DJing Discussion

This area is for discussion about DJing in general. Please remember the community rules when posting and try to be polite and inclusive.

Cats with Tats.......

scotty B 3:47 PM - 22 March, 2007
Whats poppin SSL fam?Ok, Just wondering who here has Music related Tats? I have been wanting to get a something done for years, but Never knew what to do. I wanted it to be something that means something to me.... In the last two years it has become very clear that music has and always will be a huge influence in my my life. The two things I have narrowed it down to(Maybe both) are this.. A quote from Bob Marley "The one Good Thing About Music, when it hits you feel no Pain". The other is from Marvin Gaye from the song "Music" with Erick Serman that says "Happiness Today is Just a Song away". Just curous to see if anyone else is has some stuff like this... Peace
Dj Chinn 3:59 PM - 22 March, 2007
I just made an appointmento get two Tonearms on both of my arms!
scotty B 4:04 PM - 22 March, 2007
Thats Dope! Revolution has that done too
sixxx 4:16 PM - 22 March, 2007
I have Hip Hop element on my stomach... the "o" in Hop is a turntable.
Likwid 4:58 PM - 22 March, 2007
I've been lookin to get a DJ related one done too, but I cant find/think of a good design.

Anyone got pics?
Dj Ryme 5:02 PM - 22 March, 2007
i want to get a tonearm too but I want the headshell to be somewhat of an evil face where the screws that hold the headshell in place are drawn as evil eyes or something...... It's dope in my head, I just need someone to draw it up.
scotty B 5:22 PM - 22 March, 2007
I know I want to get mine on my right side reading verticle. the Ribs are supposed to be one of the most painfull places to get it done....But that is where I want it. I don't want to half ass it..
Dj KaGeN 5:39 PM - 22 March, 2007
I have my mascot wrapped around my left arm over my shoulder and spanning across my back. 21 hours of getting tickled.
Dj Ryme 5:42 PM - 22 March, 2007
hey scotty my boy has that bob marley quote on his arm it says it inside a scroll or whatever you call it with music notes around it, shit looks bad.... ill see if i can find a pic of his. Dead Prez also used that line ;)
diego vega 5:43 PM - 22 March, 2007
show some pics guys
Dj KaGeN 5:52 PM - 22 March, 2007
first day - first tat
(the shop was trippin that I was going big right out the gates...)
livegrooves.com

the way it looks today:
livegrooves.com
livegrooves.com

the tail goes all the way around and under my arm and ends as the headshell on the front side. When wearing T-shirts the needle sometimes shows..
HittinSkinzTa2 6:01 PM - 22 March, 2007
Nice ink KaGeN.
If any of you guys head into NYC, I'd gladly hook ya up with the Serato Family Discount.
Dj KaGeN 6:02 PM - 22 March, 2007
I just might have to take you up on that, my right arm is so very naked.
HittinSkinzTa2 6:58 PM - 22 March, 2007
Feel free to hit me up.

www.myspace.com
scotty B 7:20 PM - 22 March, 2007
Too bad you are not in Cali^^^^
scotty B 7:21 PM - 22 March, 2007
Quote:
hey scotty my boy has that bob marley quote on his arm it says it inside a scroll or whatever you call it with music notes around it, shit looks bad.... ill see if i can find a pic of his. Dead Prez also used that line ;)

Good lookin Ryme... I am pretty sure thats what I am going to get...
OG Supernatural 8:06 PM - 22 March, 2007
@KaGen... sick tat bro. How many hours you got into that?
Dj KaGeN 8:09 PM - 22 March, 2007
twenty one.
DJ Young Herrera 9:17 PM - 22 March, 2007
i have ssl tatted on my nootsak.
scotty B 9:26 PM - 22 March, 2007
^^LOL.. Is the Tone arm & headshell on yo C*ck next?
Nicky Blunt 4:08 PM - 23 March, 2007

smashed it

im crackin up in the office!!!

V.Funny
Certified Quality Entertainment 4:11 PM - 23 March, 2007
hahahahhaaaahah..you guys are too funny
scotty B 4:16 PM - 23 March, 2007
Quote:

smashed it

im crackin up in the office!!!

V.Funny

Talk about puttin the beedle to tha groove.....
scotty B 4:17 PM - 23 March, 2007
***Needle***
DJ Young Herrera 7:07 PM - 23 March, 2007
i was gonna put the ssl logo on the tip next, but maybe i'll go with the tone arm/headshell combo...maybe a ortofon??
Dj Chinn 8:20 PM - 23 March, 2007
are you saying its skinny like an ortofon!?
twinsouls 8:26 PM - 23 March, 2007
I was always feeling the Trble Clef for a tatt.But maybe make it like a snake or something.Kinda like this but on my arm--->
www.rankmytattoos.com
DJ d.range 8:40 PM - 23 March, 2007
yo skinz, where you @ in BK??
HittinSkinzTa2 8:44 PM - 23 March, 2007
Sheepshead Bay.
dj disturbed 8:51 PM - 23 March, 2007
some of my tatts i have are on the www.backwoodstattoo.com
they are one of my sponcers and they also do the tattoos for the Singer Chris Daughtry
dj disturbed 8:54 PM - 23 March, 2007
this os the first part of one of my legs (i have alot more done now around that one www.backwoodstattoo.com

and this is one of the ones on my other leg
www.backwoodstattoo.com