Serato Software Feature Suggestions

What features would you like to see in Serato software?

Location Rule for Smart Crates

Silverbeat 10:40 AM - 25 October, 2010
Hello, Maybe I have this wrong and there is a way around but it would be useful to have location as a rule in smart crates.

File name contains 'c:\music\dnb\' for example doesn't work

any help appreciated!
Silverbeat 9:11 AM - 27 October, 2010
or comments...
Silverbeat 10:38 AM - 5 November, 2010
or any response at all would b nice
cedricg 5:49 PM - 20 February, 2011
I've stored my music library and crates on an external device. it would be cool if I could use my smart crates when plugging my external device to another computer with serato installed.

my preferred solution would be that smart crates are able to be moved to an external device (like crates). it would also make sense if the moved smart crates only scan the crates on the device the smart crates are stored.

is there any chance of getting this feature? i cannot use smart crates until this is solved somehow...
Silverbeat 10:51 PM - 21 February, 2011
this is how i have serato setup. keeping all my music on an external hardrive.

i plugged my hard drive into another laptop recently and all my crates loaded up.

have you tired this out?

this is a separate issue to the one i raised. maybe worth starting another topic?
cedricg 11:03 PM - 21 February, 2011
"standard" crates work just fine on my external device. my issue is about "smart crates" that apparently are not working when stored on external devices. i've seen other posts stating that same problem and that the devs have put that on their list (hopefully released soon...)

and yes, its another issue. sorry for posting this here.

but: location rule could be a very simple solution for me, too. I then could create smart rules on my computer, copy them to the external device and move them to the computer where i plug in my external device. I guess with the correct location set in those smart crates they would just show the stuff on the external device... a little complicated but i could live with this since its probably not much work to do for the devs to add such a location rule.
Auronis 8:47 PM - 21 April, 2011
+1 to OP. Bump.
DJ Dickie 1:19 AM - 11 May, 2023
Yep 13 years later. Still waiting.

For me, I see this as a cool way to automatically make crates based on true file location. If you put any sort of thought into what files go where, this could be handy.

Yes I know that you can drag and drop the entire folder every time you get new music but like I said before, 13 years later and we don't even have the option.
Marv Incredible 11:32 AM - 19 May, 2023
Quote:
13 years later and we don't even have the option

sigh. +1
DJ Marv the Maverick 6:22 PM - 27 May, 2023
Work around

Create your smartcrates

Then copy the smartcrate folder to a folder on the root of the external drive

On new computer copy them over to the smartcrate in the Serato folder in the default music folder
DJ Marv the Maverick 6:23 PM - 27 May, 2023
+1 to not have to use a workaround