DJing Discussion

This area is for discussion about DJing in general. Please remember the community rules when posting and try to be polite and inclusive.

Digiwaxx and Reggaeton?

Dj Cassidy 7:28 PM - 26 February, 2007
I got Digiwaxx and its all good, they got a few reggaeton tracks here and there but not enough. I'm wondering if any of you guys found a legit reggaeton pool like Digiwaxx that has instrumentals, acapellas, etc. Legal stuff tho I don't want some crack head comin up here and postin kazaa or limewire.
DJ Mo Rada 7:46 PM - 26 February, 2007
Worksessions.com
Audio1 9:15 PM - 26 February, 2007
You might want to check in the spanish SSL forum
scratchlive.net
Plenty of Reggaetoneros there.
Audio1 9:16 PM - 26 February, 2007
If anything, You should take acapellas from regular hiphop/rap/r&b cuts on Digiwaxx and mix em over Reggaeton.
Dj Cassidy 9:32 PM - 26 February, 2007
Thanks for the posts Rada and Audio.
Dj Ryme 9:51 PM - 26 February, 2007
you should shoot yourself for wanting that type of music.... jk!
DjSykes 9:02 PM - 27 February, 2007
Quote:
you should shoot yourself for wanting that type of music.... jk!

That's funny... exactly what they said when Hip Hop first came out lmaooo...
Dj Ryme 9:12 PM - 27 February, 2007
Sykes I really dont think you can compare reggaeton to hip-hop, seriously.
a-swift 9:18 PM - 27 February, 2007
Quote:

Especially not in the US.

I called it myself a few years back when it was big in the mainstream clubs. When you would spin and get requests ALL NIGHT LONG for reggaeton. I said, it'll pass. Maybe it's still stronger than ever where you are but the places I spin at, it's rare to get a reggaeton request these days. Still spinning at the same spots as before too.
Dj Ryme 9:24 PM - 27 February, 2007
Same here I get a reggaeton request maybe once a month, certainly not enough to make me want to download anything from the genre. To each his own though, do what works for you.
CMOS 9:53 PM - 27 February, 2007
Reggaeton is still alive and pumpin in NYC.
JayB1200 10:20 PM - 27 February, 2007
i cant go one night without a request for reggaeton....
Dj Cassidy 11:01 PM - 27 February, 2007
Up north people request reggaeton all the time down south its not that popular. A Boston radio station got their own show just for reggaeton.
djrocket 11:06 PM - 27 February, 2007
Quote:
Up north people request reggaeton all the time down south its not that popular. A Boston radio station got their own show just for reggaeton.

I'm H-town and can't go without it. BTW if it was dead the artist would not be getting the $ they are.
a-swift 11:15 PM - 27 February, 2007
Quote:
Quote:

I'm H-town and can't go without it. BTW if it was dead the artist would not be getting the $ they are.

i never said it was dead and that it's not here to stay, i said it'll pass "where I am". and it did. it doesn't bang in the clubs like it used to here. i spin in nyc a couple months ago and reggaeton was ALL that would work. i got on and was spinnin club bangers (hip-hop) and no one would dance. i cut my set short and told the reggaeton guy to get back on.

same thing goes in houston and miami. i got a ton of reggaeton requests and it kept the dance floor hot (unlike nyc, I was spinning it in houston and miami). so yeah, it might be still hot in some places. it's not here. that was my point.
Dj Ryme 11:51 PM - 27 February, 2007
yeah in Long Beach or Orange County CA that shit aint workin, over here they want nothing but hip-hop I think that the mash-up thing is almost over here too, I've been rockin originals alot more than I have the last few months.
DJ d.range 12:47 AM - 28 February, 2007
Quote:
Reggaeton is still alive and pumpin in NYC.

and

Quote:
i cant go one night without a request for reggaeton....

**co-sign
Dj Metro 5:22 AM - 28 February, 2007
promo only has the best selection of reggaetonthat ive seen so far.And its up to date on whats hot on the island. (Puertorico)
JD 5:51 AM - 28 February, 2007
On the contrary, ive noticed that Regageton has been on the decline here in NYC. Even our reggaeton station had to tweak their format and add non-reggaeton songs now. Nothing huge has come out in a while.
dj skraps 3:58 PM - 28 February, 2007
[Nothing huge has come out in a while.

that's funny....what? cuz there has been no "GASOLINA"....there is plenty of hot shit out there if you keep up with that music and if you like it...."DADDY YANKEE" is not the only one out there.

Reggaeton will live on because it's a culture...been around for many years already...reggaeton has COUNTRIES that support it.
D-Twizzle 4:50 PM - 28 February, 2007
I'll play 5 reggaeton songs out of 100 songs in a 2 hour set. I just do it all in a row to get it done with.
a-swift 8:05 PM - 28 February, 2007
one thing that is never goin outta style though. frankie cutlass. puerto rico,.. hooo! wait a sec. that's not reggaeton.
tig ol' bitties 9:02 PM - 28 February, 2007
yo Cassidy...I am reppin B town as well...and have all my life..what station is this???
I think the only time reggaeton is popular in the bean is on Latin Saturdays at the Roxy. Other then that, I rarely hear it anywhere in the city. Maybe for like 10 minutes but thats it the whole night.
tig ol' bitties 9:03 PM - 28 February, 2007
Quote:
I'll play 5 reggaeton songs out of 100 songs in a 2 hour set. I just do it all in a row to get it done with.

exactly...thats all that DJs do up here, if anything at all.
JD 11:23 PM - 28 February, 2007
Quote:
yo Cassidy...I am reppin B town as well...and have all my life..what station is this???
I think the only time reggaeton is popular in the bean is on Latin Saturdays at the Roxy. Other then that, I rarely hear it anywhere in the city. Maybe for like 10 minutes but thats it the whole night.

I used to do Roxy every couple of months and used to drop a lot.

Im djing at Rumor this Friday up in Boston....
djay buterd hams 3:28 AM - 1 March, 2007
Yo people I tryed digiwaxx and was denied . Does anyone want to help me out with sending me tracks they get from there. Buterdjamons@yahoo.com
Dj Cassidy 3:35 AM - 1 March, 2007
Quote:
Quote:

I used to do Roxy every couple of months and used to drop a lot.

Im djing at Rumor this Friday up in Boston....

Jamn945 with Dj Pup Dawg every Sunday night.

There is also another club in Lynn right next to the Blue Line Wonderland station called Club Lido thats all about the latin flavor. I think Dj Willie held it down there a couple times.

Im not in the Bean now I go to school in South Carolina but I'll be reppin again this summer. Rumors a hot spot hold on to that bro.
Dj Cassidy 3:36 AM - 1 March, 2007
Quote:
Yo people I tryed digiwaxx and was denied . Does anyone want to help me out with sending me tracks they get from there. Buterdjamons@yahoo.com

illegal...?
nautical 3:41 AM - 1 March, 2007
mash-ups are still rockin' pretty well in LA, i think the next big thing will be house/EDM remixes of hiphop and a lot more fast-beat music hitting mainstream.
i.e. dj 2nd nature's remix of stay fly.
Dj Cassidy 3:50 AM - 1 March, 2007
My bad ill give you the times on that reggaeton show on jamn945.

Its 12am -2am sundays
DjSykes 5:48 AM - 1 March, 2007
Quote:

Why not??? When Hip Hop Came out Just about every other genre that was considered mainstream at the time did not approve of it....All Im saying is Reggaeton is young, how long did it take hip hop to become mainstream???? And just because you might get 1 request a month dosen't mean that other Djs aren't getting more request... All A matter of Geography at this point...know what I mean???
louisv14 6:11 AM - 1 March, 2007
You got a point Sykes. I've been doing small parties here in L.A. All they want me to play is Reggaeton. There is alot of people who loves the genre but there aren't alot of clubs that plays this genre. I know Reggaeton may not be very strong in other cities but from personal experience I get alot of requests.
DJ Bless 6:37 AM - 1 March, 2007
It has to do with the make-up of the club or the demographics.
djrocket 12:44 AM - 3 March, 2007
Prime Cuts Latin service sends me a nice selection twice a months.. but no instrumentals
dj fluffylumpkins 12:57 AM - 3 March, 2007
We do have a large hispanic population down here in beaumont, but i am an english guy spinning reggaeton in a club owned by cajuns, go figgur
That Guy 1 1:14 AM - 3 March, 2007
bumsquaddjz.com has a reggaton section.
djay buterd hams 6:25 AM - 9 April, 2007
Just a question . How come its illegal if they give the tracks to you for free anyways for promotion ? I'm talking about sites like diggiwaxx.
That Guy 1 3:28 PM - 9 April, 2007
Quote:
Just a question . How come its illegal if they give the tracks to you for free anyways for promotion ? I'm talking about sites like diggiwaxx.

Who's saying digiwaxx is illegal? Digiwaxx is fully legal.
The E Head 12:46 PM - 10 April, 2007
Quote:

Just cause they can do it don't mean you can!

Diggiwax and other pools are for promotional use, ie record company get there songs played in return making them money thats why they allow diggiwax to give out mp3's, kinda the same way whitelabel promos use to work

Its a win win situation, the label gets its tunes played and the dj gets it for free

You have been refused from diggiwax so obviuoulsy you have nothing to offer them, (back to the bedroom chump:P)

So until you step up your game and get accepted get out their and buy some tunes
That Guy 1 5:37 AM - 11 April, 2007
Quote:
thats why they allow diggiwax to give out mp3's

No, labels pay them. They are very legal.
djmagic21 7:28 PM - 19 September, 2010
Love how non latinos want to tell us reggaeton is dead. It's not in the mainstream US market but around the world next to house it rules the clubs. Europe Asia and of course latin america. So because the club in Iowa is not spinning Reggaeton dont mean it's dead. Good We don't want it mainstream.
the_black_one 8:08 PM - 19 September, 2010
<------Hispanic living in a town that has 60% of it's population Hispanic!

That crap you call reggeaton is dead!!! Move on with the times!
djmagic21 9:31 PM - 19 September, 2010
Come to my town Harrisburg PA and they have 300 people every fri not only latinos. Like I said we dont want to be mainstream.