting too.....
B-ROCK 10:14 AM - 3 April, 2012
ah dam.was about to ask the same question as all of you,but dont need to and its very disapointing cause it looks like we have to buy the serato sl scratch interface after spending money on itch controlers
DanceMidi 11:49 PM - 26 April, 2012
I have a dream .... The setup of my dreams is a Vestax VCI 380 + Apc 40 working in perfect harmony with The Bridge for Itch. Some day it will be possible? (º.º)
DJ-spINFINITE 9:31 AM - 8 May, 2012
Quote:
Hey serato,
I've bought my NS7 because there were an annoucement of "the bridge for Itch"...
So, How long will we wait ?????????....
Best regards...

Im with this guy, we want the bridge for itch with native platter support!!! or at least tight integration with that undeniable vinyl feel that serato completely delivers upon. and hopefully midi mapping with the sp6!

-a few reasons why I would like the bridge, mostly because serato is elite when it comes to a mixing environment... ableton is nice to dj with but i couldn't imagine it being better than serato... and ableton is a good combination becuase theyve got tweaks for days when it comes to audio... so many effects to work with etc. COME ON SERATO LETS GET A BETA RELEASED OR SOMETHING!
dj led 7:44 AM - 2 June, 2012
need help need the dmg for the brige :))))
Code:E 9:49 AM - 2 June, 2012
Quote:
need help need the dmg for the brige :))))

read the thread... It does not exist or work like that.
dj led 10:06 AM - 2 June, 2012
so how? i am trieng to downlod it and no lack
dj led 10:08 AM - 2 June, 2012
how can i downlod it ?
dj led 10:08 AM - 2 June, 2012
i have the ableton 8.2.8 and serato 2.4.1
Code:E 5:54 PM - 2 June, 2012
you dont download anything. If you have legal copy's of both, plug in your serato box, start both programs, make sure your connected to the internet, and then wait from the automatic prompt. then the bridge will install. Its all automated you cant download a dmg of the bridge extension.

Also the thread is titled "The bridge for itch" which dose not exist yet.
phatbob 6:20 PM - 2 June, 2012
If you read his posts in a different thread Code:E, he's using a cracked copy of Ableton, it's not gonna work for him.

dj led, you need to BUY the Ableton software to use the Bridge.
dj led 6:21 PM - 2 June, 2012
tk gays
Code:E 4:05 PM - 3 June, 2012
Quote:
If you read his posts in a different thread Code:E, he's using a cracked copy of Ableton, it's not gonna work for him.

dj led, you need to BUY the Ableton software to use the Bridge.

Well then..... My helping of his issue ends there.
dj lashes 1:28 AM - 4 June, 2012
thats like walking in to bmw shop and asking for a new set of keys to the bmw you just bumped lol
komplex 9:50 PM - 29 June, 2012
So, your saying bridge is out for iTCH users? I am on Ableton 7 and wasn't planning on upgrading till bridge or 9 came out as 8 doesn't have anything I use.
Code:E 10:18 PM - 29 June, 2012
no its not out yet.
dj lashes 12:28 AM - 30 June, 2012
Quote:
no its not out yet.

and looks like its not gonna be lol
Silver Foxx Sound 2:21 PM - 1 July, 2012
OK WHO DO WE NEED TO TALK TO? I WOULD LIKE THE BRIDGE FOR ITCH WHY IS THIS HARD? THIS IS WHAT I USE IT FOR THE MIX TAPE THE WAY BRIDGE LET YOU SEE YOUR FADER AND ALL THE OTHER LEVER YOU MAY USE IN YOUR SET THEN LET YOU GO BACK AND FIX WHAT YOU DOINT LIKE...... I WANT TO KNOW WHO DO I CALL?
Code:E 7:35 PM - 1 July, 2012
Quote:
OK WHO DO WE NEED TO TALK TO? I WOULD LIKE THE BRIDGE FOR ITCH WHY IS THIS HARD? THIS IS WHAT I USE IT FOR THE MIX TAPE THE WAY BRIDGE LET YOU SEE YOUR FADER AND ALL THE OTHER LEVER YOU MAY USE IN YOUR SET THEN LET YOU GO BACK AND FIX WHAT YOU DOINT LIKE...... I WANT TO KNOW WHO DO I CALL?

Don't yell, Zero fuck was given about your post that's all in caps.
I LOVED ITCH, BUT NOW... 1:29 PM - 4 July, 2012
I LOVED ITCH, BUT NOW... I WILL BE UNFAITHFULL TO S4 I THINK...MORE THAN 3 YEARS IS A LOT OF TIME WAITING FOR THE BRIGDE TO ITCH. ITCH`S SUPPORTERS HAD DEMONSTRATED TRUE LOVE, GOOD CUSTOMERS TOO. I THINK WE DESERVE SOME RESPECT.

SERATO KILLED VCI SYSTEM`S

SORRY ABOUT MY ENGLISH. I KNOW IS NOT CORRECT
Code:E 7:11 PM - 4 July, 2012
^^^STOP FUCKING YELLING!!!!!!!!^^^^
Silver Foxx Sound 10:41 PM - 4 July, 2012
YO MY CAP LOCK STAY ON GET OVER IT.
Code:E 11:13 PM - 4 July, 2012
Nope, your a bitch then. Get a new keyboard. Stop being cheap.
Silver Foxx Sound 11:18 PM - 4 July, 2012
YO YOU WHAT FUCK YOU PUSSY I HOPE I SEE YOU PUSSY
Code:E 11:22 PM - 4 July, 2012
Cause you didn't sound enough like an idiot before.
Silver Foxx Sound 5:27 AM - 5 July, 2012
PUSSY
Code:E 6:43 AM - 5 July, 2012
what you want my address? you could hitch hike the whole way here. But they probably wont let you in the country.
Serato, Forum Moderator
Eru G 8:14 PM - 5 July, 2012
Foxx, Code:E - both of you need to chill out.

Consider this a warning.
Code:E 9:53 PM - 5 July, 2012
oh its all in good fun trolling. :) I seriously doubt that hes actually mad. But I will put an end to it. No warnings needed Mr G.
Silver Foxx Sound 1:35 AM - 7 July, 2012
Now why are you mr g come at me when this punk is try me now I don't know him and like I told him just don't let me see him.. Mr G I been on here looking for help with itch and the bridge. so not no one can tell me who I can call about itch and the bridge?
Serato, Forum Moderator
Eru G 2:08 AM - 9 July, 2012
Unfortunately, there is no set release date for The Bridge for ITCH: serato.com
Silver Foxx Sound 2:34 AM - 9 July, 2012
thank you
The Funky Bunch 4:57 AM - 25 July, 2012
What about midi time code output from ITCH? This is the Traktor work around.