Software help archive

A read-only archive of old serato.com help threads.

Serato works fine for 30 sec then audio stops

Product
Scratch Live
Version
-
Hardware
Ortofon | Serato S-120
Computer
-
OS
Platform
-
Dynamixuk 8:28 AM - 23 March, 2007
Hi

this is starting to freak me out.

My ttm57sl has been working fine up till now, now what's happening is

i open serato, start to play a wav or mp3, it works fine for about 30 sec then cuts out. If i then switch off my mixer and turn it back on it will work again (for about 30 sec) then it cut's out again.

I've try'd uninstalling searto and reinstalling, try'd switching my mixer off for a few hours but still noting work's.

got a lot of work on atm involving my mixer so and speedy help would be greatly appreciated

WHAT IS GOING ON?
Rane, Support
Zach S 4:26 PM - 23 March, 2007
Try boosting your 'audio cache' to 45.
Dynamixuk 1:09 PM - 24 March, 2007
done that, still does the ssame thing. Audio for 30/40 sec then cut's out. searto show's it's still playing but there is no audio :(
Dj Maxim S 4:45 PM - 24 March, 2007
hmm dynamixuk.....tht problem is noticable on denon dns 3500 usually becoz the laser aint doing its job right...but yeh i dont knw wat to say...first time hearing this...moderators r the people you should be talking to....

yeh submit the serato people ratt test and waeva ..i m sure they can help you out.
Dynamixuk 12:19 AM - 25 March, 2007
forgot to say the mixer has been working fine for about 8 months. the problem has only happend since i re installed windows
CMS 8:50 AM - 25 March, 2007
Did you make sure you have the service packs installed too?
Dynamixuk 10:40 AM - 25 March, 2007
where do i get service pack 2?
CMS 12:56 PM - 26 March, 2007
You get if from windows update.
sheriff rosco 1:37 PM - 26 March, 2007
Hey,

I just bought Serato last week and this is happening to me from the get go.

I installed it all, everything went smoothly. But it only works for 30 seconds! The you have to disconnect the USB and reconnect it for it work again for another 30 seconds.

What does having service pack 2 do?

Can some holla at me, this shit is very annoying.

Peace,
Rosco
Nicky Blunt 2:47 PM - 26 March, 2007
wow only 30 sec mine does 20 min the just freezez any help here would be hot!
clartmaster morris 4:29 PM - 26 March, 2007
whats windows update? whats an audio cache? I agree that this is well annoying
CMS 5:50 PM - 26 March, 2007
Windows Update, you know Windows the operating system made by a company called Microsoft??? If you go to Start -- All Programs and look at the top there should be 'Windows Update'. This will open your browser and take you to the MS website and it will check to see what updates your computer needs. If you don't have the latest service pack it will ask you if you want to download it.

I am assuming you are running Windows XP and not Vista. If you'r running Vista you're pretty much SOL unless you do a dual boot system.

For the audio cache do a search on this forum, there have been many discussions posted on it. It is also explained in the user instruction.
sheriff rosco 4:02 AM - 30 March, 2007
Sup y'all.

After not being able to get Serato to work fresh out of the box for a week, trying everything I'm supposed to.

I had my mate come around with his gear. We swapped a few things over and BAM!

Faulty USB cord.

First we tried his box, but same problem, then we swapped the cord over, straight away it was working.

I'm off to buy a new USB cord this afternoon, and we should be all sweet.

PZ,
rosco
Dynamixuk 10:33 AM - 1 May, 2007
needed service pack 2, all work's fine.
CMS 3:20 PM - 1 May, 2007
nice!!!