Software help archive

A read-only archive of old serato.com help threads.

Sound jumps on playing deck while loading other deck

Product
Scratch Live
Version
Hardware
Rane SL1
Computer
PC
OS
Platform
-
pueblofunky 8:26 AM - 13 October, 2010
Product: scratchlive
Version: 2.1.1
Hardware: scratchlive-sl1
Computer: pc
OS Version: xp
---

Hi,

with 2.1.1 (never used 2.1 for djing) ...

when a track is playing on one deck and I load the other deck with the mouse (selecting the track and moving it over the deck by using the left mouse button) the current playing track on the other deck "jumps forward".

I never had this problem before (up to 2.0) - using SL1 since the beginning.

It happens the last 2 nights approx. 6 times per night (3 hours).

Please fix or revert the changes back to 2.0.

Thanks.
Rane, Support
Zach S 4:29 PM - 13 October, 2010
Hey pueblofunky,

Are you able to reproduce this behavior?
If so, it might be helpful if you made a short video clip so we can show the developers.

In the meantime, if you think its 2.1.1 related, I would revert back to 2.0.
pueblofunky 6:55 PM - 13 October, 2010
Hi,

I can not really re-produce it because it doesn't always happen - as I said.

When it happens - I move the track with the mouse (holding down the mouse button) to the deck and drop the track. It definitely happens when I press the mouse button OR drop the track (release the mouse button).

It never happend until 2.0 (including).

For your interest: I only play WAV files. Maybe it's only WAV related - because there are other new issues (tag writing - see my other discussion) with 2.1.1.

You have to look on your source code changes because it's not re-produceable - and I can not record a video about 1-2 hours. ;-)

Best regards.
pueblofunky 6:58 PM - 13 October, 2010
PS: More info:

There were no changes on my DJ laptop (except MS security updates).

I only play the WAV files from an external hard disc (always did this).
Rane, Support
Zach S 7:26 PM - 13 October, 2010
Unfortunately the only way to fix an issue is by reproducing it.

I have not heard of any similar reports to gather information from.

It would be good to know if reverting back to an older version (1.9.2) fixes the issue.
That would at least rule in/out an issue with the updated software.
pueblofunky 8:19 PM - 13 October, 2010
I'll use 2.0 - it never happend with it. But I'll not dj before end of next week.

There is nothing special which I've done so I can not help anymore - only report the bug - maybe only with WAV files (because the most play with MP3 and you never heared about the problem) - and I'm not the developer of SSL and so I don't know what is running behind and/or could influence the problem. A developer know the changes and his source code and could find it out. ;-)
Rane, Support
Zach S 9:13 PM - 13 October, 2010
I will pass this thread along to the Serato team and see if they have heard of this.
Thanks for the report:)
Serato, Moderator
Andy W 3:53 AM - 27 October, 2010
Hi pueblofunky, just a couple of quick questions about this, when the problem happens does the track jump a long way forward (more than one whole turn of the deck/vinyl) or just a short way?

Also which control mode(s) are you using, Absolute, Relative or Internal?
pueblofunky 3:32 PM - 27 October, 2010
Hi Andy,

only a short way. 0.5 seconds or so. Maybe only the buffer?

I've played with 2.0 last Saturday and I had no problem. It's definitely a short jump with 2.1/2.1.1. Note: I only play WAV files. Only tried with mouse to move the track of the deck. During movement to the deck or drop over the deck the short jump happens.
pueblofunky 7:02 AM - 17 August, 2011
Hi,

last night I've played 4.5 hours with SSL 2.3 and without any problems.

I've used the same setup/laptop without any changes on programs, etc. (except the new SSL 2.3 and Windows XP Security Updates).
pueblofunky 7:02 AM - 17 August, 2011
Hi,

last night I've played 4.5 hours with SSL 2.3 and without any problems.

I've used the same setup/laptop without any changes on programs, etc. (except the new SSL 2.3 and Windows XP Security Updates).
Rane, Support
Zach S 4:14 PM - 17 August, 2011
Awesome! I'll close this post now. If you'd like to re-open it just post in it again:)