DJing Discussion

This area is for discussion about DJing in general. Please remember the community rules when posting and try to be polite and inclusive.

Korg Nanopad (Dont Buy)

dj_ules 10:05 AM - 21 September, 2010
Guys just a warning to not waste your time and money in purchasing a Korg Nanopad (Or Nano Series) with use for Serato or anything . I have had 3 replacements in 6 months due to the mini USB plug breaking off inside. I absolutely love this pad i think its probably one of the best pads out at the moment for its size but it is very poorly constructed and no matter how delicate you are to handle the product it will simply break inside, Ive googled it and it seems to be a common problem. Im now making the switch to an Akai LPD8. I hope my post helps someone to make the right decision when choosing to purchase a controller to save them the money and inconvenience which it has caused myself.
Cheers !
Dj-M.Bezzle 1:44 PM - 21 September, 2010
Same thing happened to me and over half the forum members here
[a.g.] 2:59 PM - 21 September, 2010
Lemme know how the lpd8 is. Ive been thinking about getting a midi controller
BERTO 3:00 PM - 21 September, 2010
mine never broke but i replaced with LPD8 :)
Wazo 3:49 PM - 21 September, 2010
mine just broker the other month. so im back to keyboard now. yeah i was a promoter of the unit, not so much anymore.
LPD8 will be the next one for me
Dj Koppa Top 5:16 PM - 21 September, 2010
take better care of your equipment.... The usb port is a the standard usb port u are gonna be seeing on just about everything pretty soon. Live with it>
Dj-M.Bezzle 5:18 PM - 21 September, 2010
Quote:
take better care of your equipment....

with the nanopad it has nothing to do with taking care of the equipment its about the equipment being made in poor quality, mine broke in 2 weeks and that was without moving it around or abusing it, stuff just started not working piece by piece
DJDeluchi 11:20 PM - 21 September, 2010
i have beaten mine about dropped it many times even hit a customer with it cause he spilt beer near my mac and it still going strong maybe i just got a good sample of it
DJ Ritmo 12:51 AM - 22 September, 2010
been using the PadKontrol for about 3 years now. Its still very solid and its been through a lot to say the least
philldafunk 1:06 AM - 22 September, 2010
I swear I broke the mini usb in like 2 weeks... true story

peace
BERTO 2:12 AM - 22 September, 2010
wat are you guys doing to break it, i know the build quality is shit but i havent had problems
dj_ules 6:30 AM - 22 September, 2010
Quote:
take better care of your equipment.... The usb port is a the standard usb port u are gonna be seeing on just about everything pretty soon. Live with it>

My first one lasted 4months , 2 weeks 6 uses . Im very delicate with my equipment I have a padding case and padded carry bag , and no i dont absolutely smashing the pads. I Love this korg invention but honestly it is porly construction i had a conversation with one of the Korg suppliers and they do admit its a common problem themselves and they are porly designed !!
Laz219 7:18 AM - 22 September, 2010
Mines been going strong for about a year now. Never had an issue and I don't treat it that gently.
OB One 1:28 PM - 22 September, 2010
Mine works fine but the buttons are too small... Going with the LPG soon
Dj-M.Bezzle 1:33 PM - 22 September, 2010
Quote:
been using the PadKontrol for about 3 years now. Its still very solid and its been through a lot to say the least

i have that padkontrol, that is a pretty solid piece of equipment, the nanopad not so much
DJ Ritmo 1:47 PM - 22 September, 2010
Quote:
Quote:

i have that padkontrol, that is a pretty solid piece of equipment, the nanopad not so much

Sucks how flakey companies can be. They can make something great then somethin sucky. Like I had the zero 4 for about 3 years now and I love it with the innofader in it. I control almost all of scratchlive including VSL with that mixer its my rane 68
Sol*los 10:50 PM - 24 September, 2010
I've had mine for 2 years now. I've dropped it and even took it apart to paint it and it's still working.
DJ Unique 10:09 AM - 25 September, 2010
My piece of shit NanoPad also stopped working after about a month.
DJ Sniffles 10:14 AM - 25 September, 2010
Get the AKAI products..... way better quality
ivan zilch 10:18 AM - 25 September, 2010
mine broke the same way too (usb)

bought an akai and never looked back... although i bought a kontrol X1 which has a much better knobs, but the akais are way cheaper than the X1 so theres no comparison!