DJing Discussion

This area is for discussion about DJing in general. Please remember the community rules when posting and try to be polite and inclusive.

i12inch Record Pool

Dj_Dropz_ 3:19 AM - 11 July, 2010
ok so i think at this point my subscription money to mp3pool.com is going to waste, should i give this new record pool a shot? looks dope but i need user feedback before making my decision... big reason is they got dope old school cuts available but the service is pricey... u guys think its worth the switch?
ninos 8:09 AM - 11 July, 2010
wow really sick record pool. expensive as hell but deff worth. so many classic cuts with intros/clean/dirty/aca/inst.. wow nice stuff there!
five-0h 9:34 AM - 11 July, 2010
Funny thats exactly what i did. I noticed Mymp3pool wasnt getting very much new stuff and i12inch has a grip of hard to find songs with intros. Definitely worth it!
lumas13 11:44 AM - 11 July, 2010
does 1 song = 1 credit
DJ Kidd Insomnia 2:49 PM - 11 July, 2010
Yep.......I would also look into DMS record pool.
DJJOHNNYM_vSL3 3:41 PM - 11 July, 2010
How do you know it has dope old school cuts?
dj steve f 7:03 PM - 11 July, 2010
i use i 12 inch and dc city, i 12 inch is pricey but if you look at all the tracks its pretty much any song thats worth while with intros clean dirty accapellas etc. plus cue points allready stored in serato when purchased so extra benefit there
Culprit 7:06 PM - 11 July, 2010
I dont need any of these pools anymore since I have a sv n xm subscription, but if I were not in these pools, id be on dms or i12inch. I have friends who rave about them all the time.
dj steve f 7:08 PM - 11 July, 2010
xm subscription also takws care of u for a good price as well
Dj_Dropz_ 7:33 PM - 11 July, 2010
Quote:
How do you know it has dope old school cuts?

i have signed up for there promotional credits and you find old school jams from earth wind and fire, donna summers etc etc with 320kbps AND intros... not only that but they have the 90's all covered... its just that its a pricey service but has very good quality tracks that idk if others pools have made available...
DJJOHNNYM_vSL3 7:34 PM - 11 July, 2010
I just tried to sign up, but the website is messin' up...
DJJOHNNYM_vSL3 7:45 PM - 11 July, 2010
OH, those cats are CRAZY - For platinum members, the entire database will be available to you but you will only be able to download a file one (1) time in a 90 day time period. Once you have downloaded a file once and that session expires the file will no longer be available to download for a full 90 days.

So, I would pay a GRIP, and a session expires, and I can't get the song I was looking for?

****deleting login information RIGHT NOW***
Dj_Dropz_ 7:45 PM - 11 July, 2010
just went one seems fine to me... =)
Dj_Dropz_ 7:47 PM - 11 July, 2010
onced ive downloaded the song i was looking for ive NEVER needed to download it ever again... so i dont really see this as an issue... unless you can give me in example of why it should be
DJJOHNNYM_vSL3 7:48 PM - 11 July, 2010
I'm saying, if the download FAILED....and they think it worked....wtf?
Dj_Dropz_ 7:51 PM - 11 July, 2010
ok that makes sense... from personal experience its only happen once to me but chances of it happening aften not only here but in every pool is unlikely... so this one flaw alone should pull me away from this pool?
ninos 7:56 PM - 11 July, 2010
looks like a really good record pool. my mom would kick my ass if i said 500$ for 1 year suscribition. im going just to stay with DJCITY, considering moving to DMS.
DJJOHNNYM_vSL3 8:04 PM - 11 July, 2010
Quote:
ok that makes sense... from personal experience its only happen once to me but chances of it happening aften not only here but in every pool is unlikely... so this one flaw alone should pull me away from this pool?

I've had occassion where I've downloaded songs before from Digiwaxx, and forgot where I put them, and needed to download it again, really quickly....
Dj_Dropz_ 8:06 PM - 11 July, 2010
ok ok its the gold package that has gotten my attention... thats roughly about the average downloads i do on the pools a month but 50 bucks? thats 30 bucks extra... = /
Dj_Dropz_ 8:09 PM - 11 July, 2010
and johnnym_vsl3 from what there saying i think that rule only applies to the platinum package... well from what im reading it looks that way to me...
DJJOHNNYM_vSL3 8:11 PM - 11 July, 2010
I'm sayin, why should it apply to ANY package? I'd have a SERIOUS problem kicking out come cash for joints, and upon a failed download, can't re-up for 90 days. Somebody would get shot.
Dj_Dropz_ 8:18 PM - 11 July, 2010
hahaha i get you johnny.... maybe thats a reason why no one here seems to be a member of this pool...
gotchuckz 8:21 PM - 11 July, 2010
Quote:
looks like a really good record pool. my mom would kick my ass if i said 500$ for 1 year suscribition. im going just to stay with DJCITY, considering moving to DMS.

i can see why you would consider the move to dms. every track has a dj friendly intro. no originals or instrumentals.
ninos 8:24 PM - 11 July, 2010
Quote:
Quote:

i can see why you would consider the move to dms. every track has a dj friendly intro. no originals or instrumentals.

funny thing i just looked at their site.. its too expensive. DJCITY byfar is the best pool out there.
Culprit 9:56 PM - 11 July, 2010
I wouldnt say one pool is better than the other. There is no best pool period. You guys also have the option to download the vsl plugin, install it and you can play the audio from the video files which gives you access to the content of these pools as well. SV audio is between 318-380k and XM audio is between 200k-250k (if i remember). Take into consideration that these files are also AAC files which are a higher standard (well above mp3).
Culprit 9:58 PM - 11 July, 2010
On another positive note as well, you can start building up your collection of videos now, and when your ready to make the jump, purchase the vsl licence and your ready to go with your library sorted to your specs with the right quality content.
DJ Art Pumpin Payne 1:42 AM - 12 July, 2010
I joined when the pool first broke, went with the cheapest plan to pickup a couple of old school joints with intros. I figured I would save the additional credits and use it when something new popped up.

What I didn't know is that the credits expire if you don't use them (30 days).

Other than that, not bad for BUYING MUSIC track by track - on par with Amazon or iTunes (but artist will never see any money).

Can never have too many pools or sources for music.
five-0h 2:14 AM - 12 July, 2010
Quote:
I joined when the pool first broke, went with the cheapest plan to pickup a couple of old school joints with intros. I figured I would save the additional credits and use it when something new popped up.

What I didn't know is that the credits expire if you don't use them (30 days).

Other than that, not bad for BUYING MUSIC track by track - on par with Amazon or iTunes (but artist will never see any money).

Can never have too many pools or sources for music.

Yeah my biggest complaint is that the credits expire after 30 days!! I think dj city is the best hands down but I12inch has a grip of songs that arent in DJcity, and have intros with cuepoints already tagged. Therefore, I currently have both.
gotchuckz 2:43 AM - 12 July, 2010
same as dms. with all plans you can only download the same song once per month. djcity ftw.
djkoolaid2009 5:49 AM - 12 July, 2010
I love dms alot more then i12inch. i had i12inch when it first opened and i can't lie the old school is good there but dms has it all! I plan to subscribe to i12inch every once in a blue moon just to see if they have any old school cuts but ill stick to dms djcity and just to put it out there unless your really into reggaeton do not subscribe to latino music pool not worth it its layed out just like mymp3pool but the download time is ridiculous!!! just my opinion
Dj_Dropz_ 11:56 AM - 12 July, 2010
Ok guys i just purchased the gold package from them because like everyone here clearly agrees on its them old school jams that are really hard to find that they have at full 320kbps with intros/pellas/clean/dirty... the only thing that does suck is that i have 30 days or those credits get taken away... but so far its WAAAY better then my current subscription of mymp3pool so thumbs up by me folks!! =)
wrosenbl12 1:33 PM - 12 July, 2010
heads up a lot of the throwbacks and classics on i12inch are vinyl rips.
djkoolaid2009 6:22 AM - 13 July, 2010
mymp3pool to me seems like its for your begining dj that was my first record pool before that i was mixing straight itunes music never been down with limewire always to afraid it would screw up my serato
DJ TK 7:05 AM - 13 July, 2010
DMS is where its at. They always seem to have what I'm looking for. Only downfall I would say with them is not instrumentals or pellas.
djbig-O 8:02 AM - 13 July, 2010
u guys know where i can find like reggeaton.. rock en espanol wit intros.. i love mixin hip hop but i get a lot of request for spanish music tooo
djticonyc 12:58 PM - 13 July, 2010
where do all of you see the old school/classics on i12inch ? i wanna see their selection before i subscribe
DJ Art Pumpin Payne 2:34 PM - 13 July, 2010
Quote:
where do all of you see the old school/classics on i12inch ? i wanna see their selection before i subscribe

I think U need to sign up first. You don't have to buy anything and has been spam free so far.
djticonyc 11:07 PM - 13 July, 2010
why would i want to sign up and pay for something i can't see if i would like it or not =o
Dj_Dropz_ 11:09 PM - 13 July, 2010
its free to sign up... once you sign up with them then u get to see the selection of tracks they offer...
DjLouSince82 11:57 PM - 13 July, 2010
Quote:
u guys know where i can find like reggeaton.. rock en espanol wit intros.. i love mixin hip hop but i get a lot of request for spanish music tooo

hit me up
djkoolaid2009 8:48 PM - 14 July, 2010
Latinmusicpool thats all its good for download rate sucks but youv get all spanish u need
HYDRO MATIC 3:30 AM - 15 July, 2010
Man I remeber when I was paying $80 every other two weeks for records (half of which I would never play) and still have to go on the off weeks to the record store to find the classics or stuff the pool missed like compilations and dj vervsions...

my oh my how times have changed...
DJ Art Pumpin Payne 4:05 AM - 15 July, 2010
Quote:
Man I remeber when I was paying $80 every other two weeks for records (half of which I would never play) and still have to go on the off weeks to the record store to find the classics or stuff the pool missed like compilations and dj vervsions...

my oh my how times have changed...

+1

Vinyl Pool dues were $50 per month in the 80's and $75 per month in the 90's.,

Now these new jacks bitch at anything over $10 per month that gives you stolen mp3s from Blogs.
Dj_Dropz_ 5:51 AM - 15 July, 2010
my beef was a one year subsciption for 500 bucks at this pool... im paying 50 for this PLUS 20 for mp3pool so i aint bitchin'... hahaha =)
DJJOHNNYM_vSL3 1:16 PM - 15 July, 2010
I'm gonna open up a DJ Pool.
DVDjHardy 1:56 PM - 15 July, 2010
Quote:

That would be a complete sausage fest.

I've had i12inch, DMS & DJ City. DJ City wins.
DJJOHNNYM_vSL3 4:12 PM - 15 July, 2010
Quote:
Quote:

That would be a complete sausage fest.

Oh, only FEMALE DJ's in bikinis in the "Pool" allowed....

The hell with y'all..
HYDRO MATIC 2:31 PM - 16 July, 2010
Quote:
my beef was a one year subsciption for 500 bucks at this pool... im paying 50 for this PLUS 20 for mp3pool so i aint bitchin'... hahaha =)

exactly what I'm talking about

DJ Art Pumpin Payne paid $50 @ 12 months=$600 a year plus extras from the store...
I payed $160 @ 12 months= $1920 plus extras....

So your still making out and not even having to leave your house...Hell promo only used to be 2-3 times more expensive back in the the late 90's...
DJ GOOK 10:27 PM - 17 July, 2010
is i12 inch,when its in serato is it a red and white symbol?
five-0h 11:16 PM - 17 July, 2010
not sure if you mean the jpg. image thats attached to the mp3 file but if that is what you mean, yes its a white background with red lettering and a black vinyl symbol
DJ GOOK 4:05 PM - 18 July, 2010
thanks
Jay Swag 4:15 AM - 11 October, 2010
I use Franchise

www.franchiserecordpool.com
bill-e 4:23 AM - 11 October, 2010
we got the goods on dms and i12inch, what about latenight (i know dude was here, but that was a while back) and idjpool?
DJ Art Pumpin Payne 5:02 AM - 11 October, 2010
Quote:
we got the goods on dms and i12inch, what about latenight (i know dude was here, but that was a while back) and idjpool?

Both are GREAT pools, with www.Latenightrecordpool.com, you get a lot of new stuff first, pretty cool if you are breaking new music. They also have DJ intro edits and other special mixes (chorus first, quick hitters, etc) plus also give you Videos.

www.idjpool.com usually offers more content than ANY other pool (both Dance idjpool.com and Urban idjpool.com ) and also has DJ Intro and Outro, usually Inst and Accapellas, plus just started adding Bonus Beats (think loops instead of full Inst).

Only downside to both is price, not as cheap as some of the $20 pools but well worth it if you are out of the bedroom making a few $$.
DJJOHNNYM_vSL3 6:34 PM - 11 October, 2010
What's everybody's take on Digiwaxx?
DJ NoNseNse 9:25 AM - 13 October, 2010
Quote:
What's everybody's take on Digiwaxx?

Diggiwaxx is ok but I wouldn't rely on it as your main source for music
DJJOHNNYM_vSL3 2:16 PM - 13 October, 2010
I really only use it, say monthly, to get today's "Hot Gawbage"...seems to do OK for what I call "Disposable Music".

And it's free!
slimmjimm 2:32 PM - 13 October, 2010
Quote:
I really only use it, say monthly, to get today's "Hot Gawbage"...seems to do OK for what I call "Disposable Music".

And it's free!

Pretty much the only redeeming quality.

I too remember paying for vinyl pools, and getting 18 copies of "latin Booty Party Jams" and such. I really hated that part.
Audio1 4:19 PM - 13 October, 2010
Be careful with some i12 stuff. It will say clean but actually be dirty. As a DJ, It's your job to listen/preview the music first. I know some radio jocks got dinged playing classic cuts from the i12 collection that was mislabeled as clean.
DJ Art Pumpin Payne 5:43 PM - 13 October, 2010
Quote:
I too remember paying for vinyl pools, and getting 18 copies of "latin Booty Party Jams" and such. I really hated that part.

LOL I still say Luke had some crackheads working his warehouse. I remember the pool I was in getting double shipments of those various compilation albums. Plus when I worked regional promo for Luke Records I serviced my club djs with a shitload of vinyl
slimmjimm 6:10 PM - 13 October, 2010
They were always the same exact songs, you'd get like one different track. I swear I have like two crates full of just stuff from that label. Lil Joe records or something.
DJ MCee 7:55 PM - 27 October, 2010
So if i download a track from i12Inch... am i able to keep it forever? or does the session expire?
Culprit 7:55 PM - 27 October, 2010
Quote:
So if i download a track from i12Inch... am i able to keep it forever? or does the session expire?

huh?
DJ MCee 8:04 PM - 27 October, 2010
I read that with the unlimited package, 'Once you have downloaded a file once and that session expires the file will no longer be available to download for a full 90 days. '

Is that saying that the file I download will only be playable for a period of time?

Or is it just saying that if i download a file, somehow lose it or download fails, i cannot get it again for 90 days?
Dj-M.Bezzle 8:04 PM - 27 October, 2010
Quote:

Or is it just saying that if i download a file, somehow lose it or download fails, i cannot get it again for 90 days?

this
Awesome steve 9:54 PM - 28 October, 2010
You can keep the file and play it forever, but you can't re-download it again for 90 days.
ceet12 4:17 AM - 25 May, 2011
If your gonna go with a record pool id reccommend dms and crate connect im also a member of djcity

the new crate connect is quality., so many tracks gettin added daily, also you can downlaod multiple files in crates of 10 at a time

dms is incredible again, all dj intro/outros etc, spot on stuff

dj city is great for content, but there downlaod system is pathetic, the whole review and rate to download sytem is awkward, and having to open or click on a new page every time to download is time consuming, plus you can only have six parrellel downl;oads with them

i myself am looking at i12 just because of the content, but the price needs to lower!
Laz219 12:20 PM - 25 May, 2011
6 parallel? I've never seen that, sure I've had way more than that going at once.
Daniel Alvarez 1:31 PM - 25 May, 2011
Quote:

www.wanderersound.com
ceet12 3:08 PM - 25 May, 2011
@laz, yea mate, thats all i can get six parrelel at once, can you check mate to make sure,

then ill email dj city
Dj-M.Bezzle 5:10 PM - 6 June, 2011
Quote:
@laz, yea mate, thats all i can get six parrelel at once, can you check mate to make sure,

then ill email dj city

...im usually DLing about 20 at a time
Sureshot (PA) 5:40 PM - 6 June, 2011
how long does it take you to download a song?! i couldn't click on 6 links in the time it takes me to download a track from DJCity.
Dj-M.Bezzle 7:24 PM - 6 June, 2011
Quote:
how long does it take you to download a song?! i couldn't click on 6 links in the time it takes me to download a track from DJCity.

what i do is open all the new tracks in new tabs then i paste my comment and click decent then dl athem all at once
Awesome steve 4:18 AM - 7 June, 2011
Quote:
what i do is open all the new tracks in new tabs then i paste my comment and click decent then dl athem all at once

genius!!!
Steve Cale 1:53 PM - 23 March, 2012
i think i12inch is a nice dj pool with lots of cool stuff. i was asking myself...what kind of sources do they use? they all have 320 k/bit but is most of the stuff really HQ?

Another thing: I recently subscribed to DMS Pool and right after that i could not login. Does it take a while (some sort of verification) until a login is possible???? I couldn't read anything about that-
DJ Prinvale` 4:12 PM - 23 March, 2012
No complaints about i12" thus far.

-- By the time I click download on the next track the 1st one is done
-- Good mix of hip hop, pop, edm
-- About once a month they upload old school packs (90's rap, east coast, etc)
-- Any issues I had DLing tracks they solved within a day or two
-- I would say out of the tens of thousands of tracks I've download from i12" only about 5 have been bad
Papa Midnight 6:22 PM - 23 March, 2012
Oh man, this thread was necromancer'd, lol. I've got some high points and low points with i12inch.

My gripe with them is sometimes dirty releases and clean releases come out on different days. There have even been times when they've released dirty versions and not released a clean version at all.

My only other thing is that they don't release many normal versions of Hip Hop and R&B songs. Instead, many just come with 8b intros. I don't mind the 8b intros personally (I rather like them), but I wish they included the regular versions as well.

Outside of that, good mix of music. High quality files (All of them actually are 320kbps in my experience, not 128kbps unconverted).

Just one thing, I'm not paying for their video pool when it hasn't been updated since July last year. The music releases are good and solid (every tuesday / thursday, though things get a bit staggered around major holidays) on schedule, but the video pool was seriously last updated on July 4th, 2011.