DJing Discussion

This area is for discussion about DJing in general. Please remember the community rules when posting and try to be polite and inclusive.

Party Starter

DJ-A 3:18 PM - 19 February, 2007
What is everyone's Fav song to use that packs the dance floor every time?
Kid Stretch 3:27 PM - 19 February, 2007
wrong sectiong man!
DJ-A 3:42 PM - 19 February, 2007
Quote:
wrong sectiong man!

sorry... the general forum isnt showing up on my computer though... hmmm
nik39 5:47 PM - 19 February, 2007
Ryte.
Serato
Josh 9:31 PM - 19 February, 2007
*moved to general*
djskeetz 9:53 PM - 19 February, 2007
whenever the stupid drunk bitches will dance, is when the stupid drunk bitches willl dance.
dj cubicle 9:55 PM - 19 February, 2007
Don't Stop BELIEEEEEEEEVIN!
DJCyrusTheVirus 10:33 PM - 19 February, 2007
i still have a soft spot for ushers YEAH, something about that beat mannn, girls love it too
CQuence 10:37 PM - 19 February, 2007
I was doin a Frat formal party with my boy, I started off the night and when it was time to get people on the dance floor i threw on Rappers Delight.... It was a wrap from there
dj skraps 9:26 PM - 20 February, 2007
well if ur talkin about gettin bitches to the floor...ur gonna need to put on some JT, Fergie, Gwen, Nelly furtado of course....thats if your intentions are to get females to the floor.
s42000 9:34 PM - 20 February, 2007
Afroman - I Got High ..... works every time
That Guy 1 10:59 PM - 20 February, 2007
Quote:
well if ur talkin about gettin bitches to the floor...ur gonna need to put on some JT, Fergie, Gwen, Nelly furtado of course....thats if your intentions are to get females to the floor.

It sounds like you're working with a different demographic than some of us. Consider that.
dj skraps 11:12 PM - 20 February, 2007
probably not...the discussion was about what get the dancefloor packed and what get the bitches to the floor....none of these are my particular preference....so you give me some examples of what you think gets the b's to the floor...i'd like to know.
dj skraps 11:17 PM - 20 February, 2007
i was jus throwin some names out there....wasnt tryin to give a whole playlist.
DJ-A 11:27 PM - 20 February, 2007
Quote:

I was talking to someone... won't mention names.. but we all know his name... we were talking about how mixing has changed definations from what it has typically meant. And now mixing includes being able to mix different types of songs and keeping everyone happy. as has been talked about in other discussions, what you as a DJ should play depends on what the crowd/gig wants you to play.

I agree with skraps, that those songs are great at getting the ladies on the dance floor to start shaking it Every Time
Dj Ryme 11:44 PM - 20 February, 2007
Fresh Prince of Bel Air theme song...... I've been dropping it for a long time and have been trying to keep that secret but I heard a dj play it on Power 106 not too long ago so I guess I've been jacked.

Seriously the whole club will sing alog to this shit, get's em hype. Im sure about 10 people will say how they have dropped it before but seriously I have NEVER heard it in the club before I dropped it the first time.
joerockets 11:57 PM - 20 February, 2007
i used to play the theme to SWAT
DJ-A 1:00 AM - 21 February, 2007
i close to the cheers theme song, then i cut it and tell everyone to go home if i dont know them...
Dj KaGeN 5:16 AM - 21 February, 2007
I end w/ porky pig - "that's all folks"
Request_This_Ladies 5:24 AM - 21 February, 2007
Enya... j/k
aLiEn 5:51 AM - 21 February, 2007
The Hokey Pokey...What? It's a club banger!!

J/K
As-One 6:50 AM - 21 February, 2007
Wasn't this thread named Party STARTER.!? Well one of my last gigs (Microsoft VISTA party) i used Incubus', "wish you were here" as the opener... I got to make out with 4 chicks cuz of it! hahaha. J/K
As-One 6:51 AM - 21 February, 2007
but nah, i did use that song though...