DJing Discussion

This area is for discussion about DJing in general. Please remember the community rules when posting and try to be polite and inclusive.

Scratch LIVE 1.7.2 Public Beta

Serato
James 10:17 PM - 19 April, 2007
Is now available here ->>www.scratchlive.net

And now for some useful info about the public beta:

There is a new area set up for the duration of the public beta. This area will contain the beta downloads, and we will also manage feedback in this area. This area will only be visible if you are logged in.

There are some very specific requests, guidelines and rules for anyone who participates in the public beta, and you will have to agree to these rules before you can join in the public beta - you don't need to agree now, a full list of the conditions will be displayed before you can get to the beta, and you'll have to click on an "I agree button" to continue. But since many of you are probably keen to get involved, here's an overview of what's involved in being part of the public beta.

- The public beta should be treated as unstable.
Do not use it at your gig, only test the beta if you can afford to have the system fail on you in some way. We've been beta testing 1.7 for months now, but we make no guarantees, it is still a beta. Requests for help posted in the public beta area will be ignored. If you have a support issue with any of the versions previous to 1.7, post them in the help area and we'll help you out.

- Please read all of the release notes before using the Public Beta.

- Please be as descriptive as possible.
Every post should describe the scenario under which the bug occurred, what operating system you are using, what type of machine, and any other relevant information. Please try to name the thread in a way that clearly describes the problem. List the steps you went through to make the problem occur, and how to reproduce it. For example.
Step 1: Put The left Virtual Deck into REL mode
2: Load a track to the left Virtual Deck
3: Start the track and click the loop in button
etc

- Stay on topic.
We will be ruthless in locking threads that veer off topic, and bear in mind that the public beta area will be going away when the final version is complete, so if an interesting conversation develops, move it to the General Discussion area.

- Where possible, verify reported bugs.
If you see someone else reporting a bug, see if you can reproduce it on your system. This will help us to resolve the bug faster, and it will also differentiate between bugs that occur on any machine given a set of circumstances, or if it is specific to one machine.

- Don't be offended if your question goes unanswered.
The moderators who will be reading the public beta areas will be looking for specific things - namely bugs to fix. In many cases this information will be taken back to the lab, dissected, boiled and distilled, all with the intention of fixing the problem. Not every report will be responded to, for several reasons. We might have a good idea what the problem is, and wait until we have a fix, for example. Or there might be several bug reports which we can see are caused by the same underlying bug. If you have a question that isn't about the beta, and it hasn't been answered, post it again in the relevant thread - Help, Feature suggestions or General.

Why are we doing a public beta?

There are several reasons to do a public beta. The number one reason is speed. More people looking for bugs = finding bugs faster = getting started on the next version sooner = more cool stuff = less waiting.

Why doesn't it have feature xyz?

There is a balance between implementing lots of improvements, and timely releases. We try to keep the changes between each version small so that they come out more often. If it's not in this version, don't think the feature you are after isn't coming!

Cheers,
James
AFR33K1000 11:24 PM - 19 April, 2007
Thank you...DL and testing.......
Julls 4:22 AM - 20 April, 2007
Word!
Maskrider 6:02 AM - 20 April, 2007
Thank you Very much........MIDI pls.
musiclee 6:04 AM - 20 April, 2007
yes, thanks, for vista and bug fixes

how much longer till we see midi?

my remote sl is awaiting
digital_steve 6:34 AM - 20 April, 2007
Quote:
how much longer till we see midi?

I think they've said it's in 1.8 about a hundred times champ
If you're asking when 1.8 is going to be out, then roll and dice and consult the tarot cards.
DJKelly 8:02 AM - 20 April, 2007
Maybe I missed it, but is 1.7.2 the "Vista" beta???
Dj Massive Vx 8:51 AM - 20 April, 2007
u guys should add serato to be able to read tracks off itunes
dj dawn 12:54 PM - 20 April, 2007
Quote:

Serato Scratch LIVE can read your iTunes library and this feature has been around since version 1.0!
Julls 1:12 PM - 20 April, 2007
Quote:

Yes!
Julls 1:12 PM - 20 April, 2007
Quote:

LOL!
AFR33K1000 1:38 PM - 20 April, 2007
..........and since I'm the CEO in this bitch, you should get right on the development of that Jukebox feature 'cause........

sixx, DJ Evil One, tig ol' bitties, Dj Ryme, Kool DJ Sheak One, djskeetz, Audio1, DJ d.range, SYK39, DJ Clark Breaking-Records.com, Julls, StoneRokk (especially, he really needs it- have you heard the poor guys mixing skills?) DJ-A, DJ.ReFRESH, DJTREND (really needs it), DJ_Mike_Coquilla, DJ Michael Basic, DJ GaFFle, Bigfourty4, s42000, HittinSkinzTa2, Josh (from Serato) , chirpflare (that's why he left), DjWoody, DeezNotes, DJ VICE, DJ XTURNAL.....

all said : "they want this feature REAL bad", in a private message they collectively sent me.
ral 1:40 PM - 20 April, 2007
is there a 'tweak for ssl' site for windows vista?????
AFR33K1000 1:43 PM - 20 April, 2007
You mean to tweak VIsta like you can tweak XP?....most of the tweaks are actually the same. So if you know how to do them under XP, you should be golden.
ral 1:58 PM - 20 April, 2007
ic, i'll check it out one time
DJ-A 2:30 PM - 20 April, 2007
The disclaimer scared me when it talked about messing up audio files... you guys (hopefully) have more experiance than i do with the updates...

what are the chances of having problems with this that will screw something up
grrillatactics 2:41 PM - 20 April, 2007
Um, WOW!!! Big changes. I am looking forward to checking it out on my system once I get home from work!
dj cubicle 3:24 PM - 20 April, 2007
Quote:
..........and since I'm the CEO in this bitch, you should get right on the development of that Jukebox feature 'cause........

sixx, DJ Evil One, tig ol' bitties, Dj Ryme, Kool DJ Sheak One, djskeetz, Audio1, DJ d.range, SYK39, DJ Clark Breaking-Records.com, Julls, StoneRokk (especially, he really needs it- have you heard the poor guys mixing skills?) DJ-A, DJ.ReFRESH, DJTREND (really needs it), DJ_Mike_Coquilla, DJ Michael Basic, DJ GaFFle, Bigfourty4, s42000, HittinSkinzTa2, Josh (from Serato) , chirpflare (that's why he left), DjWoody, DeezNotes, DJ VICE, DJ XTURNAL.....

all said : "they want this feature REAL bad", in a private message they collectively sent me.

For the record, I was not a part of this private message.
AFR33K1000 4:00 PM - 20 April, 2007
^^^^Shall I post?

C'mon you know you want Juke...........
dj disturbed 4:47 PM - 20 April, 2007
Quote:
Quote:

For the record, I was not a part of this private message.

Me either
AFR33K1000 4:59 PM - 20 April, 2007
Yeah right.
J0be 5:56 PM - 20 April, 2007
I hate to ask, but how long does beta testing usually take?

:/ sorry
K.R.N.G 95.1 FM 6:05 PM - 20 April, 2007
Quote:

I'd Say Normally A Week Or Two..But If Theres Major Problem's Found..Longer
DJ-A 6:07 PM - 20 April, 2007
Quote:
Quote:

a week or two? or do you mean a month or two? thats a real fast turn around time...
K.R.N.G 95.1 FM 6:16 PM - 20 April, 2007
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

a week or two? or do you mean a month or two? thats a real fast turn around time...
Thanks For The Correction..MY BAD..Was Thinking About Something Else While Typing..What He Said.
AFR33K1000 6:29 PM - 20 April, 2007
Quote:

For reference, go check the 1.7.1 Section (also home of the 1.7.2 ) www.scratchlive.net

and look at the history of posts there, It'll give you an Idea on the process.
dj disturbed 6:32 PM - 20 April, 2007
It noramaly only takes a week or 2 of public testing b4 they release the final ver.. unless there are alot of problems with the beta
DJ-A 6:40 PM - 20 April, 2007
sweet! thats fast!
Dj Massive Vx 6:43 PM - 20 April, 2007
i know it can read itunes tracks but i mean the one i bought from the itune store cuzz for some reason it cant on mine and i have 1.7.1
AFR33K1000 6:54 PM - 20 April, 2007
^^^Ahhhh, DRM files no, none of the DVS out right now can read those, they're protected files. Do a search on this site about DRM protected files. you'll find alot of info on work arounds. One being Burn to disc then re-import.
Dj Massive Vx 8:49 PM - 20 April, 2007
lol thats my point i am freakin lazzy i dont feel like doin that for every track lol
dj disturbed 8:51 PM - 20 April, 2007
Quote:
lol thats my point i am freakin lazzy i dont feel like doin that for every track lol

you find this support anytime soon.. unless the record companies deside for all of them to not use DRM anymore.... nothing serato can realy do about that
DJ-A 8:59 PM - 20 April, 2007
someone told me that you can export them to another file, than import them back... and that should get rid of the DRM, but remember that you still have to get it into MP3 format
Dj Massive Vx 10:34 PM - 20 April, 2007
does serato support any other form of audio files except mp3?
AFR33K1000 10:37 PM - 20 April, 2007
They're are other ways,................

I will spell it out that it!

S

O

U

N

D

T

A

X

I
K.R.N.G 95.1 FM 10:57 PM - 20 April, 2007
Quote:
does serato support any other form of audio files except mp3?
Dude Did You Read Your Manual?????
That Guy 1 11:39 PM - 20 April, 2007
It sounds like you Serato guys listened well, this time, and made interesting and functional improvements. Thx.
DJ-A 12:02 AM - 21 April, 2007
i read that you can download the time code online as well as the music file that ocmes on the software cd... cant find it though. can someone send me the link
Dj Massive Vx 3:22 AM - 21 April, 2007
hell no lol
Dj Massive Vx 3:22 AM - 21 April, 2007
hell no i didnt read the manual i lost it lol
DJ-A 3:38 AM - 21 April, 2007
Quote:
hell no i didnt read the manual i lost it lol

no big deal, i'll just go find my cd
mexicannnnnn 3:07 AM - 23 April, 2007
Quote:
i read that you can download the time code online as well as the music file that ocmes on the software cd... cant find it though. can someone send me the link

rane.com
DJ-A 3:39 AM - 23 April, 2007
ta daaaaa! thanks a million!!!
lumo 12:24 PM - 23 April, 2007
Sorry iam lost? Jukebox feature?
AFR33K1000 1:51 PM - 23 April, 2007
Oh Man, it's the best thing ever. Do a search on Jukebox (here) there's alot of good info on it..........

Matter of fact I'm going to go and put another request in the "feature requests " section right now.
lumo 3:15 PM - 23 April, 2007
jukebox feature is tech! but i dont know if i could use it?
DJ Bob 4:45 AM - 24 April, 2007
Beta solved the problems with dragging the mp3's into SSL but the Blue Screen still came up at close. I'm using hp Pavilion dv 9000,Vista home premium, duo processor, 2 gig ram, 240 gig hard drive. All features worked perfectly till shutdown. Use-able as is but still taking my cd's this week.
dj disturbed 7:45 AM - 24 April, 2007
Quote:
Beta solved the problems with dragging the mp3's into SSL but the Blue Screen still came up at close. I'm using hp Pavilion dv 9000,Vista home premium, duo processor, 2 gig ram, 240 gig hard drive. All features worked perfectly till shutdown. Use-able as is but still taking my cd's this week.

did you read the thread about how to install the vista drivers...... I beleave that if you read that thread in the beta forum and do what it says you will fix the BSOD issue
djshong 8:22 PM - 26 April, 2007
It's crazy when I shut down my gateway MT3705 it just crashes and starts right back up then i can shut it down?
DjSelfDestruct 7:45 AM - 27 April, 2007
Quote:
It's crazy when I shut down my gateway MT3705 it just crashes and starts right back up then i can shut it down?

I got the same problem too.
DJ MUZIK LUV/MANNY LUV 1:47 PM - 27 April, 2007
im new here, can anyone tell me where to download beta version 1.7.2, cant seem to locate it all the links bring me back here...thanks in advance
DJ MUZIK LUV/MANNY LUV 1:52 PM - 27 April, 2007
nevermind i got it...
DJ Bob 3:15 PM - 27 April, 2007
Thanx, I missed that, i'll check it out
Gav21male 4:50 PM - 27 April, 2007
Hi I have a sony vaio laptop and I am nearly in tears with frustration, I have vista and can get the software up and running but as soon as i try to mininimse it or close it my system memory dumps and shuts the comp dwn. HELP please!
AFR33K1000 5:10 PM - 27 April, 2007
You have too look! my friend this has been addressed MANY times!.............www.scratchlive.net
DJ Bob 4:48 AM - 28 April, 2007
Hey Disturbed, Thanx again, I deleted the SSL and reloaded the entire thing with the new beta and the new version of the driver. It works perfect so far, It seemed to like the full extraction of the files. I'll let you guys know how my Gig goes tomorrow
Late
DJ Bob 4:53 AM - 29 April, 2007
I guess the test without the usb hooked up was stupid. I have the correct versions and driver updates for Vista but still have the bsod problem. When I unhook the USB, I get a bsod, when I exit, I get a bsod. Is anyone using Vista on a new machine and having any success with this? I can't trust this on a gig, what th' f
DJ Bob 4:56 AM - 29 April, 2007
I know, it's a beta so I shouldn't expect much but f
dj disturbed 5:29 PM - 29 April, 2007
Quote:
I guess the test without the usb hooked up was stupid. I have the correct versions and driver updates for Vista but still have the bsod problem. When I unhook the USB, I get a bsod, when I exit, I get a bsod. Is anyone using Vista on a new machine and having any success with this? I can't trust this on a gig, what th' f

FOLLOW THE INSTRUCTIONS IN THE BETA AREA ABOUT HOW TO INSTALL THE VISTA DRIVERS RIGHT..... everyone else wo has followed the instructions is not having the BSOD issue anymore... Here is the lin to the exact thread on how to do it right... www.scratchlive.net
FlexyD 10:26 PM - 29 April, 2007
Bob I have a brand new machine with vista installed and until the dirvers came out I was getting the same Blue screen, follow the instructionson the link that disturbed put up above and you should be fine.
Butterican 11:58 PM - 29 April, 2007
Is there a version of scratch live thatcan beused for vista
AFR33K1000 12:10 AM - 30 April, 2007
HI,.............My name is Butterrican, and I hate searching.

Can someone hold my hand and show me where to download the new 1.7.2 Beta that works with Vista?
Butterican 12:25 AM - 30 April, 2007
AFR u a funny guy but if there is a link pls let me know..
AFR33K1000 12:32 AM - 30 April, 2007
Sorry couldn't resist.

www.scratchlive.net

And read this too, cause I don't want to hear any bitching about you getting BSOD.

www.scratchlive.net
DJSCIASCIA 1:08 AM - 30 April, 2007
Quote:
HI,.............My name is Butterrican, and I hate searching.

Can someone hold my hand and show me where to download the new 1.7.2 Beta that works with Vista?

Forgive my friend.....I gave him the link to this site and he's a lil "slow." hahahaah
Butterican 1:11 AM - 30 April, 2007
Good lookin out AFR appreciate it
Butterican 1:12 AM - 30 April, 2007
John u to funny but i have it now
AFR33K1000 1:20 AM - 30 April, 2007
Just stop it you two,...............no shenanigans on this here web site....OK?
matt212 3:07 AM - 30 April, 2007
Does this work on XP? They should really be working on drivers for XP. COME ON SERATO, STEP YOUR GAME UP!!!

Thanks, I'm new.
mexicannnnnn 3:30 AM - 30 April, 2007
Yes XP, VISTA , OS X 10.3/4.
Dj KaGeN 3:36 AM - 30 April, 2007
I have Win98 ME - will it work?

New I Thanks.
matt212 3:47 AM - 30 April, 2007
Kagen, you're not new, I'm new.

So mexicannnnn, are you saying "Yes it will work" or "Yes, it will not work"?
Dj KaGeN 4:25 AM - 30 April, 2007
ah hell na!!! - I'm new damnit!!!! Back off old stuff!!!
matt212 5:57 AM - 30 April, 2007
Who you calling old stuff, Barney Rubble. I'm new like a day old infant.
dj disturbed 8:17 AM - 30 April, 2007
now children!!! Dont make me put a pillow between you 2
Dj Kemo es ChinoREY 5:37 PM - 30 April, 2007
I have followed all the instructions on installing the new Vista Drivers to the T. When I get to the final tab to install, Vista tells me that my driver is already the one up to date. Still BSOD on shut down of Serato, or unplug of USB. Is there something that I'm missing??? I have read almost every thread and see that it works for some, but I still have a problem with it. Should I unistall the whole program and reinstall? what to do, please help. thanks.

Hp Pavilion dv6245, 1 gig ram, 1.6 ghz, 160 hd
Rane, Support
Shaun W 6:33 PM - 30 April, 2007
Have a look here for info on how to check the drivers you're using -->> www.scratchlive.net
FlexyD 6:36 PM - 30 April, 2007
Kemo i was having the same problems on my vista machine i had to go in an delete the old drivers before installing the new ones, try that and see if it helps
mexicannnnnn 3:50 AM - 1 May, 2007
Yes it works for all the ones I listed.
Brent Bartel 11:14 AM - 1 May, 2007
Quote:

I am having the same problem.. I have a new Vaio with Vista (SHITSTA) .. hate it. My motherboard fried on my last Vaio. Vista came on PC and can't get xp back on the pc after Vista contaminates it.. and have 1.7.1 installed, everything seems to work sometimes.. but sometimes when I plug in box, unplug box, it goes BLUE SCREEN.. dumps... although when its up and running, it seems to be going ok. I am just scared to use at a gig.. fucking freaks me out .. I am almost tempted to buy a MAC, but fucking hate Macs and loved XP and never had one problem or crash with it. NEVER. Hoping Vista or Serato catches up quick. I don't know what to do. been using friends computers all week.. musical laptops of who isn't djing each night, but can't do that forever. Sucks. Not to mention trying to organize 70 gigs of sound again in ITunes.. thats really fun too. I read the posts about new drivers, but how do I know if I have the right driver installed, and where do I look for that on my pc. Advice? Is there anyone using Vista successfully without crashes?? Please help!
FlexyD 2:19 PM - 1 May, 2007
Brent try this link ssl-wiki.help.bootlegs.de and see if it helps, Konix a fellow member did a great job on this how to guide of installing the vista drivers, I have Vista and I was getting the blue screen but not anymore and as long as you follow these instructions you shouldn't either. Also Vista may tell you that the correct drivers are installed already if it does that just delete the xp drivers before installing the vista drivers. Hope that helps!
steven wynen 2:23 PM - 1 May, 2007
the problem I have since version 1.6.3 with wav files is in version 1.7.2 not solved...
exactly the same problem as in 1.7.1, see link below.

www.scratchlive.net

greeetz steven.
Rane, Support
Shaun W 4:13 PM - 1 May, 2007
Quote:
the problem I have since version 1.6.3 with wav files is in version 1.7.2 not solved...

www.scratchlive.net

greeetz steven.

Please post for help in the appropriate thread.
steven wynen 7:57 AM - 2 May, 2007
Quote:
Quote:

www.scratchlive.net

greeetz steven.

Please post for help in the appropriate thread.

I tought this was the posting area for posting bugs when testing version 1.7.2...?
In the help area my peoblem 'will be fixed in the next update'
I just want to say that the wav-problem is not fixed.

sorry
greeetz steven
mexicannnnnn 11:57 AM - 2 May, 2007
This isnt the right area, you should post in the Beta section.
DjMarleimar 3:09 PM - 2 May, 2007
I have Serato I justed purchased! My laptop has Windows Vista on it! How can I install it on my laptop? HELP ME!!!! Someone said there is a download for Vista! I need it
That Guy 1 3:23 PM - 2 May, 2007
Use the search function to research related posts.
Rane, Support
Shaun W 3:33 PM - 2 May, 2007
Quote:
I have Serato I justed purchased! My laptop has Windows Vista on it! How can I install it on my laptop? HELP ME!!!! Someone said there is a download for Vista! I need it

Please read the below post then click on the red link to get access to the public beta area.

Quote:
Is now available here:

www.scratchlive.net

And now for some useful info about the public beta:

There is a new area set up for the duration of the public beta. This area will contain the beta downloads, and we will also manage feedback in this area. This area will only be visible if you are logged in.

There are some very specific requests, guidelines and rules for anyone who participates in the public beta, and you will have to agree to these rules before you can join in the public beta - you don't need to agree now, a full list of the conditions will be displayed before you can get to the beta, and you'll have to click on an "I agree button" to continue. But since many of you are probably keen to get involved, here's an overview of what's involved in being part of the public beta.

- The public beta should be treated as unstable.
Do not use it at your gig, only test the beta if you can afford to have the system fail on you in some way. We've been beta testing 1.7 for months now, but we make no guarantees, it is still a beta. Requests for help posted in the public beta area will be ignored. If you have a support issue with any of the versions previous to 1.7, post them in the help area and we'll help you out.

- Please read all of the release notes before using the Public Beta.

- Please be as descriptive as possible.
Every post should describe the scenario under which the bug occurred, what operating system you are using, what type of machine, and any other relevant information. Please try to name the thread in a way that clearly describes the problem. List the steps you went through to make the problem occur, and how to reproduce it. For example.
Step 1: Put The left Virtual Deck into REL mode
2: Load a track to the left Virtual Deck
3: Start the track and click the loop in button
etc

- Stay on topic.
We will be ruthless in locking threads that veer off topic, and bear in mind that the public beta area will be going away when the final version is complete, so if an interesting conversation develops, move it to the General Discussion area.

- Where possible, verify reported bugs.
If you see someone else reporting a bug, see if you can reproduce it on your system. This will help us to resolve the bug faster, and it will also differentiate between bugs that occur on any machine given a set of circumstances, or if it is specific to one machine.

- Don't be offended if your question goes unanswered.
The moderators who will be reading the public beta areas will be looking for specific things - namely bugs to fix. In many cases this information will be taken back to the lab, dissected, boiled and distilled, all with the intention of fixing the problem. Not every report will be responded to, for several reasons. We might have a good idea what the problem is, and wait until we have a fix, for example. Or there might be several bug reports which we can see are caused by the same underlying bug. If you have a question that isn't about the beta, and it hasn't been answered, post it again in the relevant thread - Help, Feature suggestions or General.

Why are we doing a public beta?

There are several reasons to do a public beta. The number one reason is speed. More people looking for bugs = finding bugs faster = getting started on the next version sooner = more cool stuff = less waiting.

Why doesn't it have feature xyz?

There is a balance between implementing lots of improvements, and timely releases. We try to keep the changes between each version small so that they come out more often. If it's not in this version, don't think the feature you are after isn't coming!

Cheers,
James
mexicannnnnn 1:10 AM - 3 May, 2007
This is turning into the last beta thread where everytime there was a new person who came they would ask where the beta is cuz they didn't feel like reading the first post.. or any under it.
AFR33K1000 2:11 AM - 3 May, 2007
^^^^Agreed, quite frustrating for regular, frequent members 'round here. I can only imagine how miserable it must be for the mods.
That Guy 1 2:44 AM - 3 May, 2007
^^^^Agreed to agree
DJ1MX 4:37 AM - 3 May, 2007
My itunes playlist is not showing after a successful Vista Driver Update. Ive tryd clicking, Unclicking the "Show itunes library" and Nothing. Tried opening closing both Itunes & SL Several times. Anny suggestions?
dj disturbed 4:23 PM - 3 May, 2007
Quote:
My itunes playlist is not showing after a successful Vista Driver Update. Ive tryd clicking, Unclicking the "Show itunes library" and Nothing. Tried opening closing both Itunes & SL Several times. Anny suggestions?

stop using iTunes......
DJ_Mike_Coquilla 10:13 AM - 4 May, 2007
Afreek1k, can i get that jukebox thingy to do auto beat matching, and possibly auto xfade from ch1 to ch2, then vice versa?
DJ Bob 12:11 AM - 5 May, 2007
Dj's still fighting the Vista problem, just listen to Disturbed, I finally followed all of the steps (actually did them instead of thinking I could figure it out)and the problems went away. I'm a DJ not a computer geek but because of disturbed, my S! works, Thanx. One tip, delete the driver completely before working the steps and installing the vista driver. If you follow all of the steps correctly you will get a prompt to restart your system, do it and your S! works. OK Thanx Disturbed, damn you, now go outside and get some sun.....lol
dj disturbed 12:14 AM - 5 May, 2007
dont thank me.. thank the ones who wrote the wiki on how to install it right......
djtheoretic 3:43 PM - 7 May, 2007
Just wanted to know if ssl beta 1.72 is safe for windows vita???? im not a computer geek and don't want my laptop to crash or get messed up. what should i do?? should i go ahead and buy serato and download the Beta 1.7.2 on my new laptop or should i wait till everything is safe??????
FlexyD 3:50 PM - 7 May, 2007
theoretic it is safe, do a search and you will see!!!
Maskrider 11:30 PM - 7 May, 2007
Quote:
Just wanted to know if ssl beta 1.72 is safe for windows vita???? im not a computer geek and don't want my laptop to crash or get messed up. what should i do?? should i go ahead and buy serato and download the Beta 1.7.2 on my new laptop or should i wait till everything is safe??????

Seek and you shall find
djdoc 7:08 AM - 8 May, 2007
Quote:

I've used it for 3 nights now, the first night it was working perfectly until i froze and then that happened again a little later. Not sure if that was the track i was trying to load out of the prepare box or the beta - but i have never had that happen before. either way, i used it 2 more nights with no problems but I didn't use the prepare box.
Dj Tage1 6:55 PM - 8 May, 2007
I just installed 1.7.2 on my windows Xp Pro laptop. It works fine @ home (im not trying to use it @ the club yet.) My question is when I use the auto gain feature, does it automatically adjust the level of the song without moving the volume level of the decks up? (I hope that made sense)Or does the software just set all songs to the preset Db (preset by myself) thats specified within auto gain feature on the setup screen and i can still adjust the volume level if I need more gain?

I hope I was clear enough.

Thanks,

Tage
That Guy 1 9:11 PM - 8 May, 2007
Quote:
I just installed 1.7.2 on my windows Xp Pro laptop. It works fine @ home (im not trying to use it @ the club yet.) My question is when I use the auto gain feature, does it automatically adjust the level of the song without moving the volume level of the decks up? (I hope that made sense)Or does the software just set all songs to the preset Db (preset by myself) thats specified within auto gain feature on the setup screen and i can still adjust the volume level if I need more gain?

I hope I was clear enough.

Thanks,

Tage

You should use the forum's 'Search' box before asking questions.

The answer is that the channel gains are visibly adjusted per song.
djjamesslaven 6:06 PM - 10 May, 2007
YEAAAAAAAHHH!!! just got my new lap top today installed serato 1.72 and it works a treat :)
Tabu 6:49 PM - 10 May, 2007
hi, can you tell me if when the 1.7.2 final is released, it will be avaiable in 64 bits?
thanks
Serato
James 8:30 AM - 15 May, 2007
Public Beta 2 is now online...
DJ SHY 1:49 PM - 15 May, 2007
niiiice work....public beta 1 worked flawless for me on my vista HP laptop.....7hour gig...no problems!!!
DJDQ 2:36 PM - 15 May, 2007
Any word on AAc support?
DJSEVERE 9:34 PM - 15 May, 2007
After I downloaded the beta it worked perfectly fine with my windows vista laptop. I didn't have any problems with it. When is there going to be a final released.
dj_delusion 12:57 AM - 16 May, 2007
everyone is complaining about Serato not working on Vista or XP and the new public beta not working, I got the cure...GET A MAC, you will no problems guaranteed
Dj KaGeN 2:01 AM - 16 May, 2007
how about you mind your own business or go shove a mac up your ass, fanboy
tig ol' bitties 2:08 AM - 16 May, 2007
Quote:

PUHAHAHA!!
dj_delusion 4:35 AM - 16 May, 2007
Quote:
you sound angry maybe its because your still using Win98 ME, I'd be angry to. one word -Upgrade-, there have been a number of Windows upgrades available since 98. Nothing against PC's or Windows or people that use them, I've used both I'm just saying that I made the switch and I have had no problems with Serato.
J0be 12:56 PM - 16 May, 2007
Switching's for pussies, I like the challenge of the tweak!

;o)
Dj KaGeN 2:37 PM - 16 May, 2007
look buster, I do not know what rock you appeared from out under, but it's time for you to return to your little shelter. Nobody called for a cheerleader in theses parts. Macs are not the save all solution. Should I waste my precious time gathering threads (on this forum) for you to peruse and realize that macs 'crash' also? Or you can take your pom-poms and go look for yourself. I think the second might be a blow to your swelling Steve Jobs ego - and you'll not want to open your eyes to a nightmarish reality. So, keep your suggestive comments to yourself.
DJ Ambassador Jr. 5:31 PM - 16 May, 2007
1.7.2 Rules!!! oh, and ... Macs Rule too!!! ah! ah! ah!
armon 6:47 AM - 17 May, 2007
Quote:
Quote:
you sound angry maybe its because your still using Win98 ME, I'd be angry to. one word -Upgrade-, there have been a number of Windows upgrades available since 98. Nothing against PC's or Windows or people that use them, I've used both I'm just saying that I made the switch and I have had no problems with Serato.

dude, you don't know what you're saying...

there's no "Win98 ME" there's Windows ME and Windows 98 SE..

jeeeez...
DJ-A 4:27 PM - 17 May, 2007
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

dude, you don't know what you're saying...

there's no "Win98 ME" there's Windows ME and Windows 98 SE..

jeeeez...

I hate it when people try to make a point about something they dont have experiance with... at the same time though i just think that all of the PC users are always going to be jealious because their computers aren't as "cute" (pfff whatever...)

i do get annoyed though with macs frequently because i cant get it to do what i want to do...
That Guy 1 4:38 PM - 17 May, 2007
Let's stop the Mac vs PC non-sense.

PC's are better.
Dj KaGeN 4:38 PM - 17 May, 2007
Those that owns macs are proud owners and I can appreciate their choice and love for them, but I and everyone else do not need Jehovah witness style campaigning that my choice is not right. I will never understand the psychology of overpaying for a product and then have a crushing need to show it off and then drag everyone else down with you? Live and Let Live.
DJ-A 4:52 PM - 17 May, 2007
Quote:
Those that owns macs are proud owners and I can appreciate their choice and love for them, but I and everyone else do not need Jehovah witness style campaigning that my choice is not right. I will never understand the psychology of overpaying for a product and then have a crushing need to show it off and then drag everyone else down with you? Live and Let Live.

I had a person who sells macs tell me that dollar for dollar that if you take most PC's and give them the same stats, that you would be paying a lot more. they said the Dell equivalent of a Mac Book Pro would be hundreds more
dj dawn 5:01 PM - 17 May, 2007
This thread is about the new beta! The discussion about Macs and PCs don't belong here. Start a new thread if you want to discuss it further *police voice* ;-)
Dj KaGeN 5:10 PM - 17 May, 2007
*4th grader voice* he started it!! jerk!!
dj dawn 5:49 PM - 17 May, 2007
Quote:
*4th grader voice* he started it!! jerk!!

Ha ha!
djmassimo 7:13 PM - 17 May, 2007
if the last beta worked fine for me .do i really need to upgrade.
the only problems i run into now are how dusty the needles get .got to stock up on vynil cleaner.=)

-proud vista/pc owner-
djmassimo 7:34 PM - 17 May, 2007
also this has been a very entertaining thread..full of drama and comedy. perfect for a silver screen or tv...=)
Dj Metro 11:23 PM - 17 May, 2007
at the end of the day.................its all the same shit with a difrent name........rock whatever works best 4 u.....
Dj KaGeN 11:26 PM - 17 May, 2007
ya I get that, I'm talking about the uncalled for repetitive solicitation that just irks. That nobody ever addresses or cops too.
DJ G TRAX 11:13 AM - 18 May, 2007
umm just wondering do i need to install beta 1 first and then beta 2 or just install beta 2 and im good to go
BriChi 12:57 PM - 18 May, 2007
Just install beta 2, you will be good
DJUltimate 2:38 PM - 18 May, 2007
Quote:

PC's are better.

I thought you got "BANNED" ??
That Guy 1 6:25 PM - 18 May, 2007
Quote:
Quote:

PC's are better.

Are you slow?
DJUltimate 7:47 PM - 18 May, 2007
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

PC's are better.

Are you slow?

Apparently
DJUltimate 7:49 PM - 18 May, 2007
OR.... maybe I have a life and don't spend every waking hour scouring the forums to find out why there is a name almost identical yours that says "BANNED" under it.
That Guy 1 11:03 PM - 18 May, 2007
Quote:
OR.... maybe I have a life and don't spend every waking hour scouring the forums to find out why there is a name almost identical yours that says "BANNED" under it.

Don't start a wasteful argument.

1) I got banned.
2) I came back.
3) So what?
Dj KaGeN 11:05 PM - 18 May, 2007
Quote:
3) So what?

you jackin Tyra Banks lines?
That Guy 1 11:10 PM - 18 May, 2007
"Johnny KaGen with the assist!"
Serato, Support
Matt G 11:05 PM - 19 May, 2007
Settle people. I'm back from holiday and ready to start banning people again. So let's keep the nastiness out of this thread and maybe at a stretch even keep it on topic, okay?
DJRodrigoSM.br 9:49 PM - 21 May, 2007
Do the SL1 Asio Driver Public Beta 2 discussions belong here too? Found no thread for it elsewhere...
Serato, Support
Matt G 10:17 PM - 21 May, 2007
There's a thread here [www.scratchlive.net] announcing the ASIO driver public beta 2, and it would probably be best to discuss that beta in the 1.7 Public Beta area: www.scratchlive.net
dj cubicle 2:57 PM - 25 May, 2007
5 hours of use with the beta last night, not a single issue.
DJDEMP 1:55 AM - 28 May, 2007
I Think I had more fun reading the new soap opera thread....I forgot what the original thread was about...Yall cats are funny ass hell ROTFLMAO!!!!
Serato
James 5:50 AM - 30 May, 2007
1.7.2 has now gone final
DJ-A 6:46 AM - 30 May, 2007
Wooo Hoo
dj disturbed 7:56 AM - 30 May, 2007
does that mean 1.8 beta is comming soon ;-)
Xfade 8:34 AM - 30 May, 2007
Go 1.8 beta! :D I'm already looking at the forum every 5 minutes to see if it is released :P
Dj KaGeN 5:35 PM - 30 May, 2007
with 1.7.2 being FINALIZED !!!!!!

we're now 1 step closer.....to 1.8

damn the wait is killing me....
ash19 4:02 AM - 31 May, 2007
Quote:

whats all the fuss i down loaded the dang thang and got nothing