Websites Discussion

Talk about our websites Serato.com and Whitelabel.net
To talk about a Serato product such as Scratch Live or ITCH please find the appropriate forum area.

Good Idea But Need Quality For Remixes

dj Suave 5:34 PM - 2 January, 2007
This is a great idea for the site but the thing is what if you want to do remixes and blendz with the Acapellas and Instrumentals? Plus I am still running an older version of Serato because I am cautious on waiting for all the bugs to be removed from Vrs 1.6. I think this site will go far but If you do remixes and Dj Intros like me it seems like it might become a hassle. Just my 2 cents......
Daim 7:06 PM - 2 January, 2007
if u want to remix a track u should maybe buy it..

i mean when u do things with artist's music without their permission
u should at least pay them some money by buying it

my 2 cents.....
Matt Hite 12:39 AM - 3 January, 2007
Maybe this wasn't obvious to you Daim, but typically the Instrumental and Acapella version are promo-only and not generally on CD singles these days. (There are exceptions of course...)

Obviously there are ways of recording WhiteLabel.net MP3 files back to your computer for manipulation, so it's more of an inconvenience that anything. (I suppose it probably breaks some terms of service, though.)

-M
Daim 5:37 AM - 3 January, 2007
yups i'm not really into hiphop.. so no clue :)
Talrinys 10:12 AM - 3 January, 2007
Well just do it with your turntables, after all, you're a DJ are you not? ;)
If you want complete access then get worksessions.com access, there's no restriction on those files, or digiwaxx.com
Res-Q 6:31 PM - 3 January, 2007
I second Suave on this, just posted on another thread about it.
Talrinys 6:57 PM - 3 January, 2007
Damn how lazy are you US djs?
Go get your shiny turntables, possibly a sampler, and record it?
Detroitbootybass 7:02 PM - 3 January, 2007
Quote:
Damn how lazy are you US djs?

Pretty lame comment...
Talrinys 11:28 PM - 3 January, 2007
Indeed, but i meant it, we're still using vinyl over here and these people actually have a problem with having to use their turntables? Just be glad that this is even possible.
Serato
dave 12:19 AM - 16 January, 2007
Hi dj Suave

Quote:
I am still running an older version of Serato because I am cautious on waiting for all the bugs to be removed from Vrs 1.6.

1.6.3 is much more stable than any previous version of Scratch LIVE. Download it here -> scratchlive.net