DJing Discussion

This area is for discussion about DJing in general. Please remember the community rules when posting and try to be polite and inclusive.

My Neighbors Suck

Dj Cassidy 4:25 PM - 24 April, 2007
Alright so I live in the dorms at my college and I got all my dj gear up in there. Don't worry we got mad locks on the doors and shit but thats not the problem.

These 4 bitches that live next door are studying 24/7 man. Like I mean 24/7. Last Friday I'm makin a mix for my radio station at 330pm and they start poundin on the door sayin "turn the bass down! turn the bass down! we're studying!" Its fuckin Friday afternoon.

I dont have huge speakers in here, I just got my Altec Lansing desktop speakers hooked up with a small sub. So it really doenst bump in here. Kids got better speakers in here than me. But these bitches will leave notes on the door bang on my wall and everything man.

I've talked to them numerous times saying to them, "go to the library, this aint the honors dorm." The walls absolutley blow in this place tho. As I'm writing this I can clearly feel the bass (no vocals or any treble) of my suitemates music playin. But you know I'm not playin past 9pm or any bullshit like that. Those bitches ruin my vibe man.

Just had to get it off my mind fam. Chics have been going on like this whole semester thank god I got a week left in this place
The E Head 4:29 PM - 24 April, 2007
You know what they need?

Some hard c***, go sort them out! That'll stop them bitching
Dj KaGeN 5:02 PM - 24 April, 2007
buy them dinner.. make friends. OR MOVE to another room!!
dj cubicle 5:07 PM - 24 April, 2007
Quote:
buy them dinner.. make friends.

That's probably the best idea. Could work out REAL well for you. :)

I've been on both sides of that story. I'm a bit more crochety about my studying now that I'm trying to get into law school, so I can relate. Is it finals week? Either way, can't imagine this will be a problem much longer. When are you peacing out of SC? I was going to plan a trip down there in a couple weeks.
AKIEM 5:14 PM - 24 April, 2007
headphones
tig ol' bitties 5:25 PM - 24 April, 2007
damn shhhhun, you got bitches living next to you? if they hot, be a gentleman and accomodate them. send em flowers saying your sorry.
If they fat, smack dem ho's and tell em to shut they pudgy mouths!
Konix 5:39 PM - 24 April, 2007
Wow, I lived in a dorm my first year in college and it was like a 24/7 party in there, loud music, underage drinking, hella pot smoking. But we had a cool RA.
TreyPeezyDotCom 5:44 PM - 24 April, 2007
You need to find out when the quiet hrs are with ya RA, and friday its not till late usually, so u can blast all u want! I WAS AN RA, and BLAST MUSIC ALL THE TIME! good luck!
AFR33K1000 5:49 PM - 24 April, 2007
Quote:
shut they pudgy mouths

That one's going in the books.
DJJOHNNYM 5:57 PM - 24 April, 2007
LMAO@ having a small SUB in a dormroom....

Headphones man...with split cue.

Or, start stickin' one of the chicks....
tig ol' bitties 5:59 PM - 24 April, 2007
its college nevertheless. late night i can understand, but at 3pm, thats jus stupit. Its apparent they arent getting enough of the sour pickle.
sixxx 6:18 PM - 24 April, 2007
Quote:
headphones

Yup. Learn to make it happen using only these...
kicko 6:46 PM - 24 April, 2007
I bet they just dont like the music and it bothers them to no end. I always try to kill with kindness, why don't you make nice and ask them to hang out. Whatever you do DO NOT make a "hit list" or any other type of threating comments as of late they are not a popular choice.
DJ Autograph 7:19 PM - 24 April, 2007
Just adjust the Bass on your mixer. I had the same problem when I was in college.
john blaze 7:34 PM - 24 April, 2007
Nah ef all that. It's 330pm on Friday! Go get some Eon G2's and show 'em what loud really is.
grrillatactics 8:00 PM - 24 April, 2007
Quote:
headphones

Split cue... Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm... Split cue..
DJBlisk 8:06 PM - 24 April, 2007
kill them with flattery and make friends.
tig ol' bitties 8:09 PM - 24 April, 2007
Just knock on the wall and say ladies this one's for you, then drop "I wanna f*ck you" by snoop and akon, or "F*ck you" by Dre...Im sure that will help the cause.
Dj Cassidy 11:20 PM - 24 April, 2007
trust me bros if the ladies were hot i wouldnt be complaining but these girls are straight bookworms that dont shower. i'm far from a bookworm and i like to take showers
DJ Lagos 11:49 PM - 24 April, 2007
fk buying them dinner i like the other idea. go and try to f*ck them.
bandoma 12:00 AM - 25 April, 2007
Quote:
Just knock on the wall and say ladies this one's for you, then drop "I wanna f*ck you" by snoop and akon, or "F*ck you" by Dre...Im sure that will help the cause.

lol!!!
allenbina 7:17 PM - 25 April, 2007
Quote:
headphones

werd
allenbina 7:27 PM - 25 April, 2007
Quote:
headphones

werd
dj A deep 8:02 PM - 25 April, 2007
Quote:
trust me bros if the ladies were hot i wouldnt be complaining but these girls are straight bookworms that dont shower. i'm far from a bookworm and i like to take showers

some bookworms are not bad lol
poloi3eai2 9:06 PM - 25 April, 2007
Man I used to do that in the dorms my freshman year. I only had enough space for 2 crates. There was a bar near our dorm and one time I spun there and some friends and I carried my equiptment to the bar. Shit was funny.
Dj Cassidy 10:10 PM - 25 April, 2007
haha yo polo im a freshman here too and we got this ghetto ass club down the street i guest spot on thursday nights. I carry my shit there too

but got my name out there this year, steppin it up next year
Alixx J 7:56 PM - 26 April, 2007
I had the same problem, girl above me ended up moving out of halls because of it, she was a mature student as well (so sweet talk was out the question) and she didnt understand all this young rap and bang bang stuff - oh well.
DJ-A 2:37 PM - 27 April, 2007
seems time to make friends or enemies... it doesn’t sound like you want to make friends with them… so figure out what the exact rules are (breaking them can be bad news for you)
than pick a set that you know they won’t like, and wait until you know that they will hear it…

I did what I called the I’m a pimp and you’re a hoe set. Just cause I knew a chick that had pissed me off would be there. I got a call from her friend who tried to rip me a new one… I just told her that I’d make her a copy of the songs so she could have one too, and that everyone else who it wasn’t directed to loved it.

Had songs like big pimp’n, silly hoe, and can’t make a hoe a housewife.
tig ol' bitties 3:06 PM - 27 April, 2007
college girls are easy...
Nicky Blunt 3:17 PM - 27 April, 2007
Quote:
Quote:

some bookworms are not bad lol

some ares traight freaks too! I mean its not like the bbok worm chicks are getin hit on isit?
DJ-A 3:23 PM - 27 April, 2007
hell! he's in college! you think the only chicks are next door? i'm sure there are plenty hott chicks around that would love to come to his room and see his DJ stuff...
kicko 4:20 PM - 27 April, 2007
Quote:
college girls are easy...

Earth girls?
Dj Cassidy 4:39 PM - 27 April, 2007
i could give two shits about thes chics next to me. i got one more final left than headin back to boston.

DJ-A's got it. man if you've ever been to college it's like take your pick with the ladies. no need to worry about some bookworms that stay in they rooms everynight.
DJ-A 5:15 PM - 27 April, 2007
give them a piece of your mind before you leave... just dont touch the sexual harassment stuff