Websites Discussion

Talk about our websites Serato.com and Whitelabel.net
To talk about a Serato product such as Scratch Live or ITCH please find the appropriate forum area.

I AM BLOWN AWAY!

DJ Czar 10:20 AM - 6 January, 2007
Seriously, this is absolutely the best implementation of a digital record pool to date! Thank you Serato and thank you labels for cooperating! I cannot wait for the final site to come out, this has so much potential, again, I am absolutely blown away!

Now a few questions/requests

1) I've noticed some songs have missing Main versions or instrumentals. Songs I have the original promo CD singles for, and I know have those cuts. Are those missing because the labels declined to provide them? Do you guys encode from CD singles or uncompressed PCM masters? Just want to know the signal flow.

2) I imagine the files internally are MP3 but with some bits rearranged. What encoder is used? As most will agree LAME is hands down the best way to encode MP3s, it would be nice to now it's used here.

3) Would it be possible to fill in Composer/Producer tracks in the files? I rely on those a lot during my sets, sometimes stacking a dozen of songs from the same producer together (people absolutely love it.)

That is all for now. The website is extremely intuitive, simple, well designed (the same cannot be said for my12inch or Digiwaxx, where downloading music feels like a chore,) I couldn't ask for more! Thank you again for beginning yet another revolution in the music industry, and doing it with as much quality, style and class as last time!
Serato, Support
Matt G 12:29 PM - 6 January, 2007

I don't know the answer to question one, but I for question two I can tell you that we're using LAME.

I'll look into the producer id3 tag. The more metadata the better, I always say.
stendek 1:15 AM - 16 January, 2007
I second that. The Sound quality is impeccable.