DJing Discussion

This area is for discussion about DJing in general. Please remember the community rules when posting and try to be polite and inclusive.

Interview with Pharoahe Monch tomorrow

Audio1 6:52 PM - 27 March, 2007
Im doing an interview for The BrokeBBoys with Pharoahe Monch tomorrow. I wanted to know what my fellow SSL heads would like to ask him. Im tryna throw some curveball type questions. ANy help is appreciated.
Likwid 7:09 PM - 27 March, 2007
It might help to let us know what BrokeBBoys is all about and what angle youre going into the interview with.
Audio1 7:11 PM - 27 March, 2007
BrokeBBoys is actually a hiphop audioblog I help run with 2 other friends of mine. We provide free music, articles, album reviews, interviews and junk. The Angle... Were just tryna see what Monch has been up to all this time. People have been talking about Agent Orange and his other projects for ages... Hasnt been til recently there has been a bigger push for his material out to the DJ's and masses (somewhat). I just wanted to see what heads here would ask. Respect. and oh yea, www.brokebboys.com (I hope this doesnt violate the "no promo" rule here in SSL)
Likwid 7:16 PM - 27 March, 2007
You might want to ask about the upcoming album like you mentioned and see how it'll be different from previous albums. And again like you mentioned, I'm sure people are curious as to where he's been for so long. A lot of interviews seem to ask about the state of hip hop, so you could ask about that.
HittinSkinzTa2 7:20 PM - 27 March, 2007
Slightly off topic, but some heads i was in high school with, said he went to our school. High School of Art & Design in NYC.
sonofelrengo 7:57 PM - 27 March, 2007
always wondered how one goes about getting an interview like that and how many are actually done in person....how did u get it just contact the agent or something? u have to pay etc?
interesting stuff!!
peace
scotty B 8:12 PM - 27 March, 2007
What has he been up to all this time. Internal affairs was a good album, why was there not a follow up? He has been in the game for awhile. Any chance on a Organized Konfusion album in the future?(For some reason I thought I read that he was not cool with Prince Po?)
mister iLL 8:30 PM - 27 March, 2007
is the new joint going to feature more singy-songy-type stuff?
Audio1 8:43 PM - 27 March, 2007
He currently has 3 joints out, one being the lead single, The Alchemist produced "Desire". Also look for Push and Let's Go. Unsure if its sing songy but his music has always been on some different shit, while keeping it classic. Thanks for all the help people.

sonofelrengo
I got the interview due to my iTunes podcasts and my hiphop audioblog, The BrokeBBoys. Since were out there exposing alot of new hiphop all the time, sometimes label people, agents, managers, street promoters reach out to DJ's, bloggers and other people, for interviews, meet & greets and sometimes, drops and freestyle sessions, it really depends on the artist. PM is one of my favorite mc's ever, So I am glad to jump on the opportunity to interview him.

Interviews can be held either in-person, on a conference call type deal or sometimes thru email. In the past, Ive interviewed artists such as Masta Ace, Dilated Peoples, Big Daddy Kane, Lexicon, Boots Riley from The Coup and others in person. This PM one should be thru the phone.
scotty B 9:09 PM - 27 March, 2007
Quote:
He currently has 3 joints out, one being the lead single, The Alchemist produced "Desire". Also look for Push and Let's Go. Unsure if its sing songy but his music has always been on some different shit, while keeping it classic. Thanks for all the help people.

sonofelrengo
I got the interview due to my iTunes podcasts and my hiphop audioblog, The BrokeBBoys. Since were out there exposing alot of new hiphop all the time, sometimes label people, agents, managers, street promoters reach out to DJ's, bloggers and other people, for interviews, meet & greets and sometimes, drops and freestyle sessions, it really depends on the artist. PM is one of my favorite mc's ever, So I am glad to jump on the opportunity to interview him.

Interviews can be held either in-person, on a conference call type deal or sometimes thru email. In the past, Ive interviewed artists such as Masta Ace, Dilated Peoples, Big Daddy Kane, Lexicon, Boots Riley from The Coup and others in person. This PM one should be thru the phone.

Audio...Where can I find the diLAted interview? Did you get a chance to reach out to Ev to speak on the "Weatherman LP"?
Audio1 9:15 PM - 27 March, 2007
Dilated interview was when Expansion Team came out several years back. I like his new album, tho alot of people hate it. Id want an old skool Dilated Peoples album, like Work The Angels style. I still love that project.
scotty B 10:10 PM - 27 March, 2007
Ya man Platform will always be my shit!!! I would still like to read that interview.....

I havent heard anyone not liking the weahterman LP. That is all I have listened to in the last week! lol...
08' New Dilated LP.... Watch out Sucka's!!!!
DJ GaFFle 10:18 PM - 27 March, 2007
I heard a Clinton Sparks mix of Pharoah's new stuff.

Some of it was very tight. When does his album come out?
Audio1 10:18 PM - 27 March, 2007
Lemme dig it up. it was from 03 or something back then.
Mr. Goodkat 10:32 AM - 28 March, 2007
he played in Miami for Lyricist Lounge, and killed it. Real MC stage presence. Oh yeah, Buckshot played too.
Nicky Blunt 12:43 PM - 28 March, 2007
I would like to know from the mc's viewpoint how important he feels a dj is to a live hip hop show.

Lots of mc's just use a stage prop dj whats his take?
Mr. Wright 3:16 PM - 28 March, 2007
^^^Thats a damn good question.
Nicky Blunt 3:25 PM - 28 March, 2007
Quote:
^^^Thats a damn good question.

Thanks dude!
Audio1 3:41 PM - 28 March, 2007
Yea extremely good question....

Is it: The MC before The DJ or The DJ before The MC!
scotty B 3:43 PM - 28 March, 2007
The backbone of hip hop is the DJ!
Nicky Blunt 3:50 PM - 28 March, 2007
Quote:
The backbone of hip hop is the DJ!

And you know this Maaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaan!
DJ Exec 5:30 PM - 28 March, 2007
ask him if simon really said get the fuck up....lmao jus kiddin
dj_soo 5:58 PM - 28 March, 2007
you could ask him if he really is sexistist cause he asks the women to rub on their breastestists
Nicky Blunt 6:16 PM - 28 March, 2007
Quote:
you could ask him if he really is sexistist cause he asks the women to rub on their breastestists

LOL im clutchin my stomach laughin so much!
Audio1 6:32 PM - 28 March, 2007
Terry, Monch is known for being raunchy. He throws the word Cunt in alot of his songs too... Hes kinda liek Kool keith without the backpacker weirdness.