Software help archive

A read-only archive of old serato.com help threads.

Prepare scrollbar not resizing + other problems

Product
Scratch Live
Version
-
Hardware
Ortofon | Serato S-120
Computer
-
OS
Platform
-
DJ[P]Mode 1:33 AM - 24 July, 2004
When I add songs to my prepare list and add so many that it goes past the space that can be viewed, I cannot just scroll down and have a look at the rest of the songs I have added to the prepare list because the scrollbar does not resize when this happens. So the only way around it for me is to close the prepare list, then re-open that prepare list. At least when I re-open it, the scroll bar is resized and I can scroll through all the songs I have added to that list. Just wondering if thats gonna be fixed any time soon. (BTW this was on a mac)

Also...some of my mp3s do not work when I try to load them onto a turntable. I dunno why they do not work. Some of them have unusual characteristics, like lets say the bitrate. It isn't a standard number, like 96, 128, 160, 192, 256, 320 and so on or whatever. Its like 212 or 262 or some other numbers like that. Also, some of them have a channels type of "Joint stereo" if that means anything to anyone. Everything looks aiights, its just those things. I don't want to have to burn everything onto audio CD then re-import them all again to make sure the encoding of the mp3s are all correct and compatible...can anyone else think of the quickest way to fix this problem??

Thanks heaps if anyone replies...
SpinThis! 1:59 AM - 24 July, 2004
SSL is picky about certain mp3s, particulary variable bitrate (VBR) MP3s. I haven't seen anyone having problems with Joint Stereo encoded files though (the only reason you'd use joint stereo is usually when your mp3 is below 128).

If you're using iTunes, you can re-encode those problem files to a constant bitrate by (right) clicking on them and selecting "convert to mp3". Make sure MP3 is the encoding selected in iTunes Import preferences (I believe the default is AAC; you can also select among wav and aif for no quality loss).
Serato, Forum Moderator
Steve W 6:24 AM - 24 July, 2004
Are you using the latest version (Build 1107)? All correctly encoded MP3s should now play in Scratch LIVE. There are some corrupted MP3s that won't, but we sure want them to. If you have any that won't play then please email them to support@serato.com. If they're bigger than 4 megs, upload them to ftp.serato.com/incoming instead.