DJing Discussion

This area is for discussion about DJing in general. Please remember the community rules when posting and try to be polite and inclusive.

DMC 2010

Nicky Blunt 5:56 PM - 19 October, 2010
So @ the end of this years DMC Tony Prince announced that next year willbe the 1st year the competition will be opened up to serato & traktor users, I feel two ways about this!

Its great to see the competition stay with the times, however I feel that for a 6 minute set, there really isnt any need for the use of serato etc! It will cheapen the competition & there will be a lot of cue points & triggers used! In a usual night club setting I dont think this is a problem @ all, as most of u are Im an avid serato fan!

I just feel that its unnesascary, when he did announce this 80% of the audience boo'd his response was You people booing are the same fuckers who boo'd when cheese started to scratch!

I think the best soloution is to do away with the 90 second battle for world Domination & have two seperate 6 min comps, one digital & one analogue!

What are your thoughts???

Also the French took the title this year really clean set!

The American entrant cant remember his name was robbed tho!

& Jeppa was good too!
DJ Shameless 7:38 PM - 19 October, 2010
If they do keep the purist vinyl part seperate, I doubt they'd get any entrants, seeing that 97% of the guys now use pressed vinyl. And since Technics are not the main sponsor any more, they may have somehow pushed for the use of DVS. And I like the Supremecy part as well, cos it's a more in-your-face type of battle.
I think we're just gonna have to get used to this new format.
Nicky Blunt 7:49 PM - 19 October, 2010
I think ur right, who knows hopefully it wont be all controllerism, and something good may come of it! But I see it going the way of button pushing with cue points!

I really hope im wrong.