DJing Discussion

This area is for discussion about DJing in general. Please remember the community rules when posting and try to be polite and inclusive.

updates

DJ-A 4:10 PM - 7 February, 2007
Are there any ideas about if there will continue to release updates for the existing software or if there is a new version that they will release?
I dont have the software, and am debating on if i should buy it now, or wait for them to release a new version
Konix 4:22 PM - 7 February, 2007
Of course, the software is always being improved and updated and new versions come out when they are ready, usually there's a new version every 4-6 months, with minor updated versions in between. This is Serato, not Final Scratch.
DJ-A 4:25 PM - 7 February, 2007
So once i buy in i wont have to worry about buying the software all over again? with final scratch 1, and then 2... and Serato being on 1.7 i was worried that once it got to 1.9 they would release 2.0 and i'd have to buy it all over again
Konix 4:28 PM - 7 February, 2007
Nope, no worries. All software updates are free. Like I said, this ain't Final Scratch.
DJ_Mike_Coquilla 10:27 AM - 9 February, 2007
freeeeeeeeeeee
Dj Black Vinyl 1:55 AM - 10 February, 2007
Yup ALL software updates are free... Thanks Rane and Serato ;-)
HittinSkinzTa2 1:58 AM - 10 February, 2007
It's not just the updates that are free... The Software itself is FREE. Just gotta buy the box.