DJing Discussion

This area is for discussion about DJing in general. Please remember the community rules when posting and try to be polite and inclusive.

SL3 AND TRAKTOR

DJSHARK 7:17 AM - 30 November, 2010
Hey can I use my sl3 as a sound card with traktor pro softwere thanks.
Dj BuddyLove 12:57 PM - 30 November, 2010
no
Konix 2:04 PM - 30 November, 2010
Well, actually, yes now with the ASIO/Core Audio drivers for the SL3.
Rane, Support
Chad S. 6:51 PM - 30 November, 2010
Yes, you can now. You can use all of the Scratch Live gear now that the ASIO / CORE Audio drivers are out.
Dj BuddyLove 7:37 PM - 30 November, 2010
wow..ok i stand corrected.

Chad what about ASIO Drivers for W7/Vista the SL 1
i know you have them for XP
mastermind 7:41 PM - 30 November, 2010
i want to try my 57 with traktor
mastermind 7:51 PM - 30 November, 2010
Quote:
Yes, you can now. You can use all of the Scratch Live gear now that the ASIO / CORE Audio drivers are out.

Are there core drivers for the 57?
Rane, Support
Chad S. 8:41 PM - 30 November, 2010
Right now there are limitations with 64bit OS but there is a way to tell it that it is 32bit if using Ableton. I'm not really sure but I know I overhew\ard Zach discussing that.

Yes, those drivers apply to the TTM57 as well.
mastermind 8:44 PM - 30 November, 2010
so do i download the SL3 or the 68 core driver for use of the 57?
Rane, Support
Chad S. 10:08 PM - 30 November, 2010
Well, I stand corrected.

Traktor you can use on INT mode, not with control vinyl.

The Sl-1 has 32bit ASIO.

The TTM57 has the drivers already there.

The 64bit comment should of read - 64bit drivers are available but theprogram you use has to have 64bit driver support, which some do not.
Dj BuddyLove 10:18 PM - 30 November, 2010
Quote:

The Sl-1 has 32bit ASIO.

for W7 ??

if so Dammm it!!
im beginning to hate 64bit!
DJSHARK 11:55 PM - 30 November, 2010
So if I got the traktor time code records I still cant use my sl3 with traktor and my 1200's is that correct.The only reason I wanted to get traktor pro is to learn all the systems out there.I want to be well diverse.I will state that I will never give up my serato it is hands down the best and I feel good inside everytime I think about itThanks
mastermind 12:08 AM - 1 December, 2010
Quote:
So if I got the traktor time code records I still cant use my sl3 with traktor and my 1200's is that correct.The only reason I wanted to get traktor pro is to learn all the systems out there.I want to be well diverse.I will state that I will never give up my serato it is hands down the best and I feel good inside everytime I think about itThanks

no can do sir
DJSHARK 12:11 AM - 1 December, 2010
I figured because of the different interface.I would spend $100 but noe $300 for an audio 8 I would never use.Thanks
Cleberson 2:46 AM - 26 May, 2011
I'm also having serious problems with the drives Asio 64Bit at the moment there are limitations with 64-bit OS, arrange please these limitations so that we can also use 64Bit, compatibility within the operating system 64bit.
DJ Quartz 1:41 PM - 26 May, 2011
If you are expecting to use timecode control with any of the Rane hardware you are completely out of luck.

You can only use timecode control with NI hardware or Traktor Certified mixers.

You will only be able to use Rane devices as regular asio soundscards for internal playback Mode.
Cleberson 7:33 PM - 26 May, 2011
In 32bit runs perfectly even the timecode, problem only occurs on 64Bit.
the_black_one 8:26 PM - 26 May, 2011
Unless you have the cracked version of traktor that gives you timecoded record control with any audio card. :-D
Cleberson 2:44 PM - 27 May, 2011
I do not use Traktor, but I also have the original, traktor does not run videos, I use VDJ original video clips, has even bought video-sl but it does not cool as it is not compatible vob, dae bought the original VDJ timecode that runs perfectly But in 64bits not recognize the drive as Asio SL3, understand now.
DJ Em Nice 7:23 PM - 24 May, 2017
Hello everyone,

My apologies if this question is redundant.

The Traktor control vinyls will not work with Serato SL3, is that correct?
dj_soo 3:51 AM - 25 May, 2017
Traktor DVS only works with proprietary NI Cards and mixers or Traktor Certified mixers

So no, you can't use Traktor DVS with an SL3.
DJ Em Nice 2:20 PM - 25 May, 2017
dj_soo
Thank you. Thought as much but I thought I ask. Saw the white control vinyls and thought I purchase them and before making that purchase I thought I asked. Been trying to scoop up a pair of white vinyls for Serato but it's like finding the "great white buffalo".
Thanks again dj_soo.
dj_soo 7:36 PM - 26 May, 2017
White serato plates were never sold and only given to select djs by serato.
DJ Em Nice 9:23 PM - 27 May, 2017
That sucks but hey, a perk for being a top rated Serato DJ.
freshadon 12:43 AM - 17 September, 2017
Quote:
Traktor DVS only works with proprietary NI Cards and mixers or Traktor Certified mixers

So no, you can't use Traktor DVS with an SL3.

Incorrect, you can use Rane SL3 box with Traktor Scratch (DVS mode).
The Return of Dj Sparky 12:50 AM - 17 September, 2017
there was a white version of the Shibuya breaks sold
MPC O.G. 8:16 PM - 17 September, 2017
You can buy "UN-OFFICIAL" white vinyls al over the place.
DJ Em Nice 9:45 PM - 17 September, 2017
I haven't come across any except the Traktor white vinyls
WildcardX 1:29 PM - 18 September, 2017
You can get White Cv apart from what were given to Beta testers of Scratch Live. Apart from the Shibyas mentioned there are also the Eyecon set as well as there are a few Rane ones. However they can run you a pretty penny starting at a minumum of $400 a pair straight up to as much as $700 (Especially for Eyecons in particular.) There is a group on FB where they are some times sold as it is a groupd of Software Contol Vinyl Collectors. There is also the 1Stop DJ Shop out in LA that I believe may have them for sale from time to time but again certainly not cheap. There is also Unofficial custom option available for your consideration.