DJing Discussion

This area is for discussion about DJing in general. Please remember the community rules when posting and try to be polite and inclusive.

New Timbaland "shock value" will be HUGE in clubs...

DJ Prinvale` 6:05 PM - 31 March, 2007
Got the album last week, bumped about 4 songs 2 or so times each.

"The Way I Are" is definitely going to be the next big thing. For a new song I would say about 99% of the people LOVED it. Most people hate new shit till they hear it on the radio or some garbage but I spun it about 5 times between Thursday and Friday and it was a hit.

just givin ya'll a heads up. There's about 4 - 5 "club" type songs for us :)
sixxx 6:08 PM - 31 March, 2007
You're too late. But thanks. :P
DJ Prinvale` 6:10 PM - 31 March, 2007
oh and this is over a span of 3 gigs. I didn't just play that shit all in one gig! :)
DJ Prinvale` 6:10 PM - 31 March, 2007
Quote:
You're too late. But thanks. :P

:(
DJ K-otik 8:33 AM - 1 April, 2007
Just heard that one and "Release" as well. They're both going to be big hits. I think I read in a GQ interview with Timbaland that he said Shock Value was going to be like a modern day version of Pink Floyd's The Wall.
De LA 9:52 AM - 1 April, 2007
Its def. a solid cd.
I think the club hits will be

1.release
2.Way I are
3.One and only
4.Give it to me(Duh)
5. Bounce I dont really think this one will get much club play...but dr dre, missy and JT singing about threesomes over that nasty beat is fire to me
DJ_Mike_Coquilla 11:33 AM - 1 April, 2007
links? youtube
hustlas 12:27 PM - 1 April, 2007
www.myspace.com

whole album is on his myspace music player.
Thundercat 12:28 PM - 1 April, 2007
Sorry, the only one I feel is Bombay. Many of the tracks will definitely blow up, just not my cup o' tea.
djrhouse 2:12 PM - 1 April, 2007
I like Apologize. It will hit for sure on the Pop charts.
djrhouse 2:18 PM - 1 April, 2007
2 Man Show is good as well.
CQuence 3:13 PM - 1 April, 2007
Nobody feelin the track with The Hives "Throw it on Me". That song is wild
matt212 3:14 PM - 1 April, 2007
I don't like most of the album, but some will grow and then I will have to play some cuts.
J_Static 3:49 PM - 1 April, 2007
Tims done it again, dudes a genius with his music and sound, constantly changing it up, keeping people guessing whats next!

Good job timbo
noncents 5:45 AM - 2 April, 2007
must agree with everyone on the "way i are" track. others might need an acquired hearing to enjoy.

it seemed like a portion of this record was a diss toward scott storch. with the obvious "give it to me" track and also the messages of "oh timbaland" and especially the "kill yourself" song sounded like it was directed to storch with lyrics describing of how great his beats are. even the titles of the tracks on this album seems like timbo's got somewhat of an ego ("way i are", "come and get me", "one and only", "throw it on me").

a few lyrics:
-- "i piss and take a sh*t on your beat for fun/...i think all the tracks i be hearin from ni**as is wack/...i'm number one you ain't nothin but sh*t" ("kill yourself")
-- "you can keep on wishin/ you never make a hit/ ya i got money/ take it all from me/ im gonna be the same/...u still gonna be lame/ we ain't da same" ("oh timbaland")
-- "i get a half a mil for my beats, you get a couple grand/ i'm a real producer, you just a piano man/ your songs don't top charts, i heard 'em, i'm not a fan" ("give it to me")

but i dunno, thats just my opinion.
Nicky Blunt 9:36 AM - 2 April, 2007
Dont mean to sound sarcastic but thats kinda a no brainer!

Timbalands album is gonna blow up!

Thats like saying games next song will definatley mention a 64 chevvy impala Dr Dre & the fact that he's a blood!

Of course its gonna blow its made by timbo & he's famous enough to have a sheep like following now!

(although I have to admit most of his stuff is off the hook)
matt212 12:35 PM - 2 April, 2007
Yeah, but I did a lot of skipping on this CD.
tig ol' bitties 2:49 PM - 2 April, 2007
After listening, I am not overly impressed by any means.

Oh Timbaland
Fantasy
Bounce - Hearing Dre on a track is always really refreshing to me.
Come and get me
Hello
BoardMeeting
Kill yourself...

Id say these are all decent and I use that word lightly. Nothing really grabbed me though as in wow this song is the hot shit.

IMO, Timbalands Big mouth about being the shit > My first impression of this album...
Nicky Blunt 8:51 AM - 3 April, 2007
Quote:
Dont mean to sound sarcastic but thats kinda a no brainer!

Timbalands album is gonna blow up!

Thats like saying games next song will definatley mention a 64 chevvy impala Dr Dre & the fact that he's a blood!

Of course its gonna blow its made by timbo & he's famous enough to have a sheep like following now!

(although I have to admit most of his stuff is off the hook)

I mean Chevy soz
dj dawn 9:32 AM - 3 April, 2007
I liked this album very much!
Bigfourty4 7:40 PM - 3 April, 2007
agreed
sweetL 8:28 PM - 3 April, 2007
probably will be big in clubs.

thats why i dont like clubs anymore.

its looooooooose!
Dj Nyce 8:31 PM - 3 April, 2007
damn i'm all late and ish. i'm just now downloading err buying it at best buy.
Nicky Blunt 2:13 PM - 4 April, 2007
wanna check out redmans album too is fiiiiiiiyaaaaaahhhhhh!!!!!!
djbriguy 3:19 PM - 7 September, 2007
Reviving this thread:

Whats everyone think of the song: "Time" on the album.

I dunno why, but i freaking love this song. It kinda has a early 90's pop-rock sound to it.. especially the chorus.

I've had this album since its release but I'm listening to it at work again, and it really is a HOT album.... and be proud, i searched before i started a topic. hehe
Mr. $weetlife 1:06 AM - 9 September, 2007
Two good songs: "The way I are" and "Give it to me." All the rest is mediocre at best.

"Release" is a sexy back rip off and the song with The Hives is an utter disappointment. And I LOVE The Hives!

Someone bought the whole album for me (I told them not to) but now it's collecting dust at a used CD shop.
sixxx 1:11 AM - 9 September, 2007
Some girl asked for One & Only feat Fallout Boys... eh. Wack.
J_Static 2:34 AM - 9 September, 2007
Quote:
Some girl asked for One & Only feat Fallout Boys... eh. Wack.

Agreed!
djbriguy 4:37 AM - 9 September, 2007
Anyone seen the video for "Apologize"? its on youtube. pretty sweet video
JSoul556 4:38 AM - 9 September, 2007
I got a request tonight for "Apologize" featuring One Republic. I had never heard it, but I think if he released it I could see it being a moderate hit. It's a nice ballad.
djbriguy 2:53 PM - 9 September, 2007
I like the song. His voice kinda reminds me of a modern Geroge Michael (no homo)