Software help archive

A read-only archive of old serato.com help threads.

Error 1327 Invalid Drive

Product
Scratch Live
Version
-
Hardware
Ortofon | Serato S-120
Computer
-
OS
Platform
-
Dj Gary-O 7:07 AM - 9 February, 2007
I'm trying to install SLv1.7, but I keep getting an Error 1327.Invalid Drive F:/ message. I've never had a drive labeled F on this computer so I'm not sure what's going on.

I've read a few posts about the need to change the drive letter to fix this problem, but none of them explain exactly how to change the drive letter.

Any suggestions?

Thanks.
DJ-A 3:03 PM - 9 February, 2007
is it an internal or external drive? what have you tried to fix it?
Dj Gary-O 3:59 PM - 9 February, 2007
It's an external drive. i've tried nothing in particular to fix it - don't know how.
DJ-A 5:25 PM - 9 February, 2007
some times it is just wierd. the first thing i would do is un plug it and then reconnect it, second i would leave it connected (with the hard drive turned on) i would restart the computer... try messing around with that a little.
DJ-A 5:31 PM - 9 February, 2007
if that doesnt work swear really loud, break something and then try it one more time because anything else will suck
Serato
Josh 10:50 PM - 12 February, 2007
Hi Gary-O,

can you try these instructions please and let me know how they go?

1. Pick any hard drive that exists on your system (e.g. D or E). Let's say you picked E
2. Go to "Start->Run".
3. Type in (without quotation marks): "subst C: E:\"
(Note: replace the letter E, with the drive you chose in step 1)
4. Go to "My Computer" and check that drive C has been created. If not, you must have typed something wrong in step 3.
5. Try installing ScratchLIVE.

6a. If you succeed Go to "Start->Run" and type in this exactly "subst /D C:" Don't change anything in this command. This should remove the newly mapped C drive, so you go back to your original configuration.
6b. If you don't succeed, please tell me what went wrong and on which of the above steps.
studdarj 10:02 PM - 13 February, 2007
I have resolved the issue. The problem seems to stem from the fact that I have multiple external drives. Once I hooked up both external drives, the problem was resolved, and I was able to install the software:

Step 1 Hook up all external drives that you have previously hooked up. (In my case, I had a G:\ and an f:\)

Step 2 Once both drives are hooked up, just install the software, and you won't get the error. It should install correctly, and it will install the software on your local drive. (In my case, that was drive C:\)

I was up and running after that.

HTH's

DJ Sean Price and DJ Gary Boooker (DJ Book)