DJing Discussion

This area is for discussion about DJing in general. Please remember the community rules when posting and try to be polite and inclusive.

J0be - I Got Deeper --House heads needed --

J0be 10:37 PM - 6 July, 2010
I'm well into house music production these days, loving it! First release is planned for August on Nude Photo Music - a house label in Portland.

Here's my lastest deep house effort, I've kinda stolen a very popular acapella, but, you know. Whatever.

Let me know if you're feeling it!

soundcloud.com
J0be 6:51 AM - 7 July, 2010
bizump
Dj.Mojo 7:45 AM - 7 July, 2010
Nice, would define it as "afterhour, sunrise, terrace" sound. Man your good!

Do you have Ilario Alicante on your radar? That dude is twenty years old, signed to cocoon and soooo good. You have to check him out.

cheers, have a nice day!
J0be 5:59 PM - 7 July, 2010
Thanks mate :)

No havent heard of him, love the Cocoon label though. My mates are going to Cocoon in the park, this weekend I think.

I'll check him out, cheers!
Evil_banana 6:21 PM - 7 July, 2010
Very nice J0be, that is definitely deephouse right there, chill, sweet and buttery. Your producing is up to par dude!

You should check out this guy as well. Very smooth and great deephouse producer as well. Might inspire. He's an "all-hardware" type of guy, uses his MPC to sequence it all.
www.youtube.com

Keep em coming J0be! You're on my soundcloud following-list for a reason!
J0be 7:57 PM - 7 July, 2010
Thanks dude!

...wow, his beats are sick!! Love that hardware production vibe, so much more soul. I sit at my damn laptop all day and barely move a muscle! ;-)
Dj.Mojo 9:24 PM - 7 July, 2010
Great channel, thanks.
Thundercat 11:28 PM - 7 July, 2010
Not bad. I do like the Deeply Agnostic joint better. Perhaps it's that deep bass I feel like is missing a bit from this one. But I'm just one man and I'm old as dirt so take it for what it's worth. Still something I would (will) play tho. Keep up the work, you know where to find me ;-)
dj_craigmac 12:33 AM - 8 July, 2010
Jobe BTW I still play that Deeply Agnostic joint. This one is okay too.
Evil_banana 11:50 AM - 8 July, 2010
Quote:
Thanks dude!

...wow, his beats are sick!! Love that hardware production vibe, so much more soul. I sit at my damn laptop all day and barely move a muscle! ;-)

The guy is a true inspiration and I completely agree about the hardware. It seems much more tactile than software. But on the other hand, hardware is damn expensive, more difficult to connect and setup, more timeconsuming, more limited in possibilities, and maybe most importantly... less integrated. If you make a track and you want to continue working on it later, you have to save all the patches and all sequences on all hardware, name it properly and keep some sort of a log of what you used on what device for what song. And if you restart working on that track, you have to load and connect everything again how it was supposed to be...

Then again, nothing can beat that hardware-feeling :oP. And also, all those limitations can be a good thing, sometimes being limited forces you to be more creative with the tools you have. e.g. when on PC, you try out an effect, go through a few presets and if you don't find what you are looking for within 3 minutes, you just skip to the next plugin. If you have a limited hardware-set, you will most probably keep tweaking and messing around until you found what you were looking for, and probably learn a lot and do some happy-accidents in the process.

But I just don't have the money for it.

Besides, just like the mac Vs PC discussion... it's not like one is better than the other. They're different flavours in workflows and feeling and you just have to decide which one fits you best. I've seen some very interesting interviews of quite big producers who are using nothing else than an old computer, a crappy midi-keyboard, and El-cheapo-speakers. And they make kickass songs :o)

And these days you can add a lot more tactile feedback to a computer-based setup as well with all available controlllers. If I would have the extra room and money, I would shell out for a MPD32 or PadKontrol, a Novation SL II MK 49, Novation Launchpad, Euphonix MC Control and the MC Mix. That would pretty much work around the feeling of programming and mousing around too much :o)

Maybe some day.
J0be 8:25 PM - 8 July, 2010
Quote:
Not bad. I do like the Deeply Agnostic joint better. Perhaps it's that deep bass I feel like is missing a bit from this one. But I'm just one man and I'm old as dirt so take it for what it's worth. Still something I would (will) play tho. Keep up the work, you know where to find me ;-)

Yep, the more I listened to it, the more I agree. So I added more base, it's quite a basic roller, but I think it gives it more balls.

soundcloud.com

You can also download it for free here:

soundcloud.com

:D
J0be 8:26 PM - 8 July, 2010
Quote:

Maybe some day.

Not too long I hope ;-)
J0be 8:28 PM - 8 July, 2010
***added more bass

typos :/
lond0n 11:52 AM - 10 July, 2010
Quote:
Yep, the more I listened to it, the more I agree. So I added more base, it's quite a basic roller, but I think it gives it more balls.

soundcloud.com

soundcloud.com

Damn, this is a hot track! Thanks for the download :-)
djbanno 7:27 AM - 15 July, 2010
Quote:
Quote:

soundcloud.com

soundcloud.com

Damn, this is a hot track! Thanks for the download :-)

+1
Lookin forward to playin this out.
J0be 12:44 PM - 12 August, 2010
man, would love to hear one of my joints in a club, unexpectedly :)
dj_craigmac 1:40 PM - 12 August, 2010
If its any conscilation to u jobe i've played it on several occasions at gigs
Thundercat 11:01 PM - 12 August, 2010
I did mean to tell you that the little tweak you made turned it into a whole new track full off deep badassness...+10 house head points for the J0be
Dj_KaGeN 12:48 AM - 13 August, 2010
sick sick tune... well done my man.
J0be 8:31 AM - 13 August, 2010
Quote:
If its any conscilation to u jobe i've played it on several occasions at gigs

Nice! That's great news, how did it sound over the big system?
J0be 8:37 AM - 13 August, 2010
Quote:
I did mean to tell you that the little tweak you made turned it into a whole new track full off deep badassness...+10 house head points for the J0be

Cheers Dazz! Thanks for the initial feedback, I wouldn't have added more bass otherwise! ;-)

Quote:
sick sick tune... well done my man.

Thanks Kagen. Need to get back on Stickam and catch up with you guys. Been ages.
dj_craigmac 3:01 PM - 13 August, 2010
It sounded good on the big system but 1 more mixdown would made it near perfect
dj_craigmac 3:03 PM - 13 August, 2010
^^^^^^or mastering session
dj_craigmac 3:05 PM - 13 August, 2010
Damn I cant type, what i meant to say is"It sounds good a a big system but 1 more mixdown or mastering session would have made the track near perfect"