Serato Software Feature Suggestions

What features would you like to see in Serato software?

Digitizing Vinyl / Phono Input DIRECTLY TO SSL

fingas 6:00 PM - 31 July, 2004
Making a recoridng of vinyl that is on the turntable should be as easy, and work in a similar fashion to making a recording from the mic input. This small feature adjustment/enhancement would allow people to quickly input selections into their crates without any other applications. You should be able to record to AIFF, WAV or MP3.
lo-fi 1:03 PM - 8 August, 2004
I'd much rather see a good CoreAudio driver for the SSL interface. This would add SO much extra value to the SSL package for me.

I use Logic Pro and Peak, and the SSL interface would be a perfect way to record stuff anywhere away from my studio.

CoreAudio driver PLEEEEEEEEEAAAASSE!!!!!!!
MartAttkinson 6:04 PM - 8 August, 2004
usb-audio drivers (input and output) for xp please... should be able to record 44.1 kHz/ 24 bit ;-)
nik39 6:27 PM - 8 August, 2004
check

www.scratchlive.net

Dont you guys never check the forums before you post? ;)
12micsn1 9:31 PM - 8 August, 2004
I think most people miss the point on the way SERATO SCRATCH LIVE is design. The word "live" means realtime functionality with a DJ setup. That means everything related to SSL for Djying is hardware dependent.

For me the problem doesnt really relate to SSL software for recording but to the DJ mixer. You already have a phono preamp with every Dj mixer but you cant record your audio from each channel separately. Keeping your tracks separate in a recording means you can better edit a flawed mix or add something special later on. I just made a suggestion for a performance DJ studio mixer to be designed with multitrack recording features like that of Stanton SA-8 but with Rane Quality not Stanton quality. Stanton is the only company at the moment even thinking about DJs looking to record using there mixers in a computer related environment.

I even emailed Rane about this before I wrote my suggestion to how serious I am about this. I urge everyone do the same because there really little choice to choose from. Every turntable needs a high quality pre-amp your better off finding this on a DJ mixer. Plus you have volume control through the headphones and speakers. You could then send the audio signal to the appropiate computer hardware to be handle by the software of your choice. There you can edit your mix, clean up vinyl you recorded, convert to MP3,acc, wav,aiff,sample,loop,remix etc. The possibilites are endless.
Detroitbootybass 12:09 AM - 9 August, 2004
Quote:
you can better edit a flawed mix

Something about this statement bothers me... maybe because mixes are an artform - and art, like people, are inherently imperfect. This is where each piece, and person, derive their character... to do otherwise would make them too sterile.
fingas 12:52 AM - 9 August, 2004
Yes, I check the forum but, this is the feature suggestions section and,
A) no one has addressed this here
B) I am not talking about recording sets OUTPUT by Scratch Live, rather, suggesting a quick way to get vinyl data INTO SSL without having to jump around between a bunch of apps.

Do have any issue with that or are you supportive of this?

holler back.
12micsn1 1:08 AM - 9 August, 2004
Everything created is an artform if you think about it. Nothing ever invented or at least created by man at least cant be called art. Sometimes people put to many rules on art but forget its art all along. That would come down to the eye of the beholder.

Theres always that element of expression surronding us. Im doing that by responding to you an I probably edited much of my reponding statement.

What I mean about editing is having ways to adjust the some minor or major inconsistences that showed up later once the mix has been recorded. Or just being able to add a new element to the mix. Its been going on forever in art,books,magazines,music,video,movies and etc.

The artform is always there in the mix no matter how you look at because someone took time to create it. It now becomes art good or bad. Editing just means we took a little extra time to create the perfect idea we were thinking of to meet our own satisfaction. The mix could still be imperfect in its end result. We let that come down to the ear/eye of the beholder in the end.
nik39 10:17 AM - 9 August, 2004
Quote:
Yes, I check the forum but, this is the feature suggestions section and,
A) no one has addressed this here
B) I am not talking about recording sets OUTPUT by Scratch Live, rather, suggesting a quick way to get vinyl data INTO SSL without having to jump around between a bunch of apps.

Do have any issue with that or are you supportive of this?

holler back.

A+B.) I highly doubt that you read this forum thoroughly, you have not even read the link I gave you. It was exactly about recording the vinyls, not the SSL output.

As you can read in that thread, I support your idea.
fingas 3:47 PM - 9 August, 2004
seems that you have approached/broached the subject from the driver/innerworkings side and i am approaching it from an interface perspective.. regardless, we singing the same tune cat daddy... AJ, y'all listenin?

nik, we on the same squad, sorry to not have incorporated your perspective when introducing mine.