DJing Discussion

This area is for discussion about DJing in general. Please remember the community rules when posting and try to be polite and inclusive.

NEW PARTY BREAK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Dj Eddie Boyy 11:14 AM - 26 April, 2007
I know, I know a lot of you guys are tired of Mr Fatman Scoop, but I just finished A party break called Fuego Fuego Break. Let me know what you guys think. Thanks everyone. It's on my myspace page.

myspace.com/djeddieboy

Peace!

DJ Eddie Boy!

Ps-would any of you guys play it at any of your gigs? Just curious. Thanks.
DJJorel 11:23 AM - 26 April, 2007
Pretty dope work mang....I would definitely play it....

Reminds me of the stuff they used to play on Power 106 when they had dance music in their format...

Shoot me a copy....I'd play it
dj cubicle 11:43 AM - 26 April, 2007
Yeah, definitely, I'd play this, no doubt. You gonna hook the SSL fam up?
djknyce 12:47 PM - 26 April, 2007
yeah bryh, hook it up!
djknyce 12:47 PM - 26 April, 2007
***bruh***
DJ XTC 2:06 PM - 26 April, 2007
dope mix, id def love an mp3
i wana drop it tom night
dj kiss 2:36 PM - 26 April, 2007
hell yeah ish is dope, would deffinently rock this.
Ab-Loon 3:23 PM - 26 April, 2007
Yeah eddie if you could hook us up we def would promote ya! BTW....I see your doin Grad nite....disneyland right? I use to work there back in tha day....if this is your first time....BE PREPARED.....haha
Dj Eddie Boyy 4:49 PM - 26 April, 2007
Thanks guys I appreciate it, Im at school at the time but give me til the evening and I will make it available for you guys to download. Thanks. Peace!

DJ Eddie Boy!
Bigfourty4 5:18 PM - 26 April, 2007
i think its time for the zshare link. VERY NICE I LIKE.
illmatic 9:30 PM - 26 April, 2007
waitin' for the like-give it to me!
djdannyc 9:56 PM - 26 April, 2007
cool mix...
DJ K-otik 10:07 PM - 26 April, 2007
Nice break. Just waitin' for the link now . . .
DJ K-otik 10:07 PM - 26 April, 2007
Eddie Boy, you spin at Scribbles? I don't live that far from there; I oughta check it out. What night are you there?
ienycepnoyi 10:25 PM - 26 April, 2007
dope break!!
Dj Eddie Boyy 10:41 PM - 26 April, 2007
Alright my peeps, here you guys go, and thanks a lot for the mad support, and hopefullly they crazy with it at the clubs, let me know how it goes. Thanks guys.

CHEERS!!!!
DJ EDDIE BOY!

[URL=www.zshare.net]fuego fuego break.mp3 - 5.06MB[/URL]
DJ Michael Basic 10:44 PM - 26 April, 2007
For sure, very nice...no chance of a higher bitrate file is there?
Dj Eddie Boyy 10:46 PM - 26 April, 2007
To be honest with you Michael I don't know how would I change that.
DJ Michael Basic 10:48 PM - 26 April, 2007
What are you using to make the break? I assume once it's created you compressed it into an MP3 for easier hosting? If this is the case, what are you using to compress it, look and see if it gives you the option to change the compression rate to 320kbps?
Dj Eddie Boyy 10:52 PM - 26 April, 2007
What I did is after i was done with the break, i import it onto itunes and then converted it to MP3. Where would that 320kbps be, in itunes or Protools?
DJ Michael Basic 11:00 PM - 26 April, 2007
Itunes...Go into Preferences, click Advanced, click the importing tab, make sure Import using mp3 encoder is selected (Which it looks like it already is) on setting click Custom, then at the top use the pulldown to select the highest available bitrate (320)

Itunes isn't known as the best mp3 encoder, but it'll definately be better at itunes 320 than itunes 192
Dj Eddie Boyy 11:05 PM - 26 April, 2007
For sure thanks mike, im going to do it now!
DJ Michael Basic 11:08 PM - 26 April, 2007
Cool man...I have a folder of shit I like but I can't play in a club with a big badass soundsystem because the bitrate is too low, don't wanna put this one in that folder.
Dj Eddie Boyy 11:12 PM - 26 April, 2007
Alright guys here's the break but with a 320kbps thanks to Michael Basic. So you have either choice. Enjoy guys!!!!!!

DJ EDDIE BOY!

[URL=www.zshare.net]fuego fuego break 1.mp3 - 8.42MB[/URL]
DjWoody 12:08 AM - 27 April, 2007
Awesome break! It's going on my set tonight for sure! Keep it up!
DJ SERH 12:31 AM - 27 April, 2007
Thats my dawg the one and only DJ EDDIE BOYY! Damn dawg i told you everyone would love it, why didn't you tell me you were going to put it up for download though? Anyways here's my new mashup hope everyone likes it. Let me know what you guys think.

Peace,

DJ Serh
myspace.com/djserh

Here you go!
[URL=www.zshare.net]go break my stride dirty 1.mp3 - 9.41MB[/URL]
Dj Eddie Boyy 12:35 AM - 27 April, 2007
Dj Serh hell yeah, what up man. Go Break my stride is my favorite one, that ish is real HOt! I already have it though. Holla at me foo.
Izzy 12:49 AM - 27 April, 2007
That Fuego break is dope... Keep them coming pimp.
dj garcia 1:00 AM - 27 April, 2007
yo man that that break is fuego, thanks man good work. will use it this weekend..
vidoona 2:10 AM - 27 April, 2007
Nice work man. I'm droppin it tonight.
allenbina 3:38 AM - 27 April, 2007
this forum ceases to amaze me. its a fucking hit
vidoona 3:48 AM - 27 April, 2007
Quote:

never ceases?
DJ Unique 4:21 AM - 27 April, 2007
Very nice work.
DjWoody 9:45 AM - 27 April, 2007
Yo Eddie Boyy... I played your song primetime tonight. That's about 2 hours ago. hehehe it's now 2:48pm... The place went nuts! And this is easily 500 people. Congratulations! Keep them coming.

- Woody
DjWoody 9:45 AM - 27 April, 2007
*2:48am... hehehe
DjWoody 9:49 AM - 27 April, 2007
Oh yeah, I forgot to tell you their reaction... At first when I echoed out the song playing and I let yours play, people had this weird look. Cuz the way it starts. But that's a good thing, cuz that's a classic song. So then when the explosion happens and Nelly starts singing all the girls screamed and started singing along. They weren't expecting that. Than C&C comes in, some guy ran to the DJ booth and gave me a hi-five because he hadn't heard that song in ages.

I think that you did an excellent job. That Pitbull acapella goes perfect with this song. It's like they were made for each other.

One question... What software did you used?

Props
- Woody
Nicky Blunt 10:27 AM - 27 April, 2007
anymore those two are the shiznit!!!!
DJ Nevoc 1:29 PM - 27 April, 2007
Nice I like it.
vidoona 5:34 PM - 27 April, 2007
Played it last night. Great reaction from the crowd. It's a hit.
J_Static 8:04 PM - 27 April, 2007
ABSOLUTELY SICK EDDIE, PROPS from a fellow Hip-Hop/House DJ
Ab-Loon 11:41 PM - 27 April, 2007
I wanna be famous like Eddie Boy : (

haha
allenbina 4:56 AM - 28 April, 2007
Quote:
Quote:

never ceases?

er... ya, thats what i meant
DJ XTC 6:35 AM - 28 April, 2007
eddie i dropped it tonight at a high school gig, people went bonkers...keep it up
DJ Michael Basic 8:59 AM - 28 April, 2007
Dropped it tonight too. Great response. Definately prime time material.
Dj Kimozave 11:48 AM - 28 April, 2007
Dope remix bredda!

If I'm not mistaken, It's El General - Fuego...

I got my remix of dis track...mi waan share it fi unno yu... www.zshare.net Reespek an Jah bless. Mo' fiya!
Dj Eddie Boyy 12:12 AM - 29 April, 2007
Damn, you guys don't know how blessed I am for those comments all you guys are dropping about my break. I appreciate, you guys playing it at your mobile gigs and clubs as well, the crazy part about this is that I was driving to my gig last night and I was on Latino 96.3fm listening to DJ EDDIE ONE(Heavy Hitter), and he dropped my fuego break on his set. That ish felt good mang, Once again good lookin' out peeps, and for those who have the track or are downloading it at this time, bang this track as much as you can. Much respect to all you guys. Peace! MOUT!!!

DJ EDDIE BOY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

P.S. Im in the lab cooking up anotha one for you guys, as we speak.
Kimozave your remix is fire mang!
DJ XTC 12:27 AM - 29 April, 2007
i cant wait till the next one
allenbina 7:18 PM - 29 April, 2007
Quote:
I was driving to my gig last night and I was on Latino 96.3fm listening to DJ EDDIE ONE(Heavy Hitter), and he dropped my fuego break on his set.

royalties??
sixxx 7:42 AM - 30 April, 2007
Quote:
Quote:
I was driving to my gig last night and I was on Latino 96.3fm listening to DJ EDDIE ONE(Heavy Hitter), and he dropped my fuego break on his set.

royalties??

You can't get royalties of shit you don't own. Well, not legally anyway. (Ask crooklyclan)

It's a nice party break DJ Eddie Boyy... this is coming from someone who hates party breaks and probably wouldn't play it anyway. :)

Nice work though. Keep it up.
Ab-Loon 2:39 PM - 30 April, 2007
You know u would play it sixx.....dont lie....HA
dj cubicle 7:52 PM - 30 April, 2007
Am I wrong for wanting to use this as the intro to a demo mix I'm recording tonight?
Dj Eddie Boyy 12:38 AM - 1 May, 2007
Not at all Cubicle, thats actually tight man, just do me a and shoot me out a copy of your mix. Thanks Sixxx and Allenbina, I really don't care about royalties I just want people to play it, I would love to walk in to a club and hear my breaks being played, that to me is much more better then getting royalties. Thanks guys.
Dj Cassidy 12:47 AM - 1 May, 2007
eddie legit mix certified heater
marknonsense1 1:07 AM - 1 May, 2007
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

royalties??

You can't get royalties of shit you don't own. Well, not legally anyway. (Ask crooklyclan)

It's a nice party break DJ Eddie Boyy... this is coming from someone who hates party breaks and probably wouldn't play it anyway. :)

Nice work though. Keep it up.

I seen sixx drop it the other day at the 902 club...lol ( Just playing)

DJEddieOne is the Man! I would go nuts if I were to hear my shit on 96.3! I would of loved to see your face once you heard it!
sixxx 4:18 AM - 1 May, 2007
lol @ marknonsense... How many party breaks did I drop in reality? ZERO. I hate them things. They take away from MY creativity.
marknonsense1 5:17 AM - 1 May, 2007
Quote:
lol @ marknonsense... How many party breaks did I drop in reality? ZERO. I hate them things. They take away from MY creativity.

I knew you'd like that. I didn't even see a Party Break in your HD.