Software help archive

A read-only archive of old serato.com help threads.

Problem Saving "Mic Record" sessions

Product
Scratch Live
Version
-
Hardware
Ortofon | Serato S-120
Computer
-
OS
Platform
-
djtrippin 8:31 AM - 26 July, 2004
Hey nothing with this program has malfunctioned for me except this, so I'm greatful to start. Whenever I have someone record a few words and save it to scratch with serato, thats no problem, works fine, however when I exit the program and re-open, the saved file is never there anymore. How can I fix that? Because it'd be nice to save some of the stupid stuff people are saying for me ;), thanks.
Rane, Support
Shaun W 3:33 PM - 26 July, 2004
After saving the recorded samples, does SL create a "record" crate within your library/crate/playlists display section?
djtrippin 7:49 PM - 26 July, 2004
Quote:
After saving the recorded samples, does SL create a "record" crate within your library/crate/playlists display section?

Yes it does, but upon reopening, it isnt there anymore.
Serato, Moderator
AJ 9:03 PM - 26 July, 2004
Are you using the latest version of scratch live (v1.1 build 1107)?
djtrippin 10:24 PM - 26 July, 2004
Quote:
Are you using the latest version of scratch live (v1.1 build 1107)?

indeed i am. at first i thought the problem was my slave drive won't save any new data to it, but now I replaced it with a different drive, any the crates i create (instrumentals, singles, etc.) all save EXCEPT for the 'recorded' crate wich SSL creates automatically upon saving a recorded mic session....

im running windows xp pro, athlon xp 2500+, 768mbs of RAM...
Rane, Support
Shaun W 10:31 PM - 26 July, 2004
Have you tried dragging the mic audio file into another crate to test if the mic file will save using a diferent crate besides the "record" crate?
djtrippin 11:54 PM - 26 July, 2004
Quote:
Have you tried dragging the mic audio file into another crate to test if the mic file will save using a diferent crate besides the "record" crate?

Just tried this and got the same result, the file is no longer there upon exit/reopen of the program.
Serato, Forum Moderator
Sam 12:15 AM - 27 July, 2004
Hi djrippin. When you make and save a mic recording, a file is made in \My Documents\My Music\ScratchLIVE\Recording. Can you please save a mic recording, and go and have a look to see if the file is there. Exit, and see if it is still there. Restart Scratch LIVE and see if it is still there.
djtrippin 2:09 AM - 27 July, 2004
Quote:
Hi djrippin. When you make and save a mic recording, a file is made in My DocumentsMy MusicScratchLIVERecording. Can you please save a mic recording, and go and have a look to see if the file is there. Exit, and see if it is still there. Restart Scratch LIVE and see if it is still there.

I completely uninstalled and reinstalled the lastest build of SSL. It seems to be saving my mic records now, but i don't see any files in "\My Documents\My Music\ScratchLIVE\Recording", infact, I only get to My Music and then there is nothing. Where are the files going now?
Serato, Forum Moderator
Sam 3:04 AM - 28 July, 2004
Hi DJtrippin. Sorry, I didn't tell you that this folder is a hidden folder.
Within Scratch LIVE, select the recording, and press ctrl-r. This will 'reveal' the file, i.e. show you where it is in the file system. It sounds like the re-install fixed things anyway.
djtrippin 7:53 AM - 28 July, 2004
Quote:
Hi DJtrippin. Sorry, I didn't tell you that this folder is a hidden folder.
Within Scratch LIVE, select the recording, and press ctrl-r. This will 'reveal' the file, i.e. show you where it is in the file system. It sounds like the re-install fixed things anyway.

Ahhh I see. All is fixed now, thanks so much for the help, the ppl at SSL are very nice. :)