DJing Discussion

This area is for discussion about DJing in general. Please remember the community rules when posting and try to be polite and inclusive.

An Idea for us! Club Serato???? lol

djknyce 4:09 AM - 12 April, 2007
I think I remember either Kagen or Nik mentioning something like this, so I guess this would be kinda copy catish. But do you guys know of anywhere we can maybe setup a video and sound room, sorta like paltalk-ish? Then we can all kinda hang out there as well and take turns rocking small sets. I think that would be dope........just an idea though. Hit me with any ideas!
djknyce 7:39 PM - 25 April, 2007
no one interested no ideas??? guess not
djknyce 7:40 PM - 25 April, 2007
just think this would be a good way to see if people are as good as they portray themselves to be on the board, tutorials, battles!
Dj Cassidy 7:51 PM - 25 April, 2007
i think we should start off with live internet radio for all us. see how that goes first
djknyce 7:55 PM - 25 April, 2007
wasnt somebody trying to get that going?
Dj Cassidy 7:56 PM - 25 April, 2007
yea
djknyce 7:57 PM - 25 April, 2007
i wonder what happened with it,
dj cubicle 8:05 PM - 25 April, 2007
I'd be up for it. I wonder if we could get like 30 peeps who were interested if we could write up a proposal and get Serato to cover the hosting cost...
djknyce 8:19 PM - 25 April, 2007
It would be crazy! we could have guest dj's and everything. Cubicle would you be willing to work on it with me?
dj cubicle 8:29 PM - 25 April, 2007
Sure thing. It's worth a shot anyway.
djknyce 8:30 PM - 25 April, 2007
have you ever been to paltalk?
dj cubicle 8:38 PM - 25 April, 2007
not at all. i can check it out when i get home though.

...hmmm....

On Friday, 23 March 2007 a UK man killed himself by hanging live on his webcam in an 'insult' room on PalTalk. Many chat room members were telling him to do it until they realized it was for real and not a prank as they first thought. The police were called but did not arrive in time and he was pronounced dead at the scene.

We'll have to be extra nice to nik. :)
The Little Trooper 8:41 PM - 25 April, 2007
Quote:
i think we should start off with live internet radio for all us. see how that goes first

Quote:
I'd be up for it. I wonder if we could get like 30 peeps who were interested if we could write up a proposal and get Serato to cover the hosting cost...

I'd be up for it too. It would be pretty easy. Everyone can set up Winamp + the Shoutcast plug-in.

Then if Serato or another host was found, everybody would just webcast 1 stream to the central server, and it would be re-webcast.
djknyce 8:46 PM - 25 April, 2007
hmmmm, little trooper seems like you know something about this.

MODS can we please please do this!!!
djknyce 8:47 PM - 25 April, 2007
and thats crazy cubicle....i used to go on there all the time and spin tunes in the rooms. thats a crazy place though
dj cubicle 8:47 PM - 25 April, 2007
Yeah, my worry was letting 30 people directly connect to my shoutcast server. I'm sure Comcrap would have a fit about that.
djknyce 8:50 PM - 25 April, 2007
can you do that? see, i dont know how shoutcast works.
FlexyD 8:54 PM - 25 April, 2007
Yo I spin on an internet station weekly another good program to use besides shoutcast is SAM broadcaster it is realy easy to use and has alot of more options than shoutcast( you can even broadcast shoutcast through sam)but you need to make sure you are hardwired into your modem/router because live broadcast on wireless can produce alot of dropouts. And Cubicle you're right about comcrap lol
djknyce 8:54 PM - 25 April, 2007
im gonna look into it tonite, ill be back with an update tommorrow.
gzentertainment 9:19 PM - 25 April, 2007
Wait, so what's the proposal for now? Live internet radio? I would be down.
Psyko Logical 9:43 PM - 25 April, 2007
Me too.
djknyce 12:24 AM - 26 April, 2007
i would like to do video but that may be too much bandwidth
K.R.N.G 95.1 FM 12:00 AM - 27 April, 2007
Had some free time to kill & set this up..it's all ready to go for live video & audio internet radio. all you need is a webcam & soundcard.only prob is how to set up a schedule and who to give the password too..any sugestions? Mabey The Mods what to take on this page..it's up for grabs..i can't run it. any bids!!::::::>www.stickam.com
djknyce 12:19 PM - 27 April, 2007
i cant look at it @ work, but when you say bids are you selling the whole thing outright?
gzentertainment 12:35 PM - 27 April, 2007
I think just audio would be sufficient. How different could videos be for various DJs using Serato? It's not like we're showing video of a dancefloor.
djknyce 1:34 PM - 27 April, 2007
i think the video would be good cause then you could see a persons various mixing techniques. not to mention it would kill some of this tough talk people on the boards do......oh yeah
Nicky Blunt 3:43 PM - 27 April, 2007
id be up for that too!

holla
K.R.N.G 95.1 FM 1:50 AM - 28 April, 2007
Any bids was a joke...I'm not selling it just trying to find the right person with good ideas to run & operate it..
Quote:
i think the video would be good cause then you could see a persons various mixing techniques. not to mention it would kill some of this tough talk people on the boards do......oh yeah
Nice!! quote btw djknyce, That's one of the reasons i set it up..
Quote:
I think just audio would be sufficient.
Forgot to mention you could run it without video..but what fun would that be..?
K.R.N.G 95.1 FM 2:15 AM - 28 April, 2007
the cool thing is the host chat player :::::>webmaster.stickam.com if everyone intrested gets a free account you can go live video chat with whoever is on. (up to 5 peeps) and if you dont whant to go live vid just online chatc with them even if you dont have a account. it handels as far as i know a unlimated amount of peeps.
DJ_Mike_Coquilla 7:23 AM - 28 April, 2007
i'll be the lights guy, pushin buttons
K.R.N.G 95.1 FM 8:12 AM - 28 April, 2007
^^lol Mike I'll Keep You In Mind
djknyce 1:28 PM - 30 April, 2007
is there anyway we can get more than 5 peeps on?
K.R.N.G 95.1 FM 11:54 PM - 30 April, 2007
For Live Video & Audio No!!! There is a limit of 5 See Here:::>webmaster.stickam.com only 5 screens on the right..But unlimated chat opening's with out vid & audio.