Software help archive

A read-only archive of old serato.com help threads.

Is there a way to split Ableton over 2 channels in the bridge?

Product
The Bridge
Version
Ableton
Scratch Live
Hardware
Ortofon | Serato S-120
Computer
PC
OS
Platform
-
Jimmy Lawson 9:24 PM - 27 November, 2010
Product: thebridge
Computer: pc
OS Version: xp
---

I'm using Serato & Ableton together at the moment in studio only. When I use Ableton on it's own I'm able to split it into two channels on my mixer by routing Ableton's audio through the SL1. Works great, as good as the dedicated Ableton sound card that I did have (and now sold as redundant!)
This allows me to use the second channel for cueing a track, sample or channel when playing on the fly.

What I'd like to be able to do is the same thing when using Ableton in the Bridge through the Serato interface/ software. Is this possible?
Thanks
Jimmy
pvk 2:27 PM - 28 November, 2010
Hey Jimmy Lawson
you would need to use another audio interface & run that specifically for audio for ableton.
Serato/Bridge would control all the midi function's & the sound card would run all the audio with the external audio interface.
It would also free up your 2 output's on your SL1 to get even more creative!
Jimmy Lawson 6:02 PM - 28 November, 2010
So I could run my SL1 with another audio interface at the same time?
Eg. M Audio Firewire Audiophile for live and SL1 for Serato both programs running with the bridge.
Serato, Forum Moderator
Matt-C 10:57 PM - 28 November, 2010
Hi Jimmy Lawson.

Yes, you can just select the M Audio Audiophile as your Ableton Live soundcard as you would normally, you don't need to use the Rane hardware as the audio device, it's just another option for users to do so.
7:00 AM, 13 Dec 2010
This help request has been closed due to inactivity.