DJing Discussion

This area is for discussion about DJing in general. Please remember the community rules when posting and try to be polite and inclusive.

Music stopped again with my new laptop and 57

DJmikeymike 6:02 PM - 31 October, 2010
So last night it happened again. I have the 57 with 2.1.1 and new Sony Viao i5 laptop. I am playing and all of a sudden pop the music stops. Serato looks fine still running but no sound coming out of my mixer. I quickly throw in a mix cd into my 3700 and get my music playing then I try to restart Serato and everything comes up and looks like it is working but still no sound out of the mixer. I try restarting the latop and samething everything looks like it is working but no sound. I checked the device manager in windows and I can see the 57 and everything looks normal. The only way I can get music to come back on with Serato is restart the 57.

So is this the usb 1.1 issue with the iCore or is this a problem with my 57? I NEED THIS FIXED ASAP.
DJmikeymike 3:29 AM - 1 November, 2010
Well after doing some reading it looks like the problem is usb 1.1 so I will have to get a new latop with a old processor or switch to the SL3 or 68. Well I really don't want to spend $2500 for a new mixer or lose mixer control with the SL3 and pay $800.

Trakor is on sale for %55 off so I can get the Kontrol X1 and Traktor Pro for $499......
DJMark 10:05 PM - 2 November, 2010
Quote:
So last night it happened again. I have the 57 with 2.1.1 and new Sony Viao i5 laptop. I am playing and all of a sudden pop the music stops. Serato looks fine still running but no sound coming out of my mixer. I quickly throw in a mix cd into my 3700 and get my music playing then I try to restart Serato and everything comes up and looks like it is working but still no sound out of the mixer. I try restarting the latop and samething everything looks like it is working but no sound. I checked the device manager in windows and I can see the 57 and everything looks normal. The only way I can get music to come back on with Serato is restart the 57.

It's possible that you might just have a failing 57.

I very recently had a 57 (that's installed in a club) fail with exactly the symptoms you describe very recently. Three instances in a week, three different DJ's/three different computers, and all cases the only way to get Scratch Live working again was to power the mixer off and back on.
DJmikeymike 11:51 PM - 6 November, 2010
well I will find out tonight. I picked up a core 2 laptop and this will be my first try tonight with it. I am a little upset because I thought this might be the issue and I called Serato support and they said it the i5 was causing the problem and the guy wouldn't hear anything else. To me it feels like a mixer problem.
DJ DU 12:54 AM - 18 November, 2010
I've been having the same problem recently. I have an i-5 processor and I have been using it for six months but just this week the same problem started. I would have to power the 57 down and turn it back on to get it back working. Is there a glitch in the 57? Please help someone?
dj_phonetic 12:44 PM - 18 November, 2010
I have the same problem!
DJ EDi 12:16 AM - 20 November, 2010
im having the same problem??? I've used 3 different laptops now and 6 different USB leads and ports and RCA's, even posted a forum and no joy there. It's not even 6 months old?!?!? This is a real worry and it's really annoying it cuts out in front of almost 300 people every week now for the past month!! HELP...
feelthemusic 1:50 AM - 21 November, 2010
I totally agree there is an issue. I went to a new acer laptop windows 7, 64 bit, and now I get the same issue: the audio just stops. I never got with my old laptop. Somebody say something. I thought Serato's big thing was "that serato works" when other software brands would do this crap to us. Well, Im beginning to loose faith.
Should I downgrade to a different serato version, firmware. Someone tell me what is going on.
DJ EDi 3:22 AM - 22 November, 2010
Down grading firmware hasn't fixed the problem even down grading serato scratch to original as bought problem still exists. I really desperately need a solution othwrwise I wont be able to use it for work due to it being too unstable.
DJMark 11:09 PM - 22 November, 2010
I have to think, based on what I've seen and the other posts in this thread, that there must be some issue where just connecting an i5/i7 Windows laptop to (at least certain versions of) the 57 is somehow "poisoning" the internal ScratchLive interface in a way that requires power-cycling the mixer to get it working again.

What's very strange is that several times we had the mixer going into the "sudden ScratchLive death" behavior long after the one DJ's Windows laptop was disconnected and while someone else was DJ-ing on it with a Core2Duo MacBook Pro. We're talking hours/days later.

In over 4 years of using TTM57's, I've never seen anything like this before.

As I mentioned before, the mixer that we were seeing this happening with was replaced a few weeks ago. The replacement is the latest hardware revision (the old mixer was rev 2 with the "flat" buttons). We've now had the one i7 Windows laptop-using DJ connect and use the new mixer several times, and haven't seen any more of the problems so far (crossing fingers/knocking on wood).

If other people could verify: does the failure only affect the ScratchLive inputs? In other words, does the rest of the mixer (input from CD's or whatever) still work while the mixer is in the "ScratchLive failure" state? That has been the situation I've seen.
DJ EDi 6:29 AM - 23 November, 2010
Yes the rest of the mixer inputs such as the CDJ/vinyl and operations eg. Cues, track and crate selectors - all work perfectly. Just all audio from all outputs stop and sound level meters cease working or showing any sign of frequency being registered even though on screen it's playing as if it was normally?