Serato DJ Pro General Discussion

Talk about Serato DJ Pro, expansion packs and supported hardware

Gutar center catalog miss print -- V7 and Xone-dx don't work with Scratch Live

kraal 7:25 PM - 29 September, 2010
ok I just had to post this just in case some one is shopping and stops by here. The recent guitar center catalog has a picture of SSL working with the V7 and the XONE:DX . that is not the case these controllers work with ITCH.
KLH 7:33 PM - 29 September, 2010
Good catch!

-KLH
amada32 2:10 AM - 30 September, 2010
The V7 had the picture of scratch live as the inset last month too. For about 2 seconds my heart pounded and then I realized it had to be a misprint. :(
kraal 2:16 AM - 30 September, 2010
Quote:
The V7 had the picture of scratch live as the inset last month too. For about 2 seconds my heart pounded and then I realized it had to be a misprint. :(

right unfortuantly my local guitar center was selling them as serato scratch live controllers ... even making people buy a serato box also
diezdiaz 7:12 AM - 30 September, 2010
when i got an ns7 a year ago my first frustration with itch was the amount of disinformation coming from retailers -
americanmusical.com was and i am pretty sure still is selling itch items with a description "controller mappable to any midi compliant device/software"...

mentioned integration with itch - never has mentioned that these controllers are made to be EXCLUSIVE to itch
diezdiaz 7:15 AM - 30 September, 2010
may i also mention when frustration set in, i joined this forum to be ridiculed along with others that "we should have done our homework"

heh funny how shit works
diezdiaz 7:18 AM - 30 September, 2010
oh and i am sold on itch but i do believe this discrepancy has damaged consumer confidence in ITCH and potentially the serato brand in general.
RnBDJkb 6:09 PM - 30 September, 2010
I saw that ad two and my eyes lit up, I am going to pick up a v7
But my question to the SSL users is about itch...Good/no Good?
kraal 6:25 PM - 30 September, 2010
Quote:
I saw that ad two and my eyes lit up, I am going to pick up a v7
But my question to the SSL users is about itch...Good/no Good?

itch is good... the only thing to keep in mind is you will need to be able to take you equipment with you .... if you cannot set up in the club then you would want to get SSL
amada32 2:38 PM - 1 October, 2010
Quote:
Quote:

right unfortuantly my local guitar center was selling them as serato scratch live controllers ... even making people buy a serato box also

That's just sad. A GC salesman's worst nightmare is an informed consumer. They prey on the unsuspecting noobs.