Websites Discussion

Talk about our websites Serato.com and Whitelabel.net
To talk about a Serato product such as Scratch Live or ITCH please find the appropriate forum area.

i´m still w8ing

kenny davis 4:37 PM - 26 February, 2007
when do u start..in january?
ha ha nice joke....please change ur URL in hiphopblacklabel.u got no clubsounds only blackmusic....

in the meantime i found some good [finished]netlabels.
DJS can download there 4 free and its only electronic music there: tropicnetlabel.de archipel.cc and Unfoundsoundrecordings.com

cheers
dj disturbed 9:06 PM - 26 February, 2007
Quote:
when do u start..in january?
ha ha nice joke....please change ur URL in hiphopblacklabel.u got no clubsounds only blackmusic....

in the meantime i found some good [finished]netlabels.
DJS can download there 4 free and its only electronic music there: tropicnetlabel.de archipel.cc and Unfoundsoundrecordings.com

cheers

Dont be so racist... its not "Black" music.. its hip-hop.. and in some clubs it IS club music.. Whitelable has not officialy launched yet.. its still intesting mode.. once it come fully online they will have more of a selection up from what the Serato guys have said.
Chrisssss 4:25 AM - 27 February, 2007
He's not beeing racistic, he's probably beeing a German or other European. Cause in Germany we dont call it really Hip Hop, the official name for Hip Hop and R'N'B in Germany is Black Music.

Best Wishes,
Chris
nik39 1:24 PM - 27 February, 2007
I live in Germany, and I call the cheesy hh/rnb stuff played in the clubs "club music", and I heard it from others as well.
afr00 1:39 AM - 28 February, 2007
hmmm..well, I'm from Nigeria and if you're going to label any kind of music "blackmusic" then you better go and learn a bit more about music history. Because of course, the guys who started house, techno and whatever else had a high proportion of black people in. Music doesn't "see colour".

And sorry but I find the tone of Kenny Davis post pretty crap.
Chrisssss 11:38 AM - 28 February, 2007
@nik39 sorry, but when you are living in germany you should know that we call Hip Hop often Black music, we are not taalking about Clubmusic, thats something different!

@afr00, i didnt invented that term. And like iI said, Black music doesnt stand only for Hip Hop its like Hip Hop, RNB and Soul

Information:
de.wikipedia.org

And a proove for nik39 who should know it:
some flyer
www.partyboerse.net
filterlos.de

Or the CD "Best Of Black":
ec2.images-amazon.com

Best wishes, CHris
dj disturbed 6:04 PM - 28 February, 2007
House, Techno, (real) Disco is also "Black music"
nik39 6:21 PM - 28 February, 2007
Quote:
@nik39 sorry, but when you are living in germany you should know that we call Hip Hop often Black music, we are not taalking about Clubmusic, thats something different!

I dont know in which suburb you live, but we in the urban cities call this also club music ;-) . Club music does not necessarily mean "electronical" music and is in no way restricted to that genre.

Chris, also the referenced wikipedia article is CRAP.
Quote:
Die wichtigsten Elemente dieser Musik sind Jazz, Funk und Soul, welche immer kombiniert sind und somit einen sehr rhythmischen Takt (Merkmal der Blackmusic) erzeugen.

Translated:

Quote:
The most important elements of this music are jazz, funk and soul which are always combined and therefore create a rhythmical beat (characteristic of Blackmusic).

Which amateur wrote this article?

Conclusion: Some articles on wikipedia are doo doo and should not be used as an reference ;)
Chrisssss 9:53 PM - 28 February, 2007
@DJ Disturb, NO, Black Music is RNB & Hip Hop, some fallows concider also Soul as Black Music.

The Term is not used or verry uncommen in the USA.

"I dont know in which suburb you live, but we in the urban cities call this also club music ;-) . Club music does not necessarily mean "electronical" music and is in no way restricted to that genre."

THats not what i said. Shure CLub music can also be Black music. But Hip Hop and RNB are still concidered as Black Music (se my prooves. I have CDs like "Best of Black", "Bravo Black", which are Hip Hop, RNB sampler, wven if the artists are not black people, like Sido, Fanta4,...).

(info: I live in Hannover, But i DJed in different Locations around Germany (Leipzig, Hannover, Bremen, Hamburg,...) and the US. And every where I've been itwas concidered as black music. And not with a recist touch. Or how could you disargument my prooves? The Flyers of Clubs, The buncha CD Sampler that are out there in Germany and other European countries?

Greez
Chris
nik39 11:38 PM - 28 February, 2007
Just b/c its used on CD covers doesnt meant its not a racial label...

I hope you agree that the wikiarticle is crap.
kev_the_dj 1:33 AM - 1 March, 2007
Jesus Christ. You Nazi Germans are still crazy!
Chrisssss 6:01 AM - 1 March, 2007
@ nick right :) and yeah, the wiki article is kinda crapy. but please do so and reread my posts. In every of your post it seams to me that u dint really got what i was talking about.

@kev. hmm, that was like 60 years ago. Today, there is a huge racism against Nazis in Germany. Germany is very democratic. Muuuuch more than the US. But i agree that we Germans are Crazy :) in a good way.
theJhiz 4:45 AM - 2 March, 2007
does someone need a hug?
dj disturbed 5:41 PM - 2 March, 2007
Quote:
@DJ Disturb, NO, Black Music is RNB & Hip Hop, some fallows concider also Soul as Black Music.

what i was getting at is... if you want to lable those and "Black Music" you must lable true Disco, House annd Techno and Black Music... Hell evne Rock & Roll Started out as "Black Music".. b/c it was first done by the American Black Cultures (mostly the Black Gays in the USA). In alot of the USA what you call "Black Music" IS thought of as CLUB music./
Rungsta 9:35 PM - 2 March, 2007
@Chrisssss: There is a huge racism against Nazis?? ;) I think you meant something like opposition..

...and I`m still waiting for whitelabel to be launched..
Ghostcopy 12:20 AM - 3 March, 2007
Seems things are a bit on edge over here must be the wait for the site to go live
nik39 12:19 AM - 5 March, 2007
Quote:
@kev. hmm, that was like 60 years ago. Today, there is a huge racism against Nazis in Germany.

What a crap. In the past few years crimes with fascist intentions have increased a lot in Germany. Also extreme right wing parties (yes, neo-nazi's) are getting more and more successful in elections. Sad but true. This is not a phenomenom limited to Germany but applies to many european countries.
Chrisssss 10:56 AM - 5 March, 2007
"RUNGSTA: There is a huge racism against Nazis?? ;) I think you meant something like opposition.."
@Rungsta: Nope i dont.

"Disturbed: what i was getting at is... if you want to lable those and "Black Music" you must lable true Disco, House annd Techno and Black Music... "
@DJ Disturbed: I dont label those "Black Music", the European Music Industrie does, since about 15 years i think! and they dont label Disco, house or Techno with Black Music.

Greez
dj disturbed 5:13 PM - 5 March, 2007
Quote:

@DJ Disturbed: I dont label those "Black Music", the European Music Industrie does, since about 15 years i think! and they dont label Disco, house or Techno with Black Music.

I understand they dont.... but what im saying is that They are.

So.. inyour way of saying things... if some Record Companies labled certain types of music comming out of germany as "Nazi Music" (not saying they should... personaly i would find that a very wrong thing to do... but just using it as an example) if should be OK b/c the Recording industry is doing it... so we all should?
Chrisssss 10:01 PM - 5 March, 2007
hey, but the black music has been mainly invented by black people (Hip Hop's origin is the ghettos, were black people started a revolution in music). What is racistic on calling Hip Hop and RNB, Black Music?

There would be no reason for calling german Music Nazi Music, cause they didnt invented it, and they didnt produce music. Other than Black Music.
dj disturbed 6:00 PM - 6 March, 2007
Quote:
hey, but the black music has been mainly invented by black people

Well on that note.. like i have said b4... Real Disco, House and Techno were invented by Black people... why do you say they are not "black music"?
Chrisssss 3:46 AM - 7 March, 2007
not really, the first techno came from German (Kraftwerk), Disco from all over the world and House originally from the Nightclub "Warehouse" in Chicago, but it developed mor in Europe. I think you could agree that hip hop and rnb are mainly dominated by black people. There are only a couple exceptions. And it had been their style, their style to express theiself after the sad Blues- Times.
Jester- 2:52 PM - 7 March, 2007
my god you lot are disturbed ! MUZIK IS MUZIK Get over your egos
DJ-Rome 8:40 AM - 9 March, 2007
No only one of them is disturbed.
dj disturbed 9:21 PM - 9 March, 2007
lol... yup
dj disturbed 9:37 PM - 9 March, 2007
Quote:
not really, the first techno came from German (Kraftwerk), Disco from all over the world and House originally from the Nightclub "Warehouse" in Chicago, but it developed mor in Europe. I think you could agree that hip hop and rnb are mainly dominated by black people. There are only a couple exceptions. And it had been their style, their style to express theiself after the sad Blues- Times.

-you must not know your history that as well as you think..... Disco= BLACK gay community of NY.. im talking the real Disco.. not the record company sytle disco... that was not the real stuff...
-House-- an offshoot of disco first played by Frankie Kuckles in the Warehouse in chicago and the track he first played was made by a friend of his..... also the BLACK gay community
-Techno-- when the peeps living in detroit heard Frankie playing house in The Warehouse.. they liked it so much that they desided tomake there own... but it had it own detroit sound to it.... they came out with Techno.
-Kraftwark-- Way b4 its time... yes they had he sound way b4 any of these groups came out with it.... but it was not the influance for it in Chicago and detroit. Kraftwork was the infulance for the style of dance music that Africa Bambaataa started making to be a dancier Hip-hop sound (wich lead the the mordern Electronic BreakBeat style)... that is also why alot of EDM cats around here see Kraftwork as the grandfathers of modern BreakBeat style EDM.

in all cases the modern syles of Dance style music was put forth by BLACK artest (were Bambaataa being the hip-hop style turned electronic) in the USA. So hence that would be considerd "BLACK music" as well IMHO. If you want to lable hip-hop Black music b/c its black foundations then the same thing needs to be said about Disco, House, and Techno.

The refrance for my info is the book "Last night A DJ Saved My Life, The history of the Disc Jockey" wich goes over in depth the history of dance music b/c of the fact that dance music is music made by DJ's
dj disturbed 9:44 PM - 9 March, 2007
ohh and the highly popular "Northern Soul" style in the UK is also BLACK music... and from there is what started the Baggy clothing that is now known as hip-hop style... but northern soul was the UK's white kids dance music (but 95% of the artist that made northern soul hits were black)...
Chrisssss 6:36 AM - 10 March, 2007
"you must not know your history that as well as you think..... Disco= BLACK gay community of NY.. im talking the real Disco.. not the record company sytle disco... that was not the real stuff...
-House-- an offshoot of disco first played by Frankie Kuckles in the Warehouse in chicago and the track he first played was made by a friend of his..... also the BLACK gay community"

i know pretty good about music.
i mentioned "from the Nightclub "Warehouse" in Chicago," already. Disco is a style for the 70s/80s the gay community might have been involved, i dont disagree.

But i disagree with "-Techno-- when the peeps living in detroit heard Frankie playing house in The Warehouse.. they liked it so much that they desided tomake there own... but it had it own detroit sound to it.... they came out with Techno."
Detroit Techno isnot = Techno. Detroit Techno existed before the real techno was originated. and noone does really know if it developed from the detroit techno.

Anyway, i dont know what u are trying to dicuss, i live in germany and here people, companies, labels and clubs concider Hip Hop and RNB as 'Black Music', i dont know what your arguments have to do with this fact u are trying to discuss about, but ok.
Detroitbootybass 4:33 AM - 15 March, 2007
Chrisssss - Please stop. You are embarrassing yourself with your lack of house/techno knowledge.

Thank you.
dj disturbed 5:06 PM - 15 March, 2007
Quote:

Detroit Techno isnot = Techno. Detroit Techno existed before the real techno was originated. and noone does really know if it developed from the detroit techno.

Read the book "Last Night A DJ Saved My Life, The History Of The Disk Jocky" it will help you understand why you are wrong about that!! www.amazon.com
Chrisssss 3:28 AM - 16 March, 2007
Lol, we are talking about that someone said I should not cal Hip Hop Music: Black Music. I said thats what we say for it in Germany and for soereason some people are freaking out and say that i'm wrong?? even if they dont even live in germany!?!

Anyway, i dont know what you were up to, but i still belife, that we call it Black Music. Cause I read and hear it every day,

Thank you
dj disturbed 5:32 AM - 16 March, 2007
I'm just saying that to some peeps (exp in the USA) that might be considered offencive and the N.A.A.C.P. would prolly file legal cival right stuff in the USA if thats the way it was promoted around here! and if you call that black music.. then you should call all types of music that was originaly done by the black community as black music.

Its just like i said.. if there was a type of music that came out of germany that arecord company desided to call it Nazi Music just b/c it came and was done by German people in genral you would have an issue with them calling it that, right? Do you see my point.....
dj disturbed 5:33 AM - 16 March, 2007
a record company NOT arecord company
dj pauly 1:37 AM - 20 March, 2007
Being black, I read the posts, and counter posts - and I have to say, when I speak to my many friends, who are hip-hop & rap artists, they always say they want to keep their music, "real, black and in the hood". Then there's our lovely media, who speak of the invasion of hip-hop in "white" America.

And then there is the lovely history of America, when R&B, Blues and Soul was called for many years, and still today, Black Music. And Hip-Hop is played on what channel in America before any other one: B.E.T. and what is that lovely channel called: Black Entertainment Television...so please get a clue, if you don't know what Hip-Hop and R&B is called!

But, I can't wait for the other labels as well, because I my style of music is Deep House, but I appreciate and love that hip-hop and R&B is available right now. I don't normally mix the sound, but now I can get it for FREE...that is the spirit of this site...not belly aching over to be Black Music or Not Black Music.

djpauly
Chrisssss 5:16 AM - 20 March, 2007
Sorry, disrturbed but it still seems to me like you are not reading my post. I think you dont get my point.

It is a fact that in Germany the word "Black Music" means Hip Hop and RNB, its not me, who is making up that word.

Btw. do you remember in the 60s,when the Americans called some styles "Race music"!?!

And again, i already mentioned that: The Nazis didn't createda music style. Ithink they listened a lot to mozart or something.

Greez,
Chris
dj disturbed 7:36 AM - 20 March, 2007
Quote:

And again, i already mentioned that: The Nazis didn't createda music style. Ithink they listened a lot to mozart or something.

Greez,
Chris

Im not saying they did.. im say that if some germans created some type of music and the record lables started calling it that in the rest of the world.. would that be right? Its not saying your wrong for calling Hip-hop and R&B Black music.. I'm saying the record lables over there sould not lable something that b/c it made by black culture and not label other types of music that was made by the black culture also. THATS what im talking about.

but what ever im tired of talking about this not b/c you wont see the point im trying to make.
Ghostcopy 2:24 AM - 21 March, 2007
How about 'Agree to disagree'
Chrisssss 4:20 AM - 22 March, 2007
Yeah, but NAZIS are often seen as bad but blacks not so if the Nazis have had created their own music style, i dont think people would call it Nazi-music.
Nicky Blunt 2:05 PM - 26 March, 2007
Who cares?

Look all I have to say is just call it a day?

You both play music & call it different things!

Like in Uk drum & Bass is refered to as jungle breakbeat Hardcore etc etc!

Just agree to disagree and leave it at that?
nik39 11:43 PM - 27 March, 2007
Quote:
"RUNGSTA: There is a huge racism against Nazis?? ;) I think you meant something like opposition.."
@Rungsta: Nope i dont

Chris, justaletyaknow... 18.000 fascistic crime actions have been recorded and reported in 2006, that was an increase of 14% compared to 2005. This is the highest number ever (not counting WW2)

So please dont tell nazis are abandonned or something.