DJing Discussion

This area is for discussion about DJing in general. Please remember the community rules when posting and try to be polite and inclusive.

Mississauga, ON

Stretch 6:55 PM - 13 February, 2007
Just wondering if there are any Dj's in Mississauga Ontario that might want to Network.
DJ FLATLINE 9:50 AM - 14 February, 2007
I live in Brampton....wat do you mean by network???
DJCyrusTheVirus 8:56 PM - 14 February, 2007
im up in Etobicoke
Andyman187 9:04 PM - 15 February, 2007
I'm also in Etobicoke. I'm Down to session.
djbookz 12:49 AM - 16 February, 2007
im in windsor, 4 hours away near detroit
jaffy1984 9:26 PM - 16 February, 2007
I'm in Erin Millzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
DJ LAST 10:29 PM - 16 February, 2007
yeah yeah im from etobicoke
waht do you spin
djmallon 1:33 AM - 17 February, 2007
sauga represent!
Stretch 6:04 AM - 17 February, 2007
by network,i just mean make contacts you know, itd be nice to meet a few local DJ's, help ea other out, get at me on msn

brendo99@hotmail.com
or
stretch_productions@hotmail.com
Stretch 6:06 AM - 17 February, 2007
check me on www.myspace.com

Rap is my thing, i spun reggae/dancehall a few times at a bar in my area, im down with w.e though
DJCyrusTheVirus 6:14 PM - 19 February, 2007
does anyone here no where to get the colored vinyal in toronto? does any place sell it????
RICHY RICH 6:51 PM - 19 February, 2007
Im in Ottawa....

colored control records? go to play de record www.playderecord.com

check me at:
www.myspace.com
or
www.richyrich.ca
Stretch 7:51 PM - 19 February, 2007
Traxx should have them

905-272-2766
DJCyrusTheVirus 8:32 PM - 19 February, 2007
sick thanks does traxx have a website???
djSpinz 8:40 PM - 19 February, 2007
check www.2thebeat.com

coloured vinyl is the first thing on the website. I'm going to see if i can get them to order any other colours. Anything in particular people are interested in?
Stretch 9:18 PM - 19 February, 2007
i have traxx business card right here, doesnt look like they got a site, theres a location in pickering and in mississauga thhough.

another spot that would probably have em is dj depot:

www.djdepotonline.com

they got a location in south brampton and i think theres one downtown. other spots downtown are like.. moog audio, play de record.

hope that helps, otherwise just order em online
mexicannnnnn 10:22 PM - 19 February, 2007
Lots of DJ's here from T.O. (me included).
DJCyrusTheVirus 10:35 PM - 19 February, 2007
thanks for the sites, Im just to lazy to drive downtown I'm all the way in etobicoke
Dj Shamann 11:08 PM - 19 February, 2007
I'm not in the west (Scartowner) but gotta link up with my GTA boardies anyway.
Dj Shamann 11:12 PM - 19 February, 2007
Cyrus, isn't there a Dj Depot out your ways? They gotta have the control vinyl.
society 1:23 AM - 20 February, 2007
Quote:
thanks for the sites, Im just to lazy to drive downtown I'm all the way in etobicoke

Where in the 'Coke? Uptown? DJ Depot isn't that far--it's on Steeles between Dixie and Airport (or Bramalea Rd and Torbram to be more exact). I grew up about a 15 minute walk from where the store is!
mexicannnnnn 2:09 AM - 20 February, 2007
I lived right beside Bramalea City Center for a couple years... but orginally I'm from HeartLake...actually I was born around Linkdale area, but lived most my life in HeartLake.
DJCyrusTheVirus 3:07 AM - 20 February, 2007
that shouldn't be to far from me, Im in the kipling eglington area. Definetly gunna check it out once the paycheque rolls in
Stretch 3:49 AM - 20 February, 2007
im at dixie/bloor, its like a 15 min drive from my place, dj depots a nice spot,

theres another reggae/dancehall based equip store right on dixie dundas next to licks, its called sunshine audio, tonnnnnes of music if you spin reggae/dancehall, and they got enough equipmnt too, a little bit over priced but the guy will bargain with you.
Dj Shamann 4:01 AM - 20 February, 2007
Quote:

theres another reggae/dancehall based equip store right on dixie dundas next to licks, its called sunshine audio, tonnnnnes of music if you spin reggae/dancehall, and they got enough equipmnt too, a little bit over priced but the guy will bargain with you.

Sunshine (Scarborough) is my main spot because no matter what you need if Mike ain't got it, he will get it and he's willing to reason with you. I didn't realize they moved the St Clair W store to Mississauga until I checked the site (I've been dealing with that family since the 90's but only just asked for the site addy the other day) otherwise I would've mentioned it.

Map - www.sunshinemusic.ca
DJ FLATLINE 6:02 AM - 20 February, 2007
Quote:
I lived right beside Bramalea City Center for a couple years... but orginally I'm from HeartLake...actually I was born around Linkdale area, but lived most my life in HeartLake.

I always chilled on linkdale. You probably know a lot of my people then.

We need to get this Toronto SSL jam going..I can get Starting From Scratch and Jason chambers to come (if their not busy).
jaffy1984 4:23 PM - 20 February, 2007
Quote:
Traxx should have them

Traxx is the biggest ripoff in the world. I used to buy shit from them a while ago. Every time I used to walk out thinking I had a good deal I would go somewhere else and find out I got totally ripped off.

Best stores to check out are DJ Depot for sure and also Long & McQuad. I'm sure they have Serato records there.

So does anyone here spin at any clubs?????????
society 7:08 PM - 20 February, 2007
Quote:
Quote:

I always chilled on linkdale. You probably know a lot of my people then.

We need to get this Toronto SSL jam going..I can get Starting From Scratch and Jason chambers to come (if their not busy).

I was born and raised in the D section--does that mean anything to any Brampton-ites?

I would definitely be into a 416/905 SSL jam.
mexicannnnnn 10:35 PM - 20 February, 2007
Yup I know the D section.
DJ FLATLINE 8:24 AM - 21 February, 2007
i know about the D section too.

where would be a good place to hold this 416/647/905 jam???
let's get on this people!!!
society 4:50 PM - 21 February, 2007
I have an apartment that barely holds my gear :P Anyone have a basement or have access to a club that we could use during the day or something?
DJCyrusTheVirus 7:21 PM - 21 February, 2007
im so down for that , sounds like a plan! maybe a banquet hall or something???
mexicannnnnn 3:08 AM - 22 February, 2007
Im working on a good location. It's a Spadina and Harbourd... I'll see if it will work out.
society 4:51 PM - 22 February, 2007
Quote:
Im working on a good location. It's a Spadina and Harbourd... I'll see if it will work out.

Nice! That's down the street (sort of) from where I live now.
Stretch 7:15 PM - 22 February, 2007
i'm down for whatever, if you guys agree on something make sure you post it here