Serato Software Feature Suggestions

What features would you like to see in Serato software?

Prepare box

nik39 1:51 PM - 24 July, 2004
Hi,

just a minor correction, if I click on the export button, then half of the tracks box below will be cut off and in the upper half you can see the prepare, only problem is, that if you have selected a track which was in the lower half, that it will be automaticall flapped down, and you can see it any longer, so you have to scroll up. It would make sense that the selected track should be still visible any maybe centered in the lower half. Hope you guys understand what I am talking about...

Plus it still would be cool to have multiple prepare boxes, that makes sense if two or more djs play at the same time on one machine.
Serato, Moderator
AJ 1:18 AM - 25 July, 2004
You basically want the song list to keep the selected song visible. Sounds reasonable with two conditions: 1/ it should only do it if the song was already visible before the resize, and 2/ it should only do it if there is exactly one song selected.

Quote:
Plus it still would be cool to have multiple prepare boxes, that makes sense if two or more djs play at the same time on one machine.

That could be confusing, but how about if it was possible to drag a crate to the prepare button, and then all the songs in the crate would be inserted into the prepare panel. Then you could set up multiple prepares as crates. It would just basically be a short cut for selecting a crate, choosing select all, and then dragging the songs into the prepare panel, which you can already do.
nik39 1:41 AM - 25 July, 2004
Quote:
That could be confusing, but how about if it was possible to drag a crate to the prepare button, and then all the songs in the crate would be inserted into the prepare panel. Then you could set up multiple prepares as crates. It would just basically be a short cut for selecting a crate, choosing select all, and then dragging the songs into the prepare panel, which you can already do.

This way, I see the problem that if the two djs switch lets say after 30 minutes each, then I would have to redrag my crate (which is a placeholder for the prepares) to the prepare section and the tracks which I have played allread will reappear, which is not desired.
annejones101 8:43 PM - 12 April, 2020
Yes true thanks vidmateapp.vin