Serato Video General Discussion

Talk about Serato Video and Video-SL.

Downgrading to SSL 1.9.2/VSL 1.2/ME 1.5 - BEST WAY?

popnwave 5:59 PM - 6 September, 2010
I've seen this mentioned by others in various threads so I wanted to get a concise idea on its own and track that thread.

Do I just need to nuke the executables I my apps folder to clean house? I want to take a step back until VSL gets some love.

I don't mind having to rebuild my DB or whatever since this MacBook Pro is still in the prep stages (still using my DVDs, Pioneer decks in the club) but I am tired of the stuttering wave forms and my copy of Ableton can sit for now until the Bridge kinks are worked out.

Any suggestions?
carter 6:05 PM - 6 September, 2010
You shouldn't have to rebuild your DB since your crates will still be intact. Drag the Scratchlive Application to the trash. That will uninstall that program. For VSL, make sure you have your serial and then run the uninstall program that came with it. After both of those are done, go to the MacHD>Library>Receipts and delete the ScratchLive app pkg.
You now have a clean slate. Reinstall the version you want to use. Then reinstall VSL. Your crates should still be there, but it is still recommended to analyze all of your files.
popnwave 7:57 PM - 6 September, 2010
Good enough, I will give that a spin this weekend.
popnwave 5:11 AM - 7 September, 2010
It was a little awkward getting used to the old interface but jeeze, 1.9.2 + plugins is so much smoother on the video side.
carter 5:41 PM - 7 September, 2010
Yep. I find myself hitting the spacebar every once in a while.