DJing Discussion

This area is for discussion about DJing in general. Please remember the community rules when posting and try to be polite and inclusive.

DJ Jazzy Jeff's Technics Arm Tattoo

Monk-A 12:17 PM - 29 March, 2007
Is it me or is the Technics arm tattoo he's had done on his left arm(watch arm) back to front?

I don't kow if it's just a mirrored Photo, although every photo i see the arm seems to S the wrong and the headhsell arm is on the wrong side as though it's a mirror image.

On both the Hip Hop for ever cover Photo's it's the wrong way, and i've seen it like this in Magazines etc....

It's a cool Tattoo but I'm not sure if he's had it done in reverse on purpose so it's correct when he looks in the mirror or what?

anyone know? Or Mr Townsend if you frequent this forum as a SSL user could you please shed some light?
cheeba (the believer) 12:29 PM - 29 March, 2007
probably just mirrored by the mag etc.
Monk-A 12:47 PM - 29 March, 2007
Yeah i thought that but every single time?

TBut i just looked again and the image on the front of Hip hop Forever 2 is a mirror deffo as the deck he's using and mixer are all wrong, but on the front of three he's just sat on a hydrant and the righting in the background is correct... meaning the tatt must be a mirror.

I'm wondering if he has it on both arms and ones correct *the right arm) and ones reversed (the Left)?
grrillatactics 1:20 PM - 29 March, 2007
Could you post some links to pictures?

My guess would be that he has it on both arms, one is correct, one is mirrored, but to be honest, I am not sure at all.
Dj Magnetik 1:43 PM - 29 March, 2007
Have you seen DJ Rectangle's Technics tone arm tattoo it looks better than jazzy jeff's?
Nicky Blunt 2:06 PM - 29 March, 2007
Was gonna get one done too but then saw DJ Rectangles & decided against it as I thought It would be original but seeing as he has it I now want summin else!
Likwid 2:14 PM - 29 March, 2007
Quote:

cosign.
DJ GaFFle 6:55 PM - 30 March, 2007
Quote:
Quote:

cosign.

cosign too.
CMOS 7:00 PM - 30 March, 2007
Arent all pictures in magazines mirrored? I remember one of the modeling agents i deal with at work telling this new model to always stand on the right when taking photos this way if it shows up in the newspaper she will be on the left and mentioned first.
sixxx 7:08 PM - 30 March, 2007
Why would all pictures in magazines be mirrored? I don't think so.

Anyway, if there are no pictures, it didn't happen.

Pictures please. :)
DJ_X_Trodinaire 7:13 PM - 30 March, 2007
tbn0.google.com

this works?
sixxx 7:35 PM - 30 March, 2007
Quote:
tbn0.google.com

this works?

yeah... that works... WITH A FUCKEN TELESCOPE!!!

lol

anyone else?
Dj Shamann 7:39 PM - 30 March, 2007
Quote:

yeah... that works... WITH A FUCKEN TELESCOPE!!!

lol

anyone else?

LOL!!!!!!
shiestO! 7:42 PM - 30 March, 2007
it's safe to say that he didn't put a BACKWARDS tattoo on his arm. case closed. that would be...

fucking stupid.
next thread.
Dj KaGeN 10:51 PM - 30 March, 2007
umm.. try magnifying glass, not a telescope.. Christ he is a start n all, but damn.
DJ_X_Trodinaire 12:27 AM - 31 March, 2007
such a cruel room!

just trying to help ;(

Im leaving! and use FS instead!

wait... nm
Monk-A 10:41 AM - 3 April, 2007
Quote:
it's safe to say that he didn't put a BACKWARDS tattoo on his arm. case closed. that would be...

fucking stupid.
next thread.

about as f*cking stupid as posting a comment like that?

www.rapsterrecords.com

click view cover: it will enlarge. check the writing on the sign in the background, it's the right way so the image is not reversed, look at the tech headshell, it's the wrong way around.
dj_blueprint 3:36 PM - 3 April, 2007
AKIEM 6:03 PM - 3 April, 2007
er...

I know, that sign in the background is backward reading in case you see it in your rearview mirror.

nah, for real you know what it is? Jeff has a lefthanded 1200, the only one ever made. Thats what he used for the tat. Hes just flexing that shit on all you weak djs out there thats never seen, or even heard about it. and, um never will?

sorry Jeff
jazzy gym 8:14 AM - 4 April, 2007
DJJOHNNYM 12:12 PM - 4 April, 2007
YO! Did anyone notice? That shit is backwards on his arm!
Nicky 7:43 AM - 5 April, 2007
wow. it is.
TreyPeezy 5:30 PM - 5 April, 2007
i dont understand how cat's can tat BRANDS on their body and NOT GET PAID! wow! tat your own brand.... LIKE [link removed]

tat that on ya @$$!

[link removed] was here too by the way!
dj cubicle 5:31 PM - 5 April, 2007
Quote:
i dont understand how cat's can tat BRANDS on their body and NOT GET PAID! wow! tat your own brand.... LIKE [link removed]

tat that on ya @$$!

Seriously, what do we have to do to get this under control?
Dj KaGeN 5:36 PM - 5 April, 2007
'report' link...... "click"

I smell a ban coming on.. up in herre, up in herre
DJJOHNNYM 5:40 PM - 5 April, 2007
Quote:
Quote:

tat that on ya @$$!

Seriously, what do we have to do to get this under control?

LMAO! You can't blame him for trying...

But I don't see Jeff as actually putting a "Brand Name" on his shit, but it's definately a brand image. Too bad it's backwards....

Maybe he likes to see it correctly in the mirror....
Dj KaGeN 5:42 PM - 5 April, 2007
will he get wrecking balm if Technics was to ever go out of business? just asking/saying hypothetically?
Dj KaGeN 5:43 PM - 5 April, 2007
only thing looking right is the front of an ambulance in my rear view mirror.
Dj Ryme 6:07 PM - 5 April, 2007
Quote:
will he get wrecking balm if Technics was to ever go out of business? just asking/saying hypothetically?

Some people put tatts to remember a certain part of their life. Even if Technics goes out im sure he wont mind remembering the one thing that made him alot of money. Just MO.
Dj Shamann 8:21 PM - 5 April, 2007
Has anybody emailed Jeff about this?

Dear Jeff, did you get drunk and tattoo a backwards tonearm on yourself?

Sincerely, the master debaters over at ScratchLive.Net
Dj KaGeN 8:22 PM - 5 April, 2007
Sincerely, the master time-wasters over at ScratchLive.Net
eder 9:33 PM - 5 April, 2007
Quote:

tat that on ya @$$!

someone get the popcorn...his last warning was a couple of days ago...
HittinSkinzTa2 9:50 PM - 5 April, 2007
Quote:
Some people put tatts to remember a certain part of their life. Even if Technics goes out im sure he wont mind remembering the one thing that made him alot of money. Just MO.

Exactly right.
That's primarily the reason most people get inked. And then you have the few that get them just because they're "in fashion." Regardless... Money in my pocket. :)