DJing Discussion

This area is for discussion about DJing in general. Please remember the community rules when posting and try to be polite and inclusive.

DJ Alcoholics!!!

The Real DJ Maestro 3:20 PM - 19 June, 2010
R U a DJ alcoholic, if you take more then 2 or 3 Drinks a night.... This post is for you, Do you take a shot or a drink of something to calm yours nerves, Do you take shots with random customers and buy drinks for chicks with short skirts. How many drinks do you have in a night while DJing, Have you ever been so drunk to where someone has to drive you home, and you can't pack your equipment up! So you gotta leave it in the club. R U a DJ alcoholic

I wanna get chocolate wasted tonight!!!!!!!
ninos 5:03 PM - 19 June, 2010
When ever i DJ, i will have 2-3 of the following:

Corona
Bud Light Lime
Double shot of rye and coke
MAYBE, a few shots with the ladies.
djdalite 5:03 PM - 19 June, 2010
basically my job is to get you & me as drunk as possible when you visit my club, obviously my years of professional drinking experience allow me to go the distance and i can controll my choclate wastedness but....

shots/beer/drinks/vagina juice

its all game
Dispo.RKS 6:34 PM - 19 June, 2010
You have to keep up with the party! I usually take a shot or two before my set, with usually 3 or 4 more decently strong drinks and who knows how many after im done
Doctorjon 6:49 PM - 19 June, 2010
Quote:
When ever i DJ, i will have 2-3 of the following:

Corona
Bud Light Lime
Double shot of rye and coke
MAYBE, a few shots with the ladies.

Damn young doode getting krunk. I usually have a few beers before any set and who knows how much afterwards.
Logisticalstyles 6:56 PM - 19 June, 2010
I used to be like that when I Dj'ed and lived downtown, but now that my gig is in Decatur and I live in College Park I can't get wasted. I drink 2 or 3 Beers in course of my 3 hour gig and occaisionally take a shot.. I used to drink a whole six pack of beer and buy my own 375ml bottle of rum or vodka to sip on during the night. Those days are over, besides I'm trying to get my weight right so I can't do all of that.
Dj-M.Bezzle 12:03 AM - 20 June, 2010
my tolerance for alchohol is pretty damn high so i have to bring my own bottle with me just to get a good buzz. since the drinks i get there are pretty weak, that and i like having my drink there when i need it cause im pretty low on my bartenders priority list whenb we have a good crowd of tipping customers
djchope 12:17 AM - 20 June, 2010
i don't drink at all, give me an energy drink and im good.
ninos 12:36 AM - 20 June, 2010
Quote:

yea, i love to have 3-4 redbulls with me when i spin.
sacrilicious 3:01 AM - 20 June, 2010
Quote:
Quote:

!
DJS/R 3:29 AM - 20 June, 2010
Quote:

Yep Yep

Rum and Diet Coke, Hold the Rum.
madahda 4:28 AM - 20 June, 2010
Quote:
my tolerance for alchohol is pretty damn high so i have to bring my own bottle with me just to get a good buzz. since the drinks i get there are pretty weak, that and i like having my drink there when i need it cause im pretty low on my bartenders priority list whenb we have a good crowd of tipping customers

Hell yes
bill-e 6:21 AM - 20 June, 2010
Quote:
Quote:

jeezus lil man don't have a heart attack!
ninos 6:30 AM - 20 June, 2010
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

haha hey man what can you do, i get thirsty, but i dont have that many gigs so its not often, thats the only time ill have an energy drink.
DJ Jonasty 6:37 AM - 20 June, 2010
Maybe 1 or 2 at the gig, not always....Smash it when I get home, haha.
formulated 8:53 AM - 20 June, 2010
probably an alcoholic if i prefer to drink a bottle of wine before playing... at home.
JayB1200 2:39 PM - 20 June, 2010
Henny And Coke every half hour from 10-2
ninos 5:26 PM - 20 June, 2010
Quote:

ever had henny and apple juice? so gooood!
O.B.1 6:32 PM - 20 June, 2010
^^^ -1
you shouldn't mix cognac with anything (except maybe a blunt or a cuban)
room213 6:42 PM - 20 June, 2010
Quote:
Quote:

ever had henny and apple juice? so gooood!

Try a nice single barrel bourbon with apple juice.
stevie o 7:03 PM - 20 June, 2010
I drink a bottle of tanqueray every time I dj
sacrilicious 10:24 PM - 20 June, 2010
15 year Scotch and/or pints of good IPA. Redbull vodka if I show up too stoned.
DJ Ritmo 11:51 PM - 20 June, 2010
red bull and vodka so good
ninos 12:10 AM - 21 June, 2010
Quote:

herd its SUPER bad for you and 2 guys died from drinking it.
djbanno 1:04 AM - 21 June, 2010
Quote:
I drink a bottle of tanqueray every time I dj

^^ this can't be good either.
...half a bottle and a dozen Coronas maybe...ha!
sacrilicious 1:42 AM - 21 June, 2010
Quote:
Quote:

herd its SUPER bad for you and 2 guys died from drinking it.

Yeah it's much safer to have 3-4 Red Bulls...
Dispo.RKS 2:13 AM - 21 June, 2010
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Reminds me of a show i did at a teen club, the only drinks they had were energy drinks and slushees made from energy drinks...Didnt get to bed till like 530 am lol

I've also quit drinking redbull and vodka at my gigs, I might have one or two if im out not djing tho..
RAMPING 2:31 AM - 21 June, 2010
Redbull is the best!
O.B.1 5:06 AM - 21 June, 2010
moderation in alll things...
MADLOGIC the Selectah 7:06 AM - 21 June, 2010
When I was in the states and played strictly HIP-HOP and DANCEHALL with my crew in Detroit, I crush Heinekens and Guiness on the regular, lol, we always had a DD, one guy never drank. In Germany it's serious, drinking and driving is NOT tolerated at all.
DJ Ritmo 3:57 PM - 21 June, 2010
shit i love red bull its almost like its takes over the music for you.
Dj-M.Bezzle 4:01 PM - 21 June, 2010
I personally dont rock the redbulls, i go for that big boy monster energy drink can. The one that looks like a thermous
The Real DJ Maestro 4:03 PM - 21 June, 2010
i drink anything to get thru the night when the promoters are wack and the sound sucks
DJS/R 4:10 PM - 21 June, 2010
I. Love. Red Bull.

My DJ buddy works for them and hooks me up with free cases whenever I help him out with stuff. I stopped drinking alcohol and switched to red bull, a couple a night.
philldafunk 4:11 PM - 21 June, 2010
I've been sober going on 6 months now, it give you a different perspective on things. It also makes it harder to deal w/ all of the patrons and their drunkenness :)
popnwave 5:30 PM - 21 June, 2010
Yes I do have drinks when I VJ.. Usually just to calm the nerves until the first hour is over and then I hit cruise control.
RAMPING 6:29 PM - 21 June, 2010
Quote:
I. Love. Red Bull.

My DJ buddy works for them and hooks me up with free cases whenever I help him out with stuff. I stopped drinking alcohol and switched to red bull, a couple a night.

I hate you
jhgjhjhg 7:10 PM - 21 June, 2010
This Isn't drink related but I smoke cig's like every half hour so if i do start getting gigs I'm probably gunna have to bring a nicotine inhaler, outside of DJing I drink like a fish, I'm actually hungover right now:-)
Awesome steve 8:18 PM - 21 June, 2010
At the bar I dj at, I get my tab compensated. I find it easier to deal with the rediculous drunk chicks when I'm drunk. I usually will have about 5 Jack and cokes in my 3.5 hour set.

It never fails: there's a sound-cut switch behind the bar, and at 1:59 every Saturday, they cut the sound off to close the bar. Every single time, I freak out because I think that something went horribly wrong. When you're 5 Jack and cokes in, the freakout is amplified.
RAMPING 8:23 PM - 21 June, 2010
\o/ .
DouggyFresh 8:39 PM - 22 June, 2010
Quote:

It never fails: there's a sound-cut switch behind the bar, and at 1:59 every Saturday, they cut the sound off to close the bar. Every single time, I freak out because I think that something went horribly wrong. When you're 5 Jack and cokes in, the freakout is amplified.

Try waking up every 30 minutes to a waking nightmare you fell asleep while DJing and the music stopped and you're frantically trying to restart it but it won't start back up... Then you wake up... I don't get that much anymore..
djsatony 6:04 PM - 23 June, 2010
has anyone taken 5 hour energy+shots during a gig?? That shit gets me amp'd up!!
DJ Ritmo 4:09 PM - 24 June, 2010
Quote:
has anyone taken 5 hour energy+shots during a gig?? That shit gets me amp'd up!!

No i havent tried that
djchrischip 8:00 PM - 24 June, 2010
i've djed everywhere from completely sober to drunk as a skunk... it doesnt really matter too too much. i just am bored of drinkin as of late
Dj Farhan 2:19 AM - 19 July, 2010
bacardi and coke all day baby
Dj_Dropz_ 3:21 AM - 19 July, 2010
2-3 Stellas or coronas and 1 Adios mixed drink... thats enough for the night... i feel that mixing while alittle intoxicated improves my performance... hahaha
DJ Spruatic 3:52 AM - 19 July, 2010
Quit drinking a while ago all together and it has worked wonders for my career as a dj.. There is a huge learning curve to "Sober Djing" though and takes some time getting used to. I
djnak 4:19 AM - 19 July, 2010
Quote:

when im really tired or smoked alot before I will take 2 and ill be twitching by the time i start then 4 to 10 beers and shots somenights........lol
O.B.1 4:21 AM - 19 July, 2010
^^^ damn dude!
-wide awake drunk...
LJ_WOOLSEY 11:32 PM - 19 July, 2010
If I'm not drinking half bottle of vodka and 5 pints of Stella I will have 8 cans red bull and a carten of orange joice!

That's how I roll
sacrilicious 11:43 PM - 19 July, 2010
Quote:
If I'm not drinking half bottle of vodka and 5 pints of Stella I will have 8 cans red bull and a carten of orange joice!

That's how I roll

I'd rather DJ on half a bottle of vodka and five pints of Stella.
Awesome steve 12:04 AM - 20 July, 2010
stella FTW!!!!
Dj-M.Bezzle 1:35 PM - 20 July, 2010
ive got the half a bottle (full bottle here lol) of vodka down but what the hell is stella??
Awesome steve 1:37 PM - 20 July, 2010
i swear if someone puts up a lmgtfy link, i'll punch myself in the face.

here: beeradvocate.com
Dj-M.Bezzle 1:44 PM - 20 July, 2010
oh its beer...pass lol
southernplayalisticaddilacmuzik 1:58 PM - 20 July, 2010
Right now I'm actually at a gig djing, taking shots of patron, smoking a blunt, snorting some coke, trippin on X, shaking from redbulls, eating vagina, while getting a blowjob. And my transitions are still squeeky clean! LOL!
Dj Rehab 4:27 PM - 20 July, 2010
As you get older you will realize that you have to stop drinking at gigs. It doesn't make you better.
Dj-M.Bezzle 4:35 PM - 20 July, 2010
Quote:
As you get older you will realize that you have to stop drinking at gigs. It doesn't make you better.

it helps me out, when i try to do it sober i overthink EVERY track
Dj_Dropz_ 5:21 PM - 20 July, 2010
Quote:
Quote:

+10000000000000
dj vegas 7:41 PM - 20 July, 2010
in 16 years of djing i have found
3 to 8 miller lights i play great!
1 to 8 lines of coke im the worst dj ever! i cant do it!
1 to 3 blunts makes me play chill shit and want to order a pizza wile playing< not good
1 to 2 lines not bumps lol special k < wow i had to crawl of of the dj booth and left everything on and walked straight out of the club with all my shit left there.
2 to 5 rolles i djed for 10hrs plus countless times with my best playing to date, i dont do it anymore though:(
asid mushrooms < not that fucking crazy and now that i play videos i might have been tempted to play some insane clown posy..< not a good idea!
Sober the last to weeks and i felt like my set was kinda boring so im going to stick to 3 to 8 miller lights!

I can keep a case of beer in my fridge at home for a month i only drink at work to get on there level and it helps! I have not done drugs in 5 years i think you just grow out of it!
I must say getting paid good money and keeping my job now for this long and doing all that i have done makes me really love djing!
dj vegas 7:43 PM - 20 July, 2010
P.s i never drink and drive and spay or nuder your pets!
Rane, Support
Chad S. 7:52 PM - 20 July, 2010
Quote:
Quote:

Yep Yep

Rum and Diet Coke, Hold the Rum.

me too, but hold the diet.

Some clubs you pay $2 for waterdowned half can of soda thats been open since yesterday. I pretty much bring drinks in with me. LOL at smuggling gatoraid to my club gigs.
Dj Rehab 8:01 PM - 20 July, 2010
Quote:
Quote:

Eventually you will have a doc tell you to stop or else.
Dj-M.Bezzle 8:04 PM - 20 July, 2010
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

lol i think your seriosuly overestimating the possible lifespan of my career
dj vegas 8:18 PM - 20 July, 2010
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

if i dont die djing and get to old to drink 3 beers 2 days a night kill me i dont want a real job!!!!!
Dj Rehab 10:26 PM - 20 July, 2010
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

if i dont die djing and get to old to drink 3 beers 2 days a night kill me i dont want a real job!!!!!

I'm talking about dj's who drink 6 beers, 4 shots, a red bull and vodka 4-5 times a week. We all know plenty who do this. Eventually it will catch up to you, either by DUI or health issues.
Awesome steve 6:46 AM - 21 July, 2010
i'm the only one of my close circle of friends who hasn't gotten a dui, and i intend to keep it that way. that's why i live within walking distance from like 25 bars.
Awesome steve 6:47 AM - 21 July, 2010
i will add: don't drink where you work. it's always bad news.
phaeton 11:51 AM - 21 July, 2010
The bar staff say i play better when im drunk lol