Serato DJ Pro General Discussion

Talk about Serato DJ Pro, expansion packs and supported hardware

HOW TO: FIX OR REPAIR CORUPTED AUDIO FILES FOUND IN SERATO ITCH (Maybe SL too)

DJ_Esco 9:19 AM - 4 October, 2010
During my 4 am surfing I found the following (a post where someone by the user name of djterrytucker on the djeforums.com site gave instructions on how to fix corupted files in ITCH. I simply cut and pasted the information from that forum and have put it here for our use.

"Tutorial: How to fix corrupt files with Serato Itch
----------------------------------------------------------------------
----------
I'm not sure if this is old news now, but I finally figured out how to fix the corrupt file problem with Rane Serato Itch....without having to delete songs with the broken records next to them. You definitely do want to fix this problem. They will cause crashes and/or audio drop-outs.

I recently upgraded from the Denon DNHC4500 to the Denon DNHC5000 (which comes with Serato Itch). I used PCDJ DEX with my first controller, but came to realize that Serato Itch is a much more professional program than DEX (even though I loved using DEX and other PCDJ programs for the past 5-6 years). The only problem with ITCH was that about 5% of my songs came up as corrupt and were labeled with a broken record next to them.

I searched forums for days and couldn't find any good solutions....so here is what I did that worked very well:

1) Download GoldWave

2) Sort your songs by clicking the most left tab (so all the corrupt files are grouped)

3) Create a new dummy crate in serato and drag all of the corrupt files in

4) Sort those by bitrate

5) Make folders for all of the common bitrates: 128, 160, 192, etc. Then drag in all the 128's (or close to it) from serato directly into the 128 folder you just created....and so on.

6) Open GoldWave. Click File -> Batch Processing.

7) Add all the files from one folder

8) Click convert to MP3, choose bitrate. (Although this isn't necessary) Go to the effects tab and add in the default noise reduction and clip/pop filter. Go to the folder tab and click over-write file...and begin.

9) Replace the original files with the newly cleaned ones.

They say this can cause the songs to loose some quality, but first of all, I didn't notice any. Second, even if it was slightly worse quality....that is MUCH better than having drop-outs or a crash during an event.

If you do still have your original CD's, you can reripp them to avoid losing quality, but that can take forever to do if you have a lot of songs."

Hope this helps

DJ Esco
Djleokar 1:04 PM - 4 October, 2010
You can also do it with switch pro. Drug all your corrupt files from itch to switch, in switch settings, check overwrite the file and also check delete source file check also output to same folder as source files. In encoder options choose 320 kbps, after switch finish drop all your corrupt files in the itch player to the analyze files and all signs next to corrupt songs will disappear.
Treadstone 7:50 PM - 4 October, 2011
This is awesome...This actually works....nice!!!!!!!
DJ Easy Eddie 9:05 PM - 4 October, 2011
Hi DJleokar do you have a link to switch pro. ?
Treadstone 9:52 PM - 4 October, 2011
Yea, I didn't find a link to switch pro either.
MSF 9:55 PM - 4 October, 2011
Does that process recompress the mp3 audio file again?
Im wondering if you get a generation loss of audio doing a double compression on the mp3 file.
MSF 9:56 PM - 4 October, 2011
oopss.. just re-read the post.. it looks like it does have a generation loss...
Paco71 10:38 PM - 4 October, 2011
Perhaps walter to say switch audio concerter ^^
Paco71 10:39 PM - 4 October, 2011
Sorry, Wanted to say switch audio converter...
Dj ish.man 12:37 AM - 5 October, 2011
hi i cant make my itch to work..i cant play the music in my library i have a windows vista how can i make it to work pleace need help i have ituns to n is cuts a lot.have allen & heath xone dx control
toasted 6:46 AM - 5 October, 2011
i just open them in audacity which is free and then save them and they work fine after that
Ian Williams 1:43 PM - 5 October, 2011
Rather than re-saving as compressed mp3's (with another generation of conversion), why not save as wavs? .....hard drives are big & cheap these days!

They're never going to be wav quality (just the quality of the original mp3), but more importantly, they're not going to be worse than the original source.

I'd also put a note in the comments box saying something like "sourced from corrupted mp3", so you don't convert them again in the future.
djvik9534 3:34 PM - 5 October, 2011
I use Itunes convert idtag it works great
_Jinj_ 8:48 AM - 6 October, 2011
Hello,

I had problems with some of my mp3s analysed with rapid evolution since update 2.0 of Itch.

Itch was freezing when it attempted to read the modified id3tag of the files and it finished by crashing.

Without the tag rewriting of rapid evolution they "appeared correct" in Itch, but it really wasn't.

So I looked for a program that would allow me to analyze my mp3s, see what was wrong, and repairs.

And i found this :
www.gromkov.com (windows)
triq.net (osx)

i've scanned those "corrupted files"before analysing them in rapid evolution and repaired them. Then > Rapid Evolution > Serato Itch > Everything was all right !
Works great !

I found plenty of my files in my library who were corrupted, i recommend to make the test !
LJ_WOOLSEY 9:33 AM - 6 October, 2011
You can just use this ---> www.knappy.com
_Jinj_ 9:42 AM - 6 October, 2011
lmfao, i didn't see this blog entry but it explains much better than my poor English: p

Thx :)
DetroitDJChuck 5:38 AM - 12 October, 2011
Im having the same problem with corrupted files that i cant play in Itch... Ive tried Gold Wave but it dosen't have a mac version, Ive tried triq.net (osx), and switch audio converter they didn't work for me... Please Help
Crump 11:02 PM - 26 July, 2012
I bought an mp3 that Serato said was corrupt, so I simply opened it with Mp3 Trimmer (a free Mac app that edits mp3s with no re encoding / quality loss) then hit save selection.

Exact same lenghth mp3, same quality but now reading fine when analysed.
DanteLaSalle 9:27 PM - 28 October, 2012
Quote:
You can just use this ---> www.knappy.com

Yup. seems to be working for me - time will tell, but thanks for the link
Marv Incredible 10:39 PM - 28 October, 2012
Thanks Crump. I've been looking for a non-destructive mp3 editor for Mac.
Just to be sure, is this the one you mean? www.deepniner.net
Crump 11:23 PM - 28 October, 2012
Yep that's the one Marv.
Marv Incredible 1:03 AM - 29 October, 2012
Gravy
Dj Skrible 6:02 PM - 22 July, 2013
is goldwave out for mac?? if so can somebody send me the link please