Serato Software Feature Suggestions

What features would you like to see in Serato software?

Re: Pitch n' Time SSL Plugin

sojourn 11:09 PM - 5 February, 2007
Two weeks ago I posted a question about the proposed (and upcoming) Pitch n' Time SSL Plugin in an older thread, the details of which can be found here:

scratchlive.net

It has gone unanswered since (dropped from the top like a rock, actually), and as the thread was an older one anyway I thought I would repost this Q in a fresh thread for a potentially better response.

The meat of the question went like this:

Under the demands of a 2-channel live application such as DJ-ing with SSL, is the Pitch n' Time plugin intended to be capable of pitch/tempo-shifting the two live SSL channels at once; with full on-the-fly pitch control capabiltities for both the SSL "left-deck" and "right-deck" at the same time?

Again, this question may sound "silly", or "un-necessary"; but for details as to why I believe such a specific Question/Answer is relevant, please refer back to the original thread.

Thanks, mods, in advance for getting back on this as you can.

P.S.: PnT SSL Plugin info seems to be, understandably, sparse at best throughout the forums. If this is due to some "secrecy" or need to be "covert" about features due to an industry/marketing requirement I can respect that; but please do say so if you can so I can stop (or refocus) this line of questioning. Thanks.
derby 1:33 AM - 6 February, 2007
i would be surprised if it was a single-deck application.
sojourn 8:46 AM - 6 February, 2007
Honestly, considering we're speaking of Rane/Serato, I would be, too.

But I have also been "surprised" (highly disapointed) when several devices from several different manufacturers I've attempted to utilize for the same purpose have not worked under the promised conditions.

Software capable/enabled devices are a very different story these days, and it's very exciting. And it only makes "sense" that full, two-channel pitch control would be supported in this, already vast, system of upgradable tools connected through a hardware box.

But, like say, things that have been "expected" or "implied" in past systems are often just not there. Hence the "specific questioning" is all.

Again, if this pulls off what others haven't, will be a very interesting play in the industry in general. ...just waiting for confirmation of intent from the horse themselves.
balistikgelhed 12:14 AM - 28 October, 2008
Any input from the SSL boys?
skinnyguy 10:41 PM - 22 January, 2014
yay. just thought i'd revive an old thread =P

serato.com