Software help archive

A read-only archive of old serato.com help threads.

Optimizing Windows for ITCH / Guide to NS7

Product
ITCH
Version
-
Hardware
Numark NS7 +
Computer
PC
OS
Platform
-
Mr Fett 1:15 PM - 5 August, 2010
Product: itch
Hardware: numark-ns7||no-fx-controller
Computer: pc
OS Version: xp
---

Hi all,

I'm still getting to grips with my NS7 having come from a traditional vinyl background and was after a bit of help, I have two questions really:

REDUCING LATENCY
----------------
Does anyone know of a guide for reducing the latency of ITCH? I'm assuming this is what it's called. Basically; when I'm scratching the vinyl just isn't as responsive as I've found SCRATCH to be (or obviously vinyl) and if I cut a tune out with the crossfader, there seems to be a small delay before it reacts. Any guides out there or tips?

USING THE NS7
-------------
While using the NS7 is fairly straight forward, I know I'm missing out on loads of new features but I can't seem to find a decent "Vinyl Junkie's guide" to getting the most out of it. I still queue up by hand (again because using the cue button seems to have too much of a delay), don't know how to loop properly, etc.

Thanks in advance for any and all help!

Bob
Serato, Forum Moderator
Matt-C 10:10 PM - 5 August, 2010
Hi Mr Fett.

There's a good guide for tweaking your PC for the NS7+ITCH: www.serato.com

This will help you reduce latency.
Please also provide me with your computer specs (make, model, CPU, RAM, any other USB devices used).

You may want to look around the articles page out for more information if you're after it: www.serato.com

And the manual will give you all the information you want on looping and cue points etc.
This is available from here: www.serato.com

Let me know if there's any further questions you have :D
Mr Fett 1:33 AM - 6 August, 2010
Hi Matt,

Thanks for getting back to me, I'll get the specs for the laptop but off the top of my head I can tell you it's an Acer Dual Core 2ghz Processor with 2GB of DDR2 RAM running Tiny XP (a stripped down version of XP).

The tutorial you sent seems to be a very basic "setup" tutorial. I'm looking for a real tech guide to squeezing the performance out - I'm an IT network manager so no my way around the nuts and bolts - do you have anything appropriate?

Thanks

Bob
Serato, Forum Moderator
Matt-C 1:59 AM - 6 August, 2010
Well, you can run a RATT tool over your system to see if there's anything causing latency.
To do so follow this guide: www.serato.com

When you have got the report, attach to this computer we can see if there's anything else you need to do.

Cheers!
6:00 AM, 20 Aug 2010
This help request has been closed due to inactivity.