DJing Discussion

This area is for discussion about DJing in general. Please remember the community rules when posting and try to be polite and inclusive.

-VIDEO IN SERATO-

DJ White Chocolate 1:56 AM - 19 February, 2007
I don't know if djing with videos is a feature in 1.7 or not but check out this video at the Serato booth at NAMM 2007.

Watchwww.youtube.com

If anyone has any details on this please tell. I was also wondering if you have to have the 57 to use video?
nik39 2:15 AM - 19 February, 2007
Please enter "video" right here --------------------------- ----------------------->
and press 'enter'
digital_steve 2:19 AM - 19 February, 2007
Why is this in the tips & tricks section?
nik39 2:26 AM - 19 February, 2007
Because I explained how to use the search function.

lol.
digital_steve 2:42 AM - 19 February, 2007
lol i guess that makes up for the original topics' shortfall
DJ White Chocolate 2:49 AM - 20 February, 2007
It's in the tips+tricks section because if someone knows how to use video in serato other people could use it, which would be a tip and/ or trick.
digital_steve 3:18 AM - 20 February, 2007
Quote:
It's in the tips+tricks section because if someone knows how to use video in serato other people could use it, which would be a tip and/ or trick.

... christ, grab yourself a sign mate.
DJCalibur 2:19 AM - 8 March, 2007
Quote:

L.O.L
eder 10:42 PM - 10 March, 2007
Quote:

we need to make a "i post without searching" area for people like smoothe and this jabroni.
Releaux 10:56 PM - 10 March, 2007
If he's the same White Chocolate as this guy (Watchyoutube.com) I'll cut him a little slack.

This time.

:D
nik39 11:02 PM - 10 March, 2007
Quote:
we need to make a "i post without searching" area for people like smoothe and this jabroni.

lol, thats probably the best suggestions I've read for a loooong time :)
bman 11:53 PM - 11 March, 2007
Quote:
If he's the same White Chocolate as this guy (Watchyoutube.com) I'll cut him a little slack.

This time.

:D

not bad at all not bad at all like to see him in a few years

Bman
K.R.N.G 95.1 FM 9:52 AM - 28 March, 2007
Ab-Loon 3:48 AM - 29 March, 2007
Yeah that katt is dope....i like what he put on his bio....

"Unlike most DJ's now days, i know how to mixx and scratch."

hahahah.....kid gots balls.....he's cool in my book!
K.R.N.G 95.1 FM 3:24 AM - 30 March, 2007
serato 1.5 ab-loon you need to upgrade dude!! yikes :)
Ab-Loon 7:17 AM - 30 March, 2007
Ahhhh....I forgot bout that....Im on 1.7.1....gotta update my pro...thanx for reminding me!!!
CUE937@YAHOO.COM 5:48 PM - 31 March, 2007
I NEED HELP WITH SERATO SHORT CUTS, TRICKS, BUT MOST OF ALL
IM GETTING A CRAZY AUDIO SCREATCH NOISE AND SKIPPING......
YOU PROS HELP ME, I JUST SWITCHED OVER FROM VINYL
dj disturbed 6:34 PM - 31 March, 2007
Quote:
I NEED HELP WITH SERATO SHORT CUTS, TRICKS, BUT MOST OF ALL
IM GETTING A CRAZY AUDIO SCREATCH NOISE AND SKIPPING......

no need to shout
Ab-Loon 1:36 AM - 1 April, 2007
Quote:

Cant say please??
DJ White Chocolate 1:43 AM - 1 April, 2007
Just help the dude, lol.
K.R.N.G 95.1 FM 3:42 AM - 1 April, 2007
Haya CUE937 For the shortcuts & Tricks Your Gonna Have To Read Up On Them Just Like The Rest Of US. Here On The Fourm..As Far As The Screatch & Skipping Goes Read Your Manuel Like Its Your Bible And Make Sure You Have Everything Connected Properly.And You Have Your Computer,ssl Set Properly..as Far As The Manuel States.First....Then If You Still Have Probs Then You Can FREAK OUT!!!LOL :)
3FOLD 10:23 AM - 13 April, 2007
you guys are awfully nice on here arent you! digi steve, disturbed and ab-probablya-lunatic Grow Up! White chocolates more mature than you, and from the video i just saw thats saying alot!
No offence White Chocolate, really like your stuff
cappinkirk 6:12 PM - 13 April, 2007
How Do You Even Type In All Title Case Like This?
Ab-Loon 10:16 PM - 13 April, 2007
Why you gettin on my case 3FOLD???? I gave Props to White Chocolate on this fourm (scroll up↑) and I left him a comment on his page (I think). So I dunno where u randomly come off callin me out....but maybe next time u should read carefully.

Thanx sweety ; )
eder 2:47 AM - 14 April, 2007
Quote:
you guys are awfully nice on here arent you! digi steve, disturbed and ab-probablya-lunatic Grow Up! White chocolates more mature than you, and from the video i just saw thats saying alot!

Better DJ? Quite possibly.

More mature? Doubt it.

Going to a tips and tricks section to ask for help, justifying his question by saying if someone knew the answer it'd be a tip (or trick, not sure which lol). That's not maturity at all.
djmassimo 6:44 AM - 14 April, 2007
why do noobs always scream.........hey...you...... new to the breath of life that is spinning. any q's i'll help ya...
myspace.com/djmassimo
spread the joy ....=)
K.R.N.G 95.1 FM 10:09 AM - 14 April, 2007
Quote:
How Do You Even Type In All Title Case Like This?
I'm Just Used To It.
dj disturbed 4:27 PM - 14 April, 2007
Quote:

I was just letting the person know that they dont need to yell.. we will help him either way
DJ White Chocolate 4:53 PM - 14 April, 2007
Ok...yes i messed up. I should have put it in the help section. SORRY. I'm 14 yrs. old. Sorry for the misunderstanding between everyone. Why don't we stop fighting and really be mature about the situation. Like i said i should of put it in the help section before i typed it and posted it in tips & tricks.
I never thought it would be such a crime. But next time i'll think more before i do.

thanks
-WC
K.R.N.G 95.1 FM 5:16 PM - 14 April, 2007
^^Don't Worry About It wc Alot Of These Folks Just Get A Kik Out Of F*ing With People..Instead Of Doing Somthing More Creative With Themselves..
Ab-Loon 6:56 PM - 14 April, 2007
Quote:
^^Don't Worry About It wc Alot Of These Folks Just Get A Kik Out Of F*ing With People..Instead Of Doing Somthing More Creative With Themselves..

Agreed
K.R.N.G 95.1 FM 5:48 AM - 15 April, 2007
Quote:
Quote:

Agreed
Thanks For The Backing On That Ab-Loon. Anyone Else Agree.That Most Of The Folks On Here Spend More Time On Non-sence & F*ing With People On The Board.Than Putting In The Vauleble Time On Being More Creative With Themselves,Their Time & Efforts.No Wonder Most People In This Business.Rarly Go AnyWhere.To Busy F*ing Around & Trying To Show Up People..
3FOLD 8:18 AM - 15 April, 2007
i wasnt trying to cause a big scene, just dont understand why people write commments like 'grab a sign mate' or 'cant say please' which does nothing for anyone else apart from the person writing it to have a chuckle to themselves.
I pointed out white chocolates maturity simply because unlike you three he wrote exactly what i was thinking, 'just help the guy' thats what this forums for.
I am new, and i just hope if i ever have a question it wont be shot down because god forbid i didnt put it in the write section. People who are bothered about this sort of thing are the ones that as one of you so delicately put it 'should be doing something more creative with themselves'

3FOLD
3FOLD 8:20 AM - 15 April, 2007
or calling someone a jabroni...only just saw that
eder 11:40 AM - 15 April, 2007
Quote:
or calling someone a jabroni...only just saw that

LOL I was watching Hogan Knows Best at the time I posted that.

Seriously though,

There's a video floating around somewhere of a Serato guy showing off how video will work and he hints at a July release date. We already know that it's $50. If you need video now, check out virtual DJ. You can't scratch for shit in it and beatmatching's quite hard (nothing like normal vinyl), but you can use video with it. Hopefully that helped.

Also, people will give you shit for doing something stupid. Even if it's unintentional. That's a fact of life no matter where you are (9-5, gig, SSL forums lol). It's not really that people single out you, but there are a lot of people that get tired of checking the forum to find new topics about something that's been discussed to death in other threads.

Mad props to WC, you got some crazy skills for someone your age.
Releaux 3:12 PM - 15 April, 2007
He's got some crazy skills for someone my age (which is... um.... older than he is. ;-)
K.R.N.G 95.1 FM 4:17 PM - 15 April, 2007
Quote:
He's got some crazy skills for someone my age (which is... um.... older than he is. ;-)
Yep Agreed!!100% I've Been Thinking The Same Thing For Awhile.Just Forgot To Post It..Sorry WC Mad Props & Respect.Keep It Up Bro..
dj disturbed 5:21 PM - 15 April, 2007
Quote:
We already know that it's $50.

we dont know its $50... they never officialy said it was going to be $50.. they only said it was going to be a separate app that works with SSL.....
3FOLD 8:59 PM - 15 April, 2007
Thats more like it!!! Appologies to anyone i offended, i had just come back from a 24 hour drinking session in Germany and anyone who has played or visited this country will know how much you can knock back in a night without realising! Eder, i understand what your saying about people being tired of over discussed threads, i only hope that in the future, mistakes could be handled a bit friendlier, at the end of the day we are here to help each other not piss each other off!
3FOLD
DJ White Chocolate 9:11 PM - 15 April, 2007
word.
Kevin Walker 7:03 PM - 18 April, 2007
wsup white chocalate....you are putting it down....dj tdk......dallas...holla at me
DJ White Chocolate 9:55 PM - 18 April, 2007
Hey! wusup TDK! haven't talked to you in a minute
Dj Coy 5:47 PM - 19 April, 2007
Quote:
Quote:
We already know that it's $50.

we dont know its $50... they never officialy said it was going to be $50.. they only said it was going to be a separate app that works with SSL.....

man i hope it will be $50...lol
Serato, Forum Moderator
Sam 1:24 AM - 8 July, 2007
**Moved to General Discussion