Serato Software Feature Suggestions

What features would you like to see in Serato software?

Essentail for next update

DJ Bombjack 2:52 AM - 24 February, 2005
Yes, I know these have all been mentioned in other posts.
Yes, I am highlighting them again.

But we need:

AAC recognition.
Not the ITMS protected kind, just the regular kind. If FS has it, Serato should too. I use AAC a great deal - better quality and smaller file size. I hate having to make MP3 dupes just to use in Serato.

Automatic track volume leveling.
It's kind of annoying that tracks get played at vastly different volumes. Again, FS has it, so Serato should too.

Resetting of previously played track colors.
When you start a new session, all previously played track (which currently turn green) should reset to white.

Just my 2 cents...
BassChamber 8:43 AM - 24 February, 2005
i agree with you about points 1 and 2. anyways, in the meantime you could use mp3 gain or another app to set your tracks gains to the same level.

about point 3, you can reset previously played colors to white just pushing "clear" button in review window.
chubbsta 9:07 AM - 24 February, 2005
Yup, I totally agree with those, even though, they have been requested a number of times.
Revolutionary 9:23 AM - 24 February, 2005
Just because FS has something, doesn't mean Serato should have it. But I agree with you, man.
Revolutionary 9:23 AM - 24 February, 2005
Or SSL to be correct.
nik39 4:08 PM - 24 February, 2005
Agree with 1 and 2, but not with 3. Sometimes its handy, knowing which tracks you have played in the last session. Also, if in any case you have to restart SSL then you dont know what you have allready played in the last couple of hours on the same set :)
DJ Bombjack 6:03 PM - 24 February, 2005
Thanks for the info.
I didn't know you could do that with the review/clear button. Thanks.
Also, my suggestions are not based on the fact that because FS has something then SSL should too.
Simply that those two points are important and im opinion essential. And who wants to lose out to the competition?
djkenace 8:45 AM - 26 February, 2005
yeah AAC would be great and so would the other features. I pretty happy so far with the latest release. It really solved a lot of the problems we had with the cd side of things.
tehfoiler 6:21 PM - 28 February, 2005
It was already suggested that AAC would most likely be a paid plugin, given that the commercial license to decode AAC is expensive.

The second 2, I'd love to see tho.