DJing Discussion

This area is for discussion about DJing in general. Please remember the community rules when posting and try to be polite and inclusive.

New Jack Swing Mix

Steve Dub. 6:58 AM - 13 December, 2010
Feedback Welcomed of course!

After 7 - Can't Stop
Surface - Happy
SWV - I'm So Into You
BBD - I Thought It Was Me
Bobby Brown - Don't Be Cruel
Zhane - Request Line
Zhane - Groove Thing
En Vogue - Never Gonna Get It
All-4-One - She's Got Skillz
Tony Tery - She's Fly
Aaron Hall - Don't Be Afraid
Wrex N Effect - Rump Shaker (Percapella)
TLC - What About Your Friends
Joe Public - Live And Learn
Tammy Lucas - Is It Good To You
Hi Five - I Like The Way (Kissing Game)
Portrait - Here We Go Again
Bobby Brown - Humpin Around
BBD - Do Me
Keith Sweat - I Want Her
Guy - I Wanna Get With You
Johnny Gill - Rub You The Right Way
The Boys - Crazy
ABC - Iesha
Michael Jackson - Do You Remember (Steve Dub Mash)
Tony, Toni, Tone - If I Had No Loot

www.mediafire.com
Steve Dub. 7:26 AM - 13 December, 2010
Sorry here's the correct link.
www.mediafire.com
D-Twizzle 7:34 AM - 13 December, 2010
nice track list! will listen to it this week..
DJ FLATLINE 7:41 AM - 13 December, 2010
nice!
damehype 7:41 AM - 13 December, 2010
Sound's good, but some of those are def not New Jack Swing.
matt212 8:27 AM - 13 December, 2010
Nice...

Does this have any drops on it?? If so, can you upload the drop free version? LOL!!!
Steve Dub. 4:38 PM - 13 December, 2010
Damehype: I was def going for more the era than trying to make sure every song was produced by Teddy Riley etc.
bandoma 4:48 PM - 13 December, 2010
About time u made a mix. Playlist looks good.
Steve Dub. 5:19 PM - 13 December, 2010
lol, I know, my last mix was back in February.
Jensen Määäm 5:21 PM - 13 December, 2010
I just downloaded it...it starts off good, keep it comin'...love it!
Steve Dub. 5:26 PM - 13 December, 2010
Thanks dude!
Jensen Määäm 5:32 PM - 13 December, 2010
Your welcome, Steve, thanks for posting it!
I'm at Zhané right now....love it!
"I know it's better when the rhythm works together with the beat in your soul..."
It just puts me in a good mood!
Steve Dub. 5:39 PM - 13 December, 2010
Yeah all this music is nostalgic for all of us almost or over 30 peeps lol
philldafunk 5:40 PM - 13 December, 2010
looks promising, thanks for this
Jensen Määäm 5:40 PM - 13 December, 2010
You know, we love it!
Aaron Hall - Don't be afraid - ooh wee, that goes straight through! Got goose bumps!
DJ.AJ 5:42 PM - 13 December, 2010
Cool List.
Steve Dub. 5:47 PM - 13 December, 2010
Quote:
You know, we love it!
Aaron Hall - Don't be afraid - ooh wee, that goes straight through! Got goose bumps!

Yup one of my favorite tracks on the mix next to Portrait and Tammy Lucas
Jensen Määäm 5:50 PM - 13 December, 2010
Yep, you played a lot of bangers!
DJ Art Pumpin Payne 6:10 PM - 13 December, 2010
Damn forgot all about Zhane Request Line - need to add that to the library - pretty cool so far.
Jensen Määäm 6:14 PM - 13 December, 2010
Ha, ha, you are getting old Art Pumpin Payne...
I'm at the last song now, good mix, good work, thank you Steve Dub!
djdalite 7:17 PM - 13 December, 2010
sweet, love some new jack swing

btw what edit is that of Johnny Gill - Rub You The Right Way?
Steve Dub. 7:26 PM - 13 December, 2010
I'll have to double check dalite.
Jensen Määäm 9:33 PM - 13 December, 2010
Did you use 3 turntables, Steve?
Steve Dub. 10:11 PM - 13 December, 2010
No scratches were added post-production.
Jensen Määäm 10:17 PM - 13 December, 2010
Ahh, I see.
DJBlisk 12:15 AM - 14 December, 2010
this reminds me of silk shirt and overalls!!
Jensen Määäm 12:26 AM - 14 December, 2010
Some MC Hammer pants and sholder pads?
Mike_P 12:27 AM - 14 December, 2010
Dope!!! Where's my creepers & z cavaricci's?
Gouda 4:19 AM - 14 December, 2010
Quote:

After 7 - Can't Stop
Surface - Happy
SWV - I'm So Into You
Zhane - Request Line
Zhane - Groove Thing

www.mediafire.com

These songs ain't New Jack. Especially Tony, Toni, Tone - If I Had No Loot, Their dissing New Jack! " You can new jack swing on my nuts!" Newbies
damehype 4:31 AM - 14 December, 2010
Steve dub, didn't say they had to be produced by Teddy Riley. Just that some don't qualify as New Jack Swing. New Jack Swing has a song structure that is very specific. Mix sounds good though.
Dj Shamann 4:40 AM - 14 December, 2010
That particular SWV song was produced by Teddy Riley for New jack Swing Productions with Wreckx-N-Effect as a feature, if it ain't New Jack Swing, what would you call it?

Just beause it came later in the era doesn't mean it doesn't qualify.
Dj Shamann 5:04 AM - 14 December, 2010
*referring to the 12" for the Teddy Riley/Wreckx-N-Effect version, I can't DL for some reason so I don't know which version Steve Dub played, but the point still stands, it's not exactly like he played a Waka Flocka song on a Boom Bap mix.
nik39 7:02 AM - 14 December, 2010
Quote:
Especially Tony, Toni, Tone - If I Had No Loot, Their dissing New Jack! " You can new jack swing on my nuts!"

Do you think that is a diss towards the New Jack Swing genre?
nik39 7:03 AM - 14 December, 2010
BTW, thanks for the mix :)
philldafunk 1:31 PM - 14 December, 2010
Quote:
Quote:

After 7 - Can't Stop

[1

These songs ain't New Jack. Especially Tony, Toni, Tone - If I Had No Loot, Their dissing New Jack! " You can new jack swing on my nuts!" Newbies

If these two songs aren't NJS then I really don't know what is?!?!?! Also I think Tony, Toni, Tone just took that Ice Cube sample as a lil stab at him when he was dissing the genre.

Peace
DJ Art Pumpin Payne 4:09 PM - 14 December, 2010
Damn, that is why I love the forum. Opinions and Assholes - we ALL have BOTH.

OK - New jack Swing by wikipedia definition:

New jack swing or swingbeat[1] is a fusion genre popular from the late-1980s into the mid-1990s. It fuses the rhythms, samples and production techniques of hip-hop and dance-pop with the urban contemporary sound of R&B. The new jack swing style developed as many previous R&B styles did, by combining elements of older styles with newer trends. It uses R&B style vocals sung over hip hop and dance-pop style influenced instrumentation. The sound of new jack swing comes from the hip hop "swing" beats created by drum machine, and hardware samplers, which was popular during the golden age of hip hop, with contemporary R&B style singing.

en.wikipedia.org

So if it came out in the 90's and has a Swing beat IT IS NJS. It doesn't have to be THE Teddy Riley signature beat.

Now if y'all really want to argue let's discuss how you all can call Electro Pop - House Music so easily...
Jensen Määäm 4:16 PM - 14 December, 2010
Cool, thanks Art Pumpin Payne! I think there was one person in here arguing, only. All others were cool with the mix, knowing that not every song was New Jack Swing, just a nice mix with a lot of New Jack Swing songs in it.
DJBlisk 4:27 PM - 14 December, 2010
you people arguing about what song is what song need to get a fucking life.
Steve Dub. 4:46 PM - 14 December, 2010
lol thanks Blisk. I don't need to defend the mix. It is what it is, all the songs are great and I think the mix came out nice.
djstix 4:48 PM - 14 December, 2010
Thank you sir...Very nice mix...Shout out from Chicago! It's cold over here!!!! :(
DJBlisk 4:52 PM - 14 December, 2010
Quote:
lol thanks Blisk. I don't need to defend the mix. It is what it is, all the songs are great and I think the mix came out nice.

eat shit.
DJBlisk 4:52 PM - 14 December, 2010
Quote:
Thank you sir...Very nice mix...Shout out from Chicago! It's cold over here!!!! :(

What up homie!
Steve Dub. 4:57 PM - 14 December, 2010
Quote:
Quote:

eat my clit.

No thank you sir, I don't like sea food.
djstix 4:57 PM - 14 December, 2010
Quote:
Quote:

What up homie!

What up! When's the next jammy jam guys? Maybe Steve can do a live new jack swing show...clothing and all...It would be called the "new jack swing jammy jam"...I think the next one should be themed!
Steve Dub. 4:58 PM - 14 December, 2010
lol at a themed jammy jam.
damehype 5:12 PM - 14 December, 2010
If that one person remark was referring to me, I stated that the mix was good. When someone states they are doing a New Jack Swing mix, I expect to hear all NJS. New Jack Swing is my favorite genre, I grew up in that period. So I like to consider myself a student of the genre. All I said was that not all of the songs were NJS but that the mix was very good. It was not intended to be an argument, and if the OP or anyone else got offended then you are pretty sensitive.
damehype 5:16 PM - 14 December, 2010
And if you need to quote wikipedia to prove a point, that's not the most accurate source
damehype 5:22 PM - 14 December, 2010
If this project is ever completed, it will be BANANAS...

www.vibe.com
Dj Shamann 8:04 PM - 14 December, 2010
Quote:
Quote:

If these two songs aren't NJS then I really don't know what is?!?!?! Also I think Tony, Toni, Tone just took that Ice Cube sample as a lil stab at him when he was dissing the genre.

Peace

That's how I took TTT's use of the sample. Remember because there was a heated beef between Wreckx-N-Effect and Tribe, Tribe also mentioned TTT in Sucka New Jack, I figured TTT was just owning that shit and saying so what.
Dj Shamann 8:09 PM - 14 December, 2010
Damn we need an edit button, my bad I mixed up the chune, I just woke up and remembered inccorectly but admit my mistake. There was a beef between Wreckx & Tribe though.
DJ.AJ 8:11 PM - 14 December, 2010
So funny. The tracks are hot - Isn't that what's important.
Dj Shamann 8:13 PM - 14 December, 2010
Quote:
So funny. The tracks are hot - Isn't that what's important.

Indeed.
DJ Art Pumpin Payne 8:55 PM - 14 December, 2010
@ Dub - next time make sure you say NEW JACK SWING INSPIRED mix - lol. Add those disclaimers in there before posting.
DJ.AJ 9:23 PM - 14 December, 2010
LMAO
Steve Dub. 9:29 PM - 14 December, 2010
Quote:
@ Dub - next time make sure you say NEW JACK SWING INSPIRED mix - lol. Add those disclaimers in there before posting.

lol no doubt.
Steve Dub. 9:30 PM - 14 December, 2010
I wonder if the flare was invented back then yet. If not I prob shouldn't have used those cuts haha!!!
bandoma 9:46 PM - 14 December, 2010
Qbert was flaring in the 93 dmcs... so ur good. HAHA!
Steve Dub. 9:54 PM - 14 December, 2010
lol ok good to go.
damehype 5:11 AM - 15 December, 2010
Y'all sensitive. Hey Steve, sorry I gave you constructive criticism. Next time don't preface your post with "feedback welcomed" if you're gonna just shun it. Dude, I complimented your mix. I just said that not all of your choices were New Jack Swing. Sorry dude, "Can't Stop" by After 7 & "Happy" by Surface are not New Jack Swing. But it was a good mix. So my criticism was and is positive. All you other posters that jumped on my comments, well... You can New Jack Swing on MY nut sack. Thanks in advance.
DJ SPAIR 7:46 AM - 15 December, 2010
The scratching was dope ass fuck on this mix. I like the song selection to. Only criticism I would give it,if the title is " New Jack Swing Mix" don't put songs like Surface-Happy on there.lol Although I love that song its far from New Jack Swing.

This is what I consider a pure New Jack Swing mix..

www.amazon.co.uk
Culprit 8:19 AM - 15 December, 2010
Good Stuff Dub
Dj Shamann 9:08 AM - 15 December, 2010
Quote:
Y'all sensitive. Hey Steve, sorry I gave you constructive criticism. Next time don't preface your post with "feedback welcomed" if you're gonna just shun it. Dude, I complimented your mix. I just said that not all of your choices were New Jack Swing. Sorry dude, "Can't Stop" by After 7 & "Happy" by Surface are not New Jack Swing. But it was a good mix. So my criticism was and is positive. All you other posters that jumped on my comments, well... You can New Jack Swing on MY nut sack. Thanks in advance.

I don't think anybody was even talking about you LOL and you're talking about "sensitive"?
Jensen Määäm 12:19 PM - 15 December, 2010
Dayumn, all this nut swinging in here...it was just a good mix, I love it!
damehype 3:43 PM - 15 December, 2010
Quote:
Quote:

I don't think anybody was even talking about you LOL and you're talking about "sensitive"?

It was meant to be sarcastic
DJ Schematic 4:57 PM - 15 December, 2010
Quote:

www.amazon.co.uk

That's some dope album art!
Steve Dub. 8:13 PM - 15 December, 2010
lol where did I act sensitive? I DO welcome criticism. Now I know if I ever make a mix I better make sure that every song on there makes sense with the title of the mix. If I can change the post I would change it to New Jack Inspired Mix to stop the confusion.

Either way thanks for listening and thank you Spair! (I'm a fan of yours)

My goal on this mix or any mix I make is to make something that people will listen through all the way, I think I accomplished that for the most part so I'm happy (no surface)
Dj K.Smith 3:35 AM - 16 December, 2010
I'm peeping yours Dub, go check mine...
Audio1 3:37 AM - 16 December, 2010
Some of you cats are way too hypercritical of others. Post a "NEW JACK SWING" set if you consider yourselves "connoisseurs" of that genre.
Dj Shamann 4:04 AM - 16 December, 2010
Quote:
Some of you cats are way too hypercritical of others. Post a "NEW JACK SWING" set if you consider yourselves "connoisseurs" of that genre.

LOL I have a mix from a few years ago with a bunch of these same songs, and some other throwback stuff, in the description it says "New Jack Swing/Old School Set"

I better not post it here or I might have a bunch of dudes in polka dot silk shirts and overalls with only one suspender done up waiting to jump me in the parking lot.
DJ Art Pumpin Payne 3:59 PM - 16 December, 2010
Quote:

Misquote heaven ---- but give us all a link K Smith

or you and/or DJ Shamenn (or somebody) start a new thread and call it New jack Swing mixes (and songs) and maybe the resident NJS expert damehype can post up a mix and educate us on songs from the genre...

(so I don't have to quote wikipedia)

They have a House Music thread like that....
DJ Art Pumpin Payne 4:15 PM - 16 December, 2010
Quote:

just saw the thread k smith ... serato.com
Dj K.Smith 5:05 PM - 16 December, 2010
You and those misquotes Art... Go eat a steak, LOL...
sixxx 6:41 PM - 16 December, 2010
Definitely not a new jack swing mix.

hahaha. I kid man. Who cares? nm

downloading
damehype 12:01 AM - 17 December, 2010
Like I said, Art... You can eat a d**k. I mentioned that two songs were not NJS. He even acknowledged it but you jock riders have an issue with me. I gave him praise for his mix but pointed out two songs that were not the genre. I'm sure if I posted a Grunge mix but some songs were not Grunge, but were in the era, you'd have issues. Hell, Luther Vandross' music was around during that era but it's not NJS. K. Smith had great selection in his.
StevenWayne 12:18 AM - 17 December, 2010
will check this out later tonight, thanks dub
DJ Art Pumpin Payne 2:21 AM - 17 December, 2010
Quote:
Like I said, Art... You can eat a d**k. I mentioned that two songs were not NJS.

ROTFL...

maybe the resident NJS expert damehype can educate us on songs from the genre...

I was being funny but totally serious at the same time. I know Wikipedia is not the absolute reference about anything but I could seriously use a refresher course on the NJS genre. I bow to your expertise...

In that House Music thread there are over 1000 posts about TRUE House music with YouTube links. I mentioned above about Zhane - Request Line tune. i hadn't thought about that since the 90's. I am glad Dub put that on there, I'm gonna try and drop that at my spot this weekend....

you said:
Quote:
New Jack Swing is my favorite genre, I grew up in that period. So I like to consider myself a student of the genre.

If you have a working knowledge of the genre, SHARE your knowledge and info. One of my favorite songs of that genre/period was "Don't Wanna Fall In Love" by Jane Child Teddy Riley remix - I LOVE THAT SONG.

Watchwww.youtube.com

Enlighten me on some others please... seriously...
Jesus Christ 3:04 AM - 17 December, 2010
Wow... great mix Dub!

Some of the non-mix-posting-armchair-crtic-no-gig-havin' motherfuckers in here have way too much beach-sand in their vaginas. Post a "REAL" New Jack Swing Mix or have a coke and a smile, and shut the fuck up.

If a mix consists of more than 70% of one genre, then you have every right to call that mix whatever that genre happens to be. Got a problem with it? Don't DL, don't listen and don't bother posting.

Class dismissed!
matt212 5:08 AM - 17 December, 2010
Hey buddy!!! How are you going to have a "New Jack Swing" mix without the "New Jack Swing" song??? Can you redo this mix for the real new jack heads?? And more Wreckx n Effect and more cow bell. Also take out all that scratching and your name drops. I can't play this out anywhere with your name all through the mix.

Thanks....
DJ FLATLINE 5:09 AM - 17 December, 2010
One of my favourite New Jack Swing Tracks

Portrait - Honey Dip
youtu.be

some random New Jack Swing videos i found on youtube:
youtu.be
youtu.be
youtu.be
youtu.be
djpuma_gemini 5:18 AM - 17 December, 2010
and you can new jack swiiiing on my nuts
Dj Ace 5:27 AM - 17 December, 2010
nice mix
Jesus Christ 5:53 AM - 17 December, 2010
To keep with the spirit of this thread:
Quote:

Portrait - Honey Dip
youtu.be

youtu.be
youtu.be
youtu.be
youtu.be

You spelled 'favorite' wrong you jackass!!! If you're gonna post on a thread made by a 'Merican, learn to type in 'Merican.

(all jokes folks... all jokes)
DJ Art Pumpin Payne 5:54 AM - 17 December, 2010
ROTFL @ Jesus C
DJ FLATLINE 8:11 AM - 17 December, 2010
Quote:
To keep with the spirit of this thread:
Quote:

Portrait - Honey Dip
youtu.be

youtu.be
youtu.be
youtu.be
youtu.be

You spelled 'favorite' wrong you jackass!!! If you're gonna post on a thread made by a 'Merican, learn to type in 'Merican.

(all jokes folks... all jokes)

LMFAO..... I actually debated within myself to spell it the "Merican" way....lol
nik39 1:29 PM - 17 December, 2010
Quote:
If a mix consists of more than 70% of one genre, then you have every right to call that mix whatever that genre happens to be. Got a problem with it? Don't DL, don't listen and don't bother posting.

JC, with all respect... this is a public forum. Why would you post on a public forum if you don't want feedback? That's what everyone here is giving - feedback. If someone says that the title is off - well that's feedback and warranted. But of course it's up to you how important this kind of feedback is. I understand some concerns where new jacks (not the genre ;) ) djs download gigs of audio files, copy playlists, have no clue about music and title everything the wrong way, cause they have simply no clue. Just because you find "Far East Movement - Like A G6" on a New Jack Swing playlist, doesn't make it NJS.

I am *not* saying that SteveDub is that kind of DJ (but not everyone might know him). He paid his dues and his skills are dope, same goes for every mix from him I have heard so far. Still bumping the Westside Classics tape :)
Serato, Support
ChrisD 8:01 AM - 18 December, 2010
damehype, no need throw in the snarky comments. This is a nice discussion - don't mess it up for everyone else.
Steve Dub. 6:16 PM - 18 December, 2010
Yeah guys can we drop the negative from this post and focus on the mix. Thanks.
MexiKanMan 1:29 AM - 20 December, 2010
The only thing negative i can think of is you didn't get in "Today - Him or Me" but, hey, if we start this type of thinking....the list could go on and on....
MexiKanMan 1:29 AM - 20 December, 2010
nice work BTW...
damehype 4:17 AM - 21 December, 2010
Quote:
damehype, no need throw in the snarky comments. This is a nice discussion - don't mess it up for everyone else.

Hold up now Chris. I started off by giving constructive criticism and feedback, which he asked for btw, and got jumped all over. My feedback was positive. Anyway, it is what it is. If my comments are targeted as "snarky" then how do you explain this :::::
damehype 4:17 AM - 21 December, 2010
Quote:
Wow... great mix Dub!

Some of the non-mix-posting-armchair-crtic-no-gig-havin' motherfuckers in here have way too much beach-sand in their vaginas. Post a "REAL" New Jack Swing Mix or have a coke and a smile, and shut the fuck up.

Class dismissed!

Does this qualify as "snarky"?
damehype 4:21 AM - 21 December, 2010
Quote:
The scratching was dope ass fuck on this mix. I like the song selection to. Only criticism I would give it,if the title is " New Jack Swing Mix" don't put songs like Surface-Happy on there.lol Although I love that song its far from New Jack Swing.

www.amazon.co.uk

And please Steve, tell me how this was any different than the feedback I gave.
Serato, Support
ChrisD 4:21 AM - 21 December, 2010
dame, two wrongs don't make a right. If you see something that you think is out of line hit the 'Report' button and I'll deal with it.

That doesn't change the fact that your comments were uncalled for.
damehype 4:28 AM - 21 December, 2010
Fair enough, but people should not ask for feedback if it is not gonna be welcomed. I don't know Steve Dub, but obviously those that jumped to his defense do. If you're gonna ask for feedback, then all feedback should be respected; especially if it is submitted in a respectful manner.
damehype 4:29 AM - 21 December, 2010
And, at least I had the decency to censor my expletives. Lol
Steve Dub. 7:47 AM - 21 December, 2010
I respect your feedback end of story. Thank you.
Jesus Christ 10:31 PM - 21 December, 2010
Also... censoring expletives is bu****it!
agentorange 10:41 PM - 21 December, 2010
Quote:
Quote:

After 7 - Can't Stop
Surface - Happy
SWV - I'm So Into You
Zhane - Request Line
Zhane - Groove Thing

www.mediafire.com

funny, cause i actually thought the same exact thing when i opened this thread. i don't see these songs as being NJS. i didn't read all that much above, but i'm gonna have to agree with this dude. i mean think tony toni tone's feels good is pretty much new jack swing. and i would even go so much as heavy d's now that we found love. but, hi5, i can't say that.

nvm. i re-eval'd and i see what you're doin. you're walking a fine line and opened up from the cookie cutter tracks. ok... i wouldve never thought SWV, hi5 or en vogue and a few others. i guess it works.

props.
Joshua Carl 10:48 PM - 21 December, 2010
wow...when i saw how many replies there were i figured:

a. steve screwed the pooch and totally botched this mix
(highly unlikely given what he has shared thus far with us)

b. this mix was soooo bloody amazing that people were putting up nut shots
of themselfs after listening (NH)

but wow, disputing a 10+ year old paper thin sub-genre?
I DID NOT SEE THAT COMING!!!...scratch that...it is the SSL forum.
microscopes out and at the ready!

Steve I cant wait to check this out, I love mixes with a lil post-production...
a lil bit of elbow grease goes a long way.
The tracklist alone warrants merrit...well done man pickin them.
agentorange 10:53 PM - 21 December, 2010
Quote:

but wow, disputing a 10+ year old paper thin sub-genre?
I DID NOT SEE THAT COMING!!!...scratch that...it is the SSL forum.
microscopes out and at the ready!

come on, man. we're the best community of the best djs on the web, worldwide. we're all watchin..........
agentorange 10:56 PM - 21 December, 2010
in mine and gouda's defense. you're somewhat homogenizing an era in music. technically those artists didn't go in wanting to create "new jack swing" music/sound.

and technically, if you go so far as to ask the artists what genre they are in, they would most likely disagree with the new jack genre.

keep it real.
Dj K.Smith 10:57 PM - 21 December, 2010
Just because Teddy Riley didn't produce it doesn't mean it's not New Jack Swing...
Jesus Christ 10:57 PM - 21 December, 2010
F**K Censorship!!!
agentorange 10:58 PM - 21 December, 2010
Quote:

and technically, if you go so far as to ask the artists what genre they are in, they would most likely disagree with the new jack genre.

keep it real.
sixxx 11:19 PM - 21 December, 2010
Is this a new nut swing mix? lol nm
Swizzle 1:04 AM - 22 December, 2010
Quote:

And that's all that matters. Great mix by the way! I enjoyed it.

ps.
i made a 90's mix and I put a song from December '89 and November '00 on it.
Jensen Määäm 1:15 AM - 22 December, 2010
Quote:
Quote:

And that's all that matters. Great mix by the way! I enjoyed it.

ps.
i made a 90's mix and I put a song from December '89 and November '00 on it.

Oh, no! What were you thinking? lol
Dj.Mojo 9:37 AM - 22 December, 2010
hahaha

thanks for the mix dub
DJ.AJ 1:45 PM - 22 December, 2010
just listened too it and it's pretty cool.
djdalite 5:04 AM - 24 December, 2010
Quote:
sweet, love some new jack swing

btw what edit is that of Johnny Gill - Rub You The Right Way?

ever figure that out, im pretty sure its not an album cut
dj_KaSE 3:54 PM - 22 January, 2011
FInally downloading this shit.
Jesus Christ 6:52 PM - 22 January, 2011
Quote:
FInally downloading this shit.

Steve, Kase just called your mix "shit!"
matt212 7:23 PM - 22 January, 2011
lol
DouggyFresh 7:51 PM - 22 January, 2011
My friend who's really into this genre of music downloaded your mix and called me up and said "This mix is off the chain!!". I'm enjoying it too, thanks Steve.
Jesus Christ 7:59 PM - 22 January, 2011
Quote:
My friend who's really into this genre of music downloaded your mix and called me up and said "This mix is full of shit!!". I'm thought so too, you suck Steve.

Damn... there's another one! It must be "pick on Steve Dub day!"
sacrilicious 8:16 PM - 22 January, 2011
Been bumping this again because the thread popped back up--props on a nice smooth mix.

But you need a cleaner sounding copy of BBD - Do Me. That part sounds awful.
Mr. Goodkat 10:01 PM - 22 January, 2011
"disputing a 10+ year old paper thin sub-genre?"

:)
DJ Art Pumpin Payne 10:02 PM - 22 January, 2011
LoL @ Jesus. - u just can't win Dub.
Mighty Maxx 3:57 AM - 23 January, 2011
nice mix Steve Dub...much respect!
dj_KaSE 4:20 AM - 23 January, 2011
Quote:
nice mix Steve Dub...much respect!

As Steve Dub's ego gets bigger, lol. (nm)
Steve Dub. 6:45 PM - 24 January, 2011
Thanks again for listening!
DJ Doug Collins 10:17 PM - 29 January, 2011
I downloaded this a few weeks ago. Listened to it 2 or 3 times already. Very nice work Steve. Threw a couple tracks in there I'd forgotten about and haven't heard on the several new jack swing mixes I've downloaded in the past year or so.
rshrikha 2:59 AM - 11 July, 2011
great mix. coulda used some Motownphilly though!
O.B.1 5:26 AM - 11 July, 2011
boyz II men, abc, bbd, the east coast family!
LOL
Steve Dub. 3:39 PM - 11 July, 2011
Looks like the link was deleted, it can be downloaded over at mixcrate.com. Here's the direct link.

www.mixcrate.com
Doolow 7:36 AM - 12 July, 2011
nice mix Steve Dub ....
Daktyl 9:28 AM - 12 July, 2011
damn... this mix brought me back
Eye95 12:16 PM - 28 August, 2011
Great mix brought back some good memories :) Does anyone know that song with the lyrics "i've been waiting so long"? It had a new jack swing feel to it. I believe it was in the 80's.
TIA